David Boreanaz Admits: I Cheated on My Wife

Page 8 of 11 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: David Boreanaz Admits: I Cheated on My Wife

Post by tinkrella on Thu May 06, 2010 8:14 am

Bonesicted wrote:HH just tweeted this "David Boreanaz has asked me to express to fans his sincere pain, thanks for support, and determination that his family will 'get thru this'."

I'm shocked he said anything at all. The man's got balls that's for sure. I'd have run and hid from all forms of social networking. DB I mean not HH.

tinkrella
Head of Forensics
Head of Forensics

Number of posts : 1190
Registration date : 2010-01-31

Back to top Go down

Post by anteater on Thu May 06, 2010 8:17 am

a_rangergrl2 wrote:
Beliskner wrote:
bugaboo628 wrote:I wonder if it is safe to say that David will not be doing any promoting of the 'Bones' season finale.....

lol ye as much as I want some DB interviews about Bones, I don't think he could avoid questions about his affair and all focus will be on him instead of the show. If he were to make a statement about it on tv it would be for the best if it isn't a LIVE interview, on the other hand he can't avoid it forever.

It would be smarter for him to stay out of the press for a while, at least it is save to say some other celeb will do a royal f*ck up and everything will be focused on that.

I think the People Magazine article serves to get that out of the way too. Don't think he hasn't been working with Fox PR people on this. And they are doing everthing right so far. The people that suffer the worst and the longest from something like this are the people who don't sit down with a major media outlet and when they do talk they try to qualify what they did. Tiger Woods, Bill Clinton, Jesse James are all examples of that. As opposed to David Letterman or Hugh Grant who went on Jay Leno after his little hooker encounter- arrest. Get it out, take it on the chin and its over way faster. Whatever press he does in the next few weeks will be controlled by the FOX PR people and by the time they get to press for next season, this will be old news.

Completely agree. He is doing it the right way, coming out and accepting responsibility, taking the bad press that he will inevitably receive for the next couple of weeks, and then move on. Letterman and Grant's careers and public images have bounced back while the others will take more time. What he did was really crappy and morally not right but the fact of the matter is is that he didn't kill anyone, get caught doing/selling drugs, or anything that is illegal. He made a mistake, will face the consequences, and then get back to trying to repair his life.

And the stuff on Twitter about blaming ED was absolutely ridiculous. I did not look at it for fear that I would say something that I would regret. Booth is my favorite character on the show and I started watching because of him but BONES would be nothing without both of them.

Hart Hanson just tweeted this, by the way: David Boreanaz has asked me to express to fans his sincere pain, thanks for support, and determination that his family will "get thru this".
anteater
Forensic Artist
Forensic Artist

Number of posts : 225
Registration date : 2009-04-26

Back to top Go down

Post by Bonesicted on Thu May 06, 2010 8:21 am

tinkrella wrote:
Bonesicted wrote:HH just tweeted this "David Boreanaz has asked me to express to fans his sincere pain, thanks for support, and determination that his family will 'get thru this'."

I'm shocked he said anything at all. The man's got balls that's for sure. I'd have run and hid from all forms of social networking. DB I mean not HH.
I hope it's not a PR trick, but genuine. Because if it is it shows that he cares in a way about his fans/us and appreciates them/us, or am I totally wrong?
Bonesicted
Agent
Agent

Number of posts : 342
Registration date : 2010-04-09

Back to top Go down

Post by tinkrella on Thu May 06, 2010 8:31 am

you're not wrong. I think since fans are the basis of his success he probably should care how people see him. Then again another part of me feels like who am I to care? I'm not his wife. So I'm rather torn on that. I think it's because I was never a big DB fan. If it were emily and this situation was reversed in some way, I know I'm be super upset and want to hear something like that from her.

tinkrella
Head of Forensics
Head of Forensics

Back to top Go down

Post by treble21 on Thu May 06, 2010 8:32 am

I absolutely cannot believe that anyone would think that ED is involved in anyway. That's disgusting, that people were saying that.

With regards to Rachel Uchitel, until either RU or DB confirm that they had an affair last year I refuse to believe it, all of the media outlets reporting that they did are quoting an unamed "source" which I imagine is the star story last year (and again an unamed source provided the info in the story), which when looking at the details of the affair that RU was supposed to having with DB it actually fits Tiger Woods better than DB ( especially since it has been confirmed by text messages that RU had an ongoing affair with TW). I just want to reiterate that RU has never claimed publicly to have had an affair with DB

Last edited by treble21 on Thu May 06, 2010 8:36 am; edited 1 time in total
treble21
Therapist
Therapist

Number of posts : 4680
Say What You Want : I'm gonna miss the ABY.
Registration date : 2009-07-26

Back to top Go down

Post by tinkrella on Thu May 06, 2010 8:34 am

treble21 wrote:I absolutely cannot believe that anyone would think that ED is involved in anyway. That's disgusting, that people were saying that.

With regards to Rachel Uchitel, until either RU or DB confirm that they had an affair last year I refuse to believe it, all of the media outlets reporting that they did are quoting an unamed "source" which I imagine is the star story last year (and again an unamed source provided the info), which when looking at the details of the affair that RU was supposed to having with DB actually fits Tiger Woods better than DB ( especially since it has been confirmed by text messages that RU had an ongoing affair with TW). I just want to reiterate that RU has never claimed publicly to have had an affair with DB

yup I think the rachel thing was BS. This thing could have very well been gong on DURING that time...but no one has said it's RU.

tinkrella
Head of Forensics
Head of Forensics

Back to top Go down

Post by Bonesicted on Thu May 06, 2010 8:34 am

tinkrella wrote:you're not wrong. I think since fans are the basis of his success he probably should care how people see him. Then again another part of me feels like who am I to care? I'm not his wife. So I'm rather torn on that. I think it's because I was never a big DB fan. If it were emily and this situation was reversed in some way, I know I'm be super upset and want to hear something like that from her.
In what way am I wrong? Or do you perhaps mean that he should have thought abt his fans BEFORE he went out and did what he did? Smile I might have misunderstood your post. Embarassed
Bonesicted
Agent
Agent

Back to top Go down

Post by treble21 on Thu May 06, 2010 8:35 am

tinkrella wrote:you're not wrong. I think since fans are the basis of his success he probably should care how people see him. Then again another part of me feels like who am I to care? I'm not his wife. So I'm rather torn on that. I think it's because I was never a big DB fan. If it were emily and this situation was reversed in some way, I know I'm be super upset and want to hear something like that from her.

I'm a huge DB fan and honestly it doesn't bother me that much, I always wondered what his flaw was ( everyone has them) and apparently this is it.
treble21
Therapist
Therapist

Back to top Go down

Post by Bonesicted on Thu May 06, 2010 8:36 am

Bonesicted wrote:
In what way am I wrong? Or do you perhaps mean that he should have thought abt his fans BEFORE he went out and did what he did? Smile I might have misunderstood your post. Embarassed
lol! Never mind! I read like and infant... Wink totally didn't see the "not". SORRY! Embarassed Embarassed Embarassed Embarassed Embarassed
Bonesicted
Agent
Agent

Back to top Go down

Post by mereva on Thu May 06, 2010 8:39 am

You know, I think I lost my mind loco (yes, loco, exactly like that!) but I'd like to hear Emily's comment about this whole mess... (I disappointed you, girls, I know... I'm so bad.)
mereva
Head of Forensics
Head of Forensics

Number of posts : 1841
Say What You Want : I'm frustrated and very annoyed by HH's 'brilliant ideas'.
All the credits for my avatar go to christinaof94 from LJ.
Registration date : 2008-06-15

Back to top Go down

Post by Bonesicted on Thu May 06, 2010 8:40 am

treble21 wrote:

I'm a huge DB fan and honestly it doesn't bother me that much, I always wondered what his flaw was ( everyone has them) and apparently this is it.
Was it you and I who had the "There has to be something "wrong" with this man." discussion in the "Hot pic of DB" thread? I was actually thinking to myself, when I heard about this, "OK, so now I know what's 'wrong' with him" in a jokingly manner. It might sound harsh but in a way I'm kind of glad (feels wrong to use that word but I hope you get my point, nothing mean intended) that he's human and has some kind of faults.
Bonesicted
Agent
Agent

Back to top Go down

Post by treble21 on Thu May 06, 2010 9:06 am

Bonesicted wrote:
treble21 wrote:

Was it you and I who had the "There has to be something "wrong" with this man." discussion in the "Hot pic of DB" thread? I was actually thinking to myself, when I heard about this, "OK, so now I know what's 'wrong' with him" in a jokingly manner. It might sound harsh but in a way I'm kind of glad (feels wrong to use that word but I hope you get my point, nothing mean intended) that he's human and has some kind of faults.

yeah I definitely responded to that discussion I think I said he was "slick" LOL
treble21
Therapist
Therapist

Back to top Go down

Post by bugaboo628 on Thu May 06, 2010 9:16 am

mereva wrote:You know, I think I lost my mind loco (yes, loco, exactly like that!) but I'd like to hear Emily's comment about this whole mess... (I disappointed you, girls, I know... I'm so bad.)

I say let David deal with the mess he made. The cast and crew of 'Bones' needs to stay out of it. I don't want to see 'Bones' tainted.

It is bad enought that Hart Hanson just got himself involved.
bugaboo628
Administrator/Head Moderator

Number of posts : 1586
Registration date : 2008-12-14

Back to top Go down

Post by Bonesicted on Thu May 06, 2010 9:42 am

bugaboo628 wrote:

I say let David deal with the mess he made. The cast and crew of 'Bones' needs to stay out of it. I don't want to see 'Bones' tainted.

One thing I thought abt when I read HH's tweet was why DB didn't get his own Twitter account if he wanted to "talk" to the fans instead of going through HH...
Bonesicted
Agent
Agent

Back to top Go down

Post by tinkrella on Thu May 06, 2010 9:45 am

bugaboo628 wrote:
mereva wrote:You know, I think I lost my mind loco (yes, loco, exactly like that!) but I'd like to hear Emily's comment about this whole mess... (I disappointed you, girls, I know... I'm so bad.)

I also am a bit weary he commented. I would have thought fox would just put a lips sealed policy on all of them. As much as I would enjoy emily's take on it....it is probably better to stay out of it publicly.

tinkrella
Head of Forensics
Head of Forensics

Back to top Go down

Post by Lorna Doone on Thu May 06, 2010 9:54 am

bugaboo628 wrote:I wonder if it is safe to say that David will not be doing any promoting of the 'Bones' season finale.....

Doesn't he have to appear at the Fox upfronts. I think they are scheduled for right before the season finale.

Lorna

Lorna Doone
Forensic Artist
Forensic Artist

Number of posts : 149
Registration date : 2009-12-03

Back to top Go down

Post by tinkrella on Thu May 06, 2010 9:59 am

Lorna Doone wrote:

Doesn't he have to appear at the Fox upfronts. I think they are scheduled for right before the season finale.

Lorna

I was discussing this else where....does he have to go? Or is it something you can not go to? I'm not sure how it works because I know not all actors from every show go to it. I'm sure his PR can say "don't ask anything about it." That's usually what PR does anyway. Upfront might be good for him and the show.

tinkrella
Head of Forensics
Head of Forensics

Back to top Go down

Post by bugaboo628 on Thu May 06, 2010 10:01 am

Lorna Doone wrote:

Lorna

No, he doesn't have to appear ~ the whole cast doesn't attend every year. They (FOX) may keep him away this year just in case some bonehead reporter decides to bring up the situation.
bugaboo628
Administrator/Head Moderator

Number of posts : 1586
Registration date : 2008-12-14

Back to top Go down

Post by tinkrella on Thu May 06, 2010 10:05 am

bugaboo628 wrote:
Lorna Doone wrote:

Lorna

No, he doesn't have to appear ~ the whole cast doesn't attend every year. They (FOX) may keep him away this year just in case some bonehead reporter decides to bring up the situation.

True it may be a long time before we see him like that unless it's stupid papp pics around LA puke

Emily is set to film her movie. i heard it was in May. If that's true she may not be at the upfronts either. maybe they will send TJ and Michaela instead.

tinkrella
Head of Forensics
Head of Forensics

Back to top Go down

Post by the beaver1965 on Thu May 06, 2010 10:11 am

WTH!! Why is HH getting involved in this? Is he doing it as a friend,or is he concerned about the ramifications it will have on his show? I know all the cast members are good friends, and I hope that they don't get dragged into this mess, especially Emily because her and DB are exceptionally close friends. Boreanaz has got to face the music on his own.

the beaver1965
Forensic Artist
Forensic Artist

Number of posts : 209
Registration date : 2009-09-24

Back to top Go down

Post by Beliskner on Thu May 06, 2010 10:28 am

He's probably doing it as a friend and don't worry about it too much, I already said this in the other thread but it seems the discussion is moved back here. So quoting myself

''well I have read the tweets incomming and 99% are positive (as in giving support to him and his family and asking him to confirm ED had nothing to do with this).

In my opinion smart move Mr. Boreanaz''
Beliskner
Agent
Agent

Number of posts : 350
Say What You Want : The man who goes alone can start today; but he who travels with another must wait till that other is ready, and it may be a long time before they get off
Registration date : 2010-04-15

Back to top Go down

Post by a_rangergrl2 on Thu May 06, 2010 11:28 am

Bonesicted wrote:
tinkrella wrote:

I hope it's not a PR trick, but genuine. Because if it is it shows that he cares in a way about his fans/us and appreciates them/us, or am I totally wrong?

I don't think you are wrong, I think DB has gotten expressions of genuine concern for him and his family. Compassion, forgiveness and concern are not totally gone from the face of the planet. I think it was nice of DB to want to acknowledge that and reassure those people back.
a_rangergrl2
Forensic Artist
Forensic Artist

Number of posts : 167
Registration date : 2010-04-11

Back to top Go down

Post by a_rangergrl2 on Thu May 06, 2010 11:44 am

bugaboo628 wrote:

David and Emily are Bones. Without either of them this show would have been a memory a long time ago. We are fortunate that both of them realize that. I hardly think a show that owes its existance to their on screen chemistry should worry about being "tainted" by something happening off screen in either of their lives when it has benefited so much from their contributions onscreen.
a_rangergrl2
Forensic Artist
Forensic Artist

Number of posts : 167
Registration date : 2010-04-11

Back to top Go down

Post by redrider on Thu May 06, 2010 12:37 pm

the beaver1965 wrote:WTH!! Why is HH getting involved in this? Is he doing it as a friend,or is he concerned about the ramifications it will have on his show? I know all the cast members are good friends, and I hope that they don't get dragged into this mess, especially Emily because her and DB are exceptionally close friends. Boreanaz has got to face the music on his own.

Are you saying his friends shouldn't show support for him? I disagree! True friends would stand by him no matter what he's done.
redrider
Doctor
Doctor

Number of posts : 693
Registration date : 2008-06-01

http://fanstory.com/mypage.jsp

Back to top Go down

Post by Beliskner on Thu May 06, 2010 1:00 pm

redrider wrote:
the beaver1965 wrote:WTH!! Why is HH getting involved in this? Is he doing it as a friend,or is he concerned about the ramifications it will have on his show? I know all the cast members are good friends, and I hope that they don't get dragged into this mess, especially Emily because her and DB are exceptionally close friends. Boreanaz has got to face the music on his own.

Are you saying his friends shouldn't show support for him? I disagree! True friends would stand by him no matter what he's done.

Indeed, DB has said several times HH is like an older brother to him.

My buddy in the army back while I was in basic training, cheated on his gf, I knew, I called him an idiot and *gibbs slapped him but we didn't stop being friends...(btw we have mixed basic training here if anyone was asking).
Beliskner
Agent
Agent

Number of posts : 350
Say What You Want : The man who goes alone can start today; but he who travels with another must wait till that other is ready, and it may be a long time before they get off
Registration date : 2010-04-15

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 8 of 11 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top