David Cheating ~ Will it change the way you feel about 'Bones'?

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: David Cheating ~ Will it change the way you feel about 'Bones'?

Post by AmandaMarshall on Wed May 05, 2010 2:13 am

mereva wrote:
What woman nowadays would expect a six figure payout for sleeping with DB 2 or 3 times. The other way round, maybe.
DB is definitely not a man who needs to pay for sex, so much is sure.

At least not the more or less traditional kind. Shocked

AmandaMarshall
Forensic Artist
Forensic Artist

Number of posts : 121
Registration date : 2009-07-31

Back to top Go down

Post by tinkrella on Wed May 05, 2010 3:19 am

I'm confused. Isn't what that woman did black mail? couldn't she go to jail for that? or...is it just such a common thing in hollyweird that nobody blinks an eye.

I didn't know who he was before bones either. I knew his father, the weather man! But, didn't follow buffy/angel. One of my friends has been a hard core david fan since....gosh....we were in 7th/8th grade? She LOVES him and this is really upsetting her. So I guess it may affect his die hard fans a lot differently. I understand. I have to say Emily right now is my number one actress and if something bad like this came out about her I'd be upset. But, I think the thing to remember is that Hollywood is all about images and the PR machine. We don't know any of them. Hell, they may not even know themselves once hollywood is done sucking the life out of them. It really sucks that the media makes these actors (who are just normal people) out to be perfect and godlike and then love to tear them down at the first sign of trouble and say "how dare they?" Sorry, I'm a tad bitter towards the media in general. Too much psych and journalism classes will do that to you. affraid

tinkrella
Head of Forensics
Head of Forensics

Number of posts : 1190
Registration date : 2010-01-31

Back to top Go down

Post by anteater on Wed May 05, 2010 3:54 am

tinkrella wrote:I'm confused. Isn't what that woman did black mail? couldn't she go to jail for that? or...is it just such a common thing in hollyweird that nobody blinks an eye.

If she really is blackmailing and he has proof of that, then she can go to jail. That is what is happening in the David Letterman case right now. He came forward with his affair before the other woman had a chance to go public because she was blackmailing him. The other woman and her partner in crime just plead guilty to extortion.

It sounds to me like DB is trying to say that this is a similar situation. And now that Gloria Allred is involved as the woman's attorney, this is not going to disappear from the headlines anytime soon. Rolling Eyes

Personally, I don't care what DB or any of these actors do in their personal lives but as a fan, I really, really hope it doesn't effect the show. I think the cast probably knew what was going on (and I think that DB's wife has probably known for a while as well) and the past couple of episodes have been fine so it doesn't seem to have effected anything yet but we will see when next season begins.
anteater
Forensic Artist
Forensic Artist

Number of posts : 225
Registration date : 2009-04-26

Back to top Go down

Post by tinkrella on Wed May 05, 2010 4:19 am

anteater wrote:
tinkrella wrote:I'm confused. Isn't what that woman did black mail? couldn't she go to jail for that? or...is it just such a common thing in hollyweird that nobody blinks an eye.

If she really is blackmailing and he has proof of that, then she can go to jail. That is what is happening in the David Letterman case right now. He came forward with his affair before the other woman had a chance to go public because she was blackmailing him. The other woman and her partner in crime just plead guilty to extortion.

It sounds to me like DB is trying to say that this is a similar situation. And now that Gloria Allred is involved as the woman's attorney, this is not going to disappear from the headlines anytime soon. Rolling Eyes

Personally, I don't care what DB or any of these actors do in their personal lives but as a fan, I really, really hope it doesn't effect the show. I think the cast probably knew what was going on (and I think that DB's wife has probably known for a while as well) and the past couple of episodes have been fine so it doesn't seem to have effected anything yet but we will see when next season begins.

True. I guess it will depend on what the real story is (he says he "felt" he was being blackmailed) and whether he wants to fight it or just let it go away.

This cast seems really close. Aside from emily and david being good friends, they all seem close. They all talk about being a family. They will probably just rally around each other (if they haven't all ready) and not let it affect their work. It just sucks because now they will all get hounded by the papps regarding him so hopefully they are all off doing whatever they do for the summer.

tinkrella
Head of Forensics
Head of Forensics

Back to top Go down

Post by gordongordonfan on Wed May 05, 2010 7:04 am

Won't change how I feel about "Bones" at all, my favorite show before... my favorite show now. Like a few people have remarked, if we boycotted all entertainment because of something like this there would be darn few movies, tv shows, sporting events or singers we would follow. Hollywood has a completely different level of what's the "norm" there (obviously cheating is everywhere but in Hollywood it's socially acceptable to many and very public...and so on)

My only concern regarding the show... (not trying to say this is the most important factor in all this by far, only saying this since we're talking about this affecting our enjoyment of the show here)... is that it doesn't impact the storylines, acting etc. DB is a really good actor, and lately the 'spark' b/n B/B has been gone. Now I know that's due to the story arc we're in... it just makes me even more anxious with this going on that it will somehow lead to a loss of the B/B tension that DB and ED bring to their CHARACTERS. They work on their chemistry, etc... but DB is going to have a lot going on and a lot on his mind... I hope it blows over quickly (obviously for him and his wife as people) but also for the show.
gordongordonfan
Agent
Agent

Number of posts : 472
Registration date : 2010-04-08

Back to top Go down

Post by jjrobinson73 on Wed May 05, 2010 11:02 am

Will it change how I feel abotu Bones? HECK NO!!! I love the show. I love DB and ED and how they PORTRAY their characters.

Some people need to get a grip. He didn't kill anyone. He didn't snort crack cocaine up in a bathroom, he didn't rape anyone. I am not his wife....(don't think I would want to be right about now! LOL) I don't know him, I never will. I think DB is probably a nice guy. I think he is a great father. I think he made some stupid decisions. And, he will have to reap the consequences of those decisions. It takes two to tango. As long as he and his wife decide to do whatever it is they are going to do, and they keep their kids fore front in their minds, it really is no one else's business. Not HH, not Fox, not ED...no one'se besides DB, JB, and their immediate family. And espicially not the presses.

End of story.

Jenn
jjrobinson73
Agent
Agent

Number of posts : 272
Registration date : 2010-02-25

Back to top Go down

Post by tinkrella on Wed May 05, 2010 11:51 am

gordongordonfan wrote:Won't change how I feel about "Bones" at all, my favorite show before... my favorite show now. Like a few people have remarked, if we boycotted all entertainment because of something like this there would be darn few movies, tv shows, sporting events or singers we would follow. Hollywood has a completely different level of what's the "norm" there (obviously cheating is everywhere but in Hollywood it's socially acceptable to many and very public...and so on)

My only concern regarding the show... (not trying to say this is the most important factor in all this by far, only saying this since we're talking about this affecting our enjoyment of the show here)... is that it doesn't impact the storylines, acting etc. DB is a really good actor, and lately the 'spark' b/n B/B has been gone. Now I know that's due to the story arc we're in... it just makes me even more anxious with this going on that it will somehow lead to a loss of the B/B tension that DB and ED bring to their CHARACTERS. They work on their chemistry, etc... but DB is going to have a lot going on and a lot on his mind... I hope it blows over quickly (obviously for him and his wife as people) but also for the show.

This has probably been going on awhile. It's not new to his family and friends only to the media and public. If things were going to get bad with bones it would have already. By the time they start shooting again this will be water under the bridge because the crazy thing about hollywood is you can always expect another scandal to come along and bump the latest one completely off the radar.

I'm not concerned about it affecting the show at all. He's professional and the cast is so tight nit that I'm sure they support him.

The only thing i could see would be the ratings sliding a little but during scandals ratings tend to go up. It's like a train wreck...everybody stops to take a look at the wreckage. Every time there was drama on grey's anatomy the ratings have gone way up not down. Bones has been mostly drama free for the past five years but I would expect the same thing to happen.

tinkrella
Head of Forensics
Head of Forensics

Back to top Go down

Post by moonlightbones on Wed May 05, 2010 12:31 pm

Nope...I still love seasons 1 thru all but one episode of 4.
moonlightbones
Agent
Agent

Number of posts : 308
Say What You Want : - 'What lies behind us and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us.' -- Ralph Waldo Emerson
Registration date : 2009-05-17

Back to top Go down

Post by redrider on Wed May 05, 2010 1:07 pm

NOPE!
redrider
Doctor
Doctor

Number of posts : 693
Registration date : 2008-06-01

http://fanstory.com/mypage.jsp

Back to top Go down

Post by redrider on Wed May 05, 2010 1:10 pm

jjrobinson73 wrote:Will it change how I feel abotu Bones? HECK NO!!! I love the show. I love DB and ED and how they PORTRAY their characters.

Some people need to get a grip. He didn't kill anyone. He didn't snort crack cocaine up in a bathroom, he didn't rape anyone. I am not his wife....(don't think I would want to be right about now! LOL) I don't know him, I never will. I think DB is probably a nice guy. I think he is a great father. I think he made some stupid decisions. And, he will have to reap the consequences of those decisions. It takes two to tango. As long as he and his wife decide to do whatever it is they are going to do, and they keep their kids fore front in their minds, it really is no one else's business. Not HH, not Fox, not ED...no one'se besides DB, JB, and their immediate family. And espicially not the presses.

End of story.

Jenn

AMEN, AMEN, AMEN
it has nothing to do with his talent or his ability to do his job.
redrider
Doctor
Doctor

Number of posts : 693
Registration date : 2008-06-01

http://fanstory.com/mypage.jsp

Back to top Go down

Post by gordongordonfan on Wed May 05, 2010 2:05 pm

tinkrella- I think you're right, I was only a little worried (tiney tiny little bit! LOL) because of the chemistry on the show being "off" right now and I wasn't sure if there was any "tie in" to back when they were filming these episodes and all this going on... but realistically I know that's a nutty worry on my part because this whole story arc is designed for their to be tension on the show after all! So thanks for the reassurance! And I think you're 100% right that another "bigger and better" (sarcastic) thing will be around the corner in Hollywood!

After all, we can always count on the media to publicize anyone's mistakes, problems or tragedies as much as possible, can't we? *sigh*
gordongordonfan
Agent
Agent

Number of posts : 472
Registration date : 2010-04-08

Back to top Go down

Post by booth fan on Wed May 05, 2010 2:08 pm

I still love Booth and because he is fiction I can pretend that Booth would never do something like that and I still love DB but I am kinda disappointed but I mean eveyone makes mistakes. I just can't believe she thinks DB would pay her just so she would not expose him.
booth fan
Forensic Artist
Forensic Artist

Number of posts : 130
Registration date : 2010-03-18

Back to top Go down

Post by bones206 on Wed May 05, 2010 2:28 pm

I guess I'm part of a minority here...

Whenever I watch shows/plays/musicals/forensic pieces I always see the character the actor is portraying and I see the actor himself/herself.

For example, I was watching my friend Taylor do her forensic piece, and her piece was about hiding her true feelings. The piece was serious, but I couldn't help but smile because I couldn't help but see my friend in the same role as her character. Her character would would get upset because she would have to hide her feelings from everyone and I imagined my friend doing that and my friend is an outspoken person, so I found it humorous.

Now when I watch Bones, whenever I see Booth, I will see Booth and I will see David Boreanaz. And while Booth is a great guy, I will always see a little bit of David Boreanaz in him. Just like I will always see a little bit of Emily in Brennan and a little bit of TJ in Hodgins. And seeing David as a person who has made a stupid decision, it will change the way I see Booth. It's just the type of person I am.

So, will it change the way I feel about Bones, yes, yes it will. Will I still be ever eternaly obsessed with the show, yes, yes I will. Will I ever feel the same about Bones, now knowing that a person, whom I highly looked up to, has made a stupid decision, no, no I won't. No
bones206
Head of Forensics
Head of Forensics

Number of posts : 2057
Say What You Want : I want to go ride my horse. I love my horse. I want to watch the new episodes of Bones. I want to talk to my friends about Bones. But, most of friends don't watch Bones. Sad
Registration date : 2008-06-21

Back to top Go down

Post by tinkrella on Thu May 06, 2010 8:19 am

I personally have always liked booth better than DB so it's okay Very Happy now if booth cheated on bones....WE'D HAVE A PROBLEM Mad but since BB would actually have to get together for that to happen....i think we're safe. Laughing

tinkrella
Head of Forensics
Head of Forensics

Back to top Go down

Post by G on Thu May 06, 2010 8:48 pm

NO WAY!
G
Deputy Director
Deputy Director

Number of posts : 8770
Say What You Want : Vizzini: I can't compete with you physically, and you're no match for my brains.
Man in Black: You're that smart?
Vizzini: Let me put it this way. Have you ever heard of Plato, Aristotle, Socrates?
Man in Black: Yes.
Vizzini: Morons.

Registration date : 2009-07-21

Back to top Go down

Post by aardvark508 on Thu May 06, 2010 9:58 pm

Last night in the US, TNT ran the Lye episode as a rerun. Given recent developments concerning DB, it was ironically hilarious. He is screwing Rebbeca at the onset when Brennan calls. Later, Brennan tells him it is OK because sex is high on the list of anthropological imperatives and he can't help himself. Booth/DB objects on the grounds that he CAN control himself. The audience smirking started here. At the end of the case, Brennan esentially offers to service his biological urges but he gets flustered when they are interrupted. He then runs off and screws Cam. Could they have picked a better episode to run post the revelation that DB is randy goat! It was either TNT being oblivious or having a great sense of humor.

aardvark508

Number of posts : 22
Say What You Want : things are never what they seem
Registration date : 2009-09-14

Back to top Go down

Post by tinkrella on Thu May 06, 2010 10:18 pm

oh man.....that's the one episode I HATE booth in too!

tinkrella
Head of Forensics
Head of Forensics

Back to top Go down

Post by Beliskner on Thu May 06, 2010 10:47 pm

Actually the first thing I had to think of when I heard the news was Booth's quote from 4x03. The man in the Outhouse

''You cheat on your spouse, you get whats comming to you'' followed by ''being faithfull is what seperates us you know, from the chimps, we're talking about the 10 commandments here Bones, Thou shalt not commit adultery.
Beliskner
Agent
Agent

Number of posts : 350
Say What You Want : The man who goes alone can start today; but he who travels with another must wait till that other is ready, and it may be a long time before they get off
Registration date : 2010-04-15

Back to top Go down

Post by SnoopGirl on Thu May 06, 2010 11:26 pm

Some people need to get a grip. He didn't kill anyone. He didn't snort crack cocaine up in a bathroom, he didn't rape anyone.
I agree. I feel sorry for Jaime that she has two children to care for and try and shield from her husbands infidelities and the media attention surrounding it.

SnoopGirl
Deputy Director
Deputy Director

Number of posts : 9669
Say What You Want : Snoop I love you DB's Smile Smile

Registration date : 2008-06-03

Back to top Go down

Post by Murphs93 on Fri May 07, 2010 5:03 am

Just watched the latest ep. Made it clear in my mind that Booth will always be Booth no matter what BD gets up to. Feel the same way I've always felt about Bones...LOVE IT!

Murphs93
Forensic Artist
Forensic Artist

Number of posts : 133
Say What You Want : Me: It's the 100th episode tomorrow.
Mum: What is it a special murder or something?
Me: I don't watch it for the cases mother!

I am secretly Naomi from paleontology.
Registration date : 2010-03-21

Back to top Go down

Post by Humi on Fri May 07, 2010 6:03 am

Booth will always b Booth nothings gna change...

Humi

Number of posts : 13
Registration date : 2010-05-06

Back to top Go down

Post by sammi31 on Fri May 07, 2010 9:34 am

Unless he starts changing things about his character on the show then I will still continue to watch.

sammi31
Forensic Artist
Forensic Artist

Number of posts : 171
Say What You Want : BONES RULES
Registration date : 2008-06-17

Back to top Go down

Post by bugaboo628 on Fri May 07, 2010 12:17 pm

Does anyone think the ratings for tonight's episode will be down?
bugaboo628
Administrator/Head Moderator

Number of posts : 1586
Registration date : 2008-12-14

Back to top Go down

Post by IheartB&B on Fri May 07, 2010 12:33 pm

bug it could go either way...I mean people might tune out or people might tune in.

IheartB&B
Squint
Squint

Number of posts : 73
Registration date : 2010-04-01

Back to top Go down

Post by bugaboo628 on Fri May 07, 2010 1:03 pm

IheartB&B wrote:bug it could go either way...I mean people might tune out or people might tune in.

Exactly. If they do go down it is only speculation as to why. Although I have been reading alot of "I am not watching the show anymore". We'll find out tomorrow.
bugaboo628
Administrator/Head Moderator

Number of posts : 1586
Registration date : 2008-12-14

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top