THIS IS A ANALOGY FROM SOMEONE ON ANOTHER FORUM ON WHAT MIGHT HAPPEN IN SEASON 6

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

THIS IS A ANALOGY FROM SOMEONE ON ANOTHER FORUM ON WHAT MIGHT HAPPEN IN SEASON 6

Post by thatgirl61 on Sat Aug 14, 2010 9:32 am

Holy ****. I was rewatching season 1, and all of a sudden I had to watch 100 -that's why I know the first couple of episodes of S6 will be an ordeal. Anyway, I did that to review the parallels between the pilot and 100 situation, and what could happen in the whole tBitE and 6x01. The Benjamin Franklin quotation that was such a big deal, "The definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over again and expecting a different outcome", that was obviously not something random, as we saw the disseminated hints to it throughout the season. But it can also mean that the mirrors between what happened to them during their first collaboration and separation will work the same way. Let me explain.

In the first case, she assaulted a federal judge and got herself fired. In the pilot she threatened a US Senator but this time, Booth stood up for her. In the first case, she ran away from him and he let her go. In the pilot, she ran away from him but he chased her. In the first case, their differences, her working with her brain and he with his guts led them to alienate the other. In the pilot, they went for a compromise. SOMEHOW, they did the same thing over and over again, but another outcome was born from it.

The same thing goes for their being together again. A case brings them together again, just like season 1. Bones comes back from a dig, just like the pilot and is forcefully dragged into murder solving, but apparently she is the one to get Booth wherever it is that he comes from (the Airport would be a great parallel) and not the contrary. Booth has someone in his life -a blonde doing a bitchy job- and Bones does not and feels very insecure and jealous about it (she was clearly shocked and jealous in 1x02). They are doing the same thing, over and over again. And obviously the outcome will be different.


Okay, I love HH again.


Re-edit: So does it mean, if the outcome is different, that this time:

- Bones gets Booth, as she is the one waiting for him while in the pilot he was the one "waiting" for her at the airport. Meaning she is the one showing him that she wants to be reunited with him again.
- Booth is the one to break up with HP, because in season 1 it was Tessa who broke up with him. Meaning this time he will break up because he has REASONS to hope for something with Bones, which he had not in season 1, she made it clear in 1x02 when he probed to see if there was an opening with her.

I missed over-analyzing. I feel brand newish.

Re-re-edit, because I had to add: At large what does it mean? Their same things/different outcomes last time created their strong relationship, surrogate relationship. So obviously the mirror this time is that the same things/different outcomes will create the next level relationship. THE RELATIONSHIP that will make us die from a blissful overdose of fluff.


LAST edit tonight I think: The first time, it was Booth who did most of the work because he had done most of the wrong in their first case by using her and lying to her and somehow not considering her how he should have. This time, it is Bones who is gonna have to do the work because she is the one who did Booth wrong. Just a matter of symmetrical balance in the development of their relationship. She is slower than him for that and it's logical that they would have them work at a difference pace. I love this show again.
_____

thatgirl61
Forensic Artist
Forensic Artist

Number of posts : 247
Registration date : 2010-04-22

Back to top Go down

Re: THIS IS A ANALOGY FROM SOMEONE ON ANOTHER FORUM ON WHAT MIGHT HAPPEN IN SEASON 6

Post by katharine on Sat Aug 14, 2010 9:51 am

thatgirl61 wrote: Holy ****. I was rewatching season 1, and all of a sudden I had to watch 100 -that's why I know the first couple of episodes of S6 will be an ordeal. Anyway, I did that to review the parallels between the pilot and 100 situation, and what could happen in the whole tBitE and 6x01. The Benjamin Franklin quotation that was such a big deal, "The definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over again and expecting a different outcome", that was obviously not something random, as we saw the disseminated hints to it throughout the season. But it can also mean that the mirrors between what happened to them during their first collaboration and separation will work the same way. Let me explain.

In the first case, she assaulted a federal judge and got herself fired. In the pilot she threatened a US Senator but this time, Booth stood up for her. In the first case, she ran away from him and he let her go. In the pilot, she ran away from him but he chased her. In the first case, their differences, her working with her brain and he with his guts led them to alienate the other. In the pilot, they went for a compromise. SOMEHOW, they did the same thing over and over again, but another outcome was born from it.

The same thing goes for their being together again. A case brings them together again, just like season 1. Bones comes back from a dig, just like the pilot and is forcefully dragged into murder solving, but apparently she is the one to get Booth wherever it is that he comes from (the Airport would be a great parallel) and not the contrary. Booth has someone in his life -a blonde doing a bitchy job- and Bones does not and feels very insecure and jealous about it (she was clearly shocked and jealous in 1x02). They are doing the same thing, over and over again. And obviously the outcome will be different.


Okay, I love HH again.


Re-edit: So does it mean, if the outcome is different, that this time:

- Bones gets Booth, as she is the one waiting for him while in the pilot he was the one "waiting" for her at the airport. Meaning she is the one showing him that she wants to be reunited with him again.
- Booth is the one to break up with HP, because in season 1 it was Tessa who broke up with him. Meaning this time he will break up because he has REASONS to hope for something with Bones, which he had not in season 1, she made it clear in 1x02 when he probed to see if there was an opening with her.

I missed over-analyzing. I feel brand newish.

Re-re-edit, because I had to add: At large what does it mean? Their same things/different outcomes last time created their strong relationship, surrogate relationship. So obviously the mirror this time is that the same things/different outcomes will create the next level relationship. THE RELATIONSHIP that will make us die from a blissful overdose of fluff.


LAST edit tonight I think: The first time, it was Booth who did most of the work because he had done most of the wrong in their first case by using her and lying to her and somehow not considering her how he should have. This time, it is Bones who is gonna have to do the work because she is the one who did Booth wrong. Just a matter of symmetrical balance in the development of their relationship. She is slower than him for that and it's logical that they would have them work at a difference pace. I love this show again.
_____


Wow. Now that's a lot of thought...Do we think HH is as smart as this person gives him credit for? Planning and plotting that way.

katharine
Agent
Agent

Number of posts : 423
Location : I live in the South, but my heart is up North
Registration date : 2010-04-09

Back to top Go down

Re: THIS IS A ANALOGY FROM SOMEONE ON ANOTHER FORUM ON WHAT MIGHT HAPPEN IN SEASON 6

Post by 192630 on Sat Aug 14, 2010 10:34 am

thatgirl61 wrote: Holy ****. I was rewatching season 1, and all of a sudden I had to watch 100 -that's why I know the first couple of episodes of S6 will be an ordeal. Anyway, I did that to review the parallels between the pilot and 100 situation, and what could happen in the whole tBitE and 6x01. The Benjamin Franklin quotation that was such a big deal, "The definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over again and expecting a different outcome", that was obviously not something random, as we saw the disseminated hints to it throughout the season. But it can also mean that the mirrors between what happened to them during their first collaboration and separation will work the same way. Let me explain.

In the first case, she assaulted a federal judge and got herself fired. In the pilot she threatened a US Senator but this time, Booth stood up for her. In the first case, she ran away from him and he let her go. In the pilot, she ran away from him but he chased her. In the first case, their differences, her working with her brain and he with his guts led them to alienate the other. In the pilot, they went for a compromise. SOMEHOW, they did the same thing over and over again, but another outcome was born from it.

The same thing goes for their being together again. A case brings them together again, just like season 1. Bones comes back from a dig, just like the pilot and is forcefully dragged into murder solving, but apparently she is the one to get Booth wherever it is that he comes from (the Airport would be a great parallel) and not the contrary. Booth has someone in his life -a blonde doing a bitchy job- and Bones does not and feels very insecure and jealous about it (she was clearly shocked and jealous in 1x02). They are doing the same thing, over and over again. And obviously the outcome will be different.


Okay, I love HH again.


Re-edit: So does it mean, if the outcome is different, that this time:

- Bones gets Booth, as she is the one waiting for him while in the pilot he was the one "waiting" for her at the airport. Meaning she is the one showing him that she wants to be reunited with him again.
- Booth is the one to break up with HP, because in season 1 it was Tessa who broke up with him. Meaning this time he will break up because he has REASONS to hope for something with Bones, which he had not in season 1, she made it clear in 1x02 when he probed to see if there was an opening with her.

I missed over-analyzing. I feel brand newish.

Re-re-edit, because I had to add: At large what does it mean? Their same things/different outcomes last time created their strong relationship, surrogate relationship. So obviously the mirror this time is that the same things/different outcomes will create the next level relationship. THE RELATIONSHIP that will make us die from a blissful overdose of fluff.


LAST edit tonight I think: The first time, it was Booth who did most of the work because he had done most of the wrong in their first case by using her and lying to her and somehow not considering her how he should have. This time, it is Bones who is gonna have to do the work because she is the one who did Booth wrong. Just a matter of symmetrical balance in the development of their relationship. She is slower than him for that and it's logical that they would have them work at a difference pace. I love this show again.
_____

I like your thought process. It just gives us shippers a little hope.

192630
Forensic Artist
Forensic Artist

Number of posts : 165
Age : 116
Location : California
Registration date : 2008-06-23

Back to top Go down

Re: THIS IS A ANALOGY FROM SOMEONE ON ANOTHER FORUM ON WHAT MIGHT HAPPEN IN SEASON 6

Post by jro54 on Sat Aug 14, 2010 1:38 pm

@Thatgirl61 I like the way you think Wink...I just wonder if Hart is realy that clever? Suspect
avatar
jro54
Head of Forensics
Head of Forensics

Number of posts : 1740
Age : 27
Location : Flagstaff, Arizona
Say What You Want : No matter what happens and the twists and turns that this show takes, I will always be a Bones fan!!!! Bring it on Hart!!!!boxing
Registration date : 2010-03-25

Back to top Go down

Re: THIS IS A ANALOGY FROM SOMEONE ON ANOTHER FORUM ON WHAT MIGHT HAPPEN IN SEASON 6

Post by thatgirl61 on Sat Aug 14, 2010 2:12 pm

IDK They say he's a genius

thatgirl61
Forensic Artist
Forensic Artist

Number of posts : 247
Registration date : 2010-04-22

Back to top Go down

Re: THIS IS A ANALOGY FROM SOMEONE ON ANOTHER FORUM ON WHAT MIGHT HAPPEN IN SEASON 6

Post by kat0505 on Sat Aug 14, 2010 6:16 pm

So, in season 5, Booth wants Brennan but Brennan doesn't want Booth and she runs off.

In season 6, Brennan decides that she does want Booth.

Can you tell me what will be the outcome here? Maybe Booth runs off this time?

avatar
kat0505
Forensic Artist
Forensic Artist

Number of posts : 164
Age : 46
Location : Belgium
Registration date : 2010-05-21

Back to top Go down

Re: THIS IS A ANALOGY FROM SOMEONE ON ANOTHER FORUM ON WHAT MIGHT HAPPEN IN SEASON 6

Post by thatgirl61 on Sat Aug 14, 2010 6:58 pm

I really don't know I found this analogy and found it interesting, so I posted it here to see what everybody thought about it.

thatgirl61
Forensic Artist
Forensic Artist

Number of posts : 247
Registration date : 2010-04-22

Back to top Go down

Re: THIS IS A ANALOGY FROM SOMEONE ON ANOTHER FORUM ON WHAT MIGHT HAPPEN IN SEASON 6

Post by kat0505 on Sat Aug 14, 2010 7:02 pm

Well yeah, let's hope there will be a different outcome this time instead of running away from each other. Maybe they will RUN TO each other this time.
avatar
kat0505
Forensic Artist
Forensic Artist

Number of posts : 164
Age : 46
Location : Belgium
Registration date : 2010-05-21

Back to top Go down

Re: THIS IS A ANALOGY FROM SOMEONE ON ANOTHER FORUM ON WHAT MIGHT HAPPEN IN SEASON 6

Post by thatgirl61 on Sat Aug 14, 2010 7:09 pm

Like the speed of light!

thatgirl61
Forensic Artist
Forensic Artist

Number of posts : 247
Registration date : 2010-04-22

Back to top Go down

Re: THIS IS A ANALOGY FROM SOMEONE ON ANOTHER FORUM ON WHAT MIGHT HAPPEN IN SEASON 6

Post by tinge1990 on Sat Aug 14, 2010 9:19 pm

YES. RUN TO EACH OTHER!!

Haha that said, that's a very interesting analogy. But I think we are giving Hart more credit that is due. I do not think that the writers and Hart overanalyse each episode like this. They really have no time.

IMO, this happens because people's ideas and thoughts don't change over time. Like, I often repeat plots for short stories without knowing it because the idea has been planted in my head already. That explains the repeats even when people think their ideas are original.

tinge1990
Squint
Squint

Number of posts : 92
Registration date : 2010-07-17

Back to top Go down

Re: THIS IS A ANALOGY FROM SOMEONE ON ANOTHER FORUM ON WHAT MIGHT HAPPEN IN SEASON 6

Post by MI_Bonesgirl on Sun Aug 15, 2010 12:44 am

I'm not sure if I give Hart and Co that much credit. I have also thought of some of those parallels, but chalked it up to overanalyzing the show. IDK, I just have trouble speculating anything at this point regarding a potential B&B relationship because this plot line is so effed up. There are so many factors to put into it-I need a better grip on how long journo Barbie will be around, how the breakup goes down, How Brennan deals with it and IF she realizes and admits that yes, she does love Booth...And lastly, if Brennan attempts to date anyone else.
I'm torn-part of me really believes that ship has sailed, that B&B have missed their moment, but the optimist in me- who doesn't come out to play very often with this show anymore-still thinks there is hope for them to be together by the end of the year. Hopefully by mid-season we have a good idea how the end of the season will go down....
avatar
MI_Bonesgirl
Head of Forensics
Head of Forensics

Number of posts : 1147
Age : 39
Location : Michigan
Say What You Want : Onward and Upward, Season 6!!!
Registration date : 2010-03-23

Back to top Go down

Re: THIS IS A ANALOGY FROM SOMEONE ON ANOTHER FORUM ON WHAT MIGHT HAPPEN IN SEASON 6

Post by joybrennan on Sun Aug 15, 2010 6:53 am

I started answering this, but realized don't have time right now. Suffice it to say, IMO, the author is on to something, but the application is off, almost flip-flopped. It does offer hope though. Smile
avatar
joybrennan
Head of Forensics
Head of Forensics

Number of posts : 1532
Age : 42
Location : NYC
Say What You Want : I like to see the roller-coaster before I get on it. I mean, how many loops are we talking here?
Registration date : 2010-03-07

Back to top Go down

Re: THIS IS A ANALOGY FROM SOMEONE ON ANOTHER FORUM ON WHAT MIGHT HAPPEN IN SEASON 6

Post by jro54 on Sun Aug 15, 2010 8:21 am

I'm really worried to see how season 6 play out...like losing sleep over it. I'm not as adamant about B&B getting together right now simply because I don't think they were ready to get together in the 100th. Booth could have tried harder to get Brennan to admit her feelings for him, but that wouldn't have made a difference because Brennan would rather have him as a friend and partner than risk their relationship and possibly lose him...and Booth needs to make sure that Brennan is the ONE he really wants...I just hope it's realistic and they don't just go back to everything be okay. I can see some positive scenarios coming out of this SO storyline-But it all depends on how long the SO lasts, how does Booth/Hannah brake up, is Brennan aware of her feelings and how does she feel once the SO leaves.
avatar
jro54
Head of Forensics
Head of Forensics

Number of posts : 1740
Age : 27
Location : Flagstaff, Arizona
Say What You Want : No matter what happens and the twists and turns that this show takes, I will always be a Bones fan!!!! Bring it on Hart!!!!boxing
Registration date : 2010-03-25

Back to top Go down

Re: THIS IS A ANALOGY FROM SOMEONE ON ANOTHER FORUM ON WHAT MIGHT HAPPEN IN SEASON 6

Post by HermioneGirl101 on Mon Aug 16, 2010 11:24 am

jro54 wrote:I'm really worried to see how season 6 play out...like losing sleep over it. I'm not as adamant about B&B getting together right now simply because I don't think they were ready to get together in the 100th. Booth could have tried harder to get Brennan to admit her feelings for him, but that wouldn't have made a difference because Brennan would rather have him as a friend and partner than risk their relationship and possibly lose him...and Booth needs to make sure that Brennan is the ONE he really wants...I just hope it's realistic and they don't just go back to everything be okay. I can see some positive scenarios coming out of this SO storyline-But it all depends on how long the SO lasts, how does Booth/Hannah brake up, is Brennan aware of her feelings and how does she feel once the SO leaves.

Personally, I'm not worried. I've done my fair share of panicking over the summer, especially when the news of the Hanninator first came out. But I recently discovered something I wrote after the finale aired (ahem... maybe because I was organizing my notes and I ended up drawing BB fanart instead of studying for finals...). It said something like "in the end, all of the heartache and the waiting and the missed opportunities didn't matter. they were together now. each of those experiences had been one stone in the path across the mighty river from partners to friends to lovers. they wouldn't have made it across without each of those steps, and now it was all worth it." We all know they're going to get together in the end. Let's enjoy the ride.
avatar
HermioneGirl101
Agent
Agent

Number of posts : 444
Age : 21
Say What You Want : I'll watch Bones through thick and thin. No storyline will change that!
Registration date : 2010-04-22

Back to top Go down

Re: THIS IS A ANALOGY FROM SOMEONE ON ANOTHER FORUM ON WHAT MIGHT HAPPEN IN SEASON 6

Post by crzy4bones on Mon Aug 16, 2010 12:11 pm

Very well put Hermione Girl...makes me want to hum "Bless the Broken Road" by Rascal Flatts...

crzy4bones
Doctor
Doctor

Number of posts : 586
Age : 49
Location : Virginia Beach, VA
Registration date : 2010-04-23

Back to top Go down

Re: THIS IS A ANALOGY FROM SOMEONE ON ANOTHER FORUM ON WHAT MIGHT HAPPEN IN SEASON 6

Post by joybrennan on Mon Aug 16, 2010 2:17 pm

Very interesting ideas...and a good place to start looking for some hope. So in the interest of over-analyzing… [Only admins are allowed to see this link](don’t worry, I’m not destroying hope here – just adding some clarity to it. Oh, and just so I don't have to keep saying it throughout - all my thoughts on this stuff are just my opinion. Very Happy
thatgirl61 wrote: Holy ****. I was rewatching season 1, and all of a sudden I had to watch 100 -that's why I know the first couple of episodes of S6 will be an ordeal. Anyway, I did that to review the parallels between the pilot and 100 situation, and what could happen in the whole tBitE and 6x01.

The author’s comparison of the two parallels combines events together. It is more accurate to say that there are FOUR different events involved in those two episodes and that those events create TWO sets of parallels: The working relationship and the romantic one. Separating these two issues, IMO is a big cause of the problems within the B&B relationship

The Benjamin Franklin quotation that was such a big deal, [b]"The definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over again and expecting a different outcome", that was obviously not something random,[b] as we saw the disseminated hints to it throughout the season. But it can also mean that the mirrors between what happened to them during their first collaboration and separation will work the same way. Let me explain.
The Benjamin Franklin quote is, I believe, referring to tEitB, where B&B are both work and romantic partners – that is the dream. The definition of insanity quote is pointing out that there IS something that both have done over and over again in this relationship. I do think the author is on to something here about the mirroring. If the definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over again, but expecting different results – the question becomes “Where is the insanity” – what have they been doing that’s the same? Equally important though, is what they’ve done differently

In the first case, she assaulted a federal judge and got herself fired. In the pilot she threatened a US Senator but this time, Booth stood up for her.
Actually, in both cases, Booth makes the attempt to stand up for her. Only, in the first case, he immediately backs down from Caroline. He appreciates her, but not enough to really make the argument. Instead, he sadly lets her go. The second time is DIFFERENT. Booth is clear that he needs and wants to work with Brennan, so he puts himself on the line. The willingness to do this shows a big difference in Booth’s approach to working with Brennan – and it helps cement their work partnership.

In the first case, she ran away from him and he let her go. In the pilot, she ran away from him but he chased her
Now, this is interesting. In the first case, she ran away from him TWICE. The first time is after they kiss. She appears to have a perfectly valid reason in the fact that Booth has been drinking A LOT of Tequila and she’d certainly had some too. She runs because she wants them both to be clear-headed. Only, the next day, Booth come in announcing she’s been rehired and as if nothing had happened between them the night before. She’s disappointed, but doesn’t say anything. The second time is at work, after she slaps him and says she never wants to work with him again. Again, Booth lets her go. His chasing after Brennan in the pilot is about their WORKING relationship. Again, he’s doing things differently, and the result was different.

In the first case, their differences, her working with her brain and he with his guts led them to alienate the other.
In the first case they were working VERY well together – until the night they kissed. Once Brennan is rehired so they CAN’T get physical anymore, and Booth walks in like that kiss was no big deal, Brennan’s anger and disappointment comes out in their working together. It’s the unspoken feelings in their personal relationship that breaks up the working one.

In the pilot, they went for a compromise. SOMEHOW, they did the same thing over and over again, but another outcome was born from it.

This is where things get interesting. The compromise made is splitting the professional relationship from the personal. They DON’T repeat the same mistakes in regards to work, and their work life blossoms. Booth had created the professional/personal split on their first case by saying he’s not allowed to get romantically involved with people he’s working with. They were able to work well together, yet the sexual tension and energy is present. As soon as that work barrier is unblocked, Brennan goes for fulfilling their sexual attraction. She’s completely unconscious of anything more than that (although there’s more than that going on.)Yet, she’s the one who wants the connection to be clear – she wants them to be sure. Once that night is past, the man who said, with all sincerity, “I think this may be going somewhere” has moved on as if the night before had never happened. This is where the insanity lies – in their romantic/sexual attraction.

The author’s idea of mirroring comes into play here, but not by simply comparing actions taken in the timeline, ie, first case vs pilot, vs 100th. The mirroring applies to the functionality in their professional life. Can they mirror what they’ve managed in their work partnership to create a romantic one as well?

The same thing goes for their being together again. A case brings them together again, just like season 1. Bones comes back from a dig, just like the pilot -


From what we know about the first episode of season six, these are the only things that are the same.


- and is forcefully dragged into murder solving,
Umm, no. Brennan comes back to help Cam. It actually is the first time where she makes a major change in plans for someone other than Booth. This is a major DIFFERECE

but apparently she is the one to get Booth wherever it is that he comes from (the Airport would be a great parallel) and not the contrary.
Again, a DIFFERENCE.
Booth has someone in his life -a blonde doing a bitchy job- and Bones does not and feels very insecure and jealous about it (she was clearly shocked and jealous in 1x02).
Clearly shocked and jealous in 1x02? Not really. Surprised and curious, yeah. We also don’t know if Booth’s new blonde in season six is bitchy or not. As fans, it seems many of us have given her that characteristic – because we hate her very exsistence – but I digress.


They are doing the same thing, over and over again. And obviously the outcome will be different.
Luckily, the author is incorrect here. They ARE NOT doing the same thing over and over again. At least one of them isn’t. Brennan is doing things differently. It wouldn’t surprise me if we see more shock and envy from her in season six – which would be different. Booth, however, has reverted to type: blond, smart, take-charge kind of women. Based on that alone, we could assume the relationship will fail, because every OTHER relationship with this kind of woman has also failed.

Okay, I love HH again.
I’m not there. This is still all theory. Twisted Evil


Re-edit: So does it mean, if the outcome is different, that this time:

- Bones gets Booth, as she is the one waiting for him while in the pilot he was the one "waiting" for her at the airport. Meaning she is the one showing him that she wants to be reunited with him again.
- Booth is the one to break up with HP, because in season 1 it was Tessa who broke up with him. Meaning this time he will break up because he has REASONS to hope for something with Bones, which he had not in season 1, she made it clear in 1x02 when he probed to see if there was an opening with her.

IMO, Booth doing the break-up shouldn’t be because has reasons to hope for something with Bones. Booth has been very passive in his relationships. Women tend to ASK HIM, OR APPROACH HIM first (see Catfish.) In terms of his romantic relationship with Brennan, he has quickly dropped the ball when it was inconvenient or difficult. He DID NOT do this with their work relationship. He PURSUED her as a work partner, even though she SWORE she never wanted anything to do with him again. In terms of mirroring, Booth needs to mirror the behavior that got their work partnership together. He needs to decide that Brennan is what he wants and go after that – with some careful planning in mind. I mean, he got customs to hold Brennan at the airport in order to talk to her. This was NOT a whim.


I missed over-analyzing. I feel brand newish.
Yeah, it’s my favorite pastime Razz


Re-re-edit, because I had to add: At large what does it mean? Their same things/different outcomes last time created their strong relationship, surrogate relationship. So obviously the mirror this time is that the same things/different outcomes will create the next level relationship. THE RELATIONSHIP that will make us die from a blissful overdose of fluff.
This is same error as before. They did DIFFERENT things in order to create that work relationship – the saying holds true. They now both need to do things differently in their romantic relationship, which will also result in a working compromise. Booth needs to decide Brennan is the ONLY one, he wants and can actually create that life-time love with, and set out to get her, no matter what. BRENNAN, needs to take the risk and go with her heart, not her head. Not going home with Booth that night was about not risking herself, of trying to make sure it wasn’t the tequila – even though she really wanted to go. She played it safe. She did the same thing in the 100th – she wasn’t sure, this time about herself being able to handle a full-blown forever love affair with Booth, and fear that she’d lose what she had. She played safe. This time, she can’t play it safe. When that brass ring comes around again, she needs to just GO FOR IT and not be afraid of falling off the horse.



LAST edit tonight I think: The first time, it was Booth who did most of the work because he had done most of the wrong in their first case by using her and lying to her and somehow not considering her how he should have.
I disagree with the author’s reasoning here. Booth did most of the work in pursuing Brennan workwise because he decided that he needed and wanted HER. No one else could do what she did for him in terms of work. He didn’t use her or lie to her so much as not considering her value, professionally and personally. He valued her work over her personally. By going after her, and giving in to her demands about being made a full partner, he shows that he does value her work and her feelings. Once Booth approaches her with the full-court press, Brennan takes the risk by ASKING FOR WHAT SHE WANTS AND NEEDS in order to work with him again.
This time it’s Bones who is gonna have to do the work because she is the one who did Booth wrong.
They are both responsible for the mess of the 100th - they both had the same reactions as in the first case. Booth puts out that “he thinks this is going somewhere – out of nowhere, really. (It’s from his heart, but that level of intimacy hadn’t been a part of their relationship at that point) Brennan reacts by deciding to play it safe, and make sure this is real. Booth gives up the romantic pursuit

Just a matter of symmetrical balance in the development of their relationship. She is slower than him for that and it's logical that they would have them work at a difference pace. I love this show again.
_____
I think that the balance comes from them both having to do things differently.
Now, is HH really thinking like this, or are we all trying to make order out of the chaotic world Bones seems to have become. Rolling Eyes Only time will tell.[Only admins are allowed to see this link]
avatar
joybrennan
Head of Forensics
Head of Forensics

Number of posts : 1532
Age : 42
Location : NYC
Say What You Want : I like to see the roller-coaster before I get on it. I mean, how many loops are we talking here?
Registration date : 2010-03-07

Back to top Go down

Re: THIS IS A ANALOGY FROM SOMEONE ON ANOTHER FORUM ON WHAT MIGHT HAPPEN IN SEASON 6

Post by HermioneGirl101 on Mon Aug 16, 2010 3:08 pm

It's way to late for me to be up Sleep but i have to say, I agree with mostly everything in your incredibly long post. I say mostly because I'm so tired that I skimmed large portions.
avatar
HermioneGirl101
Agent
Agent

Number of posts : 444
Age : 21
Say What You Want : I'll watch Bones through thick and thin. No storyline will change that!
Registration date : 2010-04-22

Back to top Go down

Re: THIS IS A ANALOGY FROM SOMEONE ON ANOTHER FORUM ON WHAT MIGHT HAPPEN IN SEASON 6

Post by joybrennan on Tue Aug 17, 2010 2:44 am

HermioneGirl101 wrote:It's way to late for me to be up Sleep but i have to say, I agree with mostly everything in your incredibly long post. I say mostly because I'm so tired that I skimmed large portions.
Yeah...I couldn't figure out how to reply with referring to the original. Laughing
avatar
joybrennan
Head of Forensics
Head of Forensics

Number of posts : 1532
Age : 42
Location : NYC
Say What You Want : I like to see the roller-coaster before I get on it. I mean, how many loops are we talking here?
Registration date : 2010-03-07

Back to top Go down

Re: THIS IS A ANALOGY FROM SOMEONE ON ANOTHER FORUM ON WHAT MIGHT HAPPEN IN SEASON 6

Post by RubyRuby on Tue Aug 17, 2010 9:35 am

Oh joybrennan, you are just wonderful thumbsup cheers toast hug
avatar
RubyRuby
Agent
Agent

Number of posts : 451
Age : 32
Location : Sydney
Say What You Want : Credit goes to bones/tumblr for the beautiful banner. I do NOT support the SO storyline. Its an insult to wonderful characters and the talented actors who portray them.
Registration date : 2010-07-29

Back to top Go down

Re: THIS IS A ANALOGY FROM SOMEONE ON ANOTHER FORUM ON WHAT MIGHT HAPPEN IN SEASON 6

Post by joybrennan on Tue Aug 17, 2010 2:25 pm

RubyRuby wrote:Oh joybrennan, you are just wonderful thumbsup cheers toast hug

@ RubyRuby - thanks - it's a welcome break from practicing logic games for the LSAT (the American test to get into law school.)
avatar
joybrennan
Head of Forensics
Head of Forensics

Number of posts : 1532
Age : 42
Location : NYC
Say What You Want : I like to see the roller-coaster before I get on it. I mean, how many loops are we talking here?
Registration date : 2010-03-07

Back to top Go down

Re: THIS IS A ANALOGY FROM SOMEONE ON ANOTHER FORUM ON WHAT MIGHT HAPPEN IN SEASON 6

Post by joybrennan on Wed Aug 18, 2010 4:25 pm

Gosh, I sound so hopeful in this analysis. Shocked I must have been loco
avatar
joybrennan
Head of Forensics
Head of Forensics

Number of posts : 1532
Age : 42
Location : NYC
Say What You Want : I like to see the roller-coaster before I get on it. I mean, how many loops are we talking here?
Registration date : 2010-03-07

Back to top Go down

Re: THIS IS A ANALOGY FROM SOMEONE ON ANOTHER FORUM ON WHAT MIGHT HAPPEN IN SEASON 6

Post by joybrennan on Wed Sep 15, 2010 12:08 am

I'm bumping this because apparently whatever the hell I wrote was hopeful. Alittle hope would be good right now... pale
avatar
joybrennan
Head of Forensics
Head of Forensics

Number of posts : 1532
Age : 42
Location : NYC
Say What You Want : I like to see the roller-coaster before I get on it. I mean, how many loops are we talking here?
Registration date : 2010-03-07

Back to top Go down

Re: THIS IS A ANALOGY FROM SOMEONE ON ANOTHER FORUM ON WHAT MIGHT HAPPEN IN SEASON 6

Post by 192630 on Wed Sep 15, 2010 2:03 am

joybrennan, I loved your analysis and it gives us hope for season 6.
Do you think Hannah will be around most of the season. I don't think we'll see her in every episode, but she will be there. Do you think Brennan will start to go after Booth after the episode where Brennan is solving her own muder and keeps this from Booth.
David is directing episode 16 again this year. Is this where the personal relationship will change.

192630
Forensic Artist
Forensic Artist

Number of posts : 165
Age : 116
Location : California
Registration date : 2008-06-23

Back to top Go down

Re: THIS IS A ANALOGY FROM SOMEONE ON ANOTHER FORUM ON WHAT MIGHT HAPPEN IN SEASON 6

Post by joybrennan on Wed Sep 15, 2010 3:16 am

192630 wrote:joybrennan, I loved your analysis and it gives us hope for season 6.
Do you think Hannah will be ar
ound most of the season. I don't think we'll see her in every episode, but she will be there. Do you think Brennan will start to go after Booth after the episode where Brennan is solving her own muder and keeps this from Booth.
David is directing episode 16 again this year. Is this where the personal relationship will change.
LOL! I reposted it because I saw my last comment said what I wrote was hopeful - I'll have to read it again myself because a) I don't remember what I wrote, something about a pattern of change is all I recall. b) your response makes me think I SHOULD read it again myself, because apparently it is quite hopeful. Razz

As to how long Raghag will be around - depends on a number of things. If her prescene or even talk of her as Booth's girlfriend seems to be effecting ratings negatively, HH or Fox will pull the plug on it - short-circuiting the story. Another factor could be in what capacity she's around. Ifshe's actually a villian in disguise she could be around all season, a short part of which she's Booth's girlfriend.

Brennan going after Booth...I doubt it. If Booth is still with Hannah and he is still saying he's happy, Brennan's not going to try and mess that up. I personally think she comes back knowing her feelings, but then tries to pretend her feelings don't matter. Solving her own death may cause her to have to acknowledge her feelings - and that Booth with Raghag HURTS. She will try to distance from Booth so that he doesn't see the feelings and hurt she can't hide anymore. She However, Booth will notice the distancing, and he's going to want to know why...don't know when he'll find out, but it will be a major moment. If it takes awhile, Brennan may also try to move on...

I better go read what I thought was so hopeful. Razz

@ bugaboo628 - I don't know who work the piece I analyzed - it was posted without the credit. I do make sure to credit the "author" in my comments on it. Smile
avatar
joybrennan
Head of Forensics
Head of Forensics

Number of posts : 1532
Age : 42
Location : NYC
Say What You Want : I like to see the roller-coaster before I get on it. I mean, how many loops are we talking here?
Registration date : 2010-03-07

Back to top Go down

Re: THIS IS A ANALOGY FROM SOMEONE ON ANOTHER FORUM ON WHAT MIGHT HAPPEN IN SEASON 6

Post by mommahurley on Wed Sep 15, 2010 5:01 am

Ok ... not to burst eveyrone's bubble here...but I think the basic premise of what this post assumes the quote refers to is off target.

I think that when Brennan says" the definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over and expecting a different result" She is referring to her history with trying to make connections and find love.

Her parents left her, her brother left her, her forster parents abused her, kids at school abused her and made fun of her, her professor competed with her, and undermined her success, her other boyfriends were failed in some way, but when she found love with Sully, he left her, or she couldn't commit so she sent him away without her...She has kept doing the same thing over and over...She conculedes it's insanity to try again, because she can't make it work..she doesn't have an open heart...she can't be loved...she can't make it work.

Now before you all fall apart;;; Here's the good news...

Brennan is a scientist...and by concluding with Booth that because she has tried over and over and had the same results...it would be insanity to try again....she has missed one of the most fundimental rules of scientific method.... Change one variable...and your results can and will almost always be vastly different! That one variable? She hasn't tried to make it work with Booth!

And that may just be what she has to come to realize this season. And that I believe is the reason for that quote.

[Only admins are allowed to see this image]

mommahurley
Agent
Agent

Number of posts : 311
Registration date : 2009-12-03

Back to top Go down

Re: THIS IS A ANALOGY FROM SOMEONE ON ANOTHER FORUM ON WHAT MIGHT HAPPEN IN SEASON 6

Post by Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top


 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum