S6E06 "The Shallow in the Deep"

Page 6 of 9 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: S6E06 "The Shallow in the Deep"

Post by mommahurley on Sun Sep 12, 2010 5:04 am

I also think that Hannah is too young for Booth. It makes him look silly. Yes the actress that plays her is only a couple years younger than ED, but that's beside the point. Brennan is closer to Booth's age, in looks, demeanor, maturity..intelligence...all the things that make a person compatible with another person. Hannah, looks and acts from the little bit that we have seen, like a silly teenager...and she in comparison with Booth...Makes him appear to be much older than he appears when he's with Brennan.

It's not about cronological age...it's about experience and maturity age! Brennan is a much older soul than her cronological age.

mommahurley
Agent
Agent

Number of posts : 311
Registration date : 2009-12-03

Back to top Go down

Re: S6E06 "The Shallow in the Deep"

Post by jro54 on Sun Sep 12, 2010 5:11 am

mommahurley wrote:I also think that Hannah is too young for Booth. It makes him look silly. Yes the actress that plays her is only a couple years younger than ED, but that's beside the point. Brennan is closer to Booth's age, in looks, demeanor, maturity..intelligence...all the things that make a person compatible with another person. Hannah, looks and acts from the little bit that we have seen, like a silly teenager...and she in comparison with Booth...Makes him appear to be much older than he appears when he's with Brennan.

It's not about cronological age...it's about experience and maturity age! Brennan is a much older soul than her cronological age.

Who cares about how young Hannah looks. Can't we just be happy for Booth/Hannah...because I honestly I don't see how B&B could ever get together. Booth just can't believe that he's in love with Hannah and then realize that his feelings for Brennan are so much stronger.
avatar
jro54
Head of Forensics
Head of Forensics

Number of posts : 1740
Age : 27
Location : Flagstaff, Arizona
Say What You Want : No matter what happens and the twists and turns that this show takes, I will always be a Bones fan!!!! Bring it on Hart!!!!boxing
Registration date : 2010-03-25

Back to top Go down

Re: S6E06 "The Shallow in the Deep"

Post by tinkrella on Sun Sep 12, 2010 5:26 am

jro54 wrote:
mommahurley wrote:I also think that Hannah is too young for Booth. It makes him look silly. Yes the actress that plays her is only a couple years younger than ED, but that's beside the point. Brennan is closer to Booth's age, in looks, demeanor, maturity..intelligence...all the things that make a person compatible with another person. Hannah, looks and acts from the little bit that we have seen, like a silly teenager...and she in comparison with Booth...Makes him appear to be much older than he appears when he's with Brennan.

It's not about cronological age...it's about experience and maturity age! Brennan is a much older soul than her cronological age.

Who cares about how young Hannah looks. Can't we just be happy for Booth/Hannah...because I honestly I don't see how B&B could ever get together. Booth just can't believe that he's in love with Hannah and then realize that his feelings for Brennan are so much stronger.


Sorry I will never be happy for booth/hannah. since the shows not called hannah....but bones...i'm assuming this relationship will be just as fleeting as all the others featured on the show.

tinkrella
Head of Forensics
Head of Forensics

Number of posts : 1190
Registration date : 2010-01-31

Back to top Go down

Re: S6E06 "The Shallow in the Deep"

Post by jro54 on Sun Sep 12, 2010 5:29 am

tinkrella wrote:
jro54 wrote:
mommahurley wrote:I also think that Hannah is too young for Booth. It makes him look silly. Yes the actress that plays her is only a couple years younger than ED, but that's beside the point. Brennan is closer to Booth's age, in looks, demeanor, maturity..intelligence...all the things that make a person compatible with another person. Hannah, looks and acts from the little bit that we have seen, like a silly teenager...and she in comparison with Booth...Makes him appear to be much older than he appears when he's with Brennan.

It's not about cronological age...it's about experience and maturity age! Brennan is a much older soul than her cronological age.

Who cares about how young Hannah looks. Can't we just be happy for Booth/Hannah...because I honestly I don't see how B&B could ever get together. Booth just can't believe that he's in love with Hannah and then realize that his feelings for Brennan are so much stronger.


Sorry I will never be happy for booth/hannah. since the shows not called hannah....but bones...i'm assuming this relationship will be just as fleeting as all the others featured on the show.

I'm not happy for Booth/Hannah. I want B&B to get together...but I just don't have any faith for B&B right now. No
avatar
jro54
Head of Forensics
Head of Forensics

Number of posts : 1740
Age : 27
Location : Flagstaff, Arizona
Say What You Want : No matter what happens and the twists and turns that this show takes, I will always be a Bones fan!!!! Bring it on Hart!!!!boxing
Registration date : 2010-03-25

Back to top Go down

Re: S6E06 "The Shallow in the Deep"

Post by mommahurley on Sun Sep 12, 2010 5:36 am

Well since you used quotes...I assume you are asking me who cares?

I care! I'm going to watch..and I'm going to face this storyline head on, and not run away from it...but I'm not going to say Hannah and Booth belong together.

She looks like she could be his daughter...it's gross.
I'm confused though...first you say..Why can't we just be happy for Hannah/Booth...then you say you're not happy for Hannah/Booth...then you say you don't believe Booth ever loved Brennan...then you say..you have lost faith...You're all over the place...it's hard to follow you line of logic.

But I will hang on to the thought that she's there for a reason...and I'm going to wait for the silver lining. Because I knwo in my heart that Booth and Bones " are the center....And the center must hold!"

mommahurley
Agent
Agent

Number of posts : 311
Registration date : 2009-12-03

Back to top Go down

Re: S6E06 "The Shallow in the Deep"

Post by joybrennan on Sun Sep 12, 2010 5:45 am

jso54 - I can't stand to see you so blue - here's a possible path out of this mess. I don't think Booth is in love with Raghag. Based on the 100th hos character had been changed (in that magical soap-opera way) to a guy that doesn't really no what love is and thinks good sex means love. Then, the more he's with raghag and working with Brennan he' ll come to realize that is more than good sexual chemistry. Raghag most likely won't be a very good FRIEND in the relationship

Brennan will still be his friend - even though she's realized that her friendship with him is part of her being in love with him. Booth will get fed-up with RagHag and break up with her. Someone - either Angela or Cam - is going to let it slip that Brennan came back knowing she was in love with him. Booth will be floored by this because Brennan never let on and stayed his friend. He'll confront Brennan with this, but Brennan's belief in love will have been shaken. She will remind Booth of his own words, "people leave marks on each other" and say he can't really be in love with her because he's just been with raghag. Booth will be sad, but determined to convince Brennan that she really is his one and only. Eventually - probably near the end of the show, she'll believe him.

I still won't be watching the Raghag stuff and it really sucks the way they've changed Booth. However, eventually Booth will become his Boothy self again (MAGIC Rolling Eyes) and the story should hopefully get back on track. I'm not sure how long they're going to drag everything out. It will depend on ratings. If they think they can get away with it, Booth won't dump Raghag and realize his love for Brennan until near season's end. If the ratings drop some they will probably speed that up.

Hope this helps you feel alittle better. I love you
avatar
joybrennan
Head of Forensics
Head of Forensics

Number of posts : 1532
Age : 42
Location : NYC
Say What You Want : I like to see the roller-coaster before I get on it. I mean, how many loops are we talking here?
Registration date : 2010-03-07

Back to top Go down

Re: S6E06 "The Shallow in the Deep"

Post by jro54 on Sun Sep 12, 2010 5:58 am

mommahurley wrote:Well since you used quotes...I assume you are asking me who cares?

I care! I'm going to watch..and I'm going to face this storyline head on, and not run away from it...but I'm not going to say Hannah and Booth belong together.

She looks like she could be his daughter...it's gross.
I'm confused though...first you say..Why can't we just be happy for Hannah/Booth...then you say you're not happy for Hannah/Booth...then you say you don't believe Booth ever loved Brennan...then you say..you have lost faith...You're all over the place...it's hard to follow you line of logic.

But I will hang on to the thought that she's there for a reason...and I'm going to wait for the silver lining. Because I knwo in my heart that Booth and Bones " are the center....And the center must hold!"

What I mean is that maybe we should just be happy for Booth/Hannah. Maybe Booth and Hannah should live happily ever after and Brennan should just spend the rest of her life alone. I don't want to be happy for Booth/Hannah. I want B&B together more than anything, but I don't see how realistically, B&B could ever get together after this. How can Booth possibly fall "in love" with Hannah and then realize that he still loves Brennan a couple episodes later?
avatar
jro54
Head of Forensics
Head of Forensics

Number of posts : 1740
Age : 27
Location : Flagstaff, Arizona
Say What You Want : No matter what happens and the twists and turns that this show takes, I will always be a Bones fan!!!! Bring it on Hart!!!!boxing
Registration date : 2010-03-25

Back to top Go down

Re: S6E06 "The Shallow in the Deep"

Post by jro54 on Sun Sep 12, 2010 6:27 am

joybrennan wrote:jso54 - I can't stand to see you so blue - here's a possible path out of this mess. I don't think Booth is in love with Raghag. Based on the 100th hos character had been changed (in that magical soap-opera way) to a guy that doesn't really no what love is and thinks good sex means love. Then, the more he's with raghag and working with Brennan he' ll come to realize that is more than good sexual chemistry. Raghag most likely won't be a very good FRIEND in the relationship

Brennan will still be his friend - even though she's realized that her friendship with him is part of her being in love with him. Booth will get fed-up with RagHag and break up with her. Someone - either Angela or Cam - is going to let it slip that Brennan came back knowing she was in love with him. Booth will be floored by this because Brennan never let on and stayed his friend. He'll confront Brennan with this, but Brennan's belief in love will have been shaken. She will remind Booth of his own words, "people leave marks on each other" and say he can't really be in love with her because he's just been with raghag. Booth will be sad, but determined to convince Brennan that she really is his one and only. Eventually - probably near the end of the show, she'll believe him.

I still won't be watching the Raghag stuff and it really sucks the way they've changed Booth. However, eventually Booth will become his Boothy self again (MAGIC Rolling Eyes) and the story should hopefully get back on track. I'm not sure how long they're going to drag everything out. It will depend on ratings. If they think they can get away with it, Booth won't dump Raghag and realize his love for Brennan until near season's end. If the ratings drop some they will probably speed that up.

Hope this helps you feel alittle better. I love you

Thanks Joy. I love you I'm sure B&B will get together eventually...because Hart can do whatever he wants. It's a fictional TV show. He could have Booth and Hannah get married, have 2.5 kids and white picket fence and then in the very last episode of the series, have Booth realize that he still loves Brennan and divorces the Raghag. I’m someone who appreciates logic and consistency…and even though this is a fictional TV show, it still drives me crazy when things don’t make sense. I realize that the whole point of the show is the journey, not the destination...and I just would like the journey to be enjoyable, logical and realistic, not some stupid puppet show...and your scenario does make sense. I always try to remember that Booth was never "in love" with Brennan. He just thinks that great sexual chemistry=love...and that the whole point of Hannah is to make him realize that...because it makes feel better.
avatar
jro54
Head of Forensics
Head of Forensics

Number of posts : 1740
Age : 27
Location : Flagstaff, Arizona
Say What You Want : No matter what happens and the twists and turns that this show takes, I will always be a Bones fan!!!! Bring it on Hart!!!!boxing
Registration date : 2010-03-25

Back to top Go down

Re: S6E06 "The Shallow in the Deep"

Post by joybrennan on Sun Sep 12, 2010 6:46 am

jro54 wrote:
joybrennan wrote:jso54 - I can't stand to see you so blue - here's a possible path out of this mess. I don't think Booth is in love with Raghag. Based on the 100th hos character had been changed (in that magical soap-opera way) to a guy that doesn't really no what love is and thinks good sex means love. Then, the more he's with raghag and working with Brennan he' ll come to realize that is more than good sexual chemistry. Raghag most likely won't be a very good FRIEND in the relationship

Brennan will still be his friend - even though she's realized that her friendship with him is part of her being in love with him. Booth will get fed-up with RagHag and break up with her. Someone - either Angela or Cam - is going to let it slip that Brennan came back knowing she was in love with him. Booth will be floored by this because Brennan never let on and stayed his friend. He'll confront Brennan with this, but Brennan's belief in love will have been shaken. She will remind Booth of his own words, "people leave marks on each other" and say he can't really be in love with her because he's just been with raghag. Booth will be sad, but determined to convince Brennan that she really is his one and only. Eventually - probably near the end of the show, she'll believe him.

I still won't be watching the Raghag stuff and it really sucks the way they've changed Booth. However, eventually Booth will become his Boothy self again (MAGIC Rolling Eyes) and the story should hopefully get back on track. I'm not sure how long they're going to drag everything out. It will depend on ratings. If they think they can get away with it, Booth won't dump Raghag and realize his love for Brennan until near season's end. If the ratings drop some they will probably speed that up.

Hope this helps you feel alittle better. I love you

Thanks Joy. I love you I'm sure B&B will get together eventually...because Hart can do whatever he wants. It's a fictional TV show. He could have Booth and Hannah get married, have 2.5 kids and white picket fence and then in the very last episode of the series, have Booth realize that he still loves Brennan and divorces the Raghag. I’m someone who appreciates logic and consistency…and even though this is a fictional TV show, it still drives me crazy when things don’t make sense. I realize that the whole point of the show is the journey, not the destination...and I just would like the journey to be enjoyable, logical and realistic, not some stupid puppet show...and your scenario does make sense. I always try to remember that Booth was never "in love" with Brennan. He just thinks that great sexual chemistry=love...and that the whole point of Hannah is to make him realize that...because it makes feel better.
Believe me, I understand! Laughing Art imitates life - it doesn't copy it. Good dramatic writing, in the ways I've been shown, brings together the elements that tell the story clearly. It maintains a certain consistency in how the world created works and how the characters develop and change. When you start violating the rules you've set up for youself, the whole story loses it's sense of reality - even though reality itself can be far less logical. Razz
avatar
joybrennan
Head of Forensics
Head of Forensics

Number of posts : 1532
Age : 42
Location : NYC
Say What You Want : I like to see the roller-coaster before I get on it. I mean, how many loops are we talking here?
Registration date : 2010-03-07

Back to top Go down

Re: S6E06 "The Shallow in the Deep"

Post by bailey on Sun Sep 12, 2010 7:03 am

jro54 wrote:I feel sick everytime I read about how Booth and Hannah are "genuine happy" together. I know Hannah is going to leave eventually, but I just don’t know how much Booth/Hannah lovey dovey crap and Booth boasting about his new relationship-showing off pics of her on his cell. If what SN is true-about Booth coming back thinking he’s moved on, but he’ll realizes that he hasn’t really moved on, than he better start to show some cracks BEFORE Hannah leaves. How are we supposed to believe that he’s having second thoughts when he’s “in love with” Hannah? What is Brennan going to think? What is she going to think when Booth gives his, “I don’t love Hannah, I love you,” speech? She’s not going to believe that he’s in love with her, so she’s not going to pursue him if she thinks he’s in love with someone else-then Booth’s going to come out looking like the biggest douche bag ever and he’ll have to get Brennan to trust him again.

I don't even want B&B to get together anymore because I feel like Booth's love for Brennan will always be taitned with his love for Hannah. If they are so happy together, why don't they just let them live happily ever after...becaus I don't believe that Booth was ever in love with Brennan or tha he'll ever will be.


I don't get your logic here.

Booth caring for Hannah, maybe even loving or being in love with her doesn't take away from the love he felt/feels for Brennan. He thinks he needs to move on because he was rejected by Brennan. He has every right to do that, IMO. Yea, I'm not sure I'm gonna enjoy watching it but I don't equate it to meaning he doesn't love Brennan. As far as he's concerned, she's gone from that part of his life.

Take this analogy ... a couple are married for 30 years, they're madly in love ... but the wife dies tragically. Ten years later, the husband falls in love again, and he remarries. Does that mean that he never loved his first wife?
avatar
bailey
Doctor
Doctor

Number of posts : 811
Say What You Want : "You just had a rebound. Yeah, which don't get me wrong can be a really fun distraction. But, when it's over, you're left thinking about the girl you really like, the one that broke your heart."

~ Jim Halpert
Registration date : 2010-05-11

Back to top Go down

Re: S6E06 "The Shallow in the Deep"

Post by joybrennan on Sun Sep 12, 2010 7:24 am

bailey wrote:
jro54 wrote:I feel sick everytime I read about how Booth and Hannah are "genuine happy" together. I know Hannah is going to leave eventually, but I just don’t know how much Booth/Hannah lovey dovey crap and Booth boasting about his new relationship-showing off pics of her on his cell. If what SN is true-about Booth coming back thinking he’s moved on, but he’ll realizes that he hasn’t really moved on, than he better start to show some cracks BEFORE Hannah leaves. How are we supposed to believe that he’s having second thoughts when he’s “in love with” Hannah? What is Brennan going to think? What is she going to think when Booth gives his, “I don’t love Hannah, I love you,” speech? She’s not going to believe that he’s in love with her, so she’s not going to pursue him if she thinks he’s in love with someone else-then Booth’s going to come out looking like the biggest douche bag ever and he’ll have to get Brennan to trust him again.

I don't even want B&B to get together anymore because I feel like Booth's love for Brennan will always be taitned with his love for Hannah. If they are so happy together, why don't they just let them live happily ever after...becaus I don't believe that Booth was ever in love with Brennan or tha he'll ever will be.


I don't get your logic here.

Booth caring for Hannah, maybe even loving or being in love with her doesn't take away from the love he felt/feels for Brennan. He thinks he needs to move on because he was rejected by Brennan. He has every right to do that, IMO. Yea, I'm not sure I'm gonna enjoy watching it but I don't equate it to meaning he doesn't love Brennan. As far as he's concerned, she's gone from that part of his life.

Take this analogy ... a couple are married for 30 years, they're madly in love ... but the wife dies tragically. Ten years later, the husband falls in love again, and he remarries. Does that mean that he never loved his first wife?
Ten years vs. Nine months.....not congruent. If the guy m/et and remarried in nine months there would be TONS of speculation about his marriage. Unless of course she'd been ill long time and the marriage had ended a long time before she died. Again, a long mourning period.
avatar
joybrennan
Head of Forensics
Head of Forensics

Number of posts : 1532
Age : 42
Location : NYC
Say What You Want : I like to see the roller-coaster before I get on it. I mean, how many loops are we talking here?
Registration date : 2010-03-07

Back to top Go down

Re: S6E06 "The Shallow in the Deep"

Post by bailey on Sun Sep 12, 2010 7:45 am

joybrennan wrote:
bailey wrote:
jro54 wrote:I feel sick everytime I read about how Booth and Hannah are "genuine happy" together. I know Hannah is going to leave eventually, but I just don’t know how much Booth/Hannah lovey dovey crap and Booth boasting about his new relationship-showing off pics of her on his cell. If what SN is true-about Booth coming back thinking he’s moved on, but he’ll realizes that he hasn’t really moved on, than he better start to show some cracks BEFORE Hannah leaves. How are we supposed to believe that he’s having second thoughts when he’s “in love with” Hannah? What is Brennan going to think? What is she going to think when Booth gives his, “I don’t love Hannah, I love you,” speech? She’s not going to believe that he’s in love with her, so she’s not going to pursue him if she thinks he’s in love with someone else-then Booth’s going to come out looking like the biggest douche bag ever and he’ll have to get Brennan to trust him again.

I don't even want B&B to get together anymore because I feel like Booth's love for Brennan will always be taitned with his love for Hannah. If they are so happy together, why don't they just let them live happily ever after...becaus I don't believe that Booth was ever in love with Brennan or tha he'll ever will be.


I don't get your logic here.

Booth caring for Hannah, maybe even loving or being in love with her doesn't take away from the love he felt/feels for Brennan. He thinks he needs to move on because he was rejected by Brennan. He has every right to do that, IMO. Yea, I'm not sure I'm gonna enjoy watching it but I don't equate it to meaning he doesn't love Brennan. As far as he's concerned, she's gone from that part of his life.

Take this analogy ... a couple are married for 30 years, they're madly in love ... but the wife dies tragically. Ten years later, the husband falls in love again, and he remarries. Does that mean that he never loved his first wife?
Ten years vs. Nine months.....not congruent. If the guy m/et and remarried in nine months there would be TONS of speculation about his marriage. Unless of course she'd been ill long time and the marriage had ended a long time before she died. Again, a long mourning period.


I still wouldn't doubt that he loved her.

I admire the morals/ethics of a lot of people here (and I'm being serious, not sarcastic) .... to me, sometimes the best way to get over someone you really cared about, you really did love, is lots of sex with someone new. And how does one justify this type of relationship? By trying to make yourself and everyone around you think that it's serious and that you're happy and that you're over the person who broke your heart, when in reality you're nowhere near over it and you're just in the new relationship to convince yourself that you're not unattractive, or unworthy of love, and quite frankly, for the sex. Wink
avatar
bailey
Doctor
Doctor

Number of posts : 811
Say What You Want : "You just had a rebound. Yeah, which don't get me wrong can be a really fun distraction. But, when it's over, you're left thinking about the girl you really like, the one that broke your heart."

~ Jim Halpert
Registration date : 2010-05-11

Back to top Go down

Re: S6E06 "The Shallow in the Deep"

Post by jro54 on Sun Sep 12, 2010 7:51 am

bailey wrote:
jro54 wrote:I feel sick everytime I read about how Booth and Hannah are "genuine happy" together. I know Hannah is going to leave eventually, but I just don’t know how much Booth/Hannah lovey dovey crap and Booth boasting about his new relationship-showing off pics of her on his cell. If what SN is true-about Booth coming back thinking he’s moved on, but he’ll realizes that he hasn’t really moved on, than he better start to show some cracks BEFORE Hannah leaves. How are we supposed to believe that he’s having second thoughts when he’s “in love with” Hannah? What is Brennan going to think? What is she going to think when Booth gives his, “I don’t love Hannah, I love you,” speech? She’s not going to believe that he’s in love with her, so she’s not going to pursue him if she thinks he’s in love with someone else-then Booth’s going to come out looking like the biggest douche bag ever and he’ll have to get Brennan to trust him again.

I don't even want B&B to get together anymore because I feel like Booth's love for Brennan will always be taitned with his love for Hannah. If they are so happy together, why don't they just let them live happily ever after...becaus I don't believe that Booth was ever in love with Brennan or tha he'll ever will be.


I don't get your logic here.

Booth caring for Hannah, maybe even loving or being in love with her doesn't take away from the love he felt/feels for Brennan. He thinks he needs to move on because he was rejected by Brennan. He has every right to do that, IMO. Yea, I'm not sure I'm gonna enjoy watching it but I don't equate it to meaning he doesn't love Brennan. As far as he's concerned, she's gone from that part of his life.

Take this analogy ... a couple are married for 30 years, they're madly in love ... but the wife dies tragically. Ten years later, the husband falls in love again, and he remarries. Does that mean that he never loved his first wife?

We may see things differently. Personally, I don't think Booth was ever in love with Brennan...because he would have tried harder to admit his feelings and he wouldn't have fallen in love with someone else, moved in with them and be "glistening" and "grinning like a theif in bed. Realistically, a person can't fall in love with someone and then when then that doesn't work out, fall in love with someone else and then when that doesn't work out, fall in love back in love with someone...and this is what makes this storyline so f**ked up. Booth can't possibly fall in love with Brennan and believe that she's the one and then fall in love with Hannah and honestly believe that she's the one. Hart has f**ked his show up so much, that I don't see how B&B could possibly ever get together.

avatar
jro54
Head of Forensics
Head of Forensics

Number of posts : 1740
Age : 27
Location : Flagstaff, Arizona
Say What You Want : No matter what happens and the twists and turns that this show takes, I will always be a Bones fan!!!! Bring it on Hart!!!!boxing
Registration date : 2010-03-25

Back to top Go down

Re: S6E06 "The Shallow in the Deep"

Post by treble21 on Sun Sep 12, 2010 7:55 am

jro54 wrote:
bailey wrote:
jro54 wrote:I feel sick everytime I read about how Booth and Hannah are "genuine happy" together. I know Hannah is going to leave eventually, but I just don’t know how much Booth/Hannah lovey dovey crap and Booth boasting about his new relationship-showing off pics of her on his cell. If what SN is true-about Booth coming back thinking he’s moved on, but he’ll realizes that he hasn’t really moved on, than he better start to show some cracks BEFORE Hannah leaves. How are we supposed to believe that he’s having second thoughts when he’s “in love with” Hannah? What is Brennan going to think? What is she going to think when Booth gives his, “I don’t love Hannah, I love you,” speech? She’s not going to believe that he’s in love with her, so she’s not going to pursue him if she thinks he’s in love with someone else-then Booth’s going to come out looking like the biggest douche bag ever and he’ll have to get Brennan to trust him again.

I don't even want B&B to get together anymore because I feel like Booth's love for Brennan will always be taitned with his love for Hannah. If they are so happy together, why don't they just let them live happily ever after...becaus I don't believe that Booth was ever in love with Brennan or tha he'll ever will be.


I don't get your logic here.

Booth caring for Hannah, maybe even loving or being in love with her doesn't take away from the love he felt/feels for Brennan. He thinks he needs to move on because he was rejected by Brennan. He has every right to do that, IMO. Yea, I'm not sure I'm gonna enjoy watching it but I don't equate it to meaning he doesn't love Brennan. As far as he's concerned, she's gone from that part of his life.

Take this analogy ... a couple are married for 30 years, they're madly in love ... but the wife dies tragically. Ten years later, the husband falls in love again, and he remarries. Does that mean that he never loved his first wife?

We may see things differently. Personally, I don't think Booth was ever in love with Brennan...because he would have tried harder to admit his feelings and he wouldn't have fallen in love with someone else, moved in with them and be "glistening" and "grinning like a theif in bed. Realistically, a person can't fall in love with someone and then when then that doesn't work out, fall in love with someone else and then when that doesn't work out, fall in love back in love with someone...and this is what makes this storyline so f**ked up. Booth can't possibly fall in love with Brennan and believe that she's the one and then fall in love with Hannah and honestly believe that she's the one. Hart has f**ked his show up so much, that I don't see how B&B could possibly ever get together.


Just because he loves Hannah, doesn't mean he doesn't love Brennan. JMO of course
avatar
treble21
Therapist
Therapist

Number of posts : 4680
Age : 38
Location : Ontario Canada
Say What You Want : I'm gonna miss the ABY.
Registration date : 2009-07-26

Back to top Go down

Re: S6E06 "The Shallow in the Deep"

Post by SnoopGirl on Sun Sep 12, 2010 8:00 am

What if Booth is just having a good time with Hannah?
He may really like her, care about her, enjoy sex with her, spending time with her but that doesn't mean he is in love with her or loves her (the way he loves Brennan).

SnoopGirl
Deputy Director
Deputy Director

Number of posts : 9669
Age : 48
Location : Oakville, ON (Canada)
Say What You Want : Snoop I love you DB's Smile Smile


Registration date : 2008-06-03

Back to top Go down

Re: S6E06 "The Shallow in the Deep"

Post by treble21 on Sun Sep 12, 2010 8:01 am

SnoopGirl wrote:What if Booth is just having a good time with Hannah?
He may really like her, care about her, enjoy sex with her, spending time with her but that doesn't mean he is in love with her or loves her (the way he loves Brennan).

also a good point.
avatar
treble21
Therapist
Therapist

Number of posts : 4680
Age : 38
Location : Ontario Canada
Say What You Want : I'm gonna miss the ABY.
Registration date : 2009-07-26

Back to top Go down

Re: S6E06 "The Shallow in the Deep"

Post by jro54 on Sun Sep 12, 2010 8:03 am

I mean being "in love." There's a difference between love and "in love." He can't possibly fall in love with Brennan and believe that she's the one...and then fall in love with Hannah and believe she's the one. He can may have "feelings," care about and have great sex with Hannah, but he can't be "in love" with her and believe that she's the one. He may try to convince himself that, but he's not "in love" with her.
avatar
jro54
Head of Forensics
Head of Forensics

Number of posts : 1740
Age : 27
Location : Flagstaff, Arizona
Say What You Want : No matter what happens and the twists and turns that this show takes, I will always be a Bones fan!!!! Bring it on Hart!!!!boxing
Registration date : 2010-03-25

Back to top Go down

Re: S6E06 "The Shallow in the Deep"

Post by crzy4bones on Sun Sep 12, 2010 8:04 am

bailey wrote:I still wouldn't doubt that he loved her.

I admire the morals/ethics of a lot of people here (and I'm being serious, not sarcastic) .... to me, sometimes the best way to get over someone you really cared about, you really did love, is lots of sex with someone new. And how does one justify this type of relationship? By trying to make yourself and everyone around you think that it's serious and that you're happy and that you're over the person who broke your heart, when in reality you're nowhere near over it and you're just in the new relationship to convince yourself that you're not unattractive, or unworthy of love, and quite frankly, for the sex. Wink

Exactly...he told Harmonia that sometimes you have to accept the 2nd best situation...and for him, his first choice for a situation pretty much slammed the door in his face and broke his heart and then breaks up the partnership....so he goes to Afghanistan, all broken because noone wants him, noone asks him to stay, and he meets this woman. And she's new, and she likes him, and she makes him feel good about himself, and then she takes a job that she never thought she would like just to be near him, and so yes he's happy, because he's loved. He tells Sweets that his life is better when she's around....because after 6 years of pining after Brennan, for a change someone is loving HIM rather than the other way around. It doesn't mean that he was never meant to be with Brennan...she may be Ms. Right...but Hannah is Ms. Right Now. And sometimes, if a person is lucky, you do end up with Ms. Right.

crzy4bones
Doctor
Doctor

Number of posts : 586
Age : 49
Location : Virginia Beach, VA
Registration date : 2010-04-23

Back to top Go down

Re: S6E06 "The Shallow in the Deep"

Post by bailey on Sun Sep 12, 2010 8:10 am

jro54 wrote:I mean being "in love." There's a difference between love and "in love." He can't possibly fall in love with Brennan and believe that she's the one...and then fall in love with Hannah and believe she's the one. He can may have "feelings," care about and have great sex with Hannah, but he can't be "in love" with her and believe that she's the one. He may try to convince himself that, but he's not "in love" with her.


I disagree with you, but that's ok too. Smile

I think it's currently possible for someone to quickly move on to another person. And even think he's in love with Hannah without this taking away from him being in love with Brennan. Love is very confusing, especially for the people inside of it.

avatar
bailey
Doctor
Doctor

Number of posts : 811
Say What You Want : "You just had a rebound. Yeah, which don't get me wrong can be a really fun distraction. But, when it's over, you're left thinking about the girl you really like, the one that broke your heart."

~ Jim Halpert
Registration date : 2010-05-11

Back to top Go down

Re: S6E06 "The Shallow in the Deep"

Post by treble21 on Sun Sep 12, 2010 8:12 am

crzy4bones wrote:
bailey wrote:I still wouldn't doubt that he loved her.

I admire the morals/ethics of a lot of people here (and I'm being serious, not sarcastic) .... to me, sometimes the best way to get over someone you really cared about, you really did love, is lots of sex with someone new. And how does one justify this type of relationship? By trying to make yourself and everyone around you think that it's serious and that you're happy and that you're over the person who broke your heart, when in reality you're nowhere near over it and you're just in the new relationship to convince yourself that you're not unattractive, or unworthy of love, and quite frankly, for the sex. Wink

Exactly...he told Harmonia that sometimes you have to accept the 2nd best situation...and for him, his first choice for a situation pretty much slammed the door in his face and broke his heart and then breaks up the partnership....so he goes to Afghanistan, all broken because noone wants him, noone asks him to stay, and he meets this woman. And she's new, and she likes him, and she makes him feel good about himself, and then she takes a job that she never thought she would like just to be near him, and so yes he's happy, because he's loved. He tells Sweets that his life is better when she's around....because after 6 years of pining after Brennan, for a change someone is loving HIM rather than the other way around. It doesn't mean that he was never meant to be with Brennan...she may be Ms. Right...but Hannah is Ms. Right Now. And sometimes, if a person is lucky, you do end up with Ms. Right.

I completely agree with both of you, and I am so glad you guys are able to verbalize it, cause I'm feeling all caveman today and not able to do so at all LOL
avatar
treble21
Therapist
Therapist

Number of posts : 4680
Age : 38
Location : Ontario Canada
Say What You Want : I'm gonna miss the ABY.
Registration date : 2009-07-26

Back to top Go down

Re: S6E06 "The Shallow in the Deep"

Post by joybrennan on Sun Sep 12, 2010 8:23 am

SnoopGirl wrote:What if Booth is just having a good time with Hannah?
He may really like her, care about her, enjoy sex with her, spending time with her but that doesn't mean he is in love with her or loves her (the way he loves Brennan).
I can go with he's just having a good time with her sexually - but gave the thing with Brennan as about as much time as Brennan did. Rolling Eyes Only, apparently Brennan hasn't been able to stop thinking about it and Booth has obviously slammed and locked the door shut. Frankly, I'm starting to hope Brennan hooks up with the boytoy and Booth finds out about it. Why? Because Brennan, unlike Booth won't be pretending that she's in love or saying she's over Booth - it will just be satisfying a "biological urge." She can tell Booth that she sees love is only worth it if it's easy and convenient - but painful when it's not. Whereas sex is always enjoyable. Especially when both parties are at their sexual peak. Twisted Evil (God, I used to LOVE Booth's character. Obviously, not so much now. No)
avatar
joybrennan
Head of Forensics
Head of Forensics

Number of posts : 1532
Age : 42
Location : NYC
Say What You Want : I like to see the roller-coaster before I get on it. I mean, how many loops are we talking here?
Registration date : 2010-03-07

Back to top Go down

Re: S6E06 "The Shallow in the Deep"

Post by jro54 on Sun Sep 12, 2010 8:29 am

bailey wrote:
jro54 wrote:I mean being "in love." There's a difference between love and "in love." He can't possibly fall in love with Brennan and believe that she's the one...and then fall in love with Hannah and believe she's the one. He can may have "feelings," care about and have great sex with Hannah, but he can't be "in love" with her and believe that she's the one. He may try to convince himself that, but he's not "in love" with her.


I disagree with you, but that's ok too. Smile

I think it's currently possible for someone to quickly move on to another person. And even think he's in love with Hannah without this taking away from him being in love with Brennan. Love is very confusing, especially for the people inside of it.

How can he possibly fall in love with Brennan and believe that she's the one and then fall in love with Hannah and believe she's the one? I mean he might "love" Hannah, but he's not "in love" with her. I think he may care about her and have feelings for her, but there can ONLY be one love his life-Temperance Brennan...and Hannah can't replace that. The only way I can make logical sense out of this is: he is so desperate to move on from Brennan, so he tries to convince himself that he's in love with Hannah and that he's moved on, but in reality, he's far from over it...and that Brennan is the ONLY one...either that or Hart has totally f**ked his show and the character of Booth.
avatar
jro54
Head of Forensics
Head of Forensics

Number of posts : 1740
Age : 27
Location : Flagstaff, Arizona
Say What You Want : No matter what happens and the twists and turns that this show takes, I will always be a Bones fan!!!! Bring it on Hart!!!!boxing
Registration date : 2010-03-25

Back to top Go down

Re: S6E06 "The Shallow in the Deep"

Post by bailey on Sun Sep 12, 2010 8:37 am

jro54 wrote:
bailey wrote:
jro54 wrote:I mean being "in love." There's a difference between love and "in love." He can't possibly fall in love with Brennan and believe that she's the one...and then fall in love with Hannah and believe she's the one. He can may have "feelings," care about and have great sex with Hannah, but he can't be "in love" with her and believe that she's the one. He may try to convince himself that, but he's not "in love" with her.


I disagree with you, but that's ok too. Smile

I think it's currently possible for someone to quickly move on to another person. And even think he's in love with Hannah without this taking away from him being in love with Brennan. Love is very confusing, especially for the people inside of it.

How can he possibly fall in love with Brennan and believe that she's the one and then fall in love with Hannah and believe she's the one? I mean he might "love" Hannah, but he's not "in love" with her. I think he may care about her and have feelings for her, but there can ONLY be one love his life-Temperance Brennan...and Hannah can't replace that. The only way I can make logical sense out of this is: he is so desperate to move on from Brennan, so he tries to convince himself that he's in love with Hannah and that he's moved on, but in reality, he's far from over her...and that Brennan is the ONLY one.


I'm not sure we're disagreeing here. I'm not saying Booth is in love with Hannah, but I believe that he thinks he is. And, unless Brennan does something that changes that .... he will continue to think that, IMO.

avatar
bailey
Doctor
Doctor

Number of posts : 811
Say What You Want : "You just had a rebound. Yeah, which don't get me wrong can be a really fun distraction. But, when it's over, you're left thinking about the girl you really like, the one that broke your heart."

~ Jim Halpert
Registration date : 2010-05-11

Back to top Go down

Re: S6E06 "The Shallow in the Deep"

Post by bailey on Sun Sep 12, 2010 8:41 am

joybrennan wrote:
SnoopGirl wrote:What if Booth is just having a good time with Hannah?
He may really like her, care about her, enjoy sex with her, spending time with her but that doesn't mean he is in love with her or loves her (the way he loves Brennan).
I can go with he's just having a good time with her sexually - but gave the thing with Brennan as about as much time as Brennan did. Rolling Eyes Only, apparently Brennan hasn't been able to stop thinking about it and Booth has obviously slammed and locked the door shut. Frankly, I'm starting to hope Brennan hooks up with the boytoy and Booth finds out about it. Why? Because Brennan, unlike Booth won't be pretending that she's in love or saying she's over Booth - it will just be satisfying a "biological urge." She can tell Booth that she sees love is only worth it if it's easy and convenient - but painful when it's not. Whereas sex is always enjoyable. Especially when both parties are at their sexual peak. Twisted Evil (God, I used to LOVE Booth's character. Obviously, not so much now. No)


I really like this. That is exactly the difference between the two of them in this situation.

On the other hand we disagree in that I think he gave Brennan enough of a chance. Or rather that I think he just didn't know what to do once she shut him down and then decided to fly half way across the world for a year. And at the time, Hannah probably seemed like a good idea, a nice distraction. I think this will be an interesting storyline, but I'm also going to be glad to see how it ends. Wink
avatar
bailey
Doctor
Doctor

Number of posts : 811
Say What You Want : "You just had a rebound. Yeah, which don't get me wrong can be a really fun distraction. But, when it's over, you're left thinking about the girl you really like, the one that broke your heart."

~ Jim Halpert
Registration date : 2010-05-11

Back to top Go down

Re: S6E06 "The Shallow in the Deep"

Post by treble21 on Sun Sep 12, 2010 8:45 am

Ok I'm gonna try my hand at verbalizing what I'm thinking, I apologize if it comes of all "caveman"

Here's the deal, this is episode 6, that means that there is 5 episodes of character development and storylines leading up to this. The sides represent a very very small portion of the character development as they mostly contain the case story. Basically what I'm getting at is that we don't know what's going on in the scene with Brennan and the "boytoy". We have no idea what has transpired between B/B at that point, we can make logical assumptions based on comments in the sides and spoilers, but those only go so far and then you know what they say about "assume-ing". I really think speculating on an episode this far in advance is pointless as there is probably about 100 minutes of air time that we know nothing about ( just a ballpark figuring that sides represent approx 15 minutes of episode out of a possible 40 minutes, and also figuring that there's not much about episode 1 we don't know, that's 25 minutes per episode for #2,3,4,5....don't quibble about the math, it's not exact, it's just there to make a point)

About Booth "loving" Hannah. Being genuinely happy does not mean that you have to be IN love with the person you are with, it doesn't mean that he is madly in love with Hannah and not in love with Brennan. That being said Booth is not the type of guy to lead someone on, so yeah I think he's serious about Hannah but sometimes happiness is a choice, you can be miserable about your circumstances or you can try to make the best of it. I firmly believe that Booth is making the best of a situation he'd rather not be in, and choosing to be as happy as he can about it.
avatar
treble21
Therapist
Therapist

Number of posts : 4680
Age : 38
Location : Ontario Canada
Say What You Want : I'm gonna miss the ABY.
Registration date : 2009-07-26

Back to top Go down

Re: S6E06 "The Shallow in the Deep"

Post by Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Page 6 of 9 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top


 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum