S6E06 "The Shallow in the Deep"

Page 9 of 9 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: S6E06 "The Shallow in the Deep"

Post by Lorna Doone on Mon Sep 13, 2010 10:13 am

joybrennan wrote: As per your question, assuming she knew my dad and got engaged tp someone else, I would have to go with she hadn't fallen for my dad yet. Probably why the Raghag thing makes me feel Booth wasn't really in love with Brennan.

In one of the post #100 episodes, Booth tells Brennan how the guy in the story "fell in love all over again" with the female guilty party when he learned what she had done for him. I thought this was going to happen with Booth and Brennan during the Gravedigger episode, but it didn't happen. I wonder if Hart is going to try to write something along these lines for the post-Hannah period. I'm not sure he can write anything I'll believe, but I wonder if that's his intent.

Lorna

Lorna Doone
Forensic Artist
Forensic Artist

Number of posts : 149
Registration date : 2009-12-03

Back to top Go down

Re: S6E06 "The Shallow in the Deep"

Post by mommahurley on Mon Sep 13, 2010 10:33 am

I just wonder...have you ever asked your mom how she felt? Of course mom's tend to keep that kind of information to themselves, becuase of course every mom wants her kids to believe that their dad is the only man they ever truly loved! lol

I want to tell you an interesting story.... just listen... there's no judgment meant in this at all.

My mom died suddenly about 8 years ago. My dad and mom were married young...had 4 daughters...we had a charmed life...I remember my dad bringing my mom flowers every friday...I remember hearing them giggle in the night... as they got older,they joined bowling leagues together,...went to Europe for the first time in their late 70's... I remember them always in love. always happy...not without struggle and hard times, but I always knew my dad loved my mother...

It was never more apparant than when I watched my mother dying sitting by her side as she slowly took her last breath..and watch my daddy holding her tightly begging her not to leave him...then being grateful when she did, that she was out of pain... It was truly a love of a lifetime.

A couple years later...I was driving my dad..then 81 up to our summer cabin..for a round of golf and a weekend of family togetherness. I was upset because my daughter of 18 had just broken off her relatioship with her first boyfriend..her first love...the boy I looked upon as my son...the boy that she swore to love for the rest of her life...and had been close friends with since they were nine and suddenly fell in love when they were 15....He was devastated and I was sad...I truly loved this boy and knew that things would never be the same...I worried that she made a mistake...anyway...

My dad tells me this story... "when I was 19 I was engaged"... what?????? I was poleaxed...i'd never heard this before. "I knew your mother since we were teenagers...your Uncle George was my best friend so I saw her a lot...I was really secretly in love with her, but she didn't love me back,,she was shy and too young" "I went to work in the shipyards of hunters point, and there I met a girl " "she was a girl who lived more than and hour away..we were young,,she was beautiful and I loved her so much, but it was hard..i had to take the bus every friday when I got off work..and stay all weekend at her house then take the bus back to the city sunday night....after a while it just got old...I loved her, but it got harder and harder and we broke it off" "I didn't talk to her for a year...and then one day I thought about her and wondered what had ever happend to her...I called her up, and it happened to be her wedding day",...."I was kind of upset so George and his wife invited me to dinner and your mom was there., she was two years older, now 19 and she was more open with me..we talked again...and this time it was different...we soon fell in love and were married. She was so tiny and perfect and I loved her so much." His point was...don't be afraid of Whitney's decision, because maybe it just wasn't meant to be...and if it was she will find her way back to him.

What I got from this is that even though my dad loved my mom he moved on becuase she didn't return his feelings...then later...after he'd had another love, he came back to her...and was ready this time...and they were together for 65 years.

I asked my Dad..did you love this other woman more than Mom...he said...At the time, I loved her...but I lived a whole life with your mom and I didn't truly know what love was until your Mom..and you 4 girls came along. He just turned 85 and he still gets teary when people mention my mom.

So he did love someone, becuase my mom wasn't ready to love him...but that didn't diminish his love for my mom in the least.

Love just isn't a light switch...we can love more than one person and still love them honestly and fully. Otherwise parents would never have more than one kid...hearts are capable of growing and loving a multitude of people...it's integrity that makes us decide to chose one and be faithful to that one!

Just as Brennan says...Human are not by nature monogomous...even married 33 years there have been men who caught my eye, and I'm sure my husband's eye..but it is integrity that makes us say.".there is nothing better out there that is worth losing what I have now or hurting this person that loves me and that I love" . But don't fool yourself into thinking that at times you won't have a wandering heart..or thoughts...or needs... It's our egos, and times when we need the attention that comes from someone new and exiciting that turns our heads, but love keeps you from following that course.
And sometimes people fail...and have to start over...or have to earn trust back again...If they love...they will.

Anyway.. that was a long story to illustrate, that we can and will love many people...but if we are lucky..the one we love will love us back and we can have that chance to stay strong and love forever. If we're not...we have to move forward and find it...if we find it by coming back around, it does not diminish that which came before.

mommahurley
Agent
Agent

Number of posts : 311
Registration date : 2009-12-03

Back to top Go down

Re: S6E06 "The Shallow in the Deep"

Post by jro54 on Mon Sep 13, 2010 10:40 am

My mom actually knew my dad before she married her first husband, but she divorced him and then her best friend set her up on a blind date-with my dad and they have been married for 21 years. I never actually related this to Bones and the SO storyline...but I have always questioned Booth's love for Brennan because he never showed any romantic interest in her until after he woke up from his coma.

I agree with Mommahurley and I understand that people will have many loves in their lifetime...but how this applies to Bones and the SO storyline. I'm sure Booth will have feelings for Hannah and care about her, but personally, I want him to come to the realization that Brennan is his only great love, that she is the ONE. He can't possibly love Hannah as much as he loves Brennan. I don't want him to realize that he loves both of them and then when Hannah doesn't work out, he goes back to Brennan...I will just feel like when B&B finally get together, his love for Brennan will always be tainted by his love for Hannah. That he's not giving Brennan is whole heart because he still has a plce for Hannah...And I'm sorry if you don't agree with me, but that's just how I feel.
avatar
jro54
Head of Forensics
Head of Forensics

Number of posts : 1740
Age : 27
Location : Flagstaff, Arizona
Say What You Want : No matter what happens and the twists and turns that this show takes, I will always be a Bones fan!!!! Bring it on Hart!!!!boxing
Registration date : 2010-03-25

Back to top Go down

Re: S6E06 "The Shallow in the Deep"

Post by mommahurley on Mon Sep 13, 2010 11:05 am

and JRO54 -

I agree with you on your take on Booth and Hannah...that's what I have said before...

It's intense in a war zone...but it won't last...in reality.

But I just hope that this helps you to understand that it doens't mean that he never loved Brennan. He's trying to mvoe on becuase Brennan said NO> He's trying...he finds this intense thing...but under the light of day..in the world...in front of Brennan, it will pale..not because Hannah is bad..or ugly .. or annoying...but because his Heart still belongs to Bones.

So go ahead and watch it...becuase if you don't watch it unfold..you will miss this realization...and how it unfolds. You won't enjoy the end as well if you miss the progression.

But of course...this is only encouragement,,,not criticism.

mommahurley
Agent
Agent

Number of posts : 311
Registration date : 2009-12-03

Back to top Go down

Re: S6E06 "The Shallow in the Deep"

Post by jhi1005 on Mon Sep 13, 2010 11:28 am

mommahurley wrote:and JRO54 -

I agree with you on your take on Booth and Hannah...that's what I have said before...

It's intense in a war zone...but it won't last...in reality.

But I just hope that this helps you to understand that it doens't mean that he never loved Brennan. He's trying to mvoe on becuase Brennan said NO> He's trying...he finds this intense thing...but under the light of day..in the world...in front of Brennan, it will pale..not because Hannah is bad..or ugly .. or annoying...but because his Heart still belongs to Bones.

So go ahead and watch it...becuase if you don't watch it unfold..you will miss this realization...and how it unfolds. You won't enjoy the end as well if you miss the progression.

But of course...this is only encouragement,,,not criticism.

These past few posts are some of the most thought provoking and beautifully written that I think I've ever seen on any boards, and it does make me feel better about the whole storyline and how it will play out.

Because mommahurley is right, in most people's lives there are multiple "loves" and hopefully the one great love that you find, and that will be the difference between Booth's feelings for Hannah and his love for Brennan.

My mom and dad married at 28 & 32, and for the sixties that was considered "late" (scary thought, I know). My dad always used to say he wished he'd met my mom 10 years earlier so he could have saved a lot of time and searching, and my mom would always reply, "But we weren't ready for each other yet, so we wouldn't have had the story that we did, and I wouldn't change anything about our history if it meant that we wouldn't be where we are today."

jhi1005
Forensic Artist
Forensic Artist

Number of posts : 148
Registration date : 2010-04-07

Back to top Go down

Re: S6E06 "The Shallow in the Deep"

Post by joybrennan on Mon Sep 13, 2010 11:35 am

It's a great story. I love you I do agree that you can love more than one person in your life. My dad was married before my mom - at eighteen. They had kids, but they were basically kids themselves and they got divorced. My Dad was 31 when he met my mom was 26. The enagements my mom broke were at 18 and 22. Booth is 40 and Brennan 35 (although emotionally more like 25) They aren't kids, although the storyline - IMO - makes it seem like they are. Mad

The other interesting thing about your dad...you said he was secretly in love with her, but she was shy and too young to love him back. It sounds like at that time he never approached your mom about his feelings, she didn't display romantic feelings because she was shy and young.

If Booth hadn't made that attempt with Brennan, I would have no probwlem with this storyline. Or if was a story about young love, and Booth was 25 and recommisioned and came back with an SO I would say, young, unsure, hormones, etc. The man is 40.

However, I will say I do think it's possible Booth WILL fall into that deeper love. After all in that entire discussion during the 100th he never actually SAYS "I love you." Perhaps that was deliberate on HH's part.

It's easy to focus on Brennan's emotional shortcomings, but with her it's been "when are you going to acknowledge that all the things you do for Booth, the ways you let him see who you are, the reason you wanted to be his partner and have his baby is that YOU ARE IN LOVE WITH HIM." Booth has talked about love, dreamt about love, wants to be in love - but actually may not know what it really means. Maybe Booth needs to learn what being in love MEANS. Like Brennan has a full jar of love, but the jar has no label - so she hasn't known what she was holding. Booth has a well-packaged jar labeled "love" with lots of pretty pictures - only the jar is empty and he actually doesn't know what should be in there.

Writing that last bit actually makes me feel better. I can ALMOST deal with RagHag being around, because I can see Booth then REALLy falling for Booth. IMO
It's still crappy writing because in order for me to remotely go along with the 100th onward, I have to see Booth as a man who doesn't actually know what love is V he just THINKS he does. Up until the 100th 8 would have never classified his character that way. It's worse than just a reset, he's actually changed the character - like they do on soap-operas. Rolling Eyes
avatar
joybrennan
Head of Forensics
Head of Forensics

Number of posts : 1532
Age : 42
Location : NYC
Say What You Want : I like to see the roller-coaster before I get on it. I mean, how many loops are we talking here?
Registration date : 2010-03-07

Back to top Go down

Re: S6E06 "The Shallow in the Deep"

Post by jsgemini on Mon Sep 13, 2010 11:38 am

The past month I have only been able to blip in and out of here and not really get a chance to read the posts. All I can about this post is wow....I missed a lot! haha
avatar
jsgemini
Agent
Agent

Number of posts : 306
Registration date : 2010-05-06

Back to top Go down

Re: S6E06 "The Shallow in the Deep"

Post by jro54 on Mon Sep 13, 2010 11:43 am

mommahurley wrote:and JRO54 -

I agree with you on your take on Booth and Hannah...that's what I have said before...

It's intense in a war zone...but it won't last...in reality.

But I just hope that this helps you to understand that it doens't mean that he never loved Brennan. He's trying to mvoe on becuase Brennan said NO> He's trying...he finds this intense thing...but under the light of day..in the world...in front of Brennan, it will pale..not because Hannah is bad..or ugly .. or annoying...but because his Heart still belongs to Bones.

So go ahead and watch it...becuase if you don't watch it unfold..you will miss this realization...and how it unfolds. You won't enjoy the end as well if you miss the progression.

But of course...this is only encouragement,,,not criticism.

Thanks, mommahurely. I love you Your story about your dad and your previous posts make me feel better about the storyline and how it will play out. People have multiple "loves" in their lifetime and hopefully, they will find their one great love and that will probably be the difference between how Booth feels about Brennan and Hannah. I'm still not sure if Booth really knew Brennan was the ONE. I think he loved Brennan-as a friend and partner. I'm just not sure if he was "in love" with her, but I do think it's possible for Booth to fall more in love with Brennan...and perhaps, Hannah will help him do that...and I might actually watch some of the Hannah story arch. I still have no interest in watching Booth/Hannah lovey dovey crap, but I do want to see how the storyline plays out. Very Happy
avatar
jro54
Head of Forensics
Head of Forensics

Number of posts : 1740
Age : 27
Location : Flagstaff, Arizona
Say What You Want : No matter what happens and the twists and turns that this show takes, I will always be a Bones fan!!!! Bring it on Hart!!!!boxing
Registration date : 2010-03-25

Back to top Go down

Re: S6E06 "The Shallow in the Deep"

Post by crzy4bones on Mon Sep 13, 2010 12:38 pm

jsgemini wrote:The past month I have only been able to blip in and out of here and not really get a chance to read the posts. All I can about this post is wow....I missed a lot! haha

nah...not really....other than the actual sides, which you can find in the Home of the spoiler thread, all the other threads are the SAME. Same people, same the same things...so much so that one time I thought that I was re-reading a thread that I had just read...only it wasn't...it was just the same people saying the SAME EXACT thing. LOL!

crzy4bones
Doctor
Doctor

Number of posts : 586
Age : 49
Location : Virginia Beach, VA
Registration date : 2010-04-23

Back to top Go down

Re: S6E06 "The Shallow in the Deep"

Post by joybrennan on Mon Sep 13, 2010 1:14 pm

[quvote="crzy4bones"]
jsgemini wrote:The past month I have only been able to blip in and out of here and not really get a chance to read the posts. All I can about this post is wow....I missed a lot! haha

nah...not really....other than the actual sides, which you can find in the Home of the spoiler thread, all the other threads are the SAME. Same people, same the same things...so much so that one time I thought that I was re-reading a thread that I had just read...only it wasn't...it was just the same people saying the SAME EXACT thing. LOL![/quote]

@ jsgemini - Actually, this has been an interesting thread. A lot of discussion about love and relationship, people sharing personal stories, finding different ways to speculate on the upcoming season. Of course some things are the same - the extreme Booth lovers and anyone who so much as like Brennan - and vice versa - still are [Only admins are allowed to see this link]. But that's like extreme left and extreme right politics - they'll never change nor agree - everyone else tries to listen to the other and come to some middle-ground. Even if it's just a tiny patch. Very Happy
avatar
joybrennan
Head of Forensics
Head of Forensics

Number of posts : 1532
Age : 42
Location : NYC
Say What You Want : I like to see the roller-coaster before I get on it. I mean, how many loops are we talking here?
Registration date : 2010-03-07

Back to top Go down

Re: S6E06 "The Shallow in the Deep"

Post by tinge1990 on Tue Sep 14, 2010 9:32 pm

crzy4bones wrote:
jsgemini wrote:The past month I have only been able to blip in and out of here and not really get a chance to read the posts. All I can about this post is wow....I missed a lot! haha

nah...not really....other than the actual sides, which you can find in the Home of the spoiler thread, all the other threads are the SAME. Same people, same the same things...so much so that one time I thought that I was re-reading a thread that I had just read...only it wasn't...it was just the same people saying the SAME EXACT thing. LOL!
Same main argument.
Same few points to back up your argument.
Lots of different angles to those points.
Lots of different analogies used to back up the points.
Lots of interesting anecdotes to make you think.

Overall, same old same old yet different. It's refreshing looking at things from different angles. Over the past month, I have been constantly swayed between understanding and disliking the storyline because there has been a alot of compelling arguments put forth here. Like I said, it is interesting.

Hahaha. Overall I hate Hannah but don't mind the storyline. Lol.

tinge1990
Squint
Squint

Number of posts : 92
Registration date : 2010-07-17

Back to top Go down

Re: S6E06 "The Shallow in the Deep"

Post by joybrennan on Tue Sep 14, 2010 11:43 pm

tinge1990 wrote:
crzy4bones wrote:
jsgemini wrote:The past month I have only been able to blip in and out of here and not really get a chance to read the posts. All I can about this post is wow....I missed a lot! haha

nah...not really....other than the actual sides, which you can find in the Home of the spoiler thread, all the other threads are the SAME. Same people, same the same things...so much so that one time I thought that I was re-reading a thread that I had just read...only it wasn't...it was just the same people saying the SAME EXACT thing. LOL!
Same main argument.
Same few points to back up your argument.
Lots of different angles to those points.
Lots of different analogies used to back up the points.
Lots of interesting anecdotes to make you think.

Overall, same old same old yet different. It's refreshing looking at things from different angles. Over the past month, I have been constantly swayed between understanding and disliking the storyline because there has been a alot of compelling arguments put forth here. Like I said, it is interesting.

Hahaha. Overall I hate Hannah but don't mind the storyline. Lol.

cheers bowdown cheers bowdown cheers bowdown
hug I love you
avatar
joybrennan
Head of Forensics
Head of Forensics

Number of posts : 1532
Age : 42
Location : NYC
Say What You Want : I like to see the roller-coaster before I get on it. I mean, how many loops are we talking here?
Registration date : 2010-03-07

Back to top Go down

Re: S6E06 "The Shallow in the Deep"

Post by bones fan 99 on Wed Sep 15, 2010 6:32 am

joybrennan wrote:
tinge1990 wrote:
crzy4bones wrote:
jsgemini wrote:The past month I have only been able to blip in and out of here and not really get a chance to read the posts. All I can about this post is wow....I missed a lot! haha

nah...not really....other than the actual sides, which you can find in the Home of the spoiler thread, all the other threads are the SAME. Same people, same the same things...so much so that one time I thought that I was re-reading a thread that I had just read...only it wasn't...it was just the same people saying the SAME EXACT thing. LOL!
Same main argument.
Same few points to back up your argument.
Lots of different angles to those points.
Lots of different analogies used to back up the points.
Lots of interesting anecdotes to make you think.

Overall, same old same old yet different. It's refreshing looking at things from different angles. Over the past month, I have been constantly swayed between understanding and disliking the storyline because there has been a alot of compelling arguments put forth here. Like I said, it is interesting.

Hahaha. Overall I hate Hannah but don't mind the storyline. Lol.

cheers bowdown cheers bowdown cheers bowdown
hug I love you

all the above clapping and bow downs go from me too very true tinge
avatar
bones fan 99
Doctor
Doctor

Number of posts : 621
Age : 38
Location : new zealand
Registration date : 2010-08-31

Back to top Go down

Re: S6E06 "The Shallow in the Deep"

Post by Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Page 9 of 9 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum