S6E06 "The Shallow in the Deep"

Page 4 of 9 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: S6E06 "The Shallow in the Deep"

Post by jhi1005 on Thu Sep 09, 2010 11:07 am

treble21 wrote:
Wow.. ummm yeah. I agree with Evil Monkey... I'm not sure where you got the idea that Brennan was going to "fornicate" with anyone. The point of that scene was not that Brennan was going to hook up with anyone it was to highlight how uncomfortable Booth was with the older woman/ younger man scenario. Also we have NO idea what's going on with the B/H or B/B relationships here, so let's not jump to conclusions based on information that we have speculated or created in our minds.

I do however agree with you that I don't think Hannah is too young for Booth, I personally think it's great that KW looks so good for her age, I'd never believe she was older than me, but she is, and since Hannah is meant to be an established professional I would guess the character is not supposed to be very young.

I am no fan of the whole Hannah storyline, but one thing I do agree with is that her age is perfectly appropriate for Booth. She's maybe a year younger than Emily, not even? I think I always want to defend the actress on this point because I tend to be taken for younger than I am (I'm her age actually), and in a professional setting it can be annoying not to be taken seriously.

This will probably be the only time I have anything remotely positive to say about anything Hannah-related Rolling Eyes

jhi1005
Forensic Artist
Forensic Artist

Number of posts : 148
Registration date : 2010-04-07

Back to top Go down

Re: S6E06 "The Shallow in the Deep"

Post by treble21 on Thu Sep 09, 2010 11:15 am

^ditto.
avatar
treble21
Therapist
Therapist

Number of posts : 4680
Age : 38
Location : Ontario Canada
Say What You Want : I'm gonna miss the ABY.
Registration date : 2009-07-26

Back to top Go down

Re: S6E06 "The Shallow in the Deep"

Post by jro54 on Thu Sep 09, 2010 11:16 am

treble21 wrote:
Evil Monkey wrote:
the beaver1965 wrote:HAHA, What is this. Brennans changed??? She tells Booth that he is past his prime. Oh I forgot she loves him and she has compassion for him. Yeah right. Some posters have stated that Booth's GF looks too young for him. They have indicated that she looks young enough to be his daughter and he shouldn't hook up with her. I disagree with that, but that's me. What I find interesting though, is now Brennan is going to try to hook up with a boy toy and possibly fornicate with him, but that's OKAY. What happened about being too young or does that only apply to Booth. Some posters(only a few,myself included) wanted to see a visibly jealous Brennan, but it seems from what I read she isn't going to be and that Booth is the who is going to be jealous. Same old Same old, been there done that. LOL!!!

Question: Did you actually read the sides for yourself or are you just going off what people are saying here?

Wow.. ummm yeah. I agree with Evil Monkey... I'm not sure where you got the idea that Brennan was going to "fornicate" with anyone. The point of that scene was not that Brennan was going to hook up with anyone it was to highlight how uncomfortable Booth was with the older woman/ younger man scenario. Also we have NO idea what's going on with the B/H or B/B relationships here, so let's not jump to conclusions based on information that we have speculated or created in our minds.

I do however agree with you that I don't think Hannah is too young for Booth, I personally think it's great that KW looks so good for her age, I'd never believe she was older than me, but she is, and since Hannah is meant to be an established professional I would guess the character is not supposed to be very young.

I agree.
avatar
jro54
Head of Forensics
Head of Forensics

Number of posts : 1740
Age : 27
Location : Flagstaff, Arizona
Say What You Want : No matter what happens and the twists and turns that this show takes, I will always be a Bones fan!!!! Bring it on Hart!!!!boxing
Registration date : 2010-03-25

Back to top Go down

Re: S6E06 "The Shallow in the Deep"

Post by bones fan 99 on Thu Sep 09, 2010 11:32 am

jro54 wrote:
treble21 wrote:
Evil Monkey wrote:
the beaver1965 wrote:HAHA, What is this. Brennans changed??? She tells Booth that he is past his prime. Oh I forgot she loves him and she has compassion for him. Yeah right. Some posters have stated that Booth's GF looks too young for him. They have indicated that she looks young enough to be his daughter and he shouldn't hook up with her. I disagree with that, but that's me. What I find interesting though, is now Brennan is going to try to hook up with a boy toy and possibly fornicate with him, but that's OKAY. What happened about being too young or does that only apply to Booth. Some posters(only a few,myself included) wanted to see a visibly jealous Brennan, but it seems from what I read she isn't going to be and that Booth is the who is going to be jealous. Same old Same old, been there done that. LOL!!!

Question: Did you actually read the sides for yourself or are you just going off what people are saying here?

Wow.. ummm yeah. I agree with Evil Monkey... I'm not sure where you got the idea that Brennan was going to "fornicate" with anyone. The point of that scene was not that Brennan was going to hook up with anyone it was to highlight how uncomfortable Booth was with the older woman/ younger man scenario. Also we have NO idea what's going on with the B/H or B/B relationships here, so let's not jump to conclusions based on information that we have speculated or created in our minds.

I do however agree with you that I don't think Hannah is too young for Booth, I personally think it's great that KW looks so good for her age, I'd never believe she was older than me, but she is, and since Hannah is meant to be an established professional I would guess the character is not supposed to be very young.

I agree.

me 4 in agreement that is. also just want to add how when thoughts are well written I feel.... calmer this topic can get heated fast!
avatar
bones fan 99
Doctor
Doctor

Number of posts : 621
Age : 38
Location : new zealand
Registration date : 2010-08-31

Back to top Go down

Re: S6E06 "The Shallow in the Deep"

Post by joybrennan on Thu Sep 09, 2010 12:24 pm

Just an FYI - until you see the episodes there's no way to know how old Raghag is supposed to be. Actors have what's called a "range" that they can play - which has little to do with what their actual age is. Raghag will be whatever age HH intends - could be younger, could be the same age as Brennan. There's no way to guess what's intended - other than she should look like Barbie. Twisted Evil
avatar
joybrennan
Head of Forensics
Head of Forensics

Number of posts : 1532
Age : 42
Location : NYC
Say What You Want : I like to see the roller-coaster before I get on it. I mean, how many loops are we talking here?
Registration date : 2010-03-07

Back to top Go down

Re: S6E06 "The Shallow in the Deep"

Post by the beaver1965 on Thu Sep 09, 2010 1:16 pm

I don't see anybody commenting on the fact that Brennan says Booth is past his Prime. Oh I forgot, she doesn't mean it that way. She would never be mean to him on purpose. YEAH RIGHT!!!

the beaver1965
Forensic Artist
Forensic Artist

Number of posts : 209
Registration date : 2009-09-24

Back to top Go down

Re: S6E06 "The Shallow in the Deep"

Post by katharine on Thu Sep 09, 2010 1:39 pm

the beaver1965 wrote:I don't see anybody commenting on the fact that Brennan says Booth is past his Prime. Oh I forgot, she doesn't mean it that way. She would never be mean to him on purpose. YEAH RIGHT!!!

No offense, and I love Booth and know nothing about the FBI, so I probably shouldn't comment about this, but I'm gonna (feel free to correct me if someone knows better). Booth probably is past his prime for the FBI - he has a degenerative back issue and he just came out of a coma not remembering (and changing) half of his attributes of his life. Sounds past his prime to me. I say that in a loving way, because past his prime or not - he's still one of the hottest folks on TV.
Like I said I say that knowing nothing about FBI rules and regulations.

Now, my opinion about other folks comments about Hanah and Brennan's ages. I have always felt that Emily (not in looks) acts closer to Booth's age. I think it's because their chemistry is so good together and they don't talk ages or year timelines on the show. She certainly doesn't look in her 40's, I don't mean it in that way. When she's dolled up right, which I hate that Bones does not do that for her often, she is one of the most beautiful women on TV. Her eyes are just gorgeous.
I haven't seen much of Hanah except in clips. I did see her the other night when I mistakenly watched "Killers" with Ashton Kutcher. She was in that movie, she did okay. She can kick some ass in martial arts. She appears to me look younger than her age, maybe it's the Canadian air...lol.... I think one of the problems (and I mean just one) that I will have with this story line is that Hanah will be played off as this cute young thing, while Brennan with that bad haircut will be in her matronly bad outfits and not look as enticing. I'm afraid some new viewers would say why would Booth go for Brennan when he could have this hot young thing that doesn't question him or knock him (like we all know Brennan does with her rationality, on purpose or not).
Who can I yell at for not pulling out all the stops to make Temperance Brennan the vibrant beautiful kick ass woman that she is. Someone tell me that.
That's just my opinions......

katharine
Agent
Agent

Number of posts : 423
Location : I live in the South, but my heart is up North
Registration date : 2010-04-09

Back to top Go down

Re: S6E06 "The Shallow in the Deep"

Post by jhi1005 on Thu Sep 09, 2010 1:43 pm

the beaver1965 wrote:I don't see anybody commenting on the fact that Brennan says Booth is past his Prime. Oh I forgot, she doesn't mean it that way. She would never be mean to him on purpose. YEAH RIGHT!!!

I took that quote from Brennan to be more of a comment on how a man's sexual prime is 18-25 (I'm guesstimating) and Booth is obviously older than that, while a woman's sexual prime is mid-30ish (just one of the fun jokes nature plays on all of us), so technically these cougars are proper matches for the young studs.

Granted, it's still not something that's polite to verbalize, but Brennan's a blurter, which is totally in character. As a fellow blurter I always squirm/sympathize when she comes out with these things-I get how it happens, and then I worry that I sound exactly like that sometimes. It's almost instantaneous from the time it's thought to the time it comes flying out of my mouth completely unfiltered.

Maybe that's why I love Brennan/ED so much-I overidentfy.

jhi1005
Forensic Artist
Forensic Artist

Number of posts : 148
Registration date : 2010-04-07

Back to top Go down

Re: S6E06 "The Shallow in the Deep"

Post by Lo on Thu Sep 09, 2010 1:48 pm

I took Brennan's "past your prime" comment to simply be her comparing Booth to a young guy on the cruise..(simple comparison). She's a scientist, she tends to do that kind of thing. It's not meant to be a nasty cut at Booth, least not in her mind.
avatar
Lo
Doctor
Doctor

Number of posts : 683
Age : 29
Location : North Carolina (studying GMAT)
Say What You Want : Icon: tempertemper77 @ lj
Registration date : 2008-06-15

http://twitter.com/clairedietz

Back to top Go down

Re: S6E06 "The Shallow in the Deep"

Post by jro54 on Thu Sep 09, 2010 2:17 pm

I took Brennan's "past your prime" comment as simply commenting about how a man's sexual prime is 18-25 and Booth is obviously much older than that...but a woman's sexual prime is mid 30-ish. She's just making an observation...and even thought I don't think it's polite to verbalize something like that, I don't think purposely said that to hurt Booth, at least not in her mind.
avatar
jro54
Head of Forensics
Head of Forensics

Number of posts : 1740
Age : 27
Location : Flagstaff, Arizona
Say What You Want : No matter what happens and the twists and turns that this show takes, I will always be a Bones fan!!!! Bring it on Hart!!!!boxing
Registration date : 2010-03-25

Back to top Go down

Re: S6E06 "The Shallow in the Deep"

Post by bones fan 99 on Thu Sep 09, 2010 2:32 pm

Lo wrote:I took Brennan's "past your prime" comment to simply be her comparing Booth to a young guy on the cruise..(simple comparison). She's a scientist, she tends to do that kind of thing. It's not meant to be a nasty cut at Booth, least not in her mind.

yes yes yes

I took that quote from Brennan to be more of a comment on how a man's sexual prime is 18-25 (I'm guesstimating) and Booth is obviously older than that, while a woman's sexual prime is mid-30ish (just one of the fun jokes nature plays on all of us), so technically these cougars are proper matches for the young studs.

Granted, it's still not something that's polite to verbalize, but Brennan's a blurter, which is totally in character. As a fellow blurter I always squirm/sympathize when she comes out with these things-I get how it happens, and then I worry that I sound exactly like that sometimes. It's almost instantaneous from the time it's thought to the time it comes flying out of my mouth completely unfiltered.

Maybe that's why I love Brennan/ED so much-I overidentfy.

me too .... always have foot in mouth .....
avatar
bones fan 99
Doctor
Doctor

Number of posts : 621
Age : 38
Location : new zealand
Registration date : 2010-08-31

Back to top Go down

Re: S6E06 "The Shallow in the Deep"

Post by Evil Monkey on Thu Sep 09, 2010 4:11 pm

the beaver1965 wrote:I don't see anybody commenting on the fact that Brennan says Booth is past his Prime. Oh I forgot, she doesn't mean it that way. She would never be mean to him on purpose. YEAH RIGHT!!!

Again, did you actually READ the frakkin' sides and look at the CONTEXT or are you just making ASSUMPTIONS based on hearsay?
avatar
Evil Monkey
Squint
Squint

Number of posts : 75
Registration date : 2010-07-17

Back to top Go down

Re: S6E06 "The Shallow in the Deep"

Post by MI_Bonesgirl on Thu Sep 09, 2010 8:49 pm

She could be joking with him too, or she could be making an observation, she made a comment about his age in Dwarf in the Dirt too, And he was ok with her brutal honesty. We can't make assumptions based on written dialog from a script, there is no way to know how it will play out onscreen, or what the tone of the conversation is.
Booth knows how literal and honest Brennan is, and he loves that about her. He could get annoyed at her, but he knows how she is and he can handle it.
avatar
MI_Bonesgirl
Head of Forensics
Head of Forensics

Number of posts : 1147
Age : 39
Location : Michigan
Say What You Want : Onward and Upward, Season 6!!!
Registration date : 2010-03-23

Back to top Go down

Re: S6E06 "The Shallow in the Deep"

Post by crzy4bones on Thu Sep 09, 2010 9:09 pm

Evil Monkey wrote:
the beaver1965 wrote:I don't see anybody commenting on the fact that Brennan says Booth is past his Prime. Oh I forgot, she doesn't mean it that way. She would never be mean to him on purpose. YEAH RIGHT!!!

Again, did you actually READ the frakkin' sides and look at the CONTEXT or are you just making ASSUMPTIONS based on hearsay?

All the sides, by their very nature, are out of context so everyone is reading them that way. We don't know what the conversation Booth and Brennan were having was before she made the comment. So all of the discussions on any of the sides are made using ASSUMPTIONS based on hearsay and open to everyone's interpretation. Heck, even if we had the WHOLE script it would still be that way because as you have seen on other threads, there are differences of opinion about meanings of scenes and lines in already seen episodes.

And back to Brennan's comments....maybe if she had stopped at the "past the prime" thing when Booth protested I could buy the whole "it's not directed directly at Booth"...but NOOOOO....she added the "your discs are degenerating" comment...just dig that knife right in there Brennan and twist. For someone with a supposedly steep learning curve, she certainly is slow to learn....you'd think after all these years of "blurting" out crap like that and seeing how it hurts Booth, she'd learn not to do that...she doesn't even go back to qualify her statement with the whole "anthropologically, men are in their prime between 18-25" stuff, nope, she just takes the jab about his discs, never even apologizes, and then moves on to flirt with the Boy Toy...

As for the FBI job description, agents are required to be in top physical condition and I read somewhere that field agents are taken out of the field when they turn 57. I'm not sure where they got that number from, seems random to me, but whatever...it's the Federal Govt so who knows.

crzy4bones
Doctor
Doctor

Number of posts : 586
Age : 49
Location : Virginia Beach, VA
Registration date : 2010-04-23

Back to top Go down

Re: S6E06 "The Shallow in the Deep"

Post by treble21 on Thu Sep 09, 2010 9:12 pm

his discs are degenerating. he has back issues, it's been established on the show, so I'm not sure what about that comment is insulting.
avatar
treble21
Therapist
Therapist

Number of posts : 4680
Age : 38
Location : Ontario Canada
Say What You Want : I'm gonna miss the ABY.
Registration date : 2009-07-26

Back to top Go down

Re: S6E06 "The Shallow in the Deep"

Post by the beaver1965 on Thu Sep 09, 2010 11:29 pm

Although Booth does have back issues, He is STILL one the best FBI agents they have. The people who he reports to, don't seem to think he is past his prime. That comment she made has nothing to do with anything concerning his back. She was flat out talking about his SEXUAL PRIME. Well, guess what, it doesn't seem to bother this Hot Sexy babe that he is hitting on, while Brennan is robbing the cradle to satisfy her so called biological urges. BRENNANS LOSS BIG BIG TIME.

the beaver1965
Forensic Artist
Forensic Artist

Number of posts : 209
Registration date : 2009-09-24

Back to top Go down

Re: S6E06 "The Shallow in the Deep"

Post by treble21 on Thu Sep 09, 2010 11:31 pm

ummm what do degenerating discs have to do with his sexual prime?
avatar
treble21
Therapist
Therapist

Number of posts : 4680
Age : 38
Location : Ontario Canada
Say What You Want : I'm gonna miss the ABY.
Registration date : 2009-07-26

Back to top Go down

Re: S6E06 "The Shallow in the Deep"

Post by the beaver1965 on Thu Sep 09, 2010 11:42 pm

HAHA Nothing at all and fortunately for Booth other parts of his body work perfectly fine.

the beaver1965
Forensic Artist
Forensic Artist

Number of posts : 209
Registration date : 2009-09-24

Back to top Go down

Re: S6E06 "The Shallow in the Deep"

Post by treble21 on Thu Sep 09, 2010 11:42 pm

LOL yeah I'm sure they do heybaby
avatar
treble21
Therapist
Therapist

Number of posts : 4680
Age : 38
Location : Ontario Canada
Say What You Want : I'm gonna miss the ABY.
Registration date : 2009-07-26

Back to top Go down

Re: S6E06 "The Shallow in the Deep"

Post by the beaver1965 on Thu Sep 09, 2010 11:45 pm

God, I can't believe we finally agree on something. LOL!!!

the beaver1965
Forensic Artist
Forensic Artist

Number of posts : 209
Registration date : 2009-09-24

Back to top Go down

Re: S6E06 "The Shallow in the Deep"

Post by treble21 on Thu Sep 09, 2010 11:51 pm

It's a day to mark on the calendar LOL We will always agree that we LOVE Booth.
avatar
treble21
Therapist
Therapist

Number of posts : 4680
Age : 38
Location : Ontario Canada
Say What You Want : I'm gonna miss the ABY.
Registration date : 2009-07-26

Back to top Go down

Re: S6E06 "The Shallow in the Deep"

Post by mereva on Thu Sep 09, 2010 11:52 pm

the beaver1965 wrote:HAHA Nothing at all and fortunately for Booth other parts of his body work perfectly fine.

Well.. THAT you don't know! [Only admins are allowed to see this image]
Maybe that's exactly why he heeds a blonde bimbo: to show to the whole world (but mostly to himself) that he still can do it, even though the best times are gone long time ago?.. That's what lots of men do during the midlife crisis... [Only admins are allowed to see this image] Ok, don't get angry, I'm only kidding. Because I still hope that he and Brennan will get together before he'll need those walkers and viagra. [Only admins are allowed to see this image]
avatar
mereva
Head of Forensics
Head of Forensics

Number of posts : 1841
Age : 115
Say What You Want : I'm frustrated and very annoyed by HH's 'brilliant ideas'.
All the credits for my avatar go to christinaof94 from LJ.
Registration date : 2008-06-15

Back to top Go down

Re: S6E06 "The Shallow in the Deep"

Post by the beaver1965 on Fri Sep 10, 2010 12:07 am

You know what Treble, you are so right. It is absolutely ridiculous to love a fictional character like BOOTH so much. I can't help it. My hubby thinks I am goofy.

the beaver1965
Forensic Artist
Forensic Artist

Number of posts : 209
Registration date : 2009-09-24

Back to top Go down

Re: S6E06 "The Shallow in the Deep"

Post by jro54 on Fri Sep 10, 2010 4:59 am

crzy4bones wrote:
Evil Monkey wrote:
the beaver1965 wrote:I don't see anybody commenting on the fact that Brennan says Booth is past his Prime. Oh I forgot, she doesn't mean it that way. She would never be mean to him on purpose. YEAH RIGHT!!!

Again, did you actually READ the frakkin' sides and look at the CONTEXT or are you just making ASSUMPTIONS based on hearsay?

All the sides, by their very nature, are out of context so everyone is reading them that way. We don't know what the conversation Booth and Brennan were having was before she made the comment. So all of the discussions on any of the sides are made using ASSUMPTIONS based on hearsay and open to everyone's interpretation. Heck, even if we had the WHOLE script it would still be that way because as you have seen on other threads, there are differences of opinion about meanings of scenes and lines in already seen episodes.

And back to Brennan's comments....maybe if she had stopped at the "past the prime" thing when Booth protested I could buy the whole "it's not directed directly at Booth"...but NOOOOO....she added the "your discs are degenerating" comment...just dig that knife right in there Brennan and twist. For someone with a supposedly steep learning curve, she certainly is slow to learn....you'd think after all these years of "blurting" out crap like that and seeing how it hurts Booth, she'd learn not to do that...she doesn't even go back to qualify her statement with the whole "anthropologically, men are in their prime between 18-25" stuff, nope, she just takes the jab about his discs, never even apologizes, and then moves on to flirt with the Boy Toy...

As for the FBI job description, agents are required to be in top physical condition and I read somewhere that field agents are taken out of the field when they turn 57. I'm not sure where they got that number from, seems random to me, but whatever...it's the Federal Govt so who knows.

I don't see how this comment could be insulting. I don't think it's polite to verbalize something like that, but I don't think Brennan meant it like that.

...and Booth's discs are degenerating. He has back problems, which as already been established on the show.
avatar
jro54
Head of Forensics
Head of Forensics

Number of posts : 1740
Age : 27
Location : Flagstaff, Arizona
Say What You Want : No matter what happens and the twists and turns that this show takes, I will always be a Bones fan!!!! Bring it on Hart!!!!boxing
Registration date : 2010-03-25

Back to top Go down

Re: S6E06 "The Shallow in the Deep"

Post by jhi1005 on Fri Sep 10, 2010 5:04 am

the beaver1965 wrote:You know what Treble, you are so right. It is absolutely ridiculous to love a fictional character like BOOTH so much. I can't help it. My hubby thinks I am goofy.

Hey a fictional character never forgets to take out the garbage, fights for control of the remote and you never have to compromise on where to go to dinner with a fictional character either. That is kind of perfect Very Happy

jhi1005
Forensic Artist
Forensic Artist

Number of posts : 148
Registration date : 2010-04-07

Back to top Go down

Re: S6E06 "The Shallow in the Deep"

Post by Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 9 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top


 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum