David on Regis and Kelly 09/09/10

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: David on Regis and Kelly 09/09/10

Post by treble21 on Fri Sep 10, 2010 3:04 am

SnoopGirl wrote:
MI_Bonesgirl wrote:Here's video of the clip

[Only admins are allowed to see this link]
Thank you!
Why did she have to say: "You mean did I have sex with anyone?" She has met Booth, he is someone special and she hasn't had sex with him (yet). [Only admins are allowed to see this image]
And Booth with "As serious as a heart attack." [Only admins are allowed to see this image] [Only admins are allowed to see this image]
Like WHO says that? [Only admins are allowed to see this image] Not me or anyone I know.

That's what he was getting at though right? I mean it's not like he thought that Brennan all of sudden met some guy and totally changed her mind about being in love. In fact it would be worse if she had. from Booth's perspective, based on what Brennan has said, she can't be that person, so when he's asking about "someone special" he doesn't mean did she find someone she fell in love with, he means did you have sex with anyone? That's why he answers with the comment about how he missed how direct she is.
avatar
treble21
Therapist
Therapist

Number of posts : 4680
Age : 38
Location : Ontario Canada
Say What You Want : I'm gonna miss the ABY.
Registration date : 2009-07-26

Back to top Go down

Re: David on Regis and Kelly 09/09/10

Post by treble21 on Fri Sep 10, 2010 3:05 am

MI_Bonesgirl wrote:
SnoopGirl wrote:
MI_Bonesgirl wrote:Here's video of the clip

[Only admins are allowed to see this link]
Thank you!
Why did she have to say: "You mean did I have sex with anyone?" She has met Booth, he is someone special and she hasn't had sex with him (yet). [Only admins are allowed to see this image]
And Booth with "As serious as a heart attack." [Only admins are allowed to see this image] [Only admins are allowed to see this image]
Like WHO says that? [Only admins are allowed to see this image] Not me or anyone I know.

Because it's the same group of people who are responsible for the last 2 minutes of the 100th, and the S5 finale? Who knows? All I know is that I died a little bit with that serious as a heart attack line. pale I was not expecting that at all...

yeah it kinda hurt the heart a little. I've been avoiding rewatching. maybe I'll rewatch when I'm not sick and emotional.
avatar
treble21
Therapist
Therapist

Number of posts : 4680
Age : 38
Location : Ontario Canada
Say What You Want : I'm gonna miss the ABY.
Registration date : 2009-07-26

Back to top Go down

Re: David on Regis and Kelly 09/09/10

Post by Manjachka on Fri Sep 10, 2010 3:07 am

[Only admins are allowed to see this link]
avatar
Manjachka
Forensic Artist
Forensic Artist

Number of posts : 125
Say What You Want : Booth/DB team
I love Booth/Hannah
Registration date : 2010-04-18

Back to top Go down

Re: David on Regis and Kelly 09/09/10

Post by treble21 on Fri Sep 10, 2010 3:08 am

Manjachka wrote:[Only admins are allowed to see this link]

Thank-you! Hey guys here is the whole R&K interview.
avatar
treble21
Therapist
Therapist

Number of posts : 4680
Age : 38
Location : Ontario Canada
Say What You Want : I'm gonna miss the ABY.
Registration date : 2009-07-26

Back to top Go down

Re: David on Regis and Kelly 09/09/10

Post by MI_Bonesgirl on Fri Sep 10, 2010 3:10 am

treble21 wrote:
MI_Bonesgirl wrote:
SnoopGirl wrote:
MI_Bonesgirl wrote:Here's video of the clip

[Only admins are allowed to see this link]
Thank you!
Why did she have to say: "You mean did I have sex with anyone?" She has met Booth, he is someone special and she hasn't had sex with him (yet). [Only admins are allowed to see this image]
And Booth with "As serious as a heart attack." [Only admins are allowed to see this image] [Only admins are allowed to see this image]
Like WHO says that? [Only admins are allowed to see this image] Not me or anyone I know.

Because it's the same group of people who are responsible for the last 2 minutes of the 100th, and the S5 finale? Who knows? All I know is that I died a little bit with that serious as a heart attack line. pale I was not expecting that at all...

yeah it kinda hurt the heart a little. I've been avoiding rewatching. maybe I'll rewatch when I'm not sick and emotional.

I knew he would be upfront about Hannah, but I just wasn't expecting THAT.
avatar
MI_Bonesgirl
Head of Forensics
Head of Forensics

Number of posts : 1147
Age : 39
Location : Michigan
Say What You Want : Onward and Upward, Season 6!!!
Registration date : 2010-03-23

Back to top Go down

Re: David on Regis and Kelly 09/09/10

Post by Lo on Fri Sep 10, 2010 3:17 am

I saw nothing wrong with it really (the scene). I don't personally say "serious as a heart attack" but a lot of people I know do. Mainly my friends.
avatar
Lo
Doctor
Doctor

Number of posts : 683
Age : 29
Location : North Carolina (studying GMAT)
Say What You Want : Icon: tempertemper77 @ lj
Registration date : 2008-06-15

http://twitter.com/clairedietz

Back to top Go down

Re: David on Regis and Kelly 09/09/10

Post by SnoopGirl on Fri Sep 10, 2010 3:18 am

I knew he would be upfront about Hannah, but I just wasn't expecting THAT.
I too was very surprised he said that as well. Guess that is why I didn't like what he said.

SnoopGirl
Deputy Director
Deputy Director

Number of posts : 9669
Age : 48
Location : Oakville, ON (Canada)
Say What You Want : Snoop I love you DB's Smile Smile


Registration date : 2008-06-03

Back to top Go down

Re: David on Regis and Kelly 09/09/10

Post by jhi1005 on Fri Sep 10, 2010 3:42 am

SnoopGirl wrote:
I knew he would be upfront about Hannah, but I just wasn't expecting THAT.
I too was very surprised he said that as well. Guess that is why I didn't like what he said.

I know that SN has talked about how Booth has moved on but that things may change once he's back around Brennan, but from all of the clips and spoilers I've seen, this seems like Booth considers this a really serious relationship, and I guess my question is-how are they going to play this out in a way that ultimately furthers the B&B relationship?

I guess my thoughts are, if he's so serious about this relationship then it would seem strange to have him so quickly having doubts, like it wasn't really as serious as he made it out to be, which IMO, doesn't fit with Booth's character as we've seen so far.

And then, as we've endlessly debated, how is Brennan to take Booth seriously if he does decide that she's the one instead of Hannah, if he's been so open about his commitment to Hannah and then changes his mind?

This is the first time where I'm starting to doubt if "eventually" IS coming...it just seems like every sign points to it not happening.

Please forgive the pessimism (and feel free to disagree), but for some reason this clip more than any other got to me.

New mantra: It's just a TV show, it's just a TV show, it's just a TV show

jhi1005
Forensic Artist
Forensic Artist

Number of posts : 148
Registration date : 2010-04-07

Back to top Go down

Re: David on Regis and Kelly 09/09/10

Post by treble21 on Fri Sep 10, 2010 3:47 am

Eventually IS coming well...eventually. But I see why you'd be thinking that it's not at this point
avatar
treble21
Therapist
Therapist

Number of posts : 4680
Age : 38
Location : Ontario Canada
Say What You Want : I'm gonna miss the ABY.
Registration date : 2009-07-26

Back to top Go down

Re: David on Regis and Kelly 09/09/10

Post by katharine on Fri Sep 10, 2010 3:48 am

treble21 wrote:Honestly? I say it.

Yep, I've said it before too. Nothing new to me, either. I also think something is going to come after that line.
And remember, I can't recall what episode, but Brennan made that comment also. Well she screwed it up and said as serious as well I can't remember right now with out searching, but Booth corrected her to say that same line, as serious as a heart attack. Maybe that's why he said that now.

My only wonder (concern) is that in every interview David gives, IMO, you can tell that he is completely comfortable with the progression of their relationship. I know we can't always "trust" what he says, but he has never (in my recollection) changed his impression of their relationship. He always says, they are in a relationship, and it is always moving to the next level. I agree with that, but I think all of us fans want that next level now and folks, if DB has his way I don't see it coming any time soon.
I think a lot of people on here have expressed that they think Emily is a shipper and wants their romance. I wonder who has more clout on the set, I think I know, but not gonna open up that can of worms.

katharine
Agent
Agent

Number of posts : 423
Location : I live in the South, but my heart is up North
Registration date : 2010-04-09

Back to top Go down

Re: David on Regis and Kelly 09/09/10

Post by treble21 on Fri Sep 10, 2010 3:50 am

There is definitely more after that line, they show some clips with no audio during the fox and friends interview and they show B/B get up to go and Brennan seems to go in the wrong direction and Booth stops her .
avatar
treble21
Therapist
Therapist

Number of posts : 4680
Age : 38
Location : Ontario Canada
Say What You Want : I'm gonna miss the ABY.
Registration date : 2009-07-26

Back to top Go down

Re: David on Regis and Kelly 09/09/10

Post by jhi1005 on Fri Sep 10, 2010 4:12 am

treble21 wrote:Eventually IS coming well...eventually. But I see why you'd be thinking that it's not at this point

Is is just me, or is it kind of weird that every clip we've seen so far relating to Booth and Hannah seems designed to cast doubt on B&B?

Doesn't seem like the soundest marketing strategy to me, but then again this may be why I am in HR and the promo people are in the business of promos-I have no idea what makes a good promo, I just know what I like.

jhi1005
Forensic Artist
Forensic Artist

Number of posts : 148
Registration date : 2010-04-07

Back to top Go down

Re: David on Regis and Kelly 09/09/10

Post by mereva on Fri Sep 10, 2010 4:17 am

jhi1005 wrote:I guess my thoughts are, if he's so serious about this relationship then it would seem strange to have him so quickly having doubts, like it wasn't really as serious as he made it out to be, which IMO, doesn't fit with Booth's character as we've seen so far.

And then, as we've endlessly debated, how is Brennan to take Booth seriously if he does decide that she's the one instead of Hannah, if he's been so open about his commitment to Hannah and then changes his mind?
Unfortunately, they wrote Booth in the most unpleasant way: he makes only quick decisions starting from 100th ep. How long did he need to decide that he has to move on? 2 minutes? Or even though he knew from the very beginning that he's "the one" for Brennan, he came back shortly after with another relationship that's "serious as a heart attack"? That's NOT the Booth we saw for almost 5 years. And that was especially annoying because during the whole 5th season the authors made BB come closer and closer to actually being together, but it was blown away by the last 3 minutes of 100th ep and all the following ones.
At this point I want to emphasize that I'm not angry with Booth, but I'm very disappointed by the writers. Do they really think they could drag it this way by every renewing of the show for the next season(s)? That's lame. They surely could do better.

And... I just tell you, if I was Brennan, I wouldn't trust his feelings for me, because he changes them so easily. (Yet again, that's all writers' fault, they developed the character this way.)
avatar
mereva
Head of Forensics
Head of Forensics

Number of posts : 1841
Age : 115
Say What You Want : I'm frustrated and very annoyed by HH's 'brilliant ideas'.
All the credits for my avatar go to christinaof94 from LJ.
Registration date : 2008-06-15

Back to top Go down

Re: David on Regis and Kelly 09/09/10

Post by MI_Bonesgirl on Fri Sep 10, 2010 4:18 am

jhi1005 wrote:
treble21 wrote:Eventually IS coming well...eventually. But I see why you'd be thinking that it's not at this point

Is is just me, or is it kind of weird that every clip we've seen so far relating to Booth and Hannah seems designed to cast doubt on B&B?

Doesn't seem like the soundest marketing strategy to me, but then again this may be why I am in HR and the promo people are in the business of promos-I have no idea what makes a good promo, I just know what I like.

Yeah-it seems they are really pushing this Hannah thing. Maybe they are doing a 360 and backing off the B&B romance wagon and turning them back to strictly friends and partners....
I have been going back ot what SN said about how Booth wasn't expecting Hannah to go to DC...Well that has been brought to light with the promos, the relationship was serious, and she took the job in DC because she didn't like waking up alone. I thought they would play it off as it was just a fling and nothing serious. Apparently that isn't the case. This is gonna suck more than I originally thought.... pale
avatar
MI_Bonesgirl
Head of Forensics
Head of Forensics

Number of posts : 1147
Age : 39
Location : Michigan
Say What You Want : Onward and Upward, Season 6!!!
Registration date : 2010-03-23

Back to top Go down

Re: David on Regis and Kelly 09/09/10

Post by crzy4bones on Fri Sep 10, 2010 4:25 am


And remember, I can't recall what episode, but Brennan made that comment also. Well she screwed it up and said as serious as well I can't remember right now with out searching, but Booth corrected her to say that same line, as serious as a heart attack. Maybe that's why he said that now.

She says "as serious as a gas attack". I don't remember what the episode was but I remember the line.

My only wonder (concern) is that in every interview David gives, IMO, you can tell that he is completely comfortable with the progression of their relationship. I know we can't always "trust" what he says, but he has never (in my recollection) changed his impression of their relationship. He always says, they are in a relationship, and it is always moving to the next level. I agree with that, but I think all of us fans want that next level now and folks, if DB has his way I don't see it coming any time soon.

Yes, David does seem completely comfortable with the progression but is that really a bad thing just because it isn't moving fast enough for you or a section of the fandom?

I think a lot of people on here have expressed that they think Emily is a shipper and wants their romance. I wonder who has more clout on the set, I think I know, but not gonna open up that can of worms.

They are both shippers...but I also haven't seen anything from Emily where she differs in her opinion of the progression of the relationship from David. She has never seem upset with the fact that Brennan hasn't fallen for Booth yet. I also don't think that either one of them has more clout than the other, because I think in the end, it's HH, SN and the other executive producers as well as Fox who decides the progression. The producer that you need to worry about torpedoing B&B seems to be Kathy Reichs, not David...

crzy4bones
Doctor
Doctor

Number of posts : 586
Age : 49
Location : Virginia Beach, VA
Registration date : 2010-04-23

Back to top Go down

Re: David on Regis and Kelly 09/09/10

Post by joybrennan on Fri Sep 10, 2010 4:25 am

treble21 wrote:
SnoopGirl wrote:
MI_Bonesgirl wrote:Here's video of the clip

[Only admins are allowed to see this link]
Thank you!
Why did she have to say: "You mean did I have sex with anyone?" She has met Booth, he is someone special and she hasn't had sex with him (yet). [Only admins are allowed to see this image]
And Booth with "As serious as a heart attack." [Only admins are allowed to see this image] [Only admins are allowed to see this image]
Like WHO says that? [Only admins are allowed to see this image] Not me or anyone I know.


That's what he was getting at though right? I mean it's not like he thought that Brennan all of sudden met some guy and totally changed her mind about being in love. In fact it would be worse if she had. from Booth's perspective, based on what Brennan has said, she can't be that person, so when he's asking about "someone special" he doesn't mean did she find someone she fell in love with, he means did you have sex with anyone? That's why he answers with the comment about how he missed how direct she is.

@ treble21 - BINGO BABY! Laughing Also, for her - BOOTH is someone special, so the question is illogical - unless it means "did you have sex with someone." Which, was what he was asking.
And yeah - just reading about the entire scene makes me want to either puke or Sad - I'm glad she walks away. I am SO not watching this. No I think TPTB need to be shoot
avatar
joybrennan
Head of Forensics
Head of Forensics

Number of posts : 1532
Age : 42
Location : NYC
Say What You Want : I like to see the roller-coaster before I get on it. I mean, how many loops are we talking here?
Registration date : 2010-03-07

Back to top Go down

Re: David on Regis and Kelly 09/09/10

Post by mereva on Fri Sep 10, 2010 4:39 am

@ joybrennan I've an advice: don't watch it if you didn't yet. [Only admins are allowed to see this image] It almost gave me a coronary, no kidding. [Only admins are allowed to see this image] From now on I won't watch another promos, too, because when I just read about SOB or Booth speaking about her without seeing it on screen, it doesn't disturb me that much. It makes me sad, angry, annoyed... yes, sure. But it doesn't hurt physically, only mentally.
(And here I want to give my big thanks to another board members who describe everything so thoroughly.)
avatar
mereva
Head of Forensics
Head of Forensics

Number of posts : 1841
Age : 115
Say What You Want : I'm frustrated and very annoyed by HH's 'brilliant ideas'.
All the credits for my avatar go to christinaof94 from LJ.
Registration date : 2008-06-15

Back to top Go down

Re: David on Regis and Kelly 09/09/10

Post by treble21 on Fri Sep 10, 2010 4:39 am

Joy just to clarify it's doesn't seem like she walks away because she's angry, it just looked like she thought they were going somewhere else.
avatar
treble21
Therapist
Therapist

Number of posts : 4680
Age : 38
Location : Ontario Canada
Say What You Want : I'm gonna miss the ABY.
Registration date : 2009-07-26

Back to top Go down

Re: David on Regis and Kelly 09/09/10

Post by crzy4bones on Fri Sep 10, 2010 4:43 am

joybrennan wrote:
treble21 wrote:That's what he was getting at though right? I mean it's not like he thought that Brennan all of sudden met some guy and totally changed her mind about being in love. In fact it would be worse if she had. from Booth's perspective, based on what Brennan has said, she can't be that person, so when he's asking about "someone special" he doesn't mean did she find someone she fell in love with, he means did you have sex with anyone? That's why he answers with the comment about how he missed how direct she is.

@ treble21 - BINGO BABY! Laughing Also, for her - BOOTH is someone special, so the question is illogical - unless it means "did you have sex with someone." Which, was what he was asking.
And yeah - just reading about the entire scene makes me want to either puke or Sad - I'm glad she walks away. I am SO not watching this. No I think TPTB need to be shoot

yeah, that's what he was getting at because he knows, because she's told him, that to her "someone special" is just someone she sleeps with. Even with Sully, she told him that he was just a fling.

and remember Booth is thinking that to her, he isn't someone special..he's just someone who is only good for a working relationship. Everything she told him after his declaration is that all she wants to do is work with him. Even during the one episode she tells him that their work relationship is important to her, and then not long after, by ditching him for the dig, she pretty much tells him that even that isn't all that important to her.

crzy4bones
Doctor
Doctor

Number of posts : 586
Age : 49
Location : Virginia Beach, VA
Registration date : 2010-04-23

Back to top Go down

Re: David on Regis and Kelly 09/09/10

Post by crzy4bones on Fri Sep 10, 2010 4:45 am

treble21 wrote:Joy just to clarify it's doesn't seem like she walks away because she's angry, it just looked like she thought they were going somewhere else.

Yeah..it looks like they talk a bit after the heart attack comment then they stand up to leave and as she heads one way it looks like he might ask her "where you going" and she answers him...because it looks like she points one way...maybe she says she's going to find Cam or something...maybe he thinks they are going to go eat, because it seems like that is all he ever wants to do and he's probably wanting some real food. LOL!

crzy4bones
Doctor
Doctor

Number of posts : 586
Age : 49
Location : Virginia Beach, VA
Registration date : 2010-04-23

Back to top Go down

Re: David on Regis and Kelly 09/09/10

Post by jro54 on Fri Sep 10, 2010 4:46 am

I dont know Im going to get through this. I know Hannah is going to leave eventually, but I just dont know how much Booth/Hannah lovey dovey crap and Booth boasting about his new relationship-showing off pics of her on his cell. If what SN is true-about Booth coming back thinking hes moved on, but hell realizes that he hasnt really moved on, than he better start to show some cracks BEFORE Hannah leaves. How are we supposed to believe that hes having second thoughts when hes in love with Hannah? What is Brennan going to think? What is she going to think when Booth gives his, I dont love Hannah, I love you, speech? Shes not going to believe that hes in love with her, so shes not going to pursue him if she thinks hes in love with someone else-then Booths going to come out looking like the biggest douche bag ever and hell have to get Brennan to trust him again.

avatar
jro54
Head of Forensics
Head of Forensics

Number of posts : 1740
Age : 27
Location : Flagstaff, Arizona
Say What You Want : No matter what happens and the twists and turns that this show takes, I will always be a Bones fan!!!! Bring it on Hart!!!!boxing
Registration date : 2010-03-25

Back to top Go down

Re: David on Regis and Kelly 09/09/10

Post by joybrennan on Fri Sep 10, 2010 4:54 am

crzy4bones wrote:

And remember, I can't recall what episode, but Brennan made that comment also. Well she screwed it up and said as serious as well I can't remember right now with out searching, but Booth corrected her to say that same line, as serious as a heart attack. Maybe that's why he said that now.

She says "as serious as a gas attack". I don't remember what the episode was but I remember the line.

My only wonder (concern) is that in every interview David gives, IMO, you can tell that he is completely comfortable with the progression of their relationship. I know we can't always "trust" what he says, but he has never (in my recollection) changed his impression of their relationship. He always says, they are in a relationship, and it is always moving to the next level. I agree with that, but I think all of us fans want that next level now and folks, if DB has his way I don't see it coming any time soon.

Yes, David does seem completely comfortable with the progression but is that really a bad thing just because it isn't moving fast enough for you or a section of the fandom?

I think a lot of people on here have expressed that they think Emily is a shipper and wants their romance. I wonder who has more clout on the set, I think I know, but not gonna open up that can of worms.

They are both shippers...but I also haven't seen anything from Emily where she differs in her opinion of the progression of the relationship from David. She has never seem upset with the fact that Brennan hasn't fallen for Booth yet. I also don't think that either one of them has more clout than the other, because I think in the end, it's HH, SN and the other executive producers as well as Fox who decides the progression. The producer that you need to worry about torpedoing B&B seems to be Kathy Reichs, not David...

David...has always been against them really getting together until the very end of the series. He once stated he thought the best series ending would be with them just walking hand in hand into the bedroom and closing the door. Emily IMO has been uncomfortable with the season six direction. She's pretty consistently NOT gone with the party line of B&B will get together soon. She's the only one who's said she doesn't know if Brennan will always be there for Booth. Probably because she sees the hypocrisy of that with the way things have been written. David is VERY annoying with his "Booth is trying to make Brennan jealous" crap. It makes Booth seem like a jerk - which isn't the Booth we've come to know and love. Seems more like the actor's. stuff rather than the way the character was originally conceived - and until recently, protrayed. The whole story story direction seems based on formulas and low expections of the shows audience. I find in insulting, actually, Mad which is why I'm not watching. Evil or Very Mad
avatar
joybrennan
Head of Forensics
Head of Forensics

Number of posts : 1532
Age : 42
Location : NYC
Say What You Want : I like to see the roller-coaster before I get on it. I mean, how many loops are we talking here?
Registration date : 2010-03-07

Back to top Go down

Re: David on Regis and Kelly 09/09/10

Post by MI_Bonesgirl on Fri Sep 10, 2010 5:23 am

crzy4bones wrote:
joybrennan wrote:
treble21 wrote:That's what he was getting at though right? I mean it's not like he thought that Brennan all of sudden met some guy and totally changed her mind about being in love. In fact it would be worse if she had. from Booth's perspective, based on what Brennan has said, she can't be that person, so when he's asking about "someone special" he doesn't mean did she find someone she fell in love with, he means did you have sex with anyone? That's why he answers with the comment about how he missed how direct she is.

@ treble21 - BINGO BABY! Laughing Also, for her - BOOTH is someone special, so the question is illogical - unless it means "did you have sex with someone." Which, was what he was asking.
And yeah - just reading about the entire scene makes me want to either puke or Sad - I'm glad she walks away. I am SO not watching this. No I think TPTB need to be shoot

yeah, that's what he was getting at because he knows, because she's told him, that to her "someone special" is just someone she sleeps with. Even with Sully, she told him that he was just a fling.

and remember Booth is thinking that to her, he isn't someone special..he's just someone who is only good for a working relationship. Everything she told him after his declaration is that all she wants to do is work with him. Even during the one episode she tells him that their work relationship is important to her, and then not long after, by ditching him for the dig, she pretty much tells him that even that isn't all that important to her.

This has only come to light since the 100th. Before that, there was nothing Brennan wouldn't do to help him. She WROTE THE BOOK that spurred his coma dream. She wanted his baby. She was jealous of him because he wanted to lose himself in someone and she didn't know how. Because of Booth, Brennan believes in love. Brennan looked at sex simply as a way to relieve biological urges. It is becasue of Booth that she hasn't had sex for 2 years. Brennan is the one who was accutely aware of her feelings and struggled with them daily. I'm not going to rehash the 100th, but everything she said to him, even though she rejected him, she said because she loves him. She may not have realized it was love, but it was. Even after she rejected him, she was concerned about his feelings. "Is this too hard for you", "is it ok to talk about this" Sure it was blunt and left us saying WTF-but it was in context with Brennan's social skills. I think the whole Hacker thing in Predator was because of Catfish. Booth had a date and Hacker was into Brennan, so she went with him. To keep her mind off of Booth. the only thing she could think about was Booth having sex with catfish. She was worried about their partnership. She told him not to be a hero when he went off to war. Booth knows he is special to her. Maybe he doesn't know just how special, but that look at the airport-when she was just about to cry....ANYONE could see how she was fighting with herself over her decision.
Everyone seems to dwell on Brennan rejecting Booth, without really looking at their history. Yes, I'm defending Brennan here, but I'm not saying she is innocent in this mess. They are both at fault for where they are. And to channel my inner Sweets-Who suffers?? We do. The audience.
avatar
MI_Bonesgirl
Head of Forensics
Head of Forensics

Number of posts : 1147
Age : 39
Location : Michigan
Say What You Want : Onward and Upward, Season 6!!!
Registration date : 2010-03-23

Back to top Go down

Re: David on Regis and Kelly 09/09/10

Post by jro54 on Fri Sep 10, 2010 5:36 am

MI_Bonesgirl wrote:
crzy4bones wrote:
joybrennan wrote:
treble21 wrote:That's what he was getting at though right? I mean it's not like he thought that Brennan all of sudden met some guy and totally changed her mind about being in love. In fact it would be worse if she had. from Booth's perspective, based on what Brennan has said, she can't be that person, so when he's asking about "someone special" he doesn't mean did she find someone she fell in love with, he means did you have sex with anyone? That's why he answers with the comment about how he missed how direct she is.

@ treble21 - BINGO BABY! Laughing Also, for her - BOOTH is someone special, so the question is illogical - unless it means "did you have sex with someone." Which, was what he was asking.
And yeah - just reading about the entire scene makes me want to either puke or Sad - I'm glad she walks away. I am SO not watching this. No I think TPTB need to be shoot

yeah, that's what he was getting at because he knows, because she's told him, that to her "someone special" is just someone she sleeps with. Even with Sully, she told him that he was just a fling.

and remember Booth is thinking that to her, he isn't someone special..he's just someone who is only good for a working relationship. Everything she told him after his declaration is that all she wants to do is work with him. Even during the one episode she tells him that their work relationship is important to her, and then not long after, by ditching him for the dig, she pretty much tells him that even that isn't all that important to her.

This has only come to light since the 100th. Before that, there was nothing Brennan wouldn't do to help him. She WROTE THE BOOK that spurred his coma dream. She wanted his baby. She was jealous of him because he wanted to lose himself in someone and she didn't know how. Because of Booth, Brennan believes in love. Brennan looked at sex simply as a way to relieve biological urges. It is becasue of Booth that she hasn't had sex for 2 years. Brennan is the one who was accutely aware of her feelings and struggled with them daily. I'm not going to rehash the 100th, but everything she said to him, even though she rejected him, she said because she loves him. She may not have realized it was love, but it was. Even after she rejected him, she was concerned about his feelings. "Is this too hard for you", "is it ok to talk about this" Sure it was blunt and left us saying WTF-but it was in context with Brennan's social skills. I think the whole Hacker thing in Predator was because of Catfish. Booth had a date and Hacker was into Brennan, so she went with him. To keep her mind off of Booth. the only thing she could think about was Booth having sex with catfish. She was worried about their partnership. She told him not to be a hero when he went off to war. Booth knows he is special to her. Maybe he doesn't know just how special, but that look at the airport-when she was just about to cry....ANYONE could see how she was fighting with herself over her decision.
Everyone seems to dwell on Brennan rejecting Booth, without really looking at their history. Yes, I'm defending Brennan here, but I'm not saying she is innocent in this mess. They are both at fault for where they are. And to channel my inner Sweets-Who suffers?? We do. The audience.

bowdown bowdown bowdown
avatar
jro54
Head of Forensics
Head of Forensics

Number of posts : 1740
Age : 27
Location : Flagstaff, Arizona
Say What You Want : No matter what happens and the twists and turns that this show takes, I will always be a Bones fan!!!! Bring it on Hart!!!!boxing
Registration date : 2010-03-25

Back to top Go down

Re: David on Regis and Kelly 09/09/10

Post by joybrennan on Fri Sep 10, 2010 5:51 am

MI_Bonesgirl wrote:
crzy4bones wrote:
joybrennan wrote:
treble21 wrote:That's what he was getting at though right? I mean it's not like he thought that Brennan all of sudden met some guy and totally changed her mind about being in love. In fact it would be worse if she had. from Booth's perspective, based on what Brennan has said, she can't be that person, so when he's asking about "someone special" he doesn't mean did she find someone she fell in love with, he means did you have sex with anyone? That's why he answers with the comment about how he missed how direct she is.

@ treble21 - BINGO BABY! Laughing Also, for her - BOOTH is someone special, so the question is illogical - unless it means "did you have sex with someone." Which, was what he was asking.
And yeah - just reading about the entire scene makes me want to either puke or Sad - I'm glad she walks away. I am SO not watching this. No I think TPTB need to be shoot

yeah, that's what he was getting at because he knows, because she's told him, that to her "someone special" is just someone she sleeps with. Even with Sully, she told him that he was just a fling.

and remember Booth is thinking that to her, he isn't someone special..he's just someone who is only good for a working relationship. Everything she told him after his declaration is that all she wants to do is work with him. Even during the one episode she tells him that their work relationship is important to her, and then not long after, by ditching him for the dig, she pretty much tells him that even that isn't all that important to her.

This has only come to light since the 100th. Before that, there was nothing Brennan wouldn't do to help him. She WROTE THE BOOK that spurred his coma dream. She wanted his baby. She was jealous of him because he wanted to lose himself in someone and she didn't know how. Because of Booth, Brennan believes in love. Brennan looked at sex simply as a way to relieve biological urges. It is becasue of Booth that she hasn't had sex for 2 years. Brennan is the one who was accutely aware of her feelings and struggled with them daily. I'm not going to rehash the 100th, but everything she said to him, even though she rejected him, she said because she loves him. She may not have realized it was love, but it was. Even after she rejected him, she was concerned about his feelings. "Is this too hard for you", "is it ok to talk about this" Sure it was blunt and left us saying WTF-but it was in context with Brennan's social skills. I think the whole Hacker thing in Predator was because of Catfish. Booth had a date and Hacker was into Brennan, so she went with him. To keep her mind off of Booth. the only thing she could think about was Booth having sex with catfish. She was worried about their partnership. She told him not to be a hero when he went off to war. Booth knows he is special to her. Maybe he doesn't know just how special, but that look at the airport-when she was just about to cry....ANYONE could see how she was fighting with herself over her decision.
Everyone seems to dwell on Brennan rejecting Booth, without really looking at their history. Yes, I'm defending Brennan here, but I'm not saying she is innocent in this mess. They are both at fault for where they are. And to channel my inner Sweets-Who suffers?? We do. The audience.

@ MI_Bonesgirl - bowdown bowdown bowdown hug
avatar
joybrennan
Head of Forensics
Head of Forensics

Number of posts : 1532
Age : 42
Location : NYC
Say What You Want : I like to see the roller-coaster before I get on it. I mean, how many loops are we talking here?
Registration date : 2010-03-07

Back to top Go down

Re: David on Regis and Kelly 09/09/10

Post by Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum