David on Regis and Kelly 09/09/10

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: David on Regis and Kelly 09/09/10

Post by jro54 on Fri Sep 10, 2010 6:57 am

I haven't seen this clip...because I'll probably brake tears, but did DB says that B&B were somehow going to become closer, even if some else is involved? Rolling Eyes
jro54
Head of Forensics
Head of Forensics

Number of posts : 1740
Say What You Want : No matter what happens and the twists and turns that this show takes, I will always be a Bones fan!!!! Bring it on Hart!!!!boxing
Registration date : 2010-03-25

Back to top Go down

Post by bones fan 99 on Fri Sep 10, 2010 6:59 am

Serious as a heart attack... Yep because think I just had one
bones fan 99
Doctor
Doctor

Number of posts : 621
Registration date : 2010-08-31

Back to top Go down

Post by MI_Bonesgirl on Fri Sep 10, 2010 7:02 am

jro54 wrote:I haven't seen this clip...because I'll probably brake tears, but did DB says that B&B were somehow going to become closer, even if some else is involved? Rolling Eyes

He skirted around it as usual. Something about they are going to the next level of being together without actually being together..... I don't know what that means. scratch
MI_Bonesgirl
Head of Forensics
Head of Forensics

Number of posts : 1147
Say What You Want : Onward and Upward, Season 6!!!
Registration date : 2010-03-23

Back to top Go down

Post by joybrennan on Fri Sep 10, 2010 7:10 am

jro54 wrote:I haven't seen this clip...because I'll probably brake tears, but did DB says that B&B were somehow going to become closer, even if some else is involved? Rolling Eyes

I'm sorry, but as hot as DB is to look at, I wish he'd just keep his stupid mouth shut. He is so full of it. Sometimes I swear he's just laughing at all his fans going thinking "How long are they gonna keep buying this Sh-T. Laughing " He DOESN'T WANT THEM TOGETHER - HE THINKS IT'S ALL ABOUT THE CHASE. [Only admins are allowed to see this link][Only admins are allowed to see this link]
joybrennan
Head of Forensics
Head of Forensics

Number of posts : 1532
Say What You Want : I like to see the roller-coaster before I get on it. I mean, how many loops are we talking here?
Registration date : 2010-03-07

Back to top Go down

Post by RubyRuby on Fri Sep 10, 2010 7:19 am

MI_Bonesgirl wrote:
crzy4bones wrote:
joybrennan wrote:
treble21 wrote:That's what he was getting at though right? I mean it's not like he thought that Brennan all of sudden met some guy and totally changed her mind about being in love. In fact it would be worse if she had. from Booth's perspective, based on what Brennan has said, she can't be that person, so when he's asking about "someone special" he doesn't mean did she find someone she fell in love with, he means did you have sex with anyone? That's why he answers with the comment about how he missed how direct she is.

@ treble21 - BINGO BABY! Laughing Also, for her - BOOTH is someone special, so the question is illogical - unless it means "did you have sex with someone." Which, was what he was asking.
And yeah - just reading about the entire scene makes me want to either puke or Sad - I'm glad she walks away. I am SO not watching this. No I think TPTB need to be shoot

yeah, that's what he was getting at because he knows, because she's told him, that to her "someone special" is just someone she sleeps with. Even with Sully, she told him that he was just a fling.

and remember Booth is thinking that to her, he isn't someone special..he's just someone who is only good for a working relationship. Everything she told him after his declaration is that all she wants to do is work with him. Even during the one episode she tells him that their work relationship is important to her, and then not long after, by ditching him for the dig, she pretty much tells him that even that isn't all that important to her.

This has only come to light since the 100th. Before that, there was nothing Brennan wouldn't do to help him. She WROTE THE BOOK that spurred his coma dream. She wanted his baby. She was jealous of him because he wanted to lose himself in someone and she didn't know how. Because of Booth, Brennan believes in love. Brennan looked at sex simply as a way to relieve biological urges. It is becasue of Booth that she hasn't had sex for 2 years. Brennan is the one who was accutely aware of her feelings and struggled with them daily. I'm not going to rehash the 100th, but everything she said to him, even though she rejected him, she said because she loves him. She may not have realized it was love, but it was. Even after she rejected him, she was concerned about his feelings. "Is this too hard for you", "is it ok to talk about this" Sure it was blunt and left us saying WTF-but it was in context with Brennan's social skills. I think the whole Hacker thing in Predator was because of Catfish. Booth had a date and Hacker was into Brennan, so she went with him. To keep her mind off of Booth. the only thing she could think about was Booth having sex with catfish. She was worried about their partnership. She told him not to be a hero when he went off to war. Booth knows he is special to her. Maybe he doesn't know just how special, but that look at the airport-when she was just about to cry....ANYONE could see how she was fighting with herself over her decision.
Everyone seems to dwell on Brennan rejecting Booth, without really looking at their history. Yes, I'm defending Brennan here, but I'm not saying she is innocent in this mess. They are both at fault for where they are. And to channel my inner Sweets-Who suffers?? We do. The audience.

hug Beautifully said.

And like joybrennan has said, Emily does not seem to like this storyline. She openly did not agree with David's comment, that everything will be OK and B&B will always be there for each other.

Upon advisement, I haven't watched. The summary made my heart hurt enough thanks. pale I'm going to need therapy, and I'm not even watching until Christmas. I need to stop torturing myself with morning dose of spoilers with my coffee.
RubyRuby
Agent
Agent

Number of posts : 451
Say What You Want : Credit goes to bones/tumblr for the beautiful banner. I do NOT support the SO storyline. Its an insult to wonderful characters and the talented actors who portray them.
Registration date : 2010-07-29

Back to top Go down

Post by jro54 on Fri Sep 10, 2010 7:27 am

joybrennan wrote:

I'm sorry, but as hot as DB is to look at, I wish he'd just keep his stupid mouth shut. He is so full of it. Sometimes I swear he's just laughing at all his fans going thinking "How long are they gonna keep buying this Sh-T. Laughing " He DOESN'T WANT THEM TOGETHER - HE THINKS IT'S ALL ABOUT THE CHASE. [Only admins are allowed to see this link][Only admins are allowed to see this link]

I'm not buying this S**T. As much I would love for some positive, I don't think I would even believe Hart or Stephen if they said that B&B would get together in the season finale...just that DB always say this kind of crap-like in in his Jimmy Kimmel interview couple days before the finale, he said something like, "B&B will be far apart at the beginning of season, but it will bring them closer together than ever before," (I'm paraphrasing) and he said the same thing at comic con...BUT I know better than to listen to DB.

Though if you think about it, they really aren't backing off from B&B's "pontential" romance and going back to friends/partners...because Brennan is going to realize her feelings for Booth and possibly realize that she doesn't just want to be friends/partners. Rolling Eyes
jro54
Head of Forensics
Head of Forensics

Say What You Want : No matter what happens and the twists and turns that this show takes, I will always be a Bones fan!!!! Bring it on Hart!!!!boxing

Back to top Go down

Post by MI_Bonesgirl on Fri Sep 10, 2010 7:37 am

Yeah. She realizes she loves him and he has a serious live in GF. So Brennan has no choice but to play the supportive BFF. She is going to realize what love is, only to be crushed. How does Brennan even start to get over this? Ugh.
MI_Bonesgirl
Head of Forensics
Head of Forensics

Back to top Go down

Post by RubyRuby on Fri Sep 10, 2010 7:45 am

jro54 wrote:
joybrennan wrote:

I'm not buying this S**T. As much I would love for some positive, I don't think I would even believe Hart or Stephen if they said that B&B would get together in the season finale...just that DB always say this kind of crap-like in in his Jimmy Kimmel interview couple days before the finale, he said something like, "B&B will be far apart at the beginning of season, but it will bring them closer together than ever before," (I'm paraphrasing) and he said the same thing at comic con...BUT I know better than to listen to DB.

Though if you think about it, they really aren't backing off from B&B's "pontential" romance and going back to friends/partners...because Brennan is going to realize her feelings for Booth and possibly realize that she doesn't just want to be friends/partners. Rolling Eyes

Ohhhh nononono, jro, you are amazing for your optimism, but right now I'm not feeling the B&B love. Not an iota of it. AND B&B is the NUMBER ONE reason I watch (besides the beautiful and talented ED & DB). If Booth and his Barbie are serious as a heart attack, they should just let them be together forever and ever!!! Because when Burley Barbie is out of the picture and he's falling for Brennan again,, and Brennan is thinking "Hold on a minute, I said I couldn't change. You said you knew (we were mean't to be) We went away. I realised everything I felt for you over the last years comes down to love. You came back and said your new relationship was serious as a heart attack. You were in love with her. Now she's gone, you're back to being in love with me....I don't know what that means!! Does it mean that if I screw up, you'll fall in love with someone else??? Does it mean that the person you love is interchangable??" I don't know if this Booth Clone, the writers have put on our screens, will even attempt to bother with Brennan's insecurities. He can just move on to another stacked blonde. Cue Perrota. Rolling Eyes

YES I AM VERY MAD!!!!
RubyRuby
Agent
Agent

Say What You Want : Credit goes to bones/tumblr for the beautiful banner. I do NOT support the SO storyline. Its an insult to wonderful characters and the talented actors who portray them.

Back to top Go down

Post by jro54 on Fri Sep 10, 2010 7:51 am

^I took Emily disagreeing with David as she didn't know how Brennan was going to feel once Hannah leaves. How is Brennan going to feel? She's just realizing that all those feelings she has felt for the last 6 years add up to her definition of love, but he's moved on and is apparently "happy" with Hannah. She's going to see that Booth and Hannah are happy together and from the what I've seen in the promos, it looks like Booth is trying to pull himself away emotionally from her-no more drinks or late night Thai food. I think Brennan will start to feel like Booth abandoned her in someway...and he will put her walls back up. I don't think she'll be jealous. I think she might be a little envious because Hannah wants what she has, but I'm not expecting any catfight or hair pulling. If she truly loves Booth- she will put his happiness in front her OWN. She has to accept Hannah, but she doesn't have like her.

Then, when Booth gives his, "I don't love Hannah, I love you," speech, she won't believe that he's in love with her... so he's going to have to prove his love for her and get her to trust him again (and she has to admit her feelings too)

As much as I wish they would just skip over the stuff that happens after Hannah leaves, I appreciate logic and consistancy (I'm very much like Brennan that way) I would like to see B&B really struggle with the aftermath of Hannah...(I'm not one of those Brennan-haters who think she should have the table turned on her) but I would like to see Brennan really struggle with her feelings-like try act all happy for Booth/Hannah and then have some girl-talk with Angela.
jro54
Head of Forensics
Head of Forensics

Back to top Go down

Post by RubyRuby on Fri Sep 10, 2010 7:52 am

MI_Bonesgirl wrote:Yeah. She realizes she loves him and he has a serious live in GF. So Brennan has no choice but to play the supportive BFF. She is going to realize what love is, only to be crushed. How does Brennan even start to get over this? Ugh.

BINGO baby! I wouldn't be able to trust easily. I was thinking about how ED and others have said that Brennan's approach to Booth will change after the Brennan-centric episode. I don't think that means she's going to pursue him, after a big epiphany. I think before that, as ED has said,
Brennan comes back realising, and regretting. She struggles with her love for Booth, and wanting him to be happy. After this solve-her-own-murder episode, I think she'll just accept that she may have been too late, but that life must go on, and in order to be happy for him, she'll distance herself so that she can deal with it and Booth can find his happiness with someone else. That is just how I think she will approach him differently. She'll be ok with the fact that she loves him enough to just let him be happy.
RubyRuby
Agent
Agent

Back to top Go down

Post by recoveringbonesaddict on Fri Sep 10, 2010 8:02 am

jhi1005 wrote:
SnoopGirl wrote:
I knew he would be upfront about Hannah, but I just wasn't expecting THAT.
I too was very surprised he said that as well. Guess that is why I didn't like what he said.

I know that SN has talked about how Booth has moved on but that things may change once he's back around Brennan, but from all of the clips and spoilers I've seen, this seems like Booth considers this a really serious relationship, and I guess my question is-how are they going to play this out in a way that ultimately furthers the B&B relationship?

I guess my thoughts are, if he's so serious about this relationship then it would seem strange to have him so quickly having doubts, like it wasn't really as serious as he made it out to be, which IMO, doesn't fit with Booth's character as we've seen so far.

And then, as we've endlessly debated, how is Brennan to take Booth seriously if he does decide that she's the one instead of Hannah, if he's been so open about his commitment to Hannah and then changes his mind?

This is the first time where I'm starting to doubt if "eventually" IS coming...it just seems like every sign points to it not happening.

Please forgive the pessimism (and feel free to disagree), but for some reason this clip more than any other got to me.

New mantra: It's just a TV show, it's just a TV show, it's just a TV show

I'm having the same doubts, and this just furthers my belief that season 6 will not be the season where they get together. I can see this entire season culminating with a scene similar to the end of the 100 but maybe with a different outcome. Cut fade out and wait till season 7 (if there is any).

The only way I see a different scenario playing out is if the ratings take a nose dive which I can see happening because people are increasingly getting tired of the will they / wont they storyline. You can see it in this forum and in other sites: fans losing interest, fans skipping shows, fans rooting for Hannah, fans wanting better stories, fans demanding interesting cases, fans hating Booth, and fans hating Brennan. Before too long fans begin hating a show that they once loved.

recoveringbonesaddict
Forensic Artist
Forensic Artist

Number of posts : 186
Registration date : 2010-04-17

Back to top Go down

Post by joybrennan on Fri Sep 10, 2010 8:28 am

recoveringbonesaddict wrote:
jhi1005 wrote:
SnoopGirl wrote:
I too was very surprised he said that as well. Guess that is why I didn't like what he said.

I know that SN has talked about how Booth has moved on but that things may change once he's back around Brennan, but from all of the clips and spoilers I've seen, this seems like Booth considers this a really serious relationship, and I guess my question is-how are they going to play this out in a way that ultimately furthers the B&B relationship?

I guess my thoughts are, if he's so serious about this relationship then it would seem strange to have him so quickly having doubts, like it wasn't really as serious as he made it out to be, which IMO, doesn't fit with Booth's character as we've seen so far.

And then, as we've endlessly debated, how is Brennan to take Booth seriously if he does decide that she's the one instead of Hannah, if he's been so open about his commitment to Hannah and then changes his mind?

This is the first time where I'm starting to doubt if "eventually" IS coming...it just seems like every sign points to it not happening.

Please forgive the pessimism (and feel free to disagree), but for some reason this clip more than any other got to me.

I'm having the same doubts, and this just furthers my belief that season 6 will not be the season where they get together. I can see this entire season culminating with a scene similar to the end of the 100 but maybe with a different outcome. Cut fade out and wait till season 7 (if there is any).

The only way I see a different scenario playing out is if the ratings take a nose dive which I can see happening because people are increasingly getting tired of the will they / wont they storyline. You can see it in this forum and in other sites: fans losing interest, fans skipping shows, fans rooting for Hannah, fans wanting better stories, fans demanding interesting cases, fans hating Booth, and fans hating Brennan. Before too long fans begin hating a show that they once loved.

IT'S TRUE. A part of me hope the ratings completely tank and they get canceled - before the show becomes COMPLETELY unrecognizable. (It's pretty close to that now.) Then HH can do his (stupid) pre-planned ending (as opposed to growing with the characters Mad) THE OTHER PART OF ME - is hoping they tank JUST ENOUGH to scare TPTB and that we get a Christmas miracle. [Only admins are allowed to see this link]

It's possible we get that miracle - they seem a bit nervous already - with the changing promo pictures. Also, HH tweeted something about being relieved that TV Guide listed Bones as number 5 on the most anticipated fall premier list. He fails to realize that anticipation can be the kind you have when you're getting back a test which you KNOW that you failed. Razz
joybrennan
Head of Forensics
Head of Forensics

Say What You Want : I like to see the roller-coaster before I get on it. I mean, how many loops are we talking here?

Back to top Go down

Post by Lo on Fri Sep 10, 2010 8:42 am

Ahh I do not wish cancellation on HH or even bad ratings. I feel like it would be crappy if he abandoned his plan now. I've followed shows where they have to cut towards the ending because they have been threatened to be cancelled and the endings are much more horrible.

I'd rather be patient.
Lo
Doctor
Doctor

Number of posts : 683
Say What You Want : Icon: tempertemper77 @ lj
Registration date : 2008-06-15

http://twitter.com/clairedietz

Back to top Go down

Post by recoveringbonesaddict on Fri Sep 10, 2010 8:46 am

joybrennan wrote:
jhi1005 wrote:
SnoopGirl wrote:

IT'S TRUE. A part of me hope the ratings completely tank and they get canceled - before the show becomes COMPLETELY unrecognizable. (It's pretty close to that now.) Then HH can do his (stupid) pre-planned ending (as opposed to growing with the characters Mad) THE OTHER PART OF ME - is hoping they tank JUST ENOUGH to scare TPTB and that we get a Christmas miracle. [Only admins are allowed to see this link]

It's possible we get that miracle - they seem a bit nervous already - with the changing promo pictures. Also, HH tweeted something about being relieved that TV Guide listed Bones as number 5 on the most anticipated fall premier list. He fails to realize that anticipation can be the kind you have when you're getting back a test which you KNOW that you failed. Razz

Well if it does get cancel, the good thing is that people on TV will no longer talk about the "Moonlighting curse" (there was no such thing because in reality the cancellation was due to CS and BW hating each other and each pursuing movie careers), but a new curse will take its place which will benefit future shippers or current shippers (like Caskett shippers) -- "THE BONES CURSE". The new mantra on TV will be if you keep your leads apart for too long viewers will abandon your show.

Last edited by recoveringbonesaddict on Fri Sep 10, 2010 8:50 am; edited 1 time in total

recoveringbonesaddict
Forensic Artist
Forensic Artist

Back to top Go down

Post by jro54 on Fri Sep 10, 2010 8:49 am

^I'm kind of thinking the same thing too. I know it's horrible, but I kind of hope ratings will tank just enough to scare TPTB, so that they will reconsider the direction of the show. I imagine that the ratings for the premiere will be high, but the ratings will start to decrease...but I kind of think they already have. Suspect...with the changing promo pics and SN saying stuff like, "don't worry, she'll leave eventually"...so I would think that they would go with the six episodes that they already had written and then maybe have the reset of the reset. Episode 6 is supposed to air on Nov. 18th, so that means we get at least two more episodes before Christmas.
jro54
Head of Forensics
Head of Forensics

Back to top Go down

Post by treble21 on Fri Sep 10, 2010 8:54 am

No. what he says, when asked if B/B will get together, is " they already are together, just a different level" or something to that effect, then he changes the subject. He never really directly answers it.
treble21
Therapist
Therapist

Number of posts : 4680
Say What You Want : I'm gonna miss the ABY.
Registration date : 2009-07-26

Back to top Go down

Post by treble21 on Fri Sep 10, 2010 8:59 am

As much as I HATE this storyline I will never ever ever wish for the ratings to tank so bad the show gets cancelled even when Bones is terrible, I'd still rather watch that then any other show on TV.
treble21
Therapist
Therapist

Back to top Go down

Post by joybrennan on Fri Sep 10, 2010 9:07 am

joybrennan wrote:
jhi1005 wrote:
SnoopGirl wrote:

Well if it does get cancel, the good thing is that people on TV will no longer talk about the "Moonlighting curse" (there was no such thing because in reality the cancellation was due to CS and BW hating each other and each pursuing movie careers), but a new curse will take its place which will benefit future shippers or current shippers (like Caskett shippers) -- "THE BONES CURSE". The new mantra on TV will be if you keep your leads apart for too long viewers will abandon your show.

It would be great if SOMEONE in charge of things got that point!
joybrennan
Head of Forensics
Head of Forensics

Back to top Go down

Post by recoveringbonesaddict on Fri Sep 10, 2010 9:09 am

treble21 wrote:As much as I HATE this storyline I will never ever ever wish for the ratings to tank so bad the show gets cancelled even when Bones is terrible, I'd still rather watch that then any other show on TV.

Neither do I, but I honestly believe there is a huge disconnect between the show's producers (the crew) and the viewing audience about the future of the show. When such a disconnect is present, the audience must somehow send a message. So far our tweets and letters have not gotten through to TPTB, and the only other option is to stop watching.

Last edited by recoveringbonesaddict on Fri Sep 10, 2010 9:11 am; edited 1 time in total

recoveringbonesaddict
Forensic Artist
Forensic Artist

Back to top Go down

Post by RubyRuby on Fri Sep 10, 2010 9:10 am

joybrennan wrote:
joybrennan wrote:
jhi1005 wrote:
SnoopGirl wrote:

Yeah that may change HH's current "don't give a sh*t what you think, I'm the genius here" atitude.
RubyRuby
Agent
Agent

Back to top Go down

Post by MI_Bonesgirl on Fri Sep 10, 2010 9:20 am

But the problem with that is the only ratings they see come from households hooked up to hhe nielson system. If you aren't a nielson family it doesn't matter what you do or watch, TPTB won't see it. So basically we are screwed.
MI_Bonesgirl
Head of Forensics
Head of Forensics

Back to top Go down

Post by jro54 on Fri Sep 10, 2010 9:25 am

RubyRuby wrote:
joybrennan wrote:
joybrennan wrote:
jhi1005 wrote:
SnoopGirl wrote:

Yeah that may change HH's current "don't give a sh*t what you think, I'm the genius here" atitude.

Too be fair, Bones has been slowly losing it's magic since last season. I've been watching re-runs of season 1..and I keep wondering, "what the hell happened?" Hart has basically turned this into a sappy, soap opera. It seems like the first 2/3's of the season will only consist of Booth/Hannah lovey dovey crap and Brennan "pining" over him...so I wouldn't be surprised if the ratings drop a little bit...but I don't think Hart would really reconsider the direction unless the ratings took a nose dive.
jro54
Head of Forensics
Head of Forensics

Back to top Go down

Post by joybrennan on Fri Sep 10, 2010 9:29 am

MI_Bonesgirl wrote:But the problem with that is the only ratings they see come from households hooked up to hhe nielson system. If you aren't a nielson family it doesn't matter what you do or watch, TPTB won't see it. So basically we are screwed.
What makes you think the folks with the boxes aren't as annoyed as we are? Did you look at the ratings for the last few episodes of five? After the 100th THEY DROPPED. Even the finale was like 7.2 - where as at mid-season it was like 9-10. The folks who watch bones with a box aren't aliens. They know STUPID when they see it. Neutral
joybrennan
Head of Forensics
Head of Forensics

Back to top Go down

Post by MI_Bonesgirl on Fri Sep 10, 2010 9:30 am

RubyRuby wrote:
BINGO baby! I wouldn't be able to trust easily. I was thinking about how ED and others have said that Brennan's approach to Booth will change after the Brennan-centric episode. I don't think that means she's going to pursue him, after a big epiphany. I think before that, as ED has said,
Brennan comes back realising, and regretting. She struggles with her love for Booth, and wanting him to be happy. After this solve-her-own-murder episode, I think she'll just accept that she may have been too late, but that life must go on, and in order to be happy for him, she'll distance herself so that she can deal with it and Booth can find his happiness with someone else. That is just how I think she will approach him differently. She'll be ok with the fact that she loves him enough to just let him be happy.
I'm afraid you may be onto something here. Brennan has her epiphany, but she will keep it from Booth. All of us, or at least most of us, thought that might be he breakthrouh. But if Booth is still with Hannah and apparently "happy" Brenna. Could resolve herself to getting over him and movng on with her life
MI_Bonesgirl
Head of Forensics
Head of Forensics

Back to top Go down

Post by treble21 on Fri Sep 10, 2010 9:32 am

joybrennan wrote:
MI_Bonesgirl wrote:But the problem with that is the only ratings they see come from households hooked up to hhe nielson system. If you aren't a nielson family it doesn't matter what you do or watch, TPTB won't see it. So basically we are screwed.
What makes you think the folks with the boxes aren't as annoyed as we are? Did you look at the ratings for the last few episodes of five? After the 100th THEY DROPPED. Even the finale was like 7.2 - where as at mid-season it was like 9-10. The folks who watch bones with a box aren't aliens. They know STUPID when they see it. Neutral

I think the point was that if you aren't a nielson family it doesn't matter to the ratings if you watch or not.
treble21
Therapist
Therapist

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top