Maybe I'm completely nuts

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Maybe I'm completely nuts

Post by puckishbearscubsfan on Sat Sep 11, 2010 8:23 am

Okay there's no maybe about it Smile.

But what if Booth sees Hannah come to DC and feels almost like he has to make a go of it even though esp. as a few weeks go by he's just not into it.

He makes a go of it because being honorable he feels he has to.

And is kicking himself in his awesome butt because just when it appears Brennan might be ready for him he's tied up with Hannah.

He stays with Hannah because he almost feels he has to and perhaps she is the one to cry Uncle.

I actually hope Hannah is nice and the breakup is nice and even. Don't want Booth to go on a guilt trip and have him more messed up.

puckishbearscubsfan
Forensic Artist
Forensic Artist

Number of posts : 209
Registration date : 2009-10-12

Back to top Go down

Re: Maybe I'm completely nuts

Post by jro54 on Sat Sep 11, 2010 8:38 am

No, your not. We don't know what is going to happen. Personally, I think is actually more serious about moving on, than actually Hannah. Yes, he describes his relationship with Hannah as "serious as a heart attack,“ but it could also mean that he‘s actually more serious about just moving on, than actually Hannah. I just get this vibe that perhaps Booth isn’t all that serious about Hannah. I’m sure he’ll like her and he might even have feelings for her, but he is whole objective just about moving on, than just being with Hannah

I’m someone who appreciates logic and consistency…and even though this is a fictional TV show, it still drives me crazy when things don’t make sense. I remember SN talking about how Booth has moved on, but things will change when he’s around Brennan again and I’m like, “WTF? Booth can’t just get serious with Hannah and then just realize that he can’t move on”…but maybe it’s not Hannah that he is serious about? What if he’s more serious about just moving on from Brennan? He meets Hannah. He’s heat broken. They have a have a lot in common and they have instant chemistry…so he sort of forces himself to love her. When gets back to DC, whose the first person her sees? Brennan-the love of his life…so he tries to convince himself that he’s moved on, that his relationship good and stable. He brags about how happy he is and shows off pictures of her…but actually cares more about moving on in general, than his actual relationship with Hannah, which will ultimately, “torpedo” their relationship.

Personally, I always thought Booth was one of those guys who likes to take things slow. Just look at his relationships with Tessa, Cam and Catherine. With Tessa, we really don’t know how they have been dating for, but they did the whole “six stages” thing and she freaked out by “stage six.” I think he and Cam might have been serious the first time around, but the second time around, they were more just friends with benefits…and for all we know, he only went out on two dates with Catherine. He always been taking his relationships slow (or they were just casual) and he always been so discreet about them...and now he's moving in with some chick that he hardly knows and showing off pictures of her??? I know this makes Booth look like total douche bag, but it's the only possible logical scenario that I can come up with...otherwise it will drive me crazy of how can Booth possibly fall "in love" with Hannah, and then after she leaves, fall "in love" with Brennan.
jro54
Head of Forensics
Head of Forensics

Number of posts : 1740
Say What You Want : No matter what happens and the twists and turns that this show takes, I will always be a Bones fan!!!! Bring it on Hart!!!!boxing
Registration date : 2010-03-25

Back to top Go down

Post by jro54 on Sat Sep 11, 2010 8:43 am

...and maybe it's just me, but I find it odd that he shows her picture off to everyone and describes their relationship "as serious as a heart attack"...but when he actually sees her in the promo, he doesn't look all that happy. He looks like he's gonna crap his pants when she shows up at the diner and then when she goes to suck on his face, he kind of hesitates and makes a face like he doesn't want to kiss her, but he has to...that or unless I have completely lost my mind.
jro54
Head of Forensics
Head of Forensics

Say What You Want : No matter what happens and the twists and turns that this show takes, I will always be a Bones fan!!!! Bring it on Hart!!!!boxing

Back to top Go down

Post by SnoopGirl on Sat Sep 11, 2010 11:26 am

I think that the only reason Booth said "As serious as a heart attack" is due the reference made in an earlier episode. I don't think it really has any significance on how serious he is but just a phrase the writers wanted to use again. I just don't get the feeling from the scene that he is certain that he is "As serious as a heart attack" but wants Brennan to think that he is.
Just my two cents [Only admins are allowed to see this image]

SnoopGirl
Deputy Director
Deputy Director

Number of posts : 9669
Say What You Want : Snoop I love you DB's Smile Smile

Registration date : 2008-06-03

Back to top Go down

Post by katharine on Sat Sep 11, 2010 11:39 am

SnoopGirl wrote:I think that the only reason Booth said "As serious as a heart attack" is due the reference made in an earlier episode. I don't think it really has any significance on how serious he is but just a phrase the writers wanted to use again. I just don't get the feeling from the scene that he is certain that he is "As serious as a heart attack" but wants Brennan to think that he is.
Just my two cents [Only admins are allowed to see this image]

I agree with you, that's why I'm waiting for the lines that will follow that one.

katharine
Agent
Agent

Number of posts : 423
Registration date : 2010-04-09

Back to top Go down

Post by mommahurley on Sat Sep 11, 2010 1:00 pm

I think he's serious.

Or let me put it this way...I think he believes he's serious. I think he has just been in a war zone...intense, life and death situations...people describe coming back from war and actually mourning their friendships and the people they left behind....

I just think, that once he gets adjusted to his life back here...he will find that the intense feelings he had in that life and death situation, don't translate well back in the world...and then again...Bones is here...and faced with the comparisons...Hannah hasn't got a chance...but I do believe Booth will attempt to see it through with Hannah. He is honorable, and He wants a happily ever after...and Bones turned him down. We're going to have to accept it, and let it unfold. I think that in the end, he will realize that his feelings for Bones are still way too strong to settle for second best! Meanwhile Brennan is coming around... It could actually be very rewarding.

I've lived 54 years...and I've been married to the love of my life for 33 of those...Doesn't mean I haven't been intensely in love before... and that love does not diminish the love I have for my husband.

mommahurley
Agent
Agent

Number of posts : 311
Registration date : 2009-12-03

Back to top Go down

Post by jro54 on Sat Sep 11, 2010 1:40 pm

I don't think Booth is "in love" with Hannah. He just thinks he's "in love." No matter how HH&Co. spend this, he just can't fall in love with Hannah, and the when that doesn't work out, just fall in love with Brennan all over again. Personally, I think Booth is more "serious" about moving on, than actually Hannah. SN describes thise perfectly: He has forged himself a new life emotionally, all while Brennan wasn't around. He sort of forced himself to love Hannah....so he thinks that he's moved on and that he's "in love" with Hannah, but he slowly starts to realize that you can't make yourself fall in love with somebody. It doesn't work like that.
jro54
Head of Forensics
Head of Forensics

Back to top Go down

Post by bones fan 99 on Sat Sep 11, 2010 6:08 pm

mommahurley wrote:I think he's serious.

Or let me put it this way...I think he believes he's serious. I think he has just been in a war zone...intense, life and death situations...people describe coming back from war and actually mourning their friendships and the people they left behind....

I just think, that once he gets adjusted to his life back here...he will find that the intense feelings he had in that life and death situation, don't translate well back in the world...and then again...Bones is here...and faced with the comparisons...Hannah hasn't got a chance...but I do believe Booth will attempt to see it through with Hannah. He is honorable, and He wants a happily ever after...and Bones turned him down. We're going to have to accept it, and let it unfold. I think that in the end, he will realize that his feelings for Bones are still way too strong to settle for second best! Meanwhile Brennan is coming around... It could actually be very rewarding.

I've lived 54 years...and I've been married to the love of my life for 33 of those...Doesn't mean I haven't been intensely in love before... and that love does not diminish the love I have for my husband.

bowdown bowdown bowdown well said i agree
bones fan 99
Doctor
Doctor

Number of posts : 621
Registration date : 2010-08-31

Back to top Go down

Post by NatesMama on Sat Sep 11, 2010 10:16 pm

In the promo I watched, he looked incredibly excited to see Hannah. I don't think he's the least bit hesitant, but that will change. I don't think it's going to be a matter of Booth not being able to move on, it will be a matter of Booth and Hannah not being able to make their relationship work in the "real world". I believe that this is necessary for Booth, because after the last few years when he's been nothing but a kicked puppy, he needs to get his mojo back. Then, and only then, will he be able to see what Brennan is feeling and act accordingly.

Booth's relationship with Hannah will be significant, but only in regards to getting him back to his old self, and not just "the guy in love with Temperance Brennan", which is how I think he's been feeling the last few seasons. We need Season Two Booth back.

Then, B&B will meet at the coffee cart later this season, and the rest will be history. Smile
NatesMama

Number of posts : 70
Say What You Want : I always say what I want. It's a problem.
Registration date : 2010-06-07

Back to top Go down

Post by anthropologystudent on Sun Sep 12, 2010 4:53 am

I noticed something today when I looked at the new promo pictures
Hannah always seems to just show up places...The Diner...Drinks...like it always looks like she is just popping up uninvited what if Its Hannah who causes Booth to Torpedo the relationship.
I have to agree with some that he looks happy to see her very surprised but happy. I think part of him never thought that his life over there would cross with this life in DC and now its all melting together rather quickly. When he and Hannah were overseas it was different they were there for a job now she is going to be around him all the time she is staying at his place she is popping up all over maybe now that they are in DC and things are not crazy like they were overseas he will see that she is Clingy cause everytime I see a photo or a promo with her in it I think CLINGY that is the vibe I get from her...
Sorry I kinda went off there but this bed rest is killing me!
anthropologystudent
Forensic Artist
Forensic Artist

Number of posts : 144
Say What You Want : "Plus que ma propre vie''
Registration date : 2010-08-19

http://www.facebook.com/ashley.m.simpson

Back to top Go down

Post by bailey on Sun Sep 12, 2010 8:03 am

cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers

Just now saw this. I was trying to make a similar point in another thread. But don't have the personal story to back it up. Wonderful post, I totally agree with everything you just said. And congrats on your wonderful marriage. Smile
bailey
Doctor
Doctor

Number of posts : 811
Say What You Want : "You just had a rebound. Yeah, which don't get me wrong can be a really fun distraction. But, when it's over, you're left thinking about the girl you really like, the one that broke your heart."

~ Jim Halpert
Registration date : 2010-05-11

Back to top Go down

Post by jro54 on Sun Sep 12, 2010 8:06 am

bailey wrote:

cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers

Just now saw this. I was trying to make a similar point in another thread. But don't have the personal story to back it up. Wonderful post, I totally agree with everything you just said. And congrats on your wonderful marriage. Smile

He's NOT in love with Hannah. He may enjoy having sex with her and try to convince himself that he's in love with her, but he's not in love with her.
jro54
Head of Forensics
Head of Forensics

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top