Bones S6 Premiere: Watch, Wait, or Skip?

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Bones S6 Premiere: Watch it, Wait for Reactions, or Skip?

62% 62% 
[ 97 ]
7% 7% 
[ 11 ]
28% 28% 
[ 44 ]
3% 3% 
[ 4 ]
 
Total Votes : 156

Re: Bones S6 Premiere: Watch, Wait, or Skip?

Post by joybrennan on Sun Sep 12, 2010 1:06 am

HermioneGirl101 wrote:
andreana22 wrote:
i_heart_bones wrote:I'm still totally baffled that fans of the show would choose to skip it, because the plot line isn't tailored to exactly what they want??

I'm in the "wait and see" group, but I think I can speak for those who are skipping. If the reason you watch the show is the B&B interactions, it's going to be hard to watch Booth moving on. I still have a hard time watching the Sully episodes and this is starting to sound like it's moving in that direction.

I hate to say it, but there are a lot of other shows out there that are not afraid to explore UST or where there is more balance between UST and the other plotlines and characters. I love the characters, but last season, I was so hyped up on "will the or won't they" that it was heartbreaking when they didn't. It just feels like more of the same in the premiere. I know, spoilers don't tell you the whole story, but my feeling of dread when I hear about the promos is making me hesitant to jump back on that horse again.

I have a hard time watching the Sully episodes at first-- but once you get past the Sully aspect, they're actually good episodes. Bodies in the Book? Wouldn't miss it for the world. And that's why I'll be watching these S6 episodes that feature Hannah. Sure, I already hate Hannah with a burning passion, but we know that she isn't going to be here forever, and past her, the episodes will probably be great. Plus, I can't wait for Brennnan discovering that she loves Booth.

Sully, season TWO, this SOBS season SIX. To be clearer, Sully was when Brennan didn't believe in love, Booth had just broken up with Cam. There has been no making love speech, no I would kill for you, I would die for you. No Booth seeing just how much heart Brennan has, no gravedigger rescues, no coma book dream. In short, no establishment that these are two people deeply involved and in love with each other. We are going in to season six where Booth makes ONE attempt to start an actual relationship with Brennan, then comes back with a blond bimbo in a relationship "as serious as a heart attack," which basically IMO is like he's just thrown away the last 4 years of relationship with Brennan and turned him into a quitter. It is VERY hard for me to see how things are going to be great once this crap storyline is over - I no longer trust Booth's love for Brennan. As for Brennan, it looks like she comes back having identified that all her feelings and behaviors towards Booth are the symptoms of being in love. Only apparently they are symptoms easily gotten over - Booth clearly did.

So, yeah I am NOT watching. And the longer Raghag is around the deeper the hole HH is digging for his show. If she's still a factor by Christmas, IMO, he'll have put the show six feet under. Sad
avatar
joybrennan
Head of Forensics
Head of Forensics

Number of posts : 1532
Age : 42
Location : NYC
Say What You Want : I like to see the roller-coaster before I get on it. I mean, how many loops are we talking here?
Registration date : 2010-03-07

Back to top Go down

Re: Bones S6 Premiere: Watch, Wait, or Skip?

Post by joybrennan on Sun Sep 12, 2010 1:27 am

mommahurley wrote:I'm watching it.

I've been all over the map with my feelings, but I've never considered not watching it. I've cursed the finale and praised many an episode. I've felt betrayed and thrilled at being totally surprised. I've been bored, and disappointed and I've been exstatic and excited. I expect that there will be some horrible things I will have to tolerate, but I believe that in the end, it will all be worth it. I still love this show. Until I no longer love it, I will watch it.

One thing I've learned in life..is you cannot really appreciate the good parts of life...until you've experienced and survived the bad. Feel them...let them in...survive them...and you really appreciate when life is good.

Same goes for the show. I'm not like some who say.".I'm in it to the end no matter what". I'm a realist..If it no longer appeals to me, I will slowly but surely lose interest and just wake up one day and say, "Oh ya Bones was on last night...Oh well,...maybe I'll watch it again one day..." .but I don't need to make any big statements that say..".Do it my way or I won't watch" or worse..call for boycotts, or insult or troll people who don't agree with me......I will watch, until it doesn't interest me anymore...and I'm hoping it will interest me till the end.

Right now, I'm feeling optimistic..
@ mommahurley - first off, I get where you are coming from, and I respect that. I however have a different perspective. My Uncle worked hard his whole life saving up for his retirement so he could really enjoy the time with my aunt. Six months after he retired he developed lung cancer and all the plans and dreams he'd had never happened. My employer and friend is 53 years old with two wonderful kids. She is currently in the hospital fighting for her life - brain tumor. She recently told me she doesn't know why she stayed so long in her business as it wasn't ever who she really was. If I had been working 9/11/01 there's a good chance I wouldn't be here now
See, for me, life is short and ephemeral, and Bones is just a tv show. I have loved and enjoyed it, but I see no point in watching something if it isn't bringing joy into my life. I have too many examples of where holding out for things to change just ends in a person holding out for nothing. I have plenty of real-world places to have faith and hope for the best while facing the worst. I just cannot make television one of those places. No
avatar
joybrennan
Head of Forensics
Head of Forensics

Number of posts : 1532
Age : 42
Location : NYC
Say What You Want : I like to see the roller-coaster before I get on it. I mean, how many loops are we talking here?
Registration date : 2010-03-07

Back to top Go down

Re: Bones S6 Premiere: Watch, Wait, or Skip?

Post by SnoopGirl on Sun Sep 12, 2010 1:33 am


@ mommahurley - first off, I get where you are coming from, and Irespect that. I however have a different perspective. My Uncle workedhard his whole life saving up for his retirement so he could reallyenjoy the time with my aunt. Six months after he retired he developedlung cancer and all the plans and dreams he'd had never happened. Myemployer and friend is 53 years old with two wonderful kids. She iscurrently in the hospital fighting for her life - brain tumor. Sherecently told me she doesn't know why she stayed so long in herbusiness as it wasn't ever who she really was. If I had been working9/11/01 there's a good chance I wouldn't be here now
See, for me,life is short and ephemeral, and Bones is just a tv show. I have lovedand enjoyed it, but I see no point in watching something if it isn'tbringing joy into my life. I have too many examples of where holdingout for things to change just ends in a person holding out for nothing.I have plenty of real-world places to have faith and hope for the bestwhile facing the worst. I just cannot make television one of thoseplaces. No
I love your post!! [Only admins are allowed to see this image] [Only admins are allowed to see this image] [Only admins are allowed to see this image] [Only admins are allowed to see this image] [Only admins are allowed to see this image] [Only admins are allowed to see this image] [Only admins are allowed to see this image] [Only admins are allowed to see this image] [Only admins are allowed to see this image]

SnoopGirl
Deputy Director
Deputy Director

Number of posts : 9669
Age : 48
Location : Oakville, ON (Canada)
Say What You Want : Snoop I love you DB's Smile Smile


Registration date : 2008-06-03

Back to top Go down

Re: Bones S6 Premiere: Watch, Wait, or Skip?

Post by Kasper on Sun Sep 12, 2010 3:36 am

i_heart_bones wrote:I'm still totally baffled that fans of the show would choose to skip it, because the plot line isn't tailored to exactly what they want??

haha I have totally agree with you on that... I had the same thoughts as I was reading through the spoiler section
avatar
Kasper
Administrator
Administrator

Number of posts : 12859
Age : 28
Say What You Want : For British eyes only
Registration date : 2008-06-01

Back to top Go down

Re: Bones S6 Premiere: Watch, Wait, or Skip?

Post by mommahurley on Sun Sep 12, 2010 4:04 am

joybrennan wrote:
mommahurley wrote:I'm watching it.

I've been all over the map with my feelings, but I've never considered not watching it. I've cursed the finale and praised many an episode. I've felt betrayed and thrilled at being totally surprised. I've been bored, and disappointed and I've been exstatic and excited. I expect that there will be some horrible things I will have to tolerate, but I believe that in the end, it will all be worth it. I still love this show. Until I no longer love it, I will watch it.

One thing I've learned in life..is you cannot really appreciate the good parts of life...until you've experienced and survived the bad. Feel them...let them in...survive them...and you really appreciate when life is good.

Same goes for the show. I'm not like some who say.".I'm in it to the end no matter what". I'm a realist..If it no longer appeals to me, I will slowly but surely lose interest and just wake up one day and say, "Oh ya Bones was on last night...Oh well,...maybe I'll watch it again one day..." .but I don't need to make any big statements that say..".Do it my way or I won't watch" or worse..call for boycotts, or insult or troll people who don't agree with me......I will watch, until it doesn't interest me anymore...and I'm hoping it will interest me till the end.

Right now, I'm feeling optimistic..

@ mommahurley - first off, I get where you are coming from, and I respect that. I however have a different perspective. My Uncle worked hard his whole life saving up for his retirement so he could really enjoy the time with my aunt. Six months after he retired he developed lung cancer and all the plans and dreams he'd had never happened. My employer and friend is 53 years old with two wonderful kids. She is currently in the hospital fighting for her life - brain tumor. She recently told me she doesn't know why she stayed so long in her business as it wasn't ever who she really was. If I had been working 9/11/01 there's a good chance I wouldn't be here now
See, for me, life is short and ephemeral, and Bones is just a tv show. I have loved and enjoyed it, but I see no point in watching something if it isn't bringing joy into my life. I have too many examples of where holding out for things to change just ends in a person holding out for nothing. I have plenty of real-world places to have faith and hope for the best while facing the worst. I just cannot make television one of those places. No


I never said that you needed to watch the show...that's your perrogative.

I would hardly equate watching Bones ... and the struggle of Booth and Brennan with life altering Cancers and tragedies, but that's entirely up to you.

I was trying to make the point that, I think that in any plot...you have to have the part where you feel as though you're never going to get your happy ending, in order for the happy ending to have real impact! The big payoff, so to speak. I wouldn't have chosen this method or this storyline to make it with...but it's not my show...and I'm not going to miss allt he parts that might be wonderful, because I'm afraid to face the bad parts. They can't hurt me...they will in the end make the good parts that much more enjoyable.

Sometimes, I'm a little more analytical than others...I find enjoyment in getting to the deeper meaning of things rather than just watchihng people kiss!!!

Watch or don't watch...It's your choice. It won't change my enjoyment in the least! But why not lets other talk, without always having to counter-point each and every person's opinion? Just saying...it gets a little old!

mommahurley
Agent
Agent

Number of posts : 311
Registration date : 2009-12-03

Back to top Go down

Re: Bones S6 Premiere: Watch, Wait, or Skip?

Post by joybrennan on Sun Sep 12, 2010 4:12 am

Kasper wrote:
i_heart_bones wrote:I'm still totally baffled that fans of the show would choose to skip it, because the plot line isn't tailored to exactly what they want??

haha I have totally agree with you on that... I had the same thoughts as I was reading through the spoiler section
Speaking for myself, it's pretty simple. Bones no longer seems like the show I fell in love with. What was before an interesting and intriquing journey - even when it was uncomfortable - now, for me, seems trite, cliche, and two dimensional. I am NOT a fan of where the show is currently nor the direction it appears to be going in. If I wasn't such a fan of the show up until the end of the 100th I would have ditched Bones at that point. I'm not watching because it's too sad to see something I found so awesome, innovative and CREATIVE turn into a soap-opera. I'm not abandoning the show because I HAVE loved these characters for a long time and still hope against hope that sooner rather than later the powers that be will remember that the loyalty this show developed was NOT because they constructed it with the normal gimmicks and tricks that pass for good story-telling. The main networks are bellyaching that cable dramas get all the emmy's because they only have to work with 13 episodes. BS, they are getting them because they stay true the characters' archs and story momentum - which can be done in 22-23 episodes just as well. The show runners are just too afraid to do it differently. It's going to be more and more of a problem for network tv, because the more exposure to cable tv dramas, the less tolerence the viewing audience is going to have for the kind of nonsense Bones is pulling now. I really thought Bones was going to be the breakthrough network show about this issue - even when then did the out of the blue brain tumor stunt I gave them the benefit of the doubt. However, the 100th, and this storyline are blantantly business as usual. I don't whether to
puke or Sad - clearly I'm still hoping for a miracle - but watching this crappy SO storyline?
HELL NO! Evil or Very Mad
avatar
joybrennan
Head of Forensics
Head of Forensics

Number of posts : 1532
Age : 42
Location : NYC
Say What You Want : I like to see the roller-coaster before I get on it. I mean, how many loops are we talking here?
Registration date : 2010-03-07

Back to top Go down

Re: Bones S6 Premiere: Watch, Wait, or Skip?

Post by SnoopGirl on Sun Sep 12, 2010 4:21 am

Bones no longer seems like the show I fell in love with.
Exactly how I feel. After buying and watching several older episodes (Season 1-4)I can't believe how much the show has changed. This show is the first show I have followed from first episode so I think I analyze things more than a random show I watch.

SnoopGirl
Deputy Director
Deputy Director

Number of posts : 9669
Age : 48
Location : Oakville, ON (Canada)
Say What You Want : Snoop I love you DB's Smile Smile


Registration date : 2008-06-03

Back to top Go down

Re: Bones S6 Premiere: Watch, Wait, or Skip?

Post by mommahurley on Sun Sep 12, 2010 4:22 am

case in point! lol [Only admins are allowed to see this image]

mommahurley
Agent
Agent

Number of posts : 311
Registration date : 2009-12-03

Back to top Go down

Re: Bones S6 Premiere: Watch, Wait, or Skip?

Post by joybrennan on Sun Sep 12, 2010 5:03 am

W
mommahurley wrote:
joybrennan wrote:
mommahurley wrote:I'm watching it.

I've been all over the map with my feelings, but I've never considered not watching it. I've cursed the finale and praised many an episode. I've felt betrayed and thrilled at being totally surprised. I've been bored, and disappointed and I've been exstatic and excited. I expect that there will be some horrible things I will have to tolerate, but I believe that in the end, it will all be worth it. I still love this show. Until I no longer love it, I will watch it.

One thing I've learned in life..is you cannot really appreciate the good parts of life...until you've experienced and survived the bad. Feel them...let them in...survive them...and you really appreciate when life is good.

Same goes for the show. I'm not like some who say.".I'm in it to the end no matter what". I'm a realist..If it no longer appeals to me, I will slowly but surely lose interest and just wake up one day and say, "Oh ya Bones was on last night...Oh well,...maybe I'll watch it again one day..." .but I don't need to make any big statements that say..".Do it my way or I won't watch" or worse..call for boycotts, or insult or troll people who don't agree with me......I will watch, until it doesn't interest me anymore...and I'm hoping it will interest me till the end.

Right now, I'm feeling optimistic..

@ mommahurley - first off, I get where you are coming from, and I respect that. I however have a different perspective. My Uncle worked hard his whole life saving up for his retirement so he could really enjoy the time with my aunt. Six months after he retired he developed lung cancer and all the plans and dreams he'd had never happened. My employer and friend is 53 years old with two wonderful kids. She is currently in the hospital fighting for her life - brain tumor. She recently told me she doesn't know why she stayed so long in her business as it wasn't ever who she really was. If I had been working 9/11/01 there's a good chance I wouldn't be here now
See, for me, life is short and ephemeral, and Bones is just a tv show. I have loved and enjoyed it, but I see no point in watching something if it isn't bringing joy into my life. I have too many examples of where holding out for things to change just ends in a person holding out for nothing. I have plenty of real-world places to have faith and hope for the best while facing the worst. I just cannot make television one of those places. No


I never said that you needed to watch the show...that's your perrogative.

I would hardly equate watching Bones ... and the struggle of Booth and Brennan with life altering Cancers and tragedies, but that's entirely up to you.

I was trying to make the point that, I think that in any plot...you have to have the part where you feel as though you're never going to get your happy ending, in order for the happy ending to have real impact! The big payoff, so to speak. I wouldn't have chosen this method or this storyline to make it with...but it's not my show...and I'm not going to miss allt he parts that might be wonderful, because I'm afraid to face the bad parts. They can't hurt me...they will in the end make the good parts that much more enjoyable.

Sometimes, I'm a little more analytical than others...I find enjoyment in getting to the deeper meaning of things rather than just watchihng people kiss!!!

Watch or don't watch...It's your choice. It won't change my enjoyment in the least! But why not lets other talk, without always having to counter-point each and every person's opinion? Just saying...it gets a little old!
So I gather mutual respect isn't ok. Fine. I wasn't countering you, I wasn't saying you were wrong to feel the way you do, or telling you or anyone else not to watch if they choose to. You also have made this particular point over and over again about wading through the bad to get to the good, and at one point discussed your personal history to explain your perspective. I believe I THANKED YOU for explaining your perspective. Why are you upset that I'm doing a similar thing? Should I be taking your statements as why I SHOULD watch? I haven't been taking it that way. I've been discussing and explaining why I'm not. This is a forum which by nature is a place of difference, discussion, and debate. Neutral

I don't thing I've really discussed why your reasoning for watching doesn't work for me, which is what I did. It wasn't about invalidating your point. However, this is the first I've read about you saying it's "just" about plot, which is a bit different. From a strictly writing perspective, a writer knows if they make the second act of the dramatic structure too long or unbelievable it makes the third act anti-climatic. Writers are warned about this - making that second act too long, or too short. Bones, IMO, is crossing the line of too long with this storyline - if they haven't already crossed it. No one here believes B&B won't get together "eventually" - we know there's a happy ending, which is what makes this tedious. To paraphrase what someone said in a different thread a while back: I am tired of the story of how B&B get together - how about the story of how they STAY together. It's not about seeing them kiss or have sex - it's about the integrity of the story and the characters. If the journey seems stupid and contrived, who cares when they get together? Anticlimactic.

Now, anyone can watch, don't watch, love it or hate it, agree or disagree, flame me or not. I. have never seen disagreement or debate as being disrespectful or another. I guess I'm just analytical like that. Cool

avatar
joybrennan
Head of Forensics
Head of Forensics

Number of posts : 1532
Age : 42
Location : NYC
Say What You Want : I like to see the roller-coaster before I get on it. I mean, how many loops are we talking here?
Registration date : 2010-03-07

Back to top Go down

Re: Bones S6 Premiere: Watch, Wait, or Skip?

Post by mommahurley on Sun Sep 12, 2010 5:07 am

-I have no problem with respect.

I show respect by stating my point of view only once.

I show respect by allowing others to talk without quoting and responding and arguing and re- presenting my same point of view over and over and over again.

I show respect by ignoring trolls.

I show my respect by knowing when a converstaion is over.


Last edited by mommahurley on Sun Sep 12, 2010 5:27 am; edited 3 times in total

mommahurley
Agent
Agent

Number of posts : 311
Registration date : 2009-12-03

Back to top Go down

Re: Bones S6 Premiere: Watch, Wait, or Skip?

Post by joybrennan on Sun Sep 12, 2010 5:11 am

mommahurley wrote:yawn
Sleep well. Razz
avatar
joybrennan
Head of Forensics
Head of Forensics

Number of posts : 1532
Age : 42
Location : NYC
Say What You Want : I like to see the roller-coaster before I get on it. I mean, how many loops are we talking here?
Registration date : 2010-03-07

Back to top Go down

Re: Bones S6 Premiere: Watch, Wait, or Skip?

Post by jhi1005 on Sun Sep 12, 2010 6:12 am

I think both sides here make valid points, and I went back and forth with my own decision all summer-to the point where I was kind of embarassed spending so much brainpower on a TV show. As I've said before, if I devoted as much thought to my thesis as I do Bones, I'd probably have my degree by now.

That being said, I decided to skip the premiere and the Hannah-heavy episodes based on this line of thought: The post 100th Season 5 episodes left me feeling heavily angsty for days afterwards, and the season finale was the worst. My reaction to any of the spoilers we've gotten over the summer confirmed it-I simply don't have the stomach for this storyline, so me watching these episodes will end with me feeling slightly ill and down, which is silly to do to myself on purpose.

I actually admire anyone who is able to watch even if it's not the storyline they want, and I wish I could do that. But I finally had to accept that I'm lousy at handling angst (even when it's not real life).

So my compromise is that I'll skip the episodes I think will bring me down and hopefully before long it'll be safe to wander back in to the show, and if the episodes I missed are truly "must-see", I'll catch then on Hulu later, when I know for sure that the storyline turns out okay.

I do appreciate offers to recap-the addiction to this forum is the one thing I've decided to keep up, just to keep connected.

jhi1005
Forensic Artist
Forensic Artist

Number of posts : 148
Registration date : 2010-04-07

Back to top Go down

Waiting But Not Watching

Post by virtualhorizon on Sun Sep 12, 2010 6:28 am

For the first time in five years, I'm not looking forward to the start of the "Bones" season. I'll eventually watch, but I won't for a while. And its not really because of any one thing. I'm just tired of all the talk, spoilage, etc. by the writers and actors, all the the hedging and mis-information. If they want to tell us something about what's going to happen, they should come out and say it, and not beat around the bush, giving half-truths, etc. If they don't want anyone to know anything, they should just keep quiet. Everything that's said is just a ruse to get people to watch. Unfortunately, I think a lot of viewers, myself included, are just plain tired of it all. Not that I don't enjoy reading the spoilers (because I do). The information that's been given out just isn't drawing my interest anymore. Everything has become too drawn out and complicated and uninteresting. The spark just doesn't seem to be there anymore!

virtualhorizon
Newbie
Newbie

Number of posts : 14
Registration date : 2010-03-24

Back to top Go down

Re: Bones S6 Premiere: Watch, Wait, or Skip?

Post by dreamerktm411 on Sun Sep 12, 2010 6:31 am

I'm watching the premiere, but waiting to see people's reactions on this forum to see if I should watch the second, third, and fourth episodes. It might not be as bad as we expect... I didn't have a problem with the Sully, Cam, or Rebecca storylines, so maybe I'll be okay with this one and be able to ride it out.
But if it is bad, there's the possibility that I'll watch the episodes, but skip over the Hannah-heavy parts.
avatar
dreamerktm411
Head of Forensics
Head of Forensics

Number of posts : 1255
Location : Elsewhere
Say What You Want : "I hope you find something that just changes the entire notion of what it means to be human."
Registration date : 2010-05-06

Back to top Go down

Re: Bones S6 Premiere: Watch, Wait, or Skip?

Post by bailey on Sun Sep 12, 2010 7:19 am

I know no one is purposely trying to change anyone's opinions about the show but when you hear people saying they're not going to watch until they see what others think about an episode ... to me I equate that with listening to someone else's opinion.

I'm afraid to not watch. I may not love all this Hannah stuff but I still think there will be good moments, and I don't wanna miss the good stuff because I'm avoiding the bad stuff. So, I'm going to be watching. Smile
avatar
bailey
Doctor
Doctor

Number of posts : 811
Say What You Want : "You just had a rebound. Yeah, which don't get me wrong can be a really fun distraction. But, when it's over, you're left thinking about the girl you really like, the one that broke your heart."

~ Jim Halpert
Registration date : 2010-05-11

Back to top Go down

Re: Bones S6 Premiere: Watch, Wait, or Skip?

Post by DoctorB on Sun Sep 12, 2010 7:29 am

bailey wrote:I know no one is purposely trying to change anyone's opinions about the show but when you hear people saying they're not going to watch until they see what others think about an episode ... to me I equate that with listening to someone else's opinion.

I'm afraid to not watch. I may not love all this Hannah stuff but I still think there will be good moments, and I don't wanna miss the good stuff because I'm avoiding the bad stuff. So, I'm going to be watching. Smile

It's not about that at all. Waiting to hear exactly what happens in the episode is not about going on another person's opinion.

To give you an example...

When (I was going to say if but we all know this will happen) we have an ep where we see Booth and Hannah in bed together... I wanna know so I don't have to watch it or at least can prepare myself for it puke I have zero desire to watch Bones while this story line is playing out. None whatsoever. TBH I have a hard time believing any potentially 'good' BB moments won't be totally overshadowed by the fact Booth has moved on and is in love and genuinely happy with someone else.

DoctorB
Forensic Artist
Forensic Artist

Number of posts : 113
Registration date : 2010-04-10

Back to top Go down

Re: Bones S6 Premiere: Watch, Wait, or Skip?

Post by treble21 on Sun Sep 12, 2010 7:34 am

treble21 wrote:katherine, there will be a recap in the show discussion thread (for the premiere anyway), But if you want to do one in here so that people can discuss the recap in terms of spoilers, that might be a good idea.

ok soooo I lied I'm not recapping the premiere in the show discussion thread as I am working that night, LOL so now it's an even better idea to recap katherine Smile
avatar
treble21
Therapist
Therapist

Number of posts : 4680
Age : 38
Location : Ontario Canada
Say What You Want : I'm gonna miss the ABY.
Registration date : 2009-07-26

Back to top Go down

Re: Bones S6 Premiere: Watch, Wait, or Skip?

Post by bailey on Sun Sep 12, 2010 7:41 am

DoctorB wrote:
bailey wrote:I know no one is purposely trying to change anyone's opinions about the show but when you hear people saying they're not going to watch until they see what others think about an episode ... to me I equate that with listening to someone else's opinion.

I'm afraid to not watch. I may not love all this Hannah stuff but I still think there will be good moments, and I don't wanna miss the good stuff because I'm avoiding the bad stuff. So, I'm going to be watching. Smile

It's not about that at all. Waiting to hear exactly what happens in the episode is not about going on another person's opinion.

To give you an example...

When (I was going to say if but we all know this will happen) we have an ep where we see Booth and Hannah in bed together... I wanna know so I don't have to watch it or at least can prepare myself for it puke I have zero desire to watch Bones while this story line is playing out. None whatsoever. TBH I have a hard time believing any potentially 'good' BB moments won't be totally overshadowed by the fact Booth has moved on and is in love and genuinely happy with someone else.


I understand what you're saying but it's just that opinions of a television show are so subjective. I may watch the premiere and say "OMG, do not watch that, you'll hate it." But if you watched it for yourself you might be more like, "That actually wasn't that bad, what was she talking about???" Or vice versea.

It's cool if that's what people want to do, but it's just not something I'd do ... because no one else is ever going to have the same opinion or experience while watching that I will, and to me how I feel about an episode is all that really matters as far as to how much I will enjoy it. Smile
avatar
bailey
Doctor
Doctor

Number of posts : 811
Say What You Want : "You just had a rebound. Yeah, which don't get me wrong can be a really fun distraction. But, when it's over, you're left thinking about the girl you really like, the one that broke your heart."

~ Jim Halpert
Registration date : 2010-05-11

Back to top Go down

Re: Bones S6 Premiere: Watch, Wait, or Skip?

Post by joybrennan on Sun Sep 12, 2010 7:49 am

bailey wrote:I know no one is purposely trying to change anyone's opinions about the show but when you hear people saying they're not going to watch until they see what others think about an episode ... to me I equate that with listening to someone else's opinion.

I'm afraid to not watch. I may not love all this Hannah stuff but I still think there will be good moments, and I don't wanna miss the good stuff because I'm avoiding the bad stuff. So, I'm going to be watching. Smile

@ Bailey - put like that, I can really see your point! Smile I think - and I'm guessing here, because I'm not watching until [Only admins are allowed to see this link] is GONE - the alternative for people checking in with other fans who are watching could be feeling like they have to give up on the show altogether. Having been fans for so long they don't want to do that, so checking in with other fans who are watching may feel like a fair compromise between puke every Thursday or not watching at all. Does that make sense?
avatar
joybrennan
Head of Forensics
Head of Forensics

Number of posts : 1532
Age : 42
Location : NYC
Say What You Want : I like to see the roller-coaster before I get on it. I mean, how many loops are we talking here?
Registration date : 2010-03-07

Back to top Go down

Re: Bones S6 Premiere: Watch, Wait, or Skip?

Post by crzy4bones on Sun Sep 12, 2010 7:50 am

bailey wrote:I know no one is purposely trying to change anyone's opinions about the show but when you hear people saying they're not going to watch until they see what others think about an episode ... to me I equate that with listening to someone else's opinion.

Which is exactly the point I was making in my post. Because really, anything posted as to what happens, will be clouded by the opinions of those who post it. Especially if those posts are made by those who have already decided, based on spoilers, photos and sides, that they are going to hate Booth, hate Hannah, hate the plot, hate the episode, hate the whole entire season. Because if you really wanted to decide whether to watch the show or not until after it's aired, you'd wait until the official recap is posted on the Fox site before deciding...not on what is posted here, or by Marissa, or Ausiello or any of those other gossipy type bloggers...

crzy4bones
Doctor
Doctor

Number of posts : 586
Age : 49
Location : Virginia Beach, VA
Registration date : 2010-04-23

Back to top Go down

Re: Bones S6 Premiere: Watch, Wait, or Skip?

Post by bailey on Sun Sep 12, 2010 8:22 am

joybrennan wrote:
bailey wrote:I know no one is purposely trying to change anyone's opinions about the show but when you hear people saying they're not going to watch until they see what others think about an episode ... to me I equate that with listening to someone else's opinion.

I'm afraid to not watch. I may not love all this Hannah stuff but I still think there will be good moments, and I don't wanna miss the good stuff because I'm avoiding the bad stuff. So, I'm going to be watching. Smile

@ Bailey - put like that, I can really see your point! Smile I think - and I'm guessing here, because I'm not watching until [Only admins are allowed to see this link] is GONE - the alternative for people checking in with other fans who are watching could be feeling like they have to give up on the show altogether. Having been fans for so long they don't want to do that, so checking in with other fans who are watching may feel like a fair compromise between puke every Thursday or not watching at all. Does that make sense?


I get that ... it's like they're falling out of love with the show but part of them still wants to hold on and they're doing that hanging on to other fans. That does make sense to me. Smile

I guess I'm just saying that while I can your point, it wouldn't make sense for me personally to do something like that. I won't even be online while I watch a show I like (and this just isn't Bones, I've been an internet fandom girl since X-Files) ... I refuse to read other people's opinions on an episode until after I've watched the episode myself. And I do this because in the past, I would read what people were saying while I was watching and I was letting it infulence my personal opinion. I guess I'm easily swayed. Lol.

So I like to get a handle on what I really think about something before someone else tells me what they think. Cause even if someone is really just telling their opinion, if someone has a strong opinion about something and voices it in a strong way it's going to seem like they're trying to infulence others, even if that's not their intenion at all.
avatar
bailey
Doctor
Doctor

Number of posts : 811
Say What You Want : "You just had a rebound. Yeah, which don't get me wrong can be a really fun distraction. But, when it's over, you're left thinking about the girl you really like, the one that broke your heart."

~ Jim Halpert
Registration date : 2010-05-11

Back to top Go down

Re: Bones S6 Premiere: Watch, Wait, or Skip?

Post by TinkonBrink on Sun Sep 12, 2010 8:23 am

I'm watching it!

Will I be jumping up early hours of the morning to watch it online?...You know, I probably will!
Why? Coz this is the only episode that we know Hannah appears in picture form only...on Booth's mobile phone. Next episode she shows up in person. This might be the only safe one to watch! Razz

Also...as much as I hate the SO storyline...and I really hate the SO storyline! And I hate that they had to make her a typical Booth Barbie doll...I'm actually starting to feel sorry for Barbie (yes, I know...it's a shocker! loco ) She meets this great guy (knowing nothing/virtually nothing of the years of pain and teetering on the brink that B&B have put themselves and us through) and she thinks he's worth a shot...he's worth a gamble...he's worth putting yourself out there for. In short she is Booth in the 100th.
But season six is the season where everyone is kidding themselves. Brennan is masking/realising/masking her feelings for Booth coz he's happy (as she told GG there's nothing she wouldn't do for him...including putting someone else’s happiness before your own. You are miserable but they are happy. That is what Booth has done for Jared and Brennan...that is love.) Booth is kidding himself that he's happy and he must feel responsible for Hannah taking a gamble on him...moving to DC to be with him, moving her job (something she said she wouldn't do) and that is why he has her move in with him. (Coz that's what Booth does, takes on everyone else’s responsibilities...look at Jared.)
The only one who's not kidding themselves is Hannah. Poor girl. I still want to drop an anvil on her...but in a pitying "I feel sorry for you" kind of way! Very Happy This whole thing is gonna blow like a lit match in a firework factory. affraid

The premier might be the only eppy that I can watch without shouting at the screen or feeling sick!...Then again... scratch
avatar
TinkonBrink
Doctor
Doctor

Number of posts : 652
Age : 37
Location : Liverpool, UK
Say What You Want : A Reporter sat under a Fig Tree one night,
"Where art thou Booth?" She said.
The lightning went Flash!
The tree went Crash!
And squashed the Reporter quite dead.
*Sigh* Isn't poetry lovely?
Registration date : 2008-06-14

http://twitter.com/TinkonBrink/

Back to top Go down

Re: Bones S6 Premiere: Watch, Wait, or Skip?

Post by bailey on Sun Sep 12, 2010 8:27 am

TinkonBrink wrote: I still want to drop an anvil on her...


Oh, I think there will be an anvil dropped on her. Metaphorically when she figures out that Booth is in love with Brennan.

Razz
avatar
bailey
Doctor
Doctor

Number of posts : 811
Say What You Want : "You just had a rebound. Yeah, which don't get me wrong can be a really fun distraction. But, when it's over, you're left thinking about the girl you really like, the one that broke your heart."

~ Jim Halpert
Registration date : 2010-05-11

Back to top Go down

Re: Bones S6 Premiere: Watch, Wait, or Skip?

Post by joybrennan on Sun Sep 12, 2010 8:41 am

bailey wrote:
TinkonBrink wrote: I still want to drop an anvil on her...


Oh, I think there will be an anvil dropped on her. Metaphorically when she figures out that Booth is in love with Brennan.

Razz
I'd appreciate someone PM'ing me when that anvil drops, 'k, 'cuz I'll have a party to plan - and everyone's invited! Razz
avatar
joybrennan
Head of Forensics
Head of Forensics

Number of posts : 1532
Age : 42
Location : NYC
Say What You Want : I like to see the roller-coaster before I get on it. I mean, how many loops are we talking here?
Registration date : 2010-03-07

Back to top Go down

Re: Bones S6 Premiere: Watch, Wait, or Skip?

Post by future_anthro on Sun Sep 12, 2010 9:49 am

Watching it without a doubt.
avatar
future_anthro
Doctor
Doctor

Number of posts : 621
Age : 31
Location : Brisbane, Australia
Registration date : 2010-04-29

Back to top Go down

Re: Bones S6 Premiere: Watch, Wait, or Skip?

Post by Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top


 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum