Press Release S6E02 "The Couple in the Cave"

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Press Release S6E02 "The Couple in the Cave"

Post by the beaver1965 on Tue Sep 14, 2010 10:18 am

Why am I not SURPRISED that you disagreed with me. I so disagree with you. Where you in a war zone and didn't know if you were going to live minute to minute? BIG BIG DIFFERENCE!!!

the beaver1965
Forensic Artist
Forensic Artist

Number of posts : 209
Registration date : 2009-09-24

Back to top Go down

Re: Press Release S6E02 "The Couple in the Cave"

Post by adbyadby on Tue Sep 14, 2010 10:28 am

Perhaps you should read what I wrote. I was talking about OUTSIDE THE HOOVER, when he gave her two seconds to digest that he wanted a romantic relationship with her after years of just partnerse


Last edited by adbyadby on Tue Sep 14, 2010 10:34 am; edited 1 time in total

adbyadby
Squint
Squint

Number of posts : 91
Age : 105
Registration date : 2010-09-01

Back to top Go down

Re: Press Release S6E02 "The Couple in the Cave"

Post by the beaver1965 on Tue Sep 14, 2010 10:32 am

I SO DISAGREE, Be careful now, Your hate for Booth is really starting to show itself!!!!

the beaver1965
Forensic Artist
Forensic Artist

Number of posts : 209
Registration date : 2009-09-24

Back to top Go down

Re: Press Release S6E02 "The Couple in the Cave"

Post by Manjachka on Tue Sep 14, 2010 10:34 am

the beaver1965 wrote: Why am I not SURPRISED that you disagreed with me. I so disagree with you. Where you in a war zone and didn't know if you were going to live minute to minute? BIG BIG DIFFERENCE!!!
WORD!!!
avatar
Manjachka
Forensic Artist
Forensic Artist

Number of posts : 125
Say What You Want : Booth/DB team
I love Booth/Hannah
Registration date : 2010-04-18

Back to top Go down

Re: Press Release S6E02 "The Couple in the Cave"

Post by katharine on Tue Sep 14, 2010 10:37 am

TinkonBrink wrote:Is it possible to bridge the great Brennan Booth haters divide?

A wise psychologist (who now delivers up delicacies that look like sperm on corn smut but are magically scrumptious) once said that "Booth and Brennan aren't in any way opposites."

A younger, but no less talented psychologist protested. (Man! Woman! Intellectual! Empirical!)

"Superficial ephemera"...and was rebuffed.

They are both flawed characters, products of a less than idyllic childhood. Fathers that were capable of great violence. A steel fist in a velvet glove and steel fist. Brothers that were a disappointment...that they are slowly coming to accept.

Until a dark night when a gambler asked a scientist to gamble...and everything, it seemed, twisted and bent beyond recognition in the car crash.

You cannot hate one and love the other...they are equally saint and sinner. She is not worried about her heart breaking, only breaking his (although, all along she breaks it a little anyway.) He never says he loves her, never says that he does not want her to change. The entire thing is a mess on both sides.

Do I look at Brennan's face as she watches Booth with Hannah and feel my stomach drop? Yes. She did this though, this is 50% her fault.
Do I hate Booth for shoving pictures of his new girl in Brennan's (and our) face? A little. Brennan said he deserves a good woman...Hannah may be a good woman. (Is she the right woman?)

Right? Wrong? Gambler? Scientist? War Correspondent? Heart? Head? Hate? Love?

Superficial ephemera.





I think everyone on here should take note of what you just said. Because it is 100% true. And funny too.

Do I not like Brennan sometimes, YES
Do I love Booth, YES
Do I think I could have one without the other, NO
Do I agree with stalling their abilities to find one another, NO
Do I think they are both at fault, uhhhhh YES
Is it going to stop me from watching the train wreck that I call the first half of S6, NO
Do I respect others feelings not to watch, YES
Do I feel sad for them if they miss out on a special look, glance, smile,
and ridiculously sexual overtone between Booth and Brennan while they are not
watching, HELL YES
Do I hope they change their minds so that we can all have a fruitful, healthy discussion about the upcoming season, %$#& YES

Just my thoughts added onto your already great ones. And remember folks if you're gonna be a hater (please don't!!!), hate (well really not hate) the show writers, characters only say what they write.

katharine
Agent
Agent

Number of posts : 423
Location : I live in the South, but my heart is up North
Registration date : 2010-04-09

Back to top Go down

Re: Press Release S6E02 "The Couple in the Cave"

Post by Manjachka on Tue Sep 14, 2010 10:38 am

the beaver1965 wrote:I SO DISAGREE, Be careful now, Your hate for Booth is really starting to show itself!!!!
I think for Booth and DB. Suspect
avatar
Manjachka
Forensic Artist
Forensic Artist

Number of posts : 125
Say What You Want : Booth/DB team
I love Booth/Hannah
Registration date : 2010-04-18

Back to top Go down

Re: Press Release S6E02 "The Couple in the Cave"

Post by adbyadby on Tue Sep 14, 2010 10:40 am

the beaver1965 wrote:I SO DISAGREE, Be careful now, Your hate for Booth is really starting to show itself!!!!


You need to read what I've written. I was not referring to the war zone. I was referring to OUSIDE THE HOOVER, when he gave her two seconds to digest that he wanted to be with her after years of just partners. I have never said I hate Booth. But I didn't get how he could have given up so easily. Of couse it hurt him that Brennan had physically pushed him away and he needed to take back what pride he had left.

Let me just say that the last scene of the 100th was awfully written in regards to Booths' character. He seemed to do a 180.

What I was trying to tell you when I shared my story was that when you KNOW she is the one, there isn't even an option of a life without her.

That is the reason the storyline from the 100th didn't gell with me. but that is striclty and ONLY my feelings on the matter. Once again. Do not hate Booth, not an iota.


Last edited by adbyadby on Tue Sep 14, 2010 10:47 am; edited 2 times in total

adbyadby
Squint
Squint

Number of posts : 91
Age : 105
Registration date : 2010-09-01

Back to top Go down

Re: Press Release S6E02 "The Couple in the Cave"

Post by the beaver1965 on Tue Sep 14, 2010 10:43 am

Especially David Boreanaz!!!!!

the beaver1965
Forensic Artist
Forensic Artist

Number of posts : 209
Registration date : 2009-09-24

Back to top Go down

Re: Press Release S6E02 "The Couple in the Cave"

Post by Manjachka on Tue Sep 14, 2010 10:50 am

the beaver1965 wrote:Especially David Boreanaz!!!!!
Hmmm, сomplexes? Laughing Laughing Laughing
avatar
Manjachka
Forensic Artist
Forensic Artist

Number of posts : 125
Say What You Want : Booth/DB team
I love Booth/Hannah
Registration date : 2010-04-18

Back to top Go down

Re: Press Release S6E02 "The Couple in the Cave"

Post by crzy4bones on Tue Sep 14, 2010 10:50 am

I'd like to know why it's ok to be mad at Booth for anything and everything and whatever else people can come up with, and don't lie...the majority of people on this board are Team Brennan and are totally pissed at Booth, but it's not ok to be mad at Brennan for any of it...

and FWIW, I have never said I hated Brennan...and I have never said that Booth is perfect....and I don't feel like I have to qualify ever post I make with those 2 statements in order to not offend the the "pissed-off-at-Booth"ers.

crzy4bones
Doctor
Doctor

Number of posts : 586
Age : 49
Location : Virginia Beach, VA
Registration date : 2010-04-23

Back to top Go down

Re: Press Release S6E02 "The Couple in the Cave"

Post by the beaver1965 on Tue Sep 14, 2010 10:50 am

Adbyadby, Again you say you don't hate Booth and again I don't believe that!!!!

the beaver1965
Forensic Artist
Forensic Artist

Number of posts : 209
Registration date : 2009-09-24

Back to top Go down

Re: Press Release S6E02 "The Couple in the Cave"

Post by Manjachka on Tue Sep 14, 2010 10:53 am

crzy4bones wrote:I'd like to know why it's ok to be mad at Booth for anything and everything and whatever else people can come up with, and don't lie...the majority of people on this board are Team Brennan and are totally pissed at Booth, but it's not ok to be mad at Brennan for any of it...

and FWIW, I have never said I hated Brennan...and I have never said that Booth is perfect....and I don't feel like I have to qualify ever post I make with those 2 statements in order to not offend the the "pissed-off-at-Booth"ers.
Excellent point!!!
avatar
Manjachka
Forensic Artist
Forensic Artist

Number of posts : 125
Say What You Want : Booth/DB team
I love Booth/Hannah
Registration date : 2010-04-18

Back to top Go down

Re: Press Release S6E02 "The Couple in the Cave"

Post by adbyadby on Tue Sep 14, 2010 10:55 am

Booth lovers are very quick to pounce and accuse people of Booth hate, just becasue like Brennan, he is a flawed character.

adbyadby
Squint
Squint

Number of posts : 91
Age : 105
Registration date : 2010-09-01

Back to top Go down

Re: Press Release S6E02 "The Couple in the Cave"

Post by adbyadby on Tue Sep 14, 2010 10:57 am

the beaver1965 wrote:Adbyadby, Again you say you don't hate Booth and again I don't believe that!!!!

Again you have every right to Believe and not believe in anything you like, that is your right but from day 1 have have been for B&B. But I don't think the writers have done them any favor since the last 5 mintus of the 100ths sos

adbyadby
Squint
Squint

Number of posts : 91
Age : 105
Registration date : 2010-09-01

Back to top Go down

Re: Press Release S6E02 "The Couple in the Cave"

Post by treble21 on Tue Sep 14, 2010 11:07 am

MOD WARNING


This is a sensitive topic for a lot of us, it is something that has been discussed ad naseaum all summer long, and there are some tense feelings. That does NOT make it ok to personally attack another poster for their opinion. debate is great thing, but provoking one another ( which is an increasing problem in these threads) is not debating, and is not ok. Everyone has the right to state their opinion about the show but PLEASE refrain from making "attack" posts to other posters about their opinion. When you are "debating" please re-read your posts so that you are able to see how the other person would view your response, what we seem to be lacking lately is basic politeness.
avatar
treble21
Therapist
Therapist

Number of posts : 4680
Age : 38
Location : Ontario Canada
Say What You Want : I'm gonna miss the ABY.
Registration date : 2009-07-26

Back to top Go down

Re: Press Release S6E02 "The Couple in the Cave"

Post by adbyadby on Tue Sep 14, 2010 11:10 am

treble21 wrote:
MOD WARNING


This is a sensitive topic for a lot of us, it is something that has been discussed ad naseaum all summer long, and there are some tense feelings. That does NOT make it ok to personally attack another poster for their opinion. debate is great thing, but provoking one another ( which is an increasing problem in these threads) is not debating, and is not ok. Everyone has the right to state their opinion about the show but PLEASE refrain from making "attack" posts to other posters about their opinion. When you are "debating" please re-read your posts so that you are able to see how the other person would view your response, what we seem to be lacking lately is basic politeness.
sos sos sos sos

adbyadby
Squint
Squint

Number of posts : 91
Age : 105
Registration date : 2010-09-01

Back to top Go down

Re: Press Release S6E02 "The Couple in the Cave"

Post by jro54 on Tue Sep 14, 2010 11:16 am

Personally, I think this whole "Booth vs Brennan" discussion is stupid and pointless. How can people even watch this show and still hate one character and love the other? God, people must cover their eyes and ears through nine tenths of the episode. How can they even enjoy the episode? This whole show is about their journey TOGETHER. We wouldn't have one without the other. They are BOTH flawed characters...and they are BOTH responsible the mess that they are in (and the writers)
avatar
jro54
Head of Forensics
Head of Forensics

Number of posts : 1740
Age : 27
Location : Flagstaff, Arizona
Say What You Want : No matter what happens and the twists and turns that this show takes, I will always be a Bones fan!!!! Bring it on Hart!!!!boxing
Registration date : 2010-03-25

Back to top Go down

Re: Press Release S6E02 "The Couple in the Cave"

Post by treble21 on Tue Sep 14, 2010 11:17 am

jro54 wrote:Personally, I think this whole "Booth vs Brennan" discussion is stupid and pointless. How can people even watch this show and still hate one character and love the other? God, people must cover their eyes and ears through nine tenths of the episode. How can they even enjoy the episode?This whole show is about their journey TOGETHER. We wouldn't have one without the other. They are BOTH flawed characters...and they are BOTH responsible the mess that they are in (and the writers)


bowdown thumbsup
avatar
treble21
Therapist
Therapist

Number of posts : 4680
Age : 38
Location : Ontario Canada
Say What You Want : I'm gonna miss the ABY.
Registration date : 2009-07-26

Back to top Go down

Re: Press Release S6E02 "The Couple in the Cave"

Post by adbyadby on Tue Sep 14, 2010 11:22 am

jro54 wrote:Personally, I think this whole "Booth vs Brennan" discussion is stupid and pointless. How can people even watch this show and still hate one character and love the other? God, people must cover their eyes and ears through nine tenths of the episode. How can they even enjoy the episode? This whole show is about their journey TOGETHER. We wouldn't have one without the other. They are BOTH flawed characters...and they are BOTH responsible the mess that they are in (and the writers)
bowdown hug

adbyadby
Squint
Squint

Number of posts : 91
Age : 105
Registration date : 2010-09-01

Back to top Go down

Re: Press Release S6E02 "The Couple in the Cave"

Post by adbyadby on Tue Sep 14, 2010 11:28 am

[quote="adbyadby"]
jro54 wrote: God, people must cover their eyes and ears through nine tenths of the episode.

this looks like what rubyruby wrote some where else good to see there are two really smart people out there Smile

adbyadby
Squint
Squint

Number of posts : 91
Age : 105
Registration date : 2010-09-01

Back to top Go down

Re: Press Release S6E02 "The Couple in the Cave"

Post by jro54 on Tue Sep 14, 2010 11:52 am

I don't anyone here HATES Booth-none of the comments about him are nearly as critizing and bashing as some of them that I read about Brennan. I haven't read anything that is directly critizing or bashing Booth...just because he's dating Hannah. I have read comments about how the Hannah storyline is stupid and pointless...and 5 know that many people have express their opinions about this storyline (which is directed to the writers), but that's not the same as saying, "Booth is a total douche bag...because he found himself a new girl."

...and we should also take into consideration that not all of the ABY-ers are female. What sex you are might have effect your reaction that you have to Booth/DB. I assume most of you are woman...because most if you seem to worship Booth/DB like a God, but guys aren't going to have the same reaction to Booth/DB as woman do (unless they are gay) They think that about Brennan/Emily.



Last edited by jro54 on Tue Sep 14, 2010 11:58 am; edited 1 time in total
avatar
jro54
Head of Forensics
Head of Forensics

Number of posts : 1740
Age : 27
Location : Flagstaff, Arizona
Say What You Want : No matter what happens and the twists and turns that this show takes, I will always be a Bones fan!!!! Bring it on Hart!!!!boxing
Registration date : 2010-03-25

Back to top Go down

Re: Press Release S6E02 "The Couple in the Cave"

Post by gordongordonfan on Tue Sep 14, 2010 11:55 am

bones fan 99 wrote:
gordongordonfan wrote:So everyone....

How bout those Mets?

HOT PIC

Thanks! I think it's a particularly "yummy" one too! Him lookin' all tanned and buff! Can't wait till we get some new views and new episodes! [Only admins are allowed to see this image]
avatar
gordongordonfan
Agent
Agent

Number of posts : 472
Age : 46
Location : Ohio, USA
Registration date : 2010-04-08

Back to top Go down

Re: Press Release S6E02 "The Couple in the Cave"

Post by joybrennan on Tue Sep 14, 2010 11:58 am

adbyadby wrote:
the beaver1965 wrote:OK, Good advise. I will say this with no MEANNESS attached to it. Some posters are really disappointed at Booth for having another woman in his life. I didn't say Hate, only disappointed. Let all of us be honest with ourselves. Which one of us wouldn't have done the same thing Booth did when he was away. He was wounded because the love of his life(Brennan is most certainly the love of his life) turned him down, so he turned to someone else to erase the hurt. This definitely happens in real life.

I can say 100% that I would not have done the same thing. If Brennan was truly the love of his life, he would have given her more than 2 seconds before saying he needed to move on. I know from personal experience. My wfie said to me twice, she was not ready, butI didn't say then and there, that OMG I have to give up on you and move on. She is and always will be the love of my life, and She is and always will be the love of my life, and from the love of your life, you will NEVER EVER move on, you will wait as long as it takes.

I'm going say something that hopefully will give pause to this circular discussion.
@ adbyadby - I don't think ANYONE hated the end of 100th more than me - except for my liege, Robert the evil (get well soon, oh evil one. Smile ) IMO it not only resets B&B, but introduces character info that has to completely completely change a certain aspect of Booth.

Your aguement is based on the idea that Booth KNOWS Brennan is the love of his life. What if he DOESN'T know that? He asks Brennan to give them a shot, which isn't the language of k die for knowing a person's the one. Does he love Brennan? He would kill for her, die for her, and is sexually attracked to her, so I would say he does. However, he still thinks the slot for "The One" is open. He thinks he can move on. He had a dream of being in love with her, but the clock struck 12 and Brennarella ran away, leaving him only with the glass slipper - the memory of that dream. The prince takes the slipper and tries it on many women - but it will only fit the one it was make for - Brennan. He's trying it on Raghag because he wants that dream of love. He just doesn't realize that for him it can only be Brennan. As such, I'll mix in a couple other fairytales. Once he realizes the one is Brennan, he's going to have to break through the walls of thorns to awaken Sleeping Beauty in the Castle, or get Rapunzel to let down her hair so he can climb that tower and slip that slipper right on to Brennan's foot.

The reason I say it's not just a reset is that up until the 100th I think the assumpion was Booth KNEW Brennan was the one. After the 100th, IMO he can't know. In that sense I agree with you. If Booth KNEW Brennan was the one, his behavior makes no sense, very unBoothlike. The only way it makes sense to me is that he doesn't know she's THE ONE, just that he loves her, but it's not working out. He's about to learn she is by not being able to move on - despite having hot raghag around. He's going to realize it's only Brennan for him. Once he does, he won't be giving up - he's Booth! Smile

All that to say, under the above circumstances I find Booth's behavior reasonable - which doesn't change the fact that I HATE that they wrote it this way and I am STILL not watching the first three. puke
avatar
joybrennan
Head of Forensics
Head of Forensics

Number of posts : 1532
Age : 42
Location : NYC
Say What You Want : I like to see the roller-coaster before I get on it. I mean, how many loops are we talking here?
Registration date : 2010-03-07

Back to top Go down

Re: Press Release S6E02 "The Couple in the Cave"

Post by jro54 on Tue Sep 14, 2010 12:01 pm

joybrennan wrote:
adbyadby wrote:
the beaver1965 wrote:OK, Good advise. I will say this with no MEANNESS attached to it. Some posters are really disappointed at Booth for having another woman in his life. I didn't say Hate, only disappointed. Let all of us be honest with ourselves. Which one of us wouldn't have done the same thing Booth did when he was away. He was wounded because the love of his life(Brennan is most certainly the love of his life) turned him down, so he turned to someone else to erase the hurt. This definitely happens in real life.

I can say 100% that I would not have done the same thing. If Brennan was truly the love of his life, he would have given her more than 2 seconds before saying he needed to move on. I know from personal experience. My wfie said to me twice, she was not ready, butI didn't say then and there, that OMG I have to give up on you and move on. She is and always will be the love of my life, and She is and always will be the love of my life, and from the love of your life, you will NEVER EVER move on, you will wait as long as it takes.

I'm going say something that hopefully will give pause to this circular discussion.
@ adbyadby - I don't think ANYONE hated the end of 100th more than me - except for my liege, Robert the evil (get well soon, oh evil one. Smile ) IMO it not only resets B&B, but introduces character info that has to completely completely change a certain aspect of Booth.

Your aguement is based on the idea that Booth KNOWS Brennan is the love of his life. What if he DOESN'T know that? He asks Brennan to give them a shot, which isn't the language of k die for knowing a person's the one. Does he love Brennan? He would kill for her, die for her, and is sexually attracked to her, so I would say he does. However, he still thinks the slot for "The One" is open. He thinks he can move on. He had a dream of being in love with her, but the clock struck 12 and Brennarella ran away, leaving him only with the glass slipper - the memory of that dream. The prince takes the slipper and tries it on many women - but it will only fit the one it was make for - Brennan. He's trying it on Raghag because he wants that dream of love. He just doesn't realize that for him it can only be Brennan. As such, I'll mix in a couple other fairytales. Once he realizes the one is Brennan, he's going to have to break through the walls of thorns to awaken Sleeping Beauty in the Castle, or get Rapunzel to let down her hair so he can climb that tower and slip that slipper right on to Brennan's foot.

The reason I say it's not just a reset is that up until the 100th I think the assumpion was Booth KNEW Brennan was the one. After the 100th, IMO he can't know. In that sense I agree with you. If Booth KNEW Brennan was the one, his behavior makes no sense, very unBoothlike. The only way it makes sense to me is that he doesn't know she's THE ONE, just that he loves her, but it's not working out. He's about to learn she is by not being able to move on - despite having hot raghag around. He's going to realize it's only Brennan for him. Once he does, he won't be giving up - he's Booth! Smile

All that to say, under the above circumstances I find Booth's behavior reasonable - which doesn't change the fact that I HATE that they wrote it this way and I am STILL not watching the first three. puke

@Joy thumbsup bowdown hug
avatar
jro54
Head of Forensics
Head of Forensics

Number of posts : 1740
Age : 27
Location : Flagstaff, Arizona
Say What You Want : No matter what happens and the twists and turns that this show takes, I will always be a Bones fan!!!! Bring it on Hart!!!!boxing
Registration date : 2010-03-25

Back to top Go down

Re: Press Release S6E02 "The Couple in the Cave"

Post by future_anthro on Tue Sep 14, 2010 6:48 pm

and he tries to teach her that love is not always logical
That line had me raising an eyebrow slightly.
avatar
future_anthro
Doctor
Doctor

Number of posts : 621
Age : 31
Location : Brisbane, Australia
Registration date : 2010-04-29

Back to top Go down

Re: Press Release S6E02 "The Couple in the Cave"

Post by Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum