Why Is It Important To Like Hannah?

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Why Is It Important To Like Hannah?

Post by bailey on Fri Sep 17, 2010 11:56 am

joybrennan wrote:Raghag is a fictional character - as are B&B. What I hate is that something that was once a innovative, fun, interesting hour of television has resorted to the tactics of a daytime soap. puke


I know. Smile

I guess where we disagree is that I don't see this as soap opera tactics ... I might after I watch it, but I haven't seen it yet so I can't say that. This is a tactic used by many, many dramas and comedies throughout the years ... it just doesn't seem soap opeary to me .... but that's just me. Smile

But I admire your passion, even if it's in the opposite direction of my personal opinion. Love that people can be totally passionate about the same thing but in totally different ways.

Hopefully I can get half naked Booth screen caps without you know who to make pretty icons out of. I think we can all agree to like that. Laughing
avatar
bailey
Doctor
Doctor

Number of posts : 811
Say What You Want : "You just had a rebound. Yeah, which don't get me wrong can be a really fun distraction. But, when it's over, you're left thinking about the girl you really like, the one that broke your heart."

~ Jim Halpert
Registration date : 2010-05-11

Back to top Go down

Re: Why Is It Important To Like Hannah?

Post by RubyRuby on Fri Sep 17, 2010 12:16 pm

bailey wrote:
tinkrella wrote:
gordongordonfan wrote:
mommahurley wrote:It's the writers that put them into this situation.???

Of course it is...they aren't real....Every situation and even their characters are the writers creation. It's his creation, and he needs to follow his vision. If he listened to every person whith every opinion, the show would truly be a mess. I hear some of the funniest lamest things on here about things they think or hope will happen...honestly we are freaking out over stuff that is silly. They still have issues and things that they need to work on. Do you wait your whole life for one person, even though they said no to you, no matter how much you think you're in love with them? NO! If you did, we'd all be signing you up for intervention therapy! Life moves forward and healthy people do too. And they can come back around after they've learned more about themselves.

Let's wait and see... Shall we?

[Only admins are allowed to see this image] THIS! Well said!

Oh, and my BIG WISH.... it's not about the inner emotional turmoil of Brennan or the inevitable downward-spiral crumbling of Booths' pseudo relationship... nope. My BIG WISH is that WHILE B & B are doing all this learning about themselves we get back to some kick*ss cases, witty diagolgue, and great chemistry. (Cause without that, when B&B get to the point that they DO get together things won't be as meaningful and intense as we're wanting them to be!)

Well said. As much as I detest this storyline....the show would be a complete train wreck if the writers let fans dictate what happened from week to week. That's what we have fanfiction for.


Excellent points by all three of you!!! cheers

Even though I shouldn't, because I've heard it all summer, I'm still amazed by how much people are hating a storyline and a character that haven't even happened yet. "I don't think I like where this is going" is one thing ... the utter hatred we've seen is something different.

Oh, well, less than a week now, and personally, I cannot wait to see where this ride takes us!!! Smile

@ bailey. Wink I think the reason why I detest this storyline so much is becasue its just so unoriginal, sort of like, the easiest way to prolong B&B getting together, because they were running out of ideas. I was one of those people who defended the 100th episode in the tirade which came aferwards. I thought, OK so yes, they were too comfortable, and something had to change, and that it was going to be ok, that we would hate the writers, and then be dancing in our underwear by the finale. I remember saying that we should hang in there

Then those episodes aired, and everything felt off. B&B were painfully awkward, and the chemistry was lacking. The Boy with the Answer gave me hope, it was so raw, and B&B's connection shone through. My heart was hurting after the last scene, but I continued to have hope, because I sincerely believed that it was leading up to something positive. The finale would bring about that payoff we were told would happen.

So I watched the finale with anticipation, but alas, as Brennan walked away, and it faded to black, my husband had exclaimed, "Oh what???" and I couldn't say anything becasue I was crying like an idiot becasue my heart was being crushed by FICTIONAL characters.

After I got over it a bit, I reasoned that they would go away, gain some perspective, and that there was a promise to meet at the coffee cart, which would be wonderful to watch. B&B had given each other unsolicited advice, after all, proof of how much they felt for each other. I had thought, OK, it could be great. They probably wouldn't be together once they got back, and HH & Co would think of ideas to keep them apart, like PTSD, and dealing dealing with family issues, like it was hinted. Fine, B&B would pull through stronger than ever. It was leading up to something beautiful and epic.

Then rumours of SO start to circulate and I thought, Oh Ok, thats a bit risky, but maybe it won't be serious. During their time apart, B&B would have missed each other like hell, if that airport scene was anything to go by. Booth probably meets someone in the warzone, its tough, and he needs some company, he has a broken heart, and misses his kid, but its nothing serious. He might like her very much, but once they are home five months early, he knows that nothing can compare to THE ONE. Meanwhile Brennan would have had plenty of time to get perspective, and a good grip on her feelings. The separation would ultimately pay off.

Enter the fact that Hannah follows Booth to DC, and they are living together, didn't like it, but AGAIN I thought, Booth is helping out a friend, he's being a gentleman.

Enter, the fact that Booth and Hannah are glistening and grinning like thieves in bed. NO! That just screwed me up a little bit..no A LOT. (no pun intended).

Enter, the fact that we have now heard from HH, DB, ED, and nearly everyone else, that Booth is in love, and Hannah is just wonderful. pale B&B love story. instantly goes from epic to absolutely heartbreaking (as someone put it). Yes it will still be hot, and sweet, but there will still be a Meh...component for me when it happens. The 100th, which I defended so vehemently, has become an episode I can't watch, becasue it no longer makes sense to me. (I have explained my reasons several times in other threads).

Seeing the promos, and some of the scenes have just made me sad. I've just finished watching all of seasons 1 and 2, and am currently watching season 3. I can't even begin to tell you how happy it makes me to watch those episodes where everything clicked! B&B were phenomenal, cases were compelling, and the writing was exceptional.

It was a pleasure to watch. I don't watch a lot of TV, but that is what its all about for me. When something starts to make you sad, (and mad) there is not point rubbing it in, and making yourself even more sad (and mad). Its not that I want to see everything happen how I think, abslutely not. I guess I was just sort of hoping that HH & Co could be more creative than an SO storyline in Season 6, of all places.

Those are my reasons. Bones is my favourite show, and I was very very hopeful, and positive, and I think its great that so many of you are so pumped thumbsup But I know my limits, and I will probably roll my eyes out of their sockets if I torture myself by watching.

Sorry for the endless post.


Last edited by RubyRuby on Fri Sep 17, 2010 12:34 pm; edited 1 time in total
avatar
RubyRuby
Agent
Agent

Number of posts : 451
Age : 32
Location : Sydney
Say What You Want : Credit goes to bones/tumblr for the beautiful banner. I do NOT support the SO storyline. Its an insult to wonderful characters and the talented actors who portray them.
Registration date : 2010-07-29

Back to top Go down

Re: Why Is It Important To Like Hannah?

Post by boothgirl47 on Fri Sep 17, 2010 12:21 pm

I agree. I have loved this series from the beginning and have spread the love to family and friends who have watched it faithfully. I will give this season a chance but I will not like Hannah and if she is sticks around too long I will find something else to do on Thursday night.

boothgirl47
Newbie
Newbie

Number of posts : 9
Registration date : 2009-02-21

Back to top Go down

Re: Why Is It Important To Like Hannah?

Post by bailey on Fri Sep 17, 2010 12:25 pm

RubyRuby wrote:

@ bailey. Wink I think the reason why I detest this storyline so much is becasue its just so unoriginal, sort of like, the easiest way to prolong B&B getting together, because they were running out of ideas. I was one of those people who defended the 100th episode in the tirade which came aferwards. I thought, OK so yes, they were too comfortable, and something had to change, and that it was going to be ok, that we would hate the writers, and then be dancing in our underwear by the finale. I remember saying that we should hang in there

Then those episodes aired, and everything felt off. B&B were painfully awkward, and the chemistry was lacking. The Boy with the Answer gave me hope, it was so raw, and B&B's connection shone through. My heart was hurting after the last scene, but I continued to have hope, because I sincerely believed that it was leading up to something positive. The finale would bring about that payoff we were told would happen.

So I watched the finale with anticipation, but alas, as Brennan walked away, and it faded to black, my husband had exclaimed, "Oh what???" and I couldn't say anything becasue I was crying like an idiot becasue my heart was being crushed by FICTIONAL characters.

After I got over it a bit, I reasoned that they would go away, gain some perspective, and that there was a promise to meet at the coffee cart, which would be wonderful to watch. B&B had given each other unsolicited advice, after all, proof of how much they felt for each other. I had thought, OK, it could be great. They probably wouldn't be together once they got back, and HH & Co would think of ideas to keep them apart, like PTSD, and dealing dealing with family issues, like it was hinted. Fine, B&B would pull through stronger than ever. It was leading up to something beautiful and epic.

Then rumours of SO start to circulate and I thought, Oh Ok, thats a bit risky, but maybe it won't be serious. During their time apart, B&B would have missed each other like hell, if that airport scene was anything to go by. Booth probably meets someone in the warzone, its tough, and he needs some company, he has a broken heart, and misses his kid, but its nothing serious. He might like her very much, but once they are home five months early, he knows that nothing can compare to THE ONE. Meanwhile Brennan would have had plenty of time to get perspective, and a good grip on her feelings. The separation would ultimately pay off.

Enter the fact that Hannah follows Booth to DC, and they are living together, didn't like it, but AGAIN I thought, Booth is helping out a friend, he's being a gentleman.

Enter, the fact that Booth and Hannah are glistening and grinning like thieves in bed. NO! That just screwed me up a little bit..no A LOT. (no pun intended).

Enter, the fact that we have now heard from HH, DB, ED, and nearly everyone else, that Booth is in love, and Hannah is just wonderful. pale B&B love story. instantly goes from epic to absolutely heartbreaking (as someone put it). Yes it will still be hot, and sweet, but there will still be a Meh...component for me when it happens. The 100th, which I defended so vehemently, has become an episode I can't watch, becasue it no longer makes sense to me. (I have explained my reasons several times in other threads).

Seeing the promos, and some of the scenes have just made me sad. I've just finished watching all of seasons 1 and 2, and am currently watching season 3. I can't even begin to tell you how happy it makes me to watch those episodes where everything clicked! B&B were phenomenal, cases were compelling, and the writing was exceptional.

It was a pleasure to watch. I don't watch a lot of TV, but that is what its all about for me. When something starts to make you sad, (and mad) there is not point rubbing it in, and making yourself even more sad (and mad). Its not that I want to see everything happen how I think, abslutely not. I guess I was just sort of hoping that HH & Co could be more creative than an SO storyline in Season 6, of all places.

Those are my reasons. Bones is my favourite show, and I was very very hopeful, and positive, and I think its great that so many of you are so pumped thumbsup But I know my limits, and I will probably roll my eyes out of their sockets if I torture myself by watching.

Sorry for the endless post.













No problem, thanks for explaining your opinions so well. Smile I can actually see your point. I just am afraid that we're letting the spoilers make us upset more than the actual storyline will when it airs. Does that make sense? It's like I'm not 100% positive about this either, but there's so many ways it can happen, even the lines we've seen in sides, there's dozens of ways they can be delivered and taken .... and I have hope that I'll still enjoy the show, even if I'm not that fond of the whole Hannah thing. We're not really seeing the forrest for the trees I don't think. And I hope that when the actual episodes air that the people who've been so upset all summer will be able to enjoy them ... if not when they first air then at least at some point. I guess we're all talking in circles at this point, for me it just boils down to feeling like people are jumping the gun before giving season six a chance. Smile
avatar
bailey
Doctor
Doctor

Number of posts : 811
Say What You Want : "You just had a rebound. Yeah, which don't get me wrong can be a really fun distraction. But, when it's over, you're left thinking about the girl you really like, the one that broke your heart."

~ Jim Halpert
Registration date : 2010-05-11

Back to top Go down

Re: Why Is It Important To Like Hannah?

Post by MI_Bonesgirl on Fri Sep 17, 2010 12:34 pm

Bailey- you are right. Chances are what we see will not be as bad as what we think. It's never as bad as we think it is. Htere simply isn't enough time per episode for all of the extra drama. However I do agree with RubyRuby. The way she explained it is very similar to how I feel. It's hard. The only thing we can do is wait and see what happens or choose not to watch. Hopefully once we see some episodes and get more info on the middle of the season we will have a better grasp of where this storyline is headed. It's just nice to have a place to vent.
avatar
MI_Bonesgirl
Head of Forensics
Head of Forensics

Number of posts : 1147
Age : 39
Location : Michigan
Say What You Want : Onward and Upward, Season 6!!!
Registration date : 2010-03-23

Back to top Go down

Re: Why Is It Important To Like Hannah?

Post by jro54 on Fri Sep 17, 2010 12:52 pm

I agree with Bailey and Bonesgirl. I don't think it's going to be as bad as we think. Wink It's never as bad as we think. For all we know, Hannah will only last about 2/3's of the season, but she's only physically in episodes 2 or 3. I'm just sayin'...there simply isn't enough time per epi for little Miss Hannah when you include the case, the dialouge between B&B, and the dialouge between the other characters. I wouldn't be surprised if we actually spend more time hearing B&B talk about her, than physically seeing her. I know, hearing Booth brag about his relationship makes me want to puke too, but I would rather have that, than actually see him snuggle up to Hannah.

We don't what is going to happen, so all we have is our interpretations of the interview. Emily was the only one that said Booth is "in love." David makes it seem like it's no big deal and that Booth is only with Hannah to make Brennan jealous Rolling Eyes...but I don't think Hart has ever said that Booth is "in love." The only interview that I've seen of him is where he talks about how great Hannah and then he says that she's not Brennan...and I don't think Hart is pushing us to like Hannah. He knows that many fans won't like her, but he tries to make her likeable...because that is the whole point of the storyline. Hannah is the everything Booth would ever want. She's perfect. She's open with her emotions. She everythign that Brennan isn't...but she's not his Bones.

...And that kind of reminds me of something. I always thought that what Booth loved about Brennan was that she is physically strong, independent woman, but that she's very closed off with her emotions which I thought Booth was sensitive too (maybe not so much now Rolling Eyes) That she's the world differently than he does and that she constantly argues with him about it. I always thought that was kind of what attracted Booth to her...but Hannah, on the other hand, is completely opposite of Brennan. She's open with her emotions. She will probably see that the world the way that he does...and be sort of more like him, which might lead Booth to realize she's a good woman and they have alot in common, but she's simply jusy not his Bones.
avatar
jro54
Head of Forensics
Head of Forensics

Number of posts : 1740
Age : 27
Location : Flagstaff, Arizona
Say What You Want : No matter what happens and the twists and turns that this show takes, I will always be a Bones fan!!!! Bring it on Hart!!!!boxing
Registration date : 2010-03-25

Back to top Go down

Re: Why Is It Important To Like Hannah?

Post by joybrennan on Fri Sep 17, 2010 1:53 pm

RubyRuby wrote:
bailey wrote:
tinkrella wrote:
gordongordonfan wrote:
mommahurley wrote:It's the writers that put them into this situation.???

Of course it is...they aren't real....Every situation and even their characters are the writers creation. It's his creation, and he needs to follow his vision. If he listened to every person whith every opinion, the show would truly be a mess. I hear some of the funniest lamest things on here about things they think or hope will happen...honestly we are freaking out over stuff that is silly. They still have issues and things that they need to work on. Do you wait your whole life for one person, even though they said no to you, no matter how much you think you're in love with them? NO! If you did, we'd all be signing you up for intervention therapy! Life moves forward and healthy people do too. And they can come back around after they've learned more about themselves.

Let's wait and see... Shall we?

[Only admins are allowed to see this image] THIS! Well said!

Oh, and my BIG WISH.... it's not about the inner emotional turmoil of Brennan or the inevitable downward-spiral crumbling of Booths' pseudo relationship... nope. My BIG WISH is that WHILE B & B are doing all this learning about themselves we get back to some kick*ss cases, witty diagolgue, and great chemistry. (Cause without that, when B&B get to the point that they DO get together things won't be as meaningful and intense as we're wanting them to be!)

Well said. As much as I detest this storyline....the show would be a complete train wreck if the writers let fans dictate what happened from week to week. That's what we have fanfiction for.


Excellent points by all three of you!!! cheers

Even though I shouldn't, because I've heard it all summer, I'm still amazed by how much people are hating a storyline and a character that haven't even happened yet. "I don't think I like where this is going" is one thing ... the utter hatred we've seen is something different.

Oh, well, less than a week now, and personally, I cannot wait to see where this ride takes us!!! Smile

@ bailey. Wink I think the reason why I detest this storyline so much is becasue its just so unoriginal, sort of like, the easiest way to prolong B&B getting together, because they were running out of ideas. I was one of those people who defended the 100th episode in the tirade which came aferwards. I thought, OK so yes, they were too comfortable, and something had to change, and that it was going to be ok, that we would hate the writers, and then be dancing in our underwear by the finale. I remember saying that we should hang in there

Then those episodes aired, and everything felt off. B&B were painfully awkward, and the chemistry was lacking. The Boy with the Answer gave me hope, it was so raw, and B&B's connection shone through. My heart was hurting after the last scene, but I continued to have hope, because I sincerely believed that it was leading up to something positive. The finale would bring about that payoff we were told would happen.

So I watched the finale with anticipation, but alas, as Brennan walked away, and it faded to black, my husband had exclaimed, "Oh what???" and I couldn't say anything becasue I was crying like an idiot becasue my heart was being crushed by FICTIONAL characters.

After I got over it a bit, I reasoned that they would go away, gain some perspective, and that there was a promise to meet at the coffee cart, which would be wonderful to watch. B&B had given each other unsolicited advice, after all, proof of how much they felt for each other. I had thought, OK, it could be great. They probably wouldn't be together once they got back, and HH & Co would think of ideas to keep them apart, like PTSD, and dealing dealing with family issues, like it was hinted. Fine, B&B would pull through stronger than ever. It was leading up to something beautiful and epic.

Then rumours of SO start to circulate and I thought, Oh Ok, thats a bit risky, but maybe it won't be serious. During their time apart, B&B would have missed each other like hell, if that airport scene was anything to go by. Booth probably meets someone in the warzone, its tough, and he needs some company, he has a broken heart, and misses his kid, but its nothing serious. He might like her very much, but once they are home five months early, he knows that nothing can compare to THE ONE. Meanwhile Brennan would have had plenty of time to get perspective, and a good grip on her feelings. The separation would ultimately pay off.

Enter the fact that Hannah follows Booth to DC, and they are living together, didn't like it, but AGAIN I thought, Booth is helping out a friend, he's being a gentleman.

Enter, the fact that Booth and Hannah are glistening and grinning like thieves in bed. NO! That just screwed me up a little bit..no A LOT. (no pun intended).

Enter, the fact that we have now heard from HH, DB, ED, and nearly everyone else, that Booth is in love, and Hannah is just wonderful. pale B&B love story. instantly goes from epic to absolutely heartbreaking (as someone put it). Yes it will still be hot, and sweet, but there will still be a Meh...component for me when it happens. The 100th, which I defended so vehemently, has become an episode I can't watch, becasue it no longer makes sense to me. (I have explained my reasons several times in other threads).

Seeing the promos, and some of the scenes have just made me sad. I've just finished watching all of seasons 1 and 2, and am currently watching season 3. I can't even begin to tell you how happy it makes me to watch those episodes where everything clicked! B&B were phenomenal, cases were compelling, and the writing was exceptional.

It was a pleasure to watch. I don't watch a lot of TV, but that is what its all about for me. When something starts to make you sad, (and mad) there is not point rubbing it in, and making yourself even more sad (and mad). Its not that I want to see everything happen how I think, abslutely not. I guess I was just sort of hoping that HH & Co could be more creative than an SO storyline in Season 6, of all places.

Those are my reasons. Bones is my favourite show, and I was very very hopeful, and positive, and I think its great that so many of you are so pumped thumbsup But I know my limits, and I will probably roll my eyes out of their sockets if I torture myself by watching.

Sorry for the endless post.

I feel pretty much like you do. What really struck me in you post was how many times you let your hopes go up, only to have the rug pulled out from under you. That stuff really started in season four. Season five was, "don't worry, they get to restart and draw closer together" and THEY DID. Then the 100th and it was like the prior episodes of the season never happened.

So, it's not just the storyline. I don't trust the story-teller. This Charlie Brown has stopped running to kick the football. HH has thrown his characters under a bus for the sake of market-research. I just hope for his sake that the researchers studied the people who were actually watching the show. Not just random groups of ages 18-45. [Only admins are allowed to see this image]
avatar
joybrennan
Head of Forensics
Head of Forensics

Number of posts : 1532
Age : 42
Location : NYC
Say What You Want : I like to see the roller-coaster before I get on it. I mean, how many loops are we talking here?
Registration date : 2010-03-07

Back to top Go down

Re: Why Is It Important To Like Hannah?

Post by DoctorB on Fri Sep 17, 2010 8:28 pm

What Ruby said Smile

Heartbroken is the only way I can really describe how I feel about the show atm.

I would LOVE to be wrong about this season, I hope I can watch and love season six like I did (most of) the seasons that came before it. I hope that it's not as bad as it feels it is right now. Unfortunately after the Hannah storyline it's going to take a lot to convince me that Booth is unequivocally in love with Brennan like I always used to think he was. I hope they can pull it off Smile

DoctorB
Forensic Artist
Forensic Artist

Number of posts : 113
Registration date : 2010-04-10

Back to top Go down

Re: Why Is It Important To Like Hannah?

Post by ReginaPhalange on Sat Sep 18, 2010 8:04 am

I will marginally like Hannah if she in any way brings Booth and Brennan closer together or helps them acknowledge their love for each other. Period.
avatar
ReginaPhalange
Forensic Artist
Forensic Artist

Number of posts : 209
Registration date : 2009-05-20

Back to top Go down

Re: Why Is It Important To Like Hannah?

Post by recoveringbonesaddict on Sat Sep 18, 2010 9:00 am

joybrennan wrote:
RubyRuby wrote:
bailey wrote:
tinkrella wrote:
gordongordonfan wrote:
mommahurley wrote:It's the writers that put them into this situation.???

Of course it is...they aren't real....Every situation and even their characters are the writers creation. It's his creation, and he needs to follow his vision. If he listened to every person whith every opinion, the show would truly be a mess. I hear some of the funniest lamest things on here about things they think or hope will happen...honestly we are freaking out over stuff that is silly. They still have issues and things that they need to work on. Do you wait your whole life for one person, even though they said no to you, no matter how much you think you're in love with them? NO! If you did, we'd all be signing you up for intervention therapy! Life moves forward and healthy people do too. And they can come back around after they've learned more about themselves.

Let's wait and see... Shall we?

[Only admins are allowed to see this image] THIS! Well said!

Oh, and my BIG WISH.... it's not about the inner emotional turmoil of Brennan or the inevitable downward-spiral crumbling of Booths' pseudo relationship... nope. My BIG WISH is that WHILE B & B are doing all this learning about themselves we get back to some kick*ss cases, witty diagolgue, and great chemistry. (Cause without that, when B&B get to the point that they DO get together things won't be as meaningful and intense as we're wanting them to be!)

Well said. As much as I detest this storyline....the show would be a complete train wreck if the writers let fans dictate what happened from week to week. That's what we have fanfiction for.


Excellent points by all three of you!!! cheers

Even though I shouldn't, because I've heard it all summer, I'm still amazed by how much people are hating a storyline and a character that haven't even happened yet. "I don't think I like where this is going" is one thing ... the utter hatred we've seen is something different.

Oh, well, less than a week now, and personally, I cannot wait to see where this ride takes us!!! Smile

@ bailey. Wink I think the reason why I detest this storyline so much is becasue its just so unoriginal, sort of like, the easiest way to prolong B&B getting together, because they were running out of ideas. I was one of those people who defended the 100th episode in the tirade which came aferwards. I thought, OK so yes, they were too comfortable, and something had to change, and that it was going to be ok, that we would hate the writers, and then be dancing in our underwear by the finale. I remember saying that we should hang in there

Then those episodes aired, and everything felt off. B&B were painfully awkward, and the chemistry was lacking. The Boy with the Answer gave me hope, it was so raw, and B&B's connection shone through. My heart was hurting after the last scene, but I continued to have hope, because I sincerely believed that it was leading up to something positive. The finale would bring about that payoff we were told would happen.

So I watched the finale with anticipation, but alas, as Brennan walked away, and it faded to black, my husband had exclaimed, "Oh what???" and I couldn't say anything becasue I was crying like an idiot becasue my heart was being crushed by FICTIONAL characters.

After I got over it a bit, I reasoned that they would go away, gain some perspective, and that there was a promise to meet at the coffee cart, which would be wonderful to watch. B&B had given each other unsolicited advice, after all, proof of how much they felt for each other. I had thought, OK, it could be great. They probably wouldn't be together once they got back, and HH & Co would think of ideas to keep them apart, like PTSD, and dealing dealing with family issues, like it was hinted. Fine, B&B would pull through stronger than ever. It was leading up to something beautiful and epic.

Then rumours of SO start to circulate and I thought, Oh Ok, thats a bit risky, but maybe it won't be serious. During their time apart, B&B would have missed each other like hell, if that airport scene was anything to go by. Booth probably meets someone in the warzone, its tough, and he needs some company, he has a broken heart, and misses his kid, but its nothing serious. He might like her very much, but once they are home five months early, he knows that nothing can compare to THE ONE. Meanwhile Brennan would have had plenty of time to get perspective, and a good grip on her feelings. The separation would ultimately pay off.

Enter the fact that Hannah follows Booth to DC, and they are living together, didn't like it, but AGAIN I thought, Booth is helping out a friend, he's being a gentleman.

Enter, the fact that Booth and Hannah are glistening and grinning like thieves in bed. NO! That just screwed me up a little bit..no A LOT. (no pun intended).

Enter, the fact that we have now heard from HH, DB, ED, and nearly everyone else, that Booth is in love, and Hannah is just wonderful. pale B&B love story. instantly goes from epic to absolutely heartbreaking (as someone put it). Yes it will still be hot, and sweet, but there will still be a Meh...component for me when it happens. The 100th, which I defended so vehemently, has become an episode I can't watch, becasue it no longer makes sense to me. (I have explained my reasons several times in other threads).

Seeing the promos, and some of the scenes have just made me sad. I've just finished watching all of seasons 1 and 2, and am currently watching season 3. I can't even begin to tell you how happy it makes me to watch those episodes where everything clicked! B&B were phenomenal, cases were compelling, and the writing was exceptional.

It was a pleasure to watch. I don't watch a lot of TV, but that is what its all about for me. When something starts to make you sad, (and mad) there is not point rubbing it in, and making yourself even more sad (and mad). Its not that I want to see everything happen how I think, abslutely not. I guess I was just sort of hoping that HH & Co could be more creative than an SO storyline in Season 6, of all places.

Those are my reasons. Bones is my favourite show, and I was very very hopeful, and positive, and I think its great that so many of you are so pumped thumbsup But I know my limits, and I will probably roll my eyes out of their sockets if I torture myself by watching.

Sorry for the endless post.

I feel pretty much like you do. What really struck me in you post was how many times you let your hopes go up, only to have the rug pulled out from under you. That stuff really started in season four. Season five was, "don't worry, they get to restart and draw closer together" and THEY DID. Then the 100th and it was like the prior episodes of the season never happened.

So, it's not just the storyline. I don't trust the story-teller. This Charlie Brown has stopped running to kick the football. HH has thrown his characters under a bus for the sake of market-research. I just hope for his sake that the researchers studied the people who were actually watching the show. Not just random groups of ages 18-45. [Only admins are allowed to see this image]


I love your Charlie Brown reference, and I too am unwilling to give HH the benefit of the doubt. I have read in the past and I keep readings posts on this site and other sites by fans hoping that this will be the year or trying so desperately to convince themselves that all we need is more patience because eventually things will work out. In life however time and patience are commodities in short supply.

I think by season's end, fans will be on this forum writing eulogies for their once beloved show. Fans will look back and argue for an adequate explanation as to why the show falter, and they will see how even supposedly genius TV showrunner's can misread their audience.

I fell in love with Bones because it was different from CSI or any other crime solving dramas. The cases were interesting, and the characters were quirky but lovable. Slowly I became a shipper, and I wanted the relationship to develop gradually (to feel natural and within character). What I wanted most of all is that when the moment came, I wanted both of them to seize it. They didn't. Every time I see the 100 I think back to The Missed Moment speech from the Truth in the Lye, and I can't help but think that the 100 was their moment. Everything since and from what will happen from here on out is just the writers way of correcting a mistake for their lack of vision.

recoveringbonesaddict
Forensic Artist
Forensic Artist

Number of posts : 186
Registration date : 2010-04-17

Back to top Go down

Re: Why Is It Important To Like Hannah?

Post by Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

View previous topic View next topic Back to top


 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum