New Interviews 9/17 ~ Episode 1 spoiler clips~ Episode 2 B roll

Page 5 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: New Interviews 9/17 ~ Episode 1 spoiler clips~ Episode 2 B roll

Post by joybrennan on Mon Sep 20, 2010 12:28 pm

bailey wrote:Not to change the subject (although I'm pretty sure we've already talked this topic to death Wink) but did anyone else notice what Emily said about the new big bad and someone being killed?

"It might be me, I don't know."

She said something similar at Comic-Con. Ok, come on Emily, you're cute, but we all know you don't really think that. Lol. Smile

I don't know... They killed Booth, didn't they? It's only fair Brennan gets to die, too. Twisted Evil
avatar
joybrennan
Head of Forensics
Head of Forensics

Number of posts : 1532
Age : 42
Location : NYC
Say What You Want : I like to see the roller-coaster before I get on it. I mean, how many loops are we talking here?
Registration date : 2010-03-07

Back to top Go down

Re: New Interviews 9/17 ~ Episode 1 spoiler clips~ Episode 2 B roll

Post by joybrennan on Mon Sep 20, 2010 12:56 pm

Evil Monkey wrote:
joybrennan wrote:
Evil Monkey wrote:
treble21 wrote:
crzy4bones wrote:yeah...it did make Brennan look clueless especially since at the airport she acknowledged that Booth was leaving for a warzone...

I agree I have no idea why HH wrote it that way, it really does make Brennan look dumb, which she is not, she isn't the best with social graces, but what she does know is academic things, and being that she has been exposed to the after effects of many wars ( by way of identifying bodies) it makes absolutely no sense that she would ask "if he was in danger".

"In danger" I think means in this case "Did anyone shoot directly at you or deliberately try to kill you?"
IN A WAR ZONE? That is still a stupid question. You're in danger from the moment you arrive until you get the hell out. "No Bones, no was shooting at me directly - they were trying to get the guys across the street and the car bomb that went off wasn't meant for our guys." Come on! Supposedly Brennan's character was in a TON of unstable political situations with with rebel fighting going on etc. Mentioned directly in season ONE. She would know better. Maybe HH doesn't. He clearly has NO idea about this war/military/rebel forces. It's BAD writing. Do some frigging research, and try remembering who your characters are! Mad And yeah, for the record I have relatives over there. Haven't mentioned it before. but I am, because this little moment, for Brennan, the world traveled genuis to ask that? It is the THE DUMBEST question anyone could ask someone coming back from a WARZONE. [Only admins are allowed to see this link]

First of all, calm down.

Secondly, put this in perspective: You don't have to do research to know that Afghanistan is a dangerous place. Everyone knows that. The whole country is a war zone. However, not EVERYONE who goes to Afghanistan is necessarily going to get shot at every day just because it's a war zone (Obama didn't get shot at when he went to visit). There are certain zones that are "secure", and then there are other zones in which there's a lot of fighting going on.

When Brennan asks "were you in any danger?", she's not asking "Were you at risk of being killed?" Obviously, she knows that there was a risk of him getting killed. She's asking if any specific life-threatening incidents happened.


Honey, if I needed to calm down, the language I'd be using in my posting would have had alot of words that were just letters with stars between them. Anyway,
let's see, Booth is training the Afghanistan soldiers/police so that they can fight the opposition by themselves so that we can get the hell out. And the training is happening in a nice, safe zone, because clearly, the opposition isn't going to attack a training site. Shocked

You do realize that outside of an actual base or hot zone, a training facility is one of most dangerous places to be, right?

As for the writing in terms of character, Brennan is literal and specific. She actually would ask, "Did any specific life-threatening incidents happen?" Now, THAT, sounds like Brennan. You should see if HH has any openings for writers, because judging by some of this new dialogue, they all seem to have forgotten who the characters ARE that they writing for. The fact that we're going back and forth trying to dissect something that makes SENSE for the character and situation really says it all.
avatar
joybrennan
Head of Forensics
Head of Forensics

Number of posts : 1532
Age : 42
Location : NYC
Say What You Want : I like to see the roller-coaster before I get on it. I mean, how many loops are we talking here?
Registration date : 2010-03-07

Back to top Go down

Re: New Interviews 9/17 ~ Episode 1 spoiler clips~ Episode 2 B roll

Post by jro54 on Mon Sep 20, 2010 1:08 pm

crzy4bones wrote:
treble21 wrote:
I can't agree with this more (I'm on a roll agreeing with you today LOL) this is exactly where I see it going as well. Also while the romantic in me really wants to see Booth all out pursue Brennan, I really don't think he will ( or should ) go there unless he gets some sort of indication from her that she would be receptive.

Exactly..the romantic in me would love to see him court her, and that might happen...but it's not going to happen until she puts her heart on the line to him. And it has to come directly FROM Brennan. Besides, neither Cam or Angela are the types to go to Booth, on Brennan's behalf. Angela will have conversations with Brennan about Booth, but she would never betray Brennan by running to Booth and telling him. Booth has initiated conversations with Ang about Brennan but she never let anything private out to him and I don't see that changing. And Cam is one of Booth's closest friends. While she knew Booth's feelings, I don't see Brennan confessing to her about it...and if by some chance she did, I also don't see Cam telling Booth. Cam's prett no nonsense...I think after the Rebecca gossip incident, she's pretty mindful of Booth's feelings...

jro54 - 2 things...First thing, I think there are going to be 2 stages of Brennan's discovery...one During Hannan (DH) and one After Hannah (AH). Brennan will try to connect with him on a friend level DH...while she may come to the conclusion that she loves him DH, I don't think she verbalizes it to anyone, like Angela until AH. Second thing...why is it so important to you that it absolutely HAS to be Booth pursuing her? What sense would it make for Booth to put his heart on the line again, without her making the first move?

I stated in my post after the "Brennan" part that I'm sure Booth will realize that he can't move/Brennan is the ONE/whatever, but I wrote that even though he has not intention of pursuing her. I know that Booth won't dump Hannah just to chase Brennan because he probably still won't think she's in love with him...because she stayed his "supportive" best friend.

You keep saying that Brennan has to make the first move...but I don't see her doing that. She might do that, but she's NOT going to pursue him after she sees how happy and in love he is with Hannah and thinks about everything he's said about love and relationships. She's NOT going to think that he's in love with her, but that he's in love with Hannah, so why would she pursue him? You do make a valid point. If she does make her move and verbally admits to herself and to someone else, it will probably be after Hannah leaves...but I don't think it will be very easy for her to admit. I don't see her just going to show up at his apartment wearing nothing but trench coat after Hannah leaves...and this is where I think how stupid and pointless this SO storyline is. B&B are going to realize that love each other, but they won't talk...because they won't think that each other loves them (Brennan won't believe that Booth's in love with her/he still won't think she's in love with him)

...and I just would like to see Booth pursue Brennan...because he didn't do that and I don't like how they portrayed his character in season 5. He may or may not have realized that Brennan was the ONE, before he said, "Let's give it a shot." I think even if he would have poured heart to he, she still would have balked...but he just have up and found some else. Mainly, I just want to see Booth go back to seasons 1-3 Booth, instead of sad, mopey Booth.


Last edited by jro54 on Mon Sep 20, 2010 1:34 pm; edited 1 time in total
avatar
jro54
Head of Forensics
Head of Forensics

Number of posts : 1740
Age : 27
Location : Flagstaff, Arizona
Say What You Want : No matter what happens and the twists and turns that this show takes, I will always be a Bones fan!!!! Bring it on Hart!!!!boxing
Registration date : 2010-03-25

Back to top Go down

Re: New Interviews 9/17 ~ Episode 1 spoiler clips~ Episode 2 B roll

Post by Evil Monkey on Mon Sep 20, 2010 1:27 pm

joybrennan wrote:
Evil Monkey wrote:
joybrennan wrote:
Evil Monkey wrote:
treble21 wrote:
crzy4bones wrote:yeah...it did make Brennan look clueless especially since at the airport she acknowledged that Booth was leaving for a warzone...

I agree I have no idea why HH wrote it that way, it really does make Brennan look dumb, which she is not, she isn't the best with social graces, but what she does know is academic things, and being that she has been exposed to the after effects of many wars ( by way of identifying bodies) it makes absolutely no sense that she would ask "if he was in danger".

"In danger" I think means in this case "Did anyone shoot directly at you or deliberately try to kill you?"
IN A WAR ZONE? That is still a stupid question. You're in danger from the moment you arrive until you get the hell out. "No Bones, no was shooting at me directly - they were trying to get the guys across the street and the car bomb that went off wasn't meant for our guys." Come on! Supposedly Brennan's character was in a TON of unstable political situations with with rebel fighting going on etc. Mentioned directly in season ONE. She would know better. Maybe HH doesn't. He clearly has NO idea about this war/military/rebel forces. It's BAD writing. Do some frigging research, and try remembering who your characters are! Mad And yeah, for the record I have relatives over there. Haven't mentioned it before. but I am, because this little moment, for Brennan, the world traveled genuis to ask that? It is the THE DUMBEST question anyone could ask someone coming back from a WARZONE. [Only admins are allowed to see this link]

First of all, calm down.

Secondly, put this in perspective: You don't have to do research to know that Afghanistan is a dangerous place. Everyone knows that. The whole country is a war zone. However, not EVERYONE who goes to Afghanistan is necessarily going to get shot at every day just because it's a war zone (Obama didn't get shot at when he went to visit). There are certain zones that are "secure", and then there are other zones in which there's a lot of fighting going on.

When Brennan asks "were you in any danger?", she's not asking "Were you at risk of being killed?" Obviously, she knows that there was a risk of him getting killed. She's asking if any specific life-threatening incidents happened.


Honey, if I needed to calm down, the language I'd be using in my posting would have had alot of words that were just letters with stars between them. Anyway,
let's see, Booth is training the Afghanistan soldiers/police so that they can fight the opposition by themselves so that we can get the hell out. And the training is happening in a nice, safe zone, because clearly, the opposition isn't going to attack a training site. Shocked

You do realize that outside of an actual base or hot zone, a training facility is one of most dangerous places to be, right?

As for the writing in terms of character, Brennan is literal and specific. She actually would ask, "Did any specific life-threatening incidents happen?" Now, THAT, sounds like Brennan. You should see if HH has any openings for writers, because judging by some of this new dialogue, they all seem to have forgotten who the characters ARE that they writing for. The fact that we're going back and forth trying to dissect something that makes SENSE for the character and situation really says it all.

I thought he was sent there to train Americans on how to apprehend insurgents, not train Afghanis (the Colonel/Recruiter guy did say we're losing a lot of our own people because they're not properly trained). I guess his assignment changed. But whatever.

Anyway, upon viewing the clip again, now it looks more like she's just trying to make conversation (awkwardly) by asking an obvious question ("Was it dangerous in Afghanistan?"), which - after Booth tries to play it down - she then follows up by pretty much saying that she already knows the answer ("Because you seem really heavily armed in this photograph."). And yes, it does come off as pretty awkward, but that may or may not be deliberate. She hasn't heard from him in seven months after all.
avatar
Evil Monkey
Squint
Squint

Number of posts : 75
Registration date : 2010-07-17

Back to top Go down

Re: New Interviews 9/17 ~ Episode 1 spoiler clips~ Episode 2 B roll

Post by mommahurley on Mon Sep 20, 2010 1:44 pm

jro54 wrote:
crzy4bones wrote:
treble21 wrote:
I can't agree with this more (I'm on a roll agreeing with you today LOL) this is exactly where I see it going as well. Also while the romantic in me really wants to see Booth all out pursue Brennan, I really don't think he will ( or should ) go there unless he gets some sort of indication from her that she would be receptive.

Exactly..the romantic in me would love to see him court her, and that might happen...but it's not going to happen until she puts her heart on the line to him. And it has to come directly FROM Brennan. Besides, neither Cam or Angela are the types to go to Booth, on Brennan's behalf. Angela will have conversations with Brennan about Booth, but she would never betray Brennan by running to Booth and telling him. Booth has initiated conversations with Ang about Brennan but she never let anything private out to him and I don't see that changing. And Cam is one of Booth's closest friends. While she knew Booth's feelings, I don't see Brennan confessing to her about it...and if by some chance she did, I also don't see Cam telling Booth. Cam's prett no nonsense...I think after the Rebecca gossip incident, she's pretty mindful of Booth's feelings...

jro54 - 2 things...First thing, I think there are going to be 2 stages of Brennan's discovery...one During Hannan (DH) and one After Hannah (AH). Brennan will try to connect with him on a friend level DH...while she may come to the conclusion that she loves him DH, I don't think she verbalizes it to anyone, like Angela until AH. Second thing...why is it so important to you that it absolutely HAS to be Booth pursuing her? What sense would it make for Booth to put his heart on the line again, without her making the first move?

I stated in my post after the "Brennan" part that I'm sure Booth will realize that he can't move/Brennan is the ONE/whatever, but I wrote that even though he has not intention of pursuing her. I know that Booth won't dump Hannah just to chase Brennan because he probably still won't think she's in love with him...because she stayed his "supportive" best friend.

You keep saying that Brennan has to make the first move...but I don't see her doing that. She's NOT going to pursue him after she sees how happy and in love he is with Hannah and thinks about everything he's said about love and relationships. She's NOT going to think that he's in love with her, but that he's in love with Hannah, so why would she pursue him? You do make a valid point. If she does make her move and verbally admits to herself and to someone else, it will probably be after Hannah leaves...but I don't think it will be very easy for her to admit. She's NOT just going to show up at his apartment wearing nothing but trench coat rafter Hannah leaves. I've been reading some of your posts..and you seem to always look at the show through Booth's perspective. I'm not saying that it's wrong. It's just your way of seeing things and I respect that...but you should consider Brennan's perspective. What she wants, what she needs, how she's going to feel seeing Booth snuggle to some other woman.

...and this is where I think how stupid and pointless this SO storyline is. B&B are going to realize that love each other, but they won't talk because they won't think that each other loves them (Brennan won't believe that Booth's in love with her/he still won't think she's in love with him)

...and I just would like to see Booth pursue Brennan...because he didn't do that and I don't like how they portrayed his character in season 5. I just don't feel like he really A knew Brennan was the ONE. He just gave up, found someone else. I just want to see Booth go back to seasons 1-3 Booth, instead of sad, mopey Booth.

I really don't understand why it has to go exactly that way in order for it to be satisfying. Can't it be just as fun to see it unfold in a way that you never expected...to be surprised? Also, I don't remember seasons 1-3 being at all Booth persuing Brennan...most of the time he was completely exasperated with her, impatient with her, teasing with her and flirting with her, but never did I get the impression that he was actually persuing her. Anymore than I got the impression that she was persuing him...it was all a cat and mouse dance...bust mostly, it was loyalty, friendship, a true Partnership, with a deep abiding affection for eachother, but certainly only hints that either would be open to more... So I guess I don't get why you want to go backward to that?

I think that we're going to see Brennan display what she feels, which is love, but it's in the form of sacrificing her own happiness to encourage the happiness of the guy she loves deeply. But I think she's going to come to realize that it is hard. That it gives her a serious knot in her stomach. I think we may see her express analytical feelings that we understand as envy, lovesickness etc...but she will be clueless to the meaning of these symptoms. Perhaos Angela will be the one to expain the facts of love to her whe Brennan tells her of her symptoms? who knows.

I don't feel that Booth owes her anything at all. I think that Booth, becuase he is Booth will be kind and feel uncomfortable with talking about Hannah or seeing Hannah in front of Brennan...But he has spent 5 years being there for her...and she said NO! He's been there watching her grow and try to change, but when he and WE finally felt that she had changed so much that she was now going to be ready to be open to love with Booth....SHE SAID NO!!! I CAN'T CHANGE!! I WON'T CHANGE FOR YOU! I don't believe in LOVE~I WILL END UP BREAKING YOUR HEART I'M BAD FOR YOU!...He had no other choice but to move on. He's not a lap dog that will keep coming back no matter how much he's kicked. He's a man. A strong man. A man who's been abused by his father, "who know's?" by his mother...shot at, tortured, treated badly by the mother of his son, tormented by the lives he's taken, determined to be a hero...and he's still strong, smiles, moves on and looks for the happy and good side of life. He doesn't owe her anything...

But he will still feel the same way about her in the end...and he will still be a hero and act honorably, because he's Booth. I have no doubt about that! Whether he persues her or she persues him...doesn't matter to me at all. I see it as more of a dance...each moves forward and backward in response to the other's movement, circling like jungle cats... until at some point, they both move forward at the same time...and POW... Magic.

mommahurley
Agent
Agent

Number of posts : 311
Registration date : 2009-12-03

Back to top Go down

Re: New Interviews 9/17 ~ Episode 1 spoiler clips~ Episode 2 B roll

Post by mommahurley on Mon Sep 20, 2010 1:53 pm

crzy4bones wrote:
elyon wrote:Also, it goes against everything in the finale that was pushing Booth to go to Afghanistan to save lives. How does doing admin work factor in? I get it that Booth isn't one to brag about his heroism and Brennan told him not to be a hero so he's downplaying his role there but to dismiss it as admin work makes it sound as if his going there had no real purpose (and you won't get an argument on that from me!).

Could it be an after effect of Brennan rejecting him...that maybe he's not going to be as open as he used to be with her, since she has drawn this other line in the sand that all she wants is a work relationship? Maybe now it's Booth who is putting up the walls and only sharing small bits rather then putting everything out there, like whereas at one time, he shared extremely personal bits of himself...like his Mom's meatloaf story, and now, he's only going back to just the basics...


How quickly we forget..that Brennan was always telling him, he's secretive...he keeps everything to himself...he is uncomfortable talking about his sex life, or his personal business....? He's always minimized his heroism and the pain or danger he's been in . When he was blown up in her kitchen and she asked him about his being beaten and tortured, he made light of it. It's just the way he is!

Brennan asking if he was in danger...doesn't have to be clueless. sometimes it's her just being supportive...if she doesn't bring it up, he's not going to just start complaining about how dangerous it is, so she brings it up as an opening for him to share his feelings about it. But as is usual for Booth, he downplays it.

I don't see anything dumb or clueless about this. It's like when someone is in pain...is obviously in pain, is on major pain meds...and you say..."Does it hurt much?" Or if your kid is telling you they didn't eat the cookie and you know they ate the cookie...you say "Are you sure you didn't eat the cookie...cause you have crumbs around your mouth..." It's just a supportive caring statement, or a bullsheesh reality check, and a conversation starter. Of course she knows he was in danger! Or at least possible danger.

People...If you really want to enjoy this show, you have to think with your heart, and your brain, and not be so literal and controlling all the time. For me, the best episodes are the ones that suprise me and don't do what I was expecting.
* Unless it's walk away without a hug or kiss at the airport!!!! lol. But, I digress.... lol*


Last edited by mommahurley on Mon Sep 20, 2010 2:05 pm; edited 1 time in total

mommahurley
Agent
Agent

Number of posts : 311
Registration date : 2009-12-03

Back to top Go down

Re: New Interviews 9/17 ~ Episode 1 spoiler clips~ Episode 2 B roll

Post by 192630 on Mon Sep 20, 2010 2:03 pm

bailey wrote:Not to change the subject (although I'm pretty sure we've already talked this topic to death Wink) but did anyone else notice what Emily said about the new big bad and someone being killed?

"It might be me, I don't know."

She said something similar at Comic-Con. Ok, come on Emily, you're cute, but we all know you don't really think that. Lol. Smile

I got that the both times she said that the death of a character maybe hers. I think both her and David get tired of the same questions and change there answers to make more interesting for them.
But who knows.

192630
Forensic Artist
Forensic Artist

Number of posts : 165
Age : 116
Location : California
Registration date : 2008-06-23

Back to top Go down

Re: New Interviews 9/17 ~ Episode 1 spoiler clips~ Episode 2 B roll

Post by jro54 on Mon Sep 20, 2010 2:10 pm

Quotes are getting too long.

@mommahurely It's not that I don't want B&B's relationship to back to seasons 1-3, it's just that I would like to see Booth go back to being more, "kick-ass, strong" Booth, instead of sad, mopey Booth. I can't even watch season five, especially "The Dwarf in the Dirt," where Booth tells GG, "She doesn't love me." UGH. That's the only reason why I like this SO storyline..because I would much rather see Booth happy (even if it's with someone else "temporarily") than sad, mopey Booth.

Edit:..and mommahurely, your posts last week have had a positive effect on me, like I said in another thread. I'm still not sure if Booth knew Brennan was the one, but I think he can still fall deeper in love with Brennan. I have no doubt that when Hannah leaves, B&B will be able to admit to themselves that they love each other and want to be together, but I just don't see how they can admit their feelings to each other, which I explained in the rest of my post.

I see that almost everyone here has their own opinion about "Booth vs Brennan." I'm not saying that anyone is right or wrong. It's just that everyone as their own way of looking at things. I see both sides. They are BOTH resposible for this mess. They are both flawed characters.

I understand that Booth won't want to put his heart out on the line again because he truly thinks that she doesn't love him and she rejected him...but I also know that Brennan didn't reject him because she doesn't love or that she doesn't want to be with him. She rejected him because she thinks that she can't change, that she's not worthy of his love. She thinks that she is protecting him is someway, otherwise she wouldn't give some little sob story about she can't change. She's not going to pursue him after she sees that he’s apparently so happy and in love with Hannah. She’s not going to think that he’s in love her, that he wants her, but that he clearly wants Hannah…So why would she go after Booth if she thinks that he’s so happy and in love with someone else? Why would she go after a guy who she's know is emotionally and physically unavailable? After everything he's said about love and relationships. I think that Brennan is going to have to admit her feelings for Booth, but I don't think it's going to be easy for her...not after seeing him with Hannah. She's not just going to show up at his apartment wearing nothing but a trench coat...and even after Hannah leaves, Brennan's still not going to think that Booth's in love with her, so why even pursue him?

...which kind of sucks because after Hannah leaves, B&B will have realized that they love each other, but neither of them are going to talk...because it simply wouldn't make sense. Booth won't pursue her because he's still going to think that she doesn't love him...but why would Brennan pursue him after he puts his lips all over Hannah in front of her? She's going to think that he doesn't love her, but that he was seriously head over heels in love with Hannah...so why would she go after him?
avatar
jro54
Head of Forensics
Head of Forensics

Number of posts : 1740
Age : 27
Location : Flagstaff, Arizona
Say What You Want : No matter what happens and the twists and turns that this show takes, I will always be a Bones fan!!!! Bring it on Hart!!!!boxing
Registration date : 2010-03-25

Back to top Go down

Re: New Interviews 9/17 ~ Episode 1 spoiler clips~ Episode 2 B roll

Post by joybrennan on Mon Sep 20, 2010 3:15 pm

MODERATOR WARNING
Please respect your fellow Aby posters. It is one thing to have a different opinion or feeling about the show's direction. On a forum, we all have different opinions about the show, the writing, etc. A forum is a place to talk about why you think the show is going to be amazing, or why you think it's going to suck. You can discuss and debate theories or scenarios of different ways things could turn out. You can be micro or macro about your approach. We are all free to express those things.

However, it is something else when you are telling other people they should take your approach or feel the way you do about an issue. Having the need to tell someone what they should do or feel in regards to the show is inappropriate for the forum and being disrespectful to fellow posters. As season six is starting to get into swing, people are going to have a variety of opinions. Have them, debate them, argue! Laughing Just, please keep your comments to the show and the theories about the show - not the posters.
avatar
joybrennan
Head of Forensics
Head of Forensics

Number of posts : 1532
Age : 42
Location : NYC
Say What You Want : I like to see the roller-coaster before I get on it. I mean, how many loops are we talking here?
Registration date : 2010-03-07

Back to top Go down

Re: New Interviews 9/17 ~ Episode 1 spoiler clips~ Episode 2 B roll

Post by mommahurley on Mon Sep 20, 2010 3:32 pm

jro54 wrote:Quotes are getting too long.

@mommahurely It's not that I don't want B&B's relationship to back to seasons 1-3, it's just that I would like to see Booth go back to being more, "kick-ass, strong" Booth, instead of sad, mopey Booth. I can't even watch season five, especially "The Dwarf in the Dirt," where Booth tells GG, "She doesn't love me." UGH. That's the only reason why I like this SO storyline..because I would much rather see Booth happy (even if it's with someone else "temporarily") than sad, mopey Booth.

Edit:..and mommahurely, your posts last week have had a positive effect on me, like I said in another thread. I'm still not sure if Booth knew Brennan was the one, but I think he can still fall deeper in love with Brennan. I have no doubt that when Hannah leaves, B&B will be able to admit to themselves that they love each other and want to be together, but I just don't see how they can admit their feelings to each other, which I explained in the rest of my post.

I see that almost everyone here has their own opinion about "Booth vs Brennan." I'm not saying that anyone is right or wrong. It's just that everyone as their own way of looking at things. I see both sides. They are BOTH resposible for this mess. They are both flawed characters.

I understand that Booth won't want to put his heart out on the line again because he truly thinks that she doesn't love him and she rejected him...but I also know that Brennan didn't reject him because she doesn't love or that she doesn't want to be with him. She rejected him because she thinks that she can't change, that she's not worthy of his love. She thinks that she is protecting him is someway, otherwise she wouldn't give some little sob story about she can't change. She's not going to pursue him after she sees that he’s apparently so happy and in love with Hannah. She’s not going to think that he’s in love her, that he wants her, but that he clearly wants Hannah…So why would she go after Booth if she thinks that he’s so happy and in love with someone else? Why would she go after a guy who she's know is emotionally and physically unavailable? After everything he's said about love and relationships. I think that Brennan is going to have to admit her feelings for Booth, but I don't think it's going to be easy for her...not after seeing him with Hannah. She's not just going to show up at his apartment wearing nothing but a trench coat...and even after Hannah leaves, Brennan's still not going to think that Booth's in love with her, so why even pursue him?

...which kind of sucks because after Hannah leaves, B&B will have realized that they love each other, but neither of them are going to talk...because it simply wouldn't make sense. Booth won't pursue her because he's still going to think that she doesn't love him...but why would Brennan pursue him after he puts his lips all over Hannah in front of her? She's going to think that he doesn't love her, but that he was seriously head over heels in love with Hannah...so why would she go after him?

Yep!!! I agree with you on most of this!!! She rejected him because she loves him...it's herself that she doesn't believe in....But the problem is...we see this...but he doesn't, becuase he can't see her the way we see her...he only saw himself finally get up the guts to take a chance...and he got totally shot down.

So I think that in the end...when all is said and done, it's not really going to matter to Brennan that Booth was with Hannah, becuase one, she's not that emotional about stuff like that...and two...I think there will be a process where she realizes that he loves her, and can't make it work with Hannah...and Booth may realize that the fact that Bones is trying to support him actually does mean that she loves him...

Remember when he said "If she loved me I would know...I would feel it"? well I have a feeling..that he's going to feel it! And once they both realize not only that they know...but they know that they know!!! ....lol.... it's going to start falling into place.

And I for one am going to enjoy every step of that process, and enjoy the fact that I think there's going to be some very awkward moments that make you squirm, followed by touching moments, followed by tense moments...followed by..... POWWWWW good stuff! lol. I have gotten to the point, where I don't really care if it happens right now, as long as it happens in a really good, exciting, and tense way.

I Have to say, I'm really enjoying your new openminded positive attitude!!1 lol. Not because I need you to agree with me, but because It makes me feel good to know you're going to enjoy the show you love more than when you felt the way you felt a couple of weeks ago.... and that's a good feeling!

mommahurley
Agent
Agent

Number of posts : 311
Registration date : 2009-12-03

Back to top Go down

Re: New Interviews 9/17 ~ Episode 1 spoiler clips~ Episode 2 B roll

Post by joybrennan on Mon Sep 20, 2010 3:51 pm

@ evilmonkey - lol - I liked your last scenario - Brennan is asking dumb because she doesn't know what to say to Booth - THAT I'll buy. Very Happy

Also in season 5 it WAS to train our guys, the sides for six changed it to training their guys. Rolling Eyes
avatar
joybrennan
Head of Forensics
Head of Forensics

Number of posts : 1532
Age : 42
Location : NYC
Say What You Want : I like to see the roller-coaster before I get on it. I mean, how many loops are we talking here?
Registration date : 2010-03-07

Back to top Go down

Re: New Interviews 9/17 ~ Episode 1 spoiler clips~ Episode 2 B roll

Post by Evil Monkey on Mon Sep 20, 2010 3:55 pm

joybrennan wrote:@ evilmonkey - lol - I liked your last scenario - Brennan is asking dumb because she doesn't know what to say to Booth - THAT I'll buy. Very Happy

Well, ok. That settles that then. Yay. Moving on...


Also in season 5 it WAS to train our guys, the sides for six changed it to training their guys. Rolling Eyes

Maybe Booth was issued new orders at some point. I dunno. That's just my guess.
avatar
Evil Monkey
Squint
Squint

Number of posts : 75
Registration date : 2010-07-17

Back to top Go down

Re: New Interviews 9/17 ~ Episode 1 spoiler clips~ Episode 2 B roll

Post by jro54 on Mon Sep 20, 2010 4:07 pm

mommahurley wrote:
jro54 wrote:Quotes are getting too long.

@mommahurely It's not that I don't want B&B's relationship to back to seasons 1-3, it's just that I would like to see Booth go back to being more, "kick-ass, strong" Booth, instead of sad, mopey Booth. I can't even watch season five, especially "The Dwarf in the Dirt," where Booth tells GG, "She doesn't love me." UGH. That's the only reason why I like this SO storyline..because I would much rather see Booth happy (even if it's with someone else "temporarily") than sad, mopey Booth.

Edit:..and mommahurely, your posts last week have had a positive effect on me, like I said in another thread. I'm still not sure if Booth knew Brennan was the one, but I think he can still fall deeper in love with Brennan. I have no doubt that when Hannah leaves, B&B will be able to admit to themselves that they love each other and want to be together, but I just don't see how they can admit their feelings to each other, which I explained in the rest of my post.

I see that almost everyone here has their own opinion about "Booth vs Brennan." I'm not saying that anyone is right or wrong. It's just that everyone as their own way of looking at things. I see both sides. They are BOTH resposible for this mess. They are both flawed characters.

I understand that Booth won't want to put his heart out on the line again because he truly thinks that she doesn't love him and she rejected him...but I also know that Brennan didn't reject him because she doesn't love or that she doesn't want to be with him. She rejected him because she thinks that she can't change, that she's not worthy of his love. She thinks that she is protecting him is someway, otherwise she wouldn't give some little sob story about she can't change. She's not going to pursue him after she sees that he’s apparently so happy and in love with Hannah. She’s not going to think that he’s in love her, that he wants her, but that he clearly wants Hannah…So why would she go after Booth if she thinks that he’s so happy and in love with someone else? Why would she go after a guy who she's know is emotionally and physically unavailable? After everything he's said about love and relationships. I think that Brennan is going to have to admit her feelings for Booth, but I don't think it's going to be easy for her...not after seeing him with Hannah. She's not just going to show up at his apartment wearing nothing but a trench coat...and even after Hannah leaves, Brennan's still not going to think that Booth's in love with her, so why even pursue him?

...which kind of sucks because after Hannah leaves, B&B will have realized that they love each other, but neither of them are going to talk...because it simply wouldn't make sense. Booth won't pursue her because he's still going to think that she doesn't love him...but why would Brennan pursue him after he puts his lips all over Hannah in front of her? She's going to think that he doesn't love her, but that he was seriously head over heels in love with Hannah...so why would she go after him?

Yep!!! I agree with you on most of this!!! She rejected him because she loves him...it's herself that she doesn't believe in....But the problem is...we see this...but he doesn't, becuase he can't see her the way we see her...he only saw himself finally get up the guts to take a chance...and he got totally shot down.

So I think that in the end...when all is said and done, it's not really going to matter to Brennan that Booth was with Hannah, becuase one, she's not that emotional about stuff like that...and two...I think there will be a process where she realizes that he loves her, and can't make it work with Hannah...and Booth may realize that the fact that Bones is trying to support him actually does mean that she loves him...Remember when he said "If she loved me I would know...I would feel it"? well I have a feeling..that he's going to feel it! And once they both realize not only that they know...but they know that they know!!! ....lol.... it's going to start falling into place.
And I for one am going to enjoy every step of that process, and enjoy the fact that I think there's going to be some very awkward moments that make you squirm, followed by touching moments, followed by tense moments...followed by..... POWWWWW good stuff! lol. I have gotten to the point, where I don't really care if it happens right now, as long as it happens in a really good, exciting, and tense way.

I Have to say, I'm really enjoying your new openminded positive attitude!!1 lol. Not because I need you to agree with me, but because It makes me feel good to know you're going to enjoy the show you love more than when you felt the way you felt a couple of weeks ago.... and that's a good feeling!

Ha ha. Thanks, mommahurely. I love you I really enjoy reading your posts...and I have felt more positive/optimistic about the whole SO storyline.

...and I totally agree with the bolded. I've realized that even though we might disagree on some things, but I think we can both agree that once B&B "break the dam," it's not going to matter if he was Hannah or not. She'll know that he loves her...once he makes love to her...and so will he. Wink For me, it's not that Brennan will be emotional about how he was with Hannah. I can see her being slightly confused about love after everything he's told her about love and seeing him with Hannah...but I don't think that will change the way she feels about him. She's still going to love him no matter what. She just might not be convinced that he's in love with her...but that all will change. Twisted Evil When they finally have their happy ending, it's not going to matter how they got there, just as long as their together. Very Happy

Luv ya, Mommahurely. hug

avatar
jro54
Head of Forensics
Head of Forensics

Number of posts : 1740
Age : 27
Location : Flagstaff, Arizona
Say What You Want : No matter what happens and the twists and turns that this show takes, I will always be a Bones fan!!!! Bring it on Hart!!!!boxing
Registration date : 2010-03-25

Back to top Go down

Re: New Interviews 9/17 ~ Episode 1 spoiler clips~ Episode 2 B roll

Post by joybrennan on Mon Sep 20, 2010 5:49 pm

Well gosh, darn, that was a lot of reading! So, after reading through all this seriousness, I thought some levity was in order. Laughing So, to summarize the posts for those who would rather not go through eight pages, and several threads of reading:

B&B get back. Everyone agreed on that. Brennan may or may not have figured out that she’s in love with Booth. Booth will either set her up to tell her about his new serious relationship with Raghag, or just causally bring it up in the natural course of conversation. If Brennan did figure out that she’s in love with Booth, she’s going to be sad. If she didn’t figure it out, she’s going to be sad – just won’t know why she sad, or may not even realize that she’s sad – but you’ll be able to tell that she’s sad. Still, she is happy for Booth, because she loves Booth, even though she may not know that she loves Booth – but she might.

Then Booth’s serious relationship person – Raghag – comes to town. Booth was NOT expecting her, but, what the hell, moves her into his apartment. Brennan is still sad – she may or may not know it, or, if she does actually realize that she is sad, she may not know why. Nonetheless, because she loves Booth - consciously or unconsciously - she is being supportive of Booth’s new relationship. However, Booth is being distant with her – or he’s just trying to make a go of the new relationship. So Brennan is still sad and hurt and still may or may not realize that or why, but because she’s supportive of the relationship, she is gives Booth his space. Booth is having great sex. Raghag is not liked and then liked by the Jeffersonian crew.

If she hasn’t had her epiphany that she loves Booth, she will have in the “Brennan solves her own death” show, which could be show seven or eight – no is exactly sure, including HH. Because she is being supportive of Booth’s relationship, she is not going to tell him – if in fact that is where the epiphany happens. If she had the epiphany before, then the solve her death show could be about seeing herself as being completely alone in the world while everyone else has a relationship. In any event this is seen as a major turning point. Brennan has a major realization about herself, life and love. It is conjectured that around this time is when there will be some cracks in Booth and Raghag’s relationship.

Various conjectures and theories have been put out as to what Brennan will do next: A) Brennan will pursue Booth romantically. B) Brennan will try to strengthen her friendship with Booth. C) Brennan will pull away from Booth. The theories about Booth are: A) He will try to resist his feelings for Brennan, but unconsciously act upon them. B) He will seek out Brennan’s friendship as his relationship with Raghag falters C) He will break up with Raghag, and then start to notice the changes in Brennan’s behavior post “solve her own death scenario.

Now, things get really juicy. Either Booth will realize that Brennan is “The One and start to pursue Brennan, or Brennan will – in her own socially awkward way pursue Booth. The counter-arguments to the above are: Booth will not pursue Brennan because he doesn’t know that she loves him. Brennan will not pursue Booth because he just broke up with Raghag and therefore she, Brennan, can’t be “The One” for him. The third, completely separate argument is that no one will pursue anyone and they keep their feelings to themselves until near the end of season six, when all feelings will be revealed to take us into season seven.

Now, here’s my little add-on theory. HH wants EIGHT seasons. Hence, after the Brennan solves her own death episode, Brennan decides that she also needs to move on. After all, everything she knows about relationships she’s learned from Booth. Plus, Angela lost a love to death, and then found Jack. Now that she believes in love, she should go out and find another love also. However, she hasn’t had sex in two years and doesn’t want that appetite to cloud her judgment. In talking about the issue with Angela, Angela suggests she hook up with Wendell, because well, hey she’s in love, married and pregnant – and Brennan’s her best friend, she KNOWS Brennan would have a good time with Wendell. Ang is just that kind of free-love kind of girl. Of course Brennan says she can’t sleep with one of her interns. Ang counters with “this is DC – of course you can” besides, didn’t Brennan slept with her professor – Brennan says “he was my former professor.” Angela: “semantics” So, Brennan ends up having a few “no-strings attached” evening sessions with Dr. Bray. After which, Brennan feels fully ready to face the dating world, and Dr. Bray, let’s face it, Dr. Bray feels like a total stud. (Not as hot as David, but youth counts for something in this scenario. Sexual peaks and all that. Wink )

Booth is not thrilled with the fact that Brennan is trying to date. Especially when she tells him she wants to have love in her life like he has with Raghag, and Angela has with Jack – and she wants to have a baby. Booth can’t say anything about it – he’s still with Raghag, and hasn’t mentioned the relationship has gotten rocky. However, he soon torpedoes his relationship – but doesn’t tell anyone. Easy to get away with because RagHag has gone on a long term Middle East assignment. (Laughing)

By the time Raghag is gone, Brennan has started dating Roger, a brilliant quantum astrophysicist who’s a mission specialist for NASA – an astronaut. They met at a Mensa social event (the social club for geniuses.) Roger is as perfect for Brennan as Raghag was for Booth, hot, brilliant, but NOT socially awkward at all.

By this time, the serial killer has been stalking about, and it’s personal. The killer breaks into the lab and goes for Brennan – but Dr. Bray tries to tackle the person first and is killed instead. The killer gets away. (Brennan is horrified – oh, the guilt!) Booth is horrified also, Brennan could have died. He realizes that it’s always been about Brennan, but she’s now dating an astronaut. Yet, it’s Booth she tells about her guilt with Wendell, in the process telling him that after realizing she was in love with him (Booth) she needed to move on like he has with Raghag. Booth is floored. Brennan doesn’t get why. Then Booth asks, "what if I haven’t moved on, Bones” END SEASON SIX

Season seven - you’ve got Brennan’s guilt about Wendell, the astronaut - B&B triangle, waiting to see how Brennan answers that cliff-hanger question the rebuilding of between B&B again, and a serial killer on the loose. That should be enough to get through seven – and then somewhere in eight, B&B will finally get together…unless they get renewed….Laughing

(Blame Robert for this. The man gets into my head and the next thing I know...Twisted Evil )


Last edited by joybrennan on Mon Sep 20, 2010 10:16 pm; edited 1 time in total
avatar
joybrennan
Head of Forensics
Head of Forensics

Number of posts : 1532
Age : 42
Location : NYC
Say What You Want : I like to see the roller-coaster before I get on it. I mean, how many loops are we talking here?
Registration date : 2010-03-07

Back to top Go down

Re: New Interviews 9/17 ~ Episode 1 spoiler clips~ Episode 2 B roll

Post by RubyRuby on Mon Sep 20, 2010 6:52 pm

Holy crap!!! I'm still laughing cheers cheers Get ready for The Bones and the Beautiful!!!
avatar
RubyRuby
Agent
Agent

Number of posts : 451
Age : 32
Location : Sydney
Say What You Want : Credit goes to bones/tumblr for the beautiful banner. I do NOT support the SO storyline. Its an insult to wonderful characters and the talented actors who portray them.
Registration date : 2010-07-29

Back to top Go down

Re: New Interviews 9/17 ~ Episode 1 spoiler clips~ Episode 2 B roll

Post by jro54 on Tue Sep 21, 2010 1:36 am

^I agree with you , Joy. That's what I was trying to say last night. Theres so many ways this could happen...Brennan could prsue Booth romantically, Brennan could pursue Booth as a friend, or she could pull away from Booth...or Booth could seek out Brenna's friendship or brake up with Hannah and notice a change in Brennan's behaivor. After the "Brennan centric" episode, Brennan will have her epiphany...meanwhile, Booth/Hannah's relationship starts to show cracks. Brennan could either start to pull away realizing that she missed her chance and tries to move on herself...and Booth notices a change in her behavior and tries to pursue her or Booth could try his hardest to resist her and pull away from her and she'll pursue him. I feel like since they have already screwed up his character so much, anything can happen. Booth could realize that Brennan is the ONE and pursue her or it could be the other way around. I'm just saying. It's a fictional TV show.
avatar
jro54
Head of Forensics
Head of Forensics

Number of posts : 1740
Age : 27
Location : Flagstaff, Arizona
Say What You Want : No matter what happens and the twists and turns that this show takes, I will always be a Bones fan!!!! Bring it on Hart!!!!boxing
Registration date : 2010-03-25

Back to top Go down

Re: New Interviews 9/17 ~ Episode 1 spoiler clips~ Episode 2 B roll

Post by mommahurley on Tue Sep 21, 2010 1:56 am

Yep.... And that's what makes it interesting ... that we don't know.... and that we might just be surprised that they come up with something totally unexpected...

And that we just might love it.!! So I'm keeping my mind and my heart open!

Right back at you JRO!!! hug

mommahurley
Agent
Agent

Number of posts : 311
Registration date : 2009-12-03

Back to top Go down

Re: New Interviews 9/17 ~ Episode 1 spoiler clips~ Episode 2 B roll

Post by tinge1990 on Tue Sep 21, 2010 1:58 am

Didn't HH say one of the reasons that they picked this direction for the show was because it threw up the most possibilities?(:

I think he is right. There are a lot of directions to go with this storyline. So many that I bet even if the ratings drop for the first few episodes, he knows that there is still a way out to get more ratings.

As Joy said, it is true that they want eight seasons.

tinge1990
Squint
Squint

Number of posts : 92
Registration date : 2010-07-17

Back to top Go down

Re: New Interviews 9/17 ~ Episode 1 spoiler clips~ Episode 2 B roll

Post by joybrennan on Tue Sep 21, 2010 2:17 am

RubyRuby wrote:Holy crap!!! I'm still laughing cheers cheers Get ready for The Bones and the Beautiful!!!

GOOD! I felt some laughter was definitely in order! Very Happy
avatar
joybrennan
Head of Forensics
Head of Forensics

Number of posts : 1532
Age : 42
Location : NYC
Say What You Want : I like to see the roller-coaster before I get on it. I mean, how many loops are we talking here?
Registration date : 2010-03-07

Back to top Go down

Re: New Interviews 9/17 ~ Episode 1 spoiler clips~ Episode 2 B roll

Post by jro54 on Tue Sep 21, 2010 3:38 am

I'm still not sure about Brennan getting a boyfriend. First of all, HH and SN keep implying that this whole season is going to be about Brennan coming to terms with her feelings for Booth. It seems like Brennan becoming aware of her feelings is going to be a major theme thoughout the season. We are slowly going to start to see her become more and more aware of those feeling through the season and by the season finale, she will be able to admit to herself and to Angela that she's in love with Booth and that she wants to be with him. She's not just going to realize that she's in love with Booth in one episode and then just run of with some other guy in the next episode. To me, it seems like the whole season is going to all about Brennan realizing her feelings for Booth.

Second, Brennan's idea of moving on is running off to Maluku. She's not like Booth. She prefers to be alone. She doesn't belive in happy endings...I could see her dating a couple guys or Angela setting her up on a blind date, but for her, it's not about moving on, it's to keep her mind of Booth. I think we will see her really struggle with that she really likes this guy, but also knowing that Booth is the only man she'll ever love. He's the only one who she wants to be with and have his baby. To me, I think that once she realizes her feelings for Booth, she's not going to want let go of it. Sure, she will realize that she missed her chance and that she has to move on, but I think running off to Maluku alone and spending the rest of her life in lonliness much more likely than running with some other guy.


Last edited by jro54 on Tue Sep 21, 2010 3:56 am; edited 1 time in total
avatar
jro54
Head of Forensics
Head of Forensics

Number of posts : 1740
Age : 27
Location : Flagstaff, Arizona
Say What You Want : No matter what happens and the twists and turns that this show takes, I will always be a Bones fan!!!! Bring it on Hart!!!!boxing
Registration date : 2010-03-25

Back to top Go down

Re: New Interviews 9/17 ~ Episode 1 spoiler clips~ Episode 2 B roll

Post by joybrennan on Tue Sep 21, 2010 3:53 am

[Only admins are allowed to see this link]

OMG! Okay...guys, this was for FUN, as in amusement - not to be taken seriously. Laughing
avatar
joybrennan
Head of Forensics
Head of Forensics

Number of posts : 1532
Age : 42
Location : NYC
Say What You Want : I like to see the roller-coaster before I get on it. I mean, how many loops are we talking here?
Registration date : 2010-03-07

Back to top Go down

Premiere Clips

Post by RubyRuby on Tue Sep 21, 2010 9:16 am

Sorry I'm in a rush, and I didn't have time to find the actual link to TV Over Mind.

[Only admins are allowed to see this link]

LOL @ Dasiy

"Heart attacks are very serious."

Why do i torture myself?
avatar
RubyRuby
Agent
Agent

Number of posts : 451
Age : 32
Location : Sydney
Say What You Want : Credit goes to bones/tumblr for the beautiful banner. I do NOT support the SO storyline. Its an insult to wonderful characters and the talented actors who portray them.
Registration date : 2010-07-29

Back to top Go down

Re: New Interviews 9/17 ~ Episode 1 spoiler clips~ Episode 2 B roll

Post by treble21 on Tue Sep 21, 2010 9:24 am

RubyRuby wrote:Sorry I'm in a rush, and I didn't have time to find the actual link to TV Over Mind.

[Only admins are allowed to see this link]

LOL @ Dasiy

"Heart attacks are very serious."

Why do i torture myself?

Ruby- thanks for posting the new link ! we already have a thread discussing these clips, so I am going to merge this into that thread so that people can see the alternate link Smile
avatar
treble21
Therapist
Therapist

Number of posts : 4680
Age : 38
Location : Ontario Canada
Say What You Want : I'm gonna miss the ABY.
Registration date : 2009-07-26

Back to top Go down

Re: New Interviews 9/17 ~ Episode 1 spoiler clips~ Episode 2 B roll

Post by RubyRuby on Tue Sep 21, 2010 9:26 am

Thanks treble. Very Happy Sorry for that.
avatar
RubyRuby
Agent
Agent

Number of posts : 451
Age : 32
Location : Sydney
Say What You Want : Credit goes to bones/tumblr for the beautiful banner. I do NOT support the SO storyline. Its an insult to wonderful characters and the talented actors who portray them.
Registration date : 2010-07-29

Back to top Go down

Re: New Interviews 9/17 ~ Episode 1 spoiler clips~ Episode 2 B roll

Post by treble21 on Tue Sep 21, 2010 9:26 am

RubyRuby wrote:Thanks treble. Very Happy Sorry for that.

No worries.
avatar
treble21
Therapist
Therapist

Number of posts : 4680
Age : 38
Location : Ontario Canada
Say What You Want : I'm gonna miss the ABY.
Registration date : 2009-07-26

Back to top Go down

Re: New Interviews 9/17 ~ Episode 1 spoiler clips~ Episode 2 B roll

Post by Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top


 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum