A opinion about the Direction of the series

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

A opinion about the Direction of the series

Post by anthropologystudent on Sun Sep 26, 2010 3:49 pm

Ok with all of the sad talk about how B/B are going to be able to fix there relationship after everything they have been through I found this quote that I had saved from "The Office". I know it doesn't really pertain to this in the same way as it's meant but it reminds me of B/B very much....

I didn't find the perfect moment. Because I think that today was about just having today. And I think that we are one of those couples with a long story, when people ask how we found each other. I, will see her, every now and then, and, maybe one year she'll be with somebody and the next year I'll be with somebody. And it's going to take a long time... and then it's perfect. I'm in no rush.
- Micheal Scott " The Office"


This is a true statement sometimes couples have long stories and B/B are going to be one of those couples I have faith that B/B will be together they will live "happily ever after" whatever that means to them. Hannah is just a plot device and she will be here for a while who knows really how long, but what is important is that we all believe that someday Booth & Brennan will be together because even after all their differences they are meant for each other. You could see it all the way from Season 1 they both had a great deal of attraction to one another and in the 100th episode we all found out something about that attraction that really brought everything in to perspective (well for me anyways).
There has been so much negative feedback about the turn the show has taken in terms of their relationship and the cases that we have seen over Season 5 now in to Season 6 and I can understand that fully because we are all just so passionate about this show and these characters but sometimes you just have to step back and realize that yes while your unhappy about things now there are people out there that are happy and excited about the new dynamic that has been brought to the show, We are so lucky to have Bones and to have it as long as we have had it. The show is in to it's 6th season which while it may not seem like a long time but shows now a days are being canceled left and right some shows are only getting to half a season and being canceled. I guess what I am getting at is that while yeah a lot of people are upset right now a lot of people are happy too and we all should be grateful to have Bones because with out it some of us may not be friends or would have never met otherwise and it gives us all reasons to see all the wonderful eye candy that Hart Hanson has given us.

That was my rant for tonight I was watching Season 1 Bones and just had to get that off my chest. Very Happy
avatar
anthropologystudent
Forensic Artist
Forensic Artist

Number of posts : 144
Age : 31
Location : Annapolis Maryland
Say What You Want : "Plus que ma propre vie''
Registration date : 2010-08-19

http://www.facebook.com/ashley.m.simpson

Back to top Go down

Re: A opinion about the Direction of the series

Post by treble21 on Sun Sep 26, 2010 6:14 pm

Wow I'm so drunk I just tried to "like" this. but that doesn't change that this is very well put. cheers
avatar
treble21
Therapist
Therapist

Number of posts : 4680
Age : 37
Location : Ontario Canada
Say What You Want : I'm gonna miss the ABY.
Registration date : 2009-07-26

Back to top Go down

Re: A opinion about the Direction of the series

Post by anthropologystudent on Mon Sep 27, 2010 3:23 am

treble21 wrote:Wow I'm so drunk I just tried to "like" this. but that doesn't change that this is very well put. cheers

Thank you!!! I hope you had fun getting drunk Smile Mad
avatar
anthropologystudent
Forensic Artist
Forensic Artist

Number of posts : 144
Age : 31
Location : Annapolis Maryland
Say What You Want : "Plus que ma propre vie''
Registration date : 2010-08-19

http://www.facebook.com/ashley.m.simpson

Back to top Go down

Re: A opinion about the Direction of the series

Post by treble21 on Mon Sep 27, 2010 3:29 am

anthropologystudent wrote:
treble21 wrote:Wow I'm so drunk I just tried to "like" this. but that doesn't change that this is very well put. cheers

Thank you!!! I hope you had fun getting drunk Smile Mad

I did thank you! It was the best birthday celebration ever!
avatar
treble21
Therapist
Therapist

Number of posts : 4680
Age : 37
Location : Ontario Canada
Say What You Want : I'm gonna miss the ABY.
Registration date : 2009-07-26

Back to top Go down

Re: A opinion about the Direction of the series

Post by gordongordonfan on Mon Sep 27, 2010 4:08 am

WHOA! (Horse [Only admins are allowed to see this image] )... Wait a minute? It was your birthday? ...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY TREBLE~!!! [Only admins are allowed to see this image]
avatar
gordongordonfan
Agent
Agent

Number of posts : 472
Age : 46
Location : Ohio, USA
Registration date : 2010-04-08

Back to top Go down

Re: A opinion about the Direction of the series

Post by treble21 on Mon Sep 27, 2010 4:22 am

gordongordonfan wrote:WHOA! (Horse [Only admins are allowed to see this image] )... Wait a minute? It was your birthday? ...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY TREBLE~!!! [Only admins are allowed to see this image]

Well it was my birthday celebration, my actual birthday is tuesday, but thanks!
avatar
treble21
Therapist
Therapist

Number of posts : 4680
Age : 37
Location : Ontario Canada
Say What You Want : I'm gonna miss the ABY.
Registration date : 2009-07-26

Back to top Go down

Re: A opinion about the Direction of the series

Post by gordongordonfan on Mon Sep 27, 2010 4:33 am

Well here's to you [Only admins are allowed to see this image] on Tuesday then! :-)

What present would you like for your birthday? [Only admins are allowed to see this image] If we could only waive a magic wand... I think in terms of "Bones" there are some things that would be a present for all of us! :-)
avatar
gordongordonfan
Agent
Agent

Number of posts : 472
Age : 46
Location : Ohio, USA
Registration date : 2010-04-08

Back to top Go down

Re: A opinion about the Direction of the series

Post by treble21 on Mon Sep 27, 2010 5:05 am

gordongordonfan wrote:Well here's to you [Only admins are allowed to see this image] on Tuesday then! :-)

What present would you like for your birthday? [Only admins are allowed to see this image] If we could only waive a magic wand... I think in terms of "Bones" there are some things that would be a present for all of us! :-)

I got some DB themed presents this year... but sadly not him with a bow on. Sad

I think I've officially derailed this thread... sorry anthropologystudent Embarassed
avatar
treble21
Therapist
Therapist

Number of posts : 4680
Age : 37
Location : Ontario Canada
Say What You Want : I'm gonna miss the ABY.
Registration date : 2009-07-26

Back to top Go down

Re: A opinion about the Direction of the series

Post by anthropologystudent on Mon Sep 27, 2010 5:18 am

Oh don't worry about it Smile the point of the thread was also to remind people about all the good and your birthday means something good Smile Happy *Early Birthday!!! cheers
avatar
anthropologystudent
Forensic Artist
Forensic Artist

Number of posts : 144
Age : 31
Location : Annapolis Maryland
Say What You Want : "Plus que ma propre vie''
Registration date : 2010-08-19

http://www.facebook.com/ashley.m.simpson

Back to top Go down

Re: A opinion about the Direction of the series

Post by gordongordonfan on Mon Sep 27, 2010 7:15 am

LOL... we could tie it all back in to the thread topic if we're creative! :-) Such as... what is treble's opinion and birthday wish for the direction of the show. See there, we're back on track! [Only admins are allowed to see this image]

And for the record, I totally agree with what your saying anthropologystudent. I've said it before as well, and I'll say it again... in upcoming year when (sadly) Bones is not on the the air... we'll all wish for as many wonderful episodes as wel can have to watch (and re-watch and re-watch etc.!) Sure there are things we'd like to go this way or that... but down deep I'm just glad the show keeps doing well (cause we all DO know they will be together as a couple at some.. and like the quote you posted said, the "wait" isn't gonna change that magic in the end.)
avatar
gordongordonfan
Agent
Agent

Number of posts : 472
Age : 46
Location : Ohio, USA
Registration date : 2010-04-08

Back to top Go down

Re: A opinion about the Direction of the series

Post by iheartbooth on Mon Sep 27, 2010 8:46 am

Well said, anthropologystudent! I am not happy with the Hannah storyline, but this too shall pass! I know that some people (not moi!) are not watching until HB is gone, which I think is just cutting off your nose to spite your face.
avatar
iheartbooth
Newbie
Newbie

Number of posts : 12
Age : 35
Location : New Jersey USA
Registration date : 2010-09-24

Back to top Go down

Re: A opinion about the Direction of the series

Post by IheartB&B on Mon Sep 27, 2010 1:49 pm

Nice to see a fellow Libra my birthday is on Tuesday as well Smile
Anyway to the topic....I can't say I'm happy with the SO storyline BUT I'm not going to judge where the season will go by ONE EPISODE...and I really think that people who haven't seen the premiere really should BEFORE they start forming an opinion regarding where they are heading this season.

IheartB&B
Squint
Squint

Number of posts : 73
Age : 31
Location : San Jose, CA
Registration date : 2010-04-01

Back to top Go down

Re: A opinion about the Direction of the series

Post by anthropologystudent on Mon Sep 27, 2010 2:39 pm

IheartB&B wrote:
Anyway to the topic....I can't say I'm happy with the SO storyline BUT I'm not going to judge where the season will go by ONE EPISODE...and I really think that people who haven't seen the premiere really should BEFORE they start forming an opinion regarding where they are heading this season.

I agree I think everyone needs to see the premiere episode before forming an opinion on where the show is going and it is really hard to really understand totally where the season is going by 1 episode I really think that by Episode 3 we will have a better idea get the 1st two maybe kinda awkward episodes out of the way because we will meet Hannah have a better idea of that side of it and hopefully have a real idea by Episode 3 about the season.
avatar
anthropologystudent
Forensic Artist
Forensic Artist

Number of posts : 144
Age : 31
Location : Annapolis Maryland
Say What You Want : "Plus que ma propre vie''
Registration date : 2010-08-19

http://www.facebook.com/ashley.m.simpson

Back to top Go down

Re: A opinion about the Direction of the series

Post by jro54 on Mon Sep 27, 2010 3:27 pm

Happy (early) Birthday, Treble!

Well said, Anthropologystudent and IheartB&B. I have no doubt that B&B will get together, that it is HH's intention to put them together. I'm just as concerned as to how B&B get together...because I'm willing to wait til the end, but I'm just worried that it will be too last for many fans, so when they get together, the main reaction will be "Oh, did it finally happen?" instead of a TV landmark...and I so hope it lives up to our expectations.
avatar
jro54
Head of Forensics
Head of Forensics

Number of posts : 1740
Age : 26
Location : Flagstaff, Arizona
Say What You Want : No matter what happens and the twists and turns that this show takes, I will always be a Bones fan!!!! Bring it on Hart!!!!boxing
Registration date : 2010-03-25

Back to top Go down

Re: A opinion about the Direction of the series

Post by DoctorB on Tue Sep 28, 2010 10:06 am

I have no doubt they will get together but at what cost? I am not convinced their relationship can go back to what it was before nevermind be better. I think the writers are walking a very fine line, they have ruined Booths character for me, I just hope it can be salveagable.

DoctorB
Forensic Artist
Forensic Artist

Number of posts : 113
Registration date : 2010-04-10

Back to top Go down

Re: A opinion about the Direction of the series

Post by jro54 on Tue Sep 28, 2010 10:23 am

DoctorB wrote:I have no doubt they will get together but at what cost? I am not convinced their relationship can go back to what it was before nevermind be better. I think the writers are walking a very fine line, they have ruined Booths character for me, I just hope it can be salveagable.

I'm thinking the same thing. I've read so many posts about how Booth's just trying convince himself that he's moved on...and I'm like, "Well, he better be," because how can he possibly knew that Brennan was the one and want to spend the rest of his life with her...only to "fall in love" with another woman...and the best part about it is that he expected Brennan to want to spend 30, 40 or 50 years with him, but he never even said to her or anyone else, but he says he loves this other woman who he's only known for 7 months? Like WTF Hart!? I'm sure they will end up together, but I just don't know how it can be salveagable. All Hart has turn this show into a freakin' puppet show...and now Booth and Hannah are going to get married , have 2.5 kids and a white picket fence...and then Booth is going to realize that he still loves Brennan and divorce Hannah....and then B&B can have their "happily ever after."
avatar
jro54
Head of Forensics
Head of Forensics

Number of posts : 1740
Age : 26
Location : Flagstaff, Arizona
Say What You Want : No matter what happens and the twists and turns that this show takes, I will always be a Bones fan!!!! Bring it on Hart!!!!boxing
Registration date : 2010-03-25

Back to top Go down

Re: A opinion about the Direction of the series

Post by iheartbooth on Tue Sep 28, 2010 11:43 am

I definitely think Booth is trying too hard to make it look like he's over Brennan. That being said, I don't like how Booth has been distant and even (from previews) a bit hostile with Bones. The Booth we all know and love would never hurt Brennan. I hope they don't go too far down that road.

And yeah, I think it was def. OOC for Booth to give up. I know that HH said something in an interview about how after a while it would be stalkerish for Booth to continue to pursue Bones. I don't think he could more wrong. IMO, Booth would have recognized that Bones was scared.
avatar
iheartbooth
Newbie
Newbie

Number of posts : 12
Age : 35
Location : New Jersey USA
Registration date : 2010-09-24

Back to top Go down

Re: A opinion about the Direction of the series

Post by DoctorB on Tue Sep 28, 2010 7:27 pm

iheartbooth wrote:I definitely think Booth is trying too hard to make it look like he's over Brennan. That being said, I don't like how Booth has been distant and even (from previews) a bit hostile with Bones. The Booth we all know and love would never hurt Brennan. I hope they don't go too far down that road.

And yeah, I think it was def. OOC for Booth to give up. I know that HH said something in an interview about how after a while it would be stalkerish for Booth to continue to pursue Bones. I don't think he could more wrong. IMO, Booth would have recognized that Bones was scared.

This. I totally agree with everything you've said especially that the Booth we all know and love would NEVER intentionally hurt Brennan. What makes me nervous is that we're only one episode in, the worst is hardly over, how much more of Booth being uncaring, disinterested in and "over" Brennan will we have to sit through? The more of it we see the more his character and the BB relationship will be harder and harder to fix.

DoctorB
Forensic Artist
Forensic Artist

Number of posts : 113
Registration date : 2010-04-10

Back to top Go down

Re: A opinion about the Direction of the series

Post by iheartbooth on Tue Sep 28, 2010 11:42 pm

DoctorB - Yeah, I guess we can all just hope that as Bones warms up to Hannah, Booth won't feel the need to act so uncaring. I read an interview where DB said that Booth wants to make Bones jealous. In another interview, HH said that wasn't the case. So, maybe he'll reign DB in...
avatar
iheartbooth
Newbie
Newbie

Number of posts : 12
Age : 35
Location : New Jersey USA
Registration date : 2010-09-24

Back to top Go down

Re: A opinion about the Direction of the series

Post by bonesfan158 on Wed Sep 29, 2010 2:19 am

In my opinion, Hannah is definitely the rebound girl. He was hurt by Brennan's reaction, although I still maintain that she is the only one who was being honest by saying that she didn't know how to change. I know I sound like a broken record, but I keep coming back to the fact that Booth didn't tell her that he didn't want her to change. I think the gambler and the romantic in him was challenged by Sweets. If he was ready for the relationship, he wouldn't have been so quick to agree with Brennan when she said that she couldn't change to be what he wanted and want to move on. If he were truly ready for her, she would not need to change for him.

I believe that while in Afghanistan, he festered, especially based on his comment to Brennan about not contacting him. He found out at the reflecting pool that she didn't have communication with anyone, but 7 months of resentment built up from being rejected and not even hearing from her after he agreed to be friends probably made him open to a relationship with Hannah.
Now that he and Brennan are back, I am hoping that they both find their moment.

bonesfan158
Squint
Squint

Number of posts : 84
Location : Boston area
Registration date : 2010-03-17

Back to top Go down

Re: A opinion about the Direction of the series

Post by iheartbooth on Wed Sep 29, 2010 4:31 am

bonesfan158 wrote:In my opinion, Hannah is definitely the rebound girl. He was hurt by Brennan's reaction, although I still maintain that she is the only one who was being honest by saying that she didn't know how to change. I know I sound like a broken record, but I keep coming back to the fact that Booth didn't tell her that he didn't want her to change. I think the gambler and the romantic in him was challenged by Sweets. If he was ready for the relationship, he wouldn't have been so quick to agree with Brennan when she said that she couldn't change to be what he wanted and want to move on. If he were truly ready for her, she would not need to change for him.

I believe that while in Afghanistan, he festered, especially based on his comment to Brennan about not contacting him. He found out at the reflecting pool that she didn't have communication with anyone, but 7 months of resentment built up from being rejected and not even hearing from her after he agreed to be friends probably made him open to a relationship with Hannah.
Now that he and Brennan are back, I am hoping that they both find their moment.
'

Interesting point about Booth not being ready, I hadn't really thought of it from that angle. Yeah, he def was festing in Afg., and no contact from Bones clearly made things a million times worse. If Bones had been in contact with him, I don't think Hannah would be in the picture at all!
avatar
iheartbooth
Newbie
Newbie

Number of posts : 12
Age : 35
Location : New Jersey USA
Registration date : 2010-09-24

Back to top Go down

Re: A opinion about the Direction of the series

Post by bonesfan158 on Wed Sep 29, 2010 5:01 am

I think he is going to realize that Hannah is "perfect" for him in almost every way and is what that he thought he wanted, except in one way--She is not Brennan
Hannah is willing to change for him--having herself reassigned to DC, etc. and he is going to realize he doesn't want someone like that. He wants someone doesn't know how to change, who is who she is "warts and all" etc. When he realizes that he doesn't want her to change and loves her as is, he will be ready for her.

bonesfan158
Squint
Squint

Number of posts : 84
Location : Boston area
Registration date : 2010-03-17

Back to top Go down

Re: A opinion about the Direction of the series

Post by Zygomatic on Wed Sep 29, 2010 2:59 pm

I totaly agree with the above comments: booth was not ready. How could he go from keeping it (presumabely) bottled up, talking about it (once!) with Cam to talking about forever? That is definetly (imo) the gambler in him. I think he needed to overstep himself to realize his mistake and come back to Brennan`s level. I still have faith in their relationship- it is true it may never go back to that fire we felt in s3ish, but thats not what we want is it? if they had jumped in bed years ago they could have quickly fizzled out- if they both screw it up, but eventually end up (as we know they have to) back at the same spot, we know they have staying power. that makes me happier then the thought of them jumping into it before they're BOTH ready and having one/both of them regret it and end up breaking up. its not their ability to realize they're in love; this isn't a fairy tale; its their ability to live THROUGH their happily ever after. thats where it gets real.
avatar
Zygomatic
Squint
Squint

Number of posts : 67
Age : 26
Location : Canada
Registration date : 2010-05-09

Back to top Go down

Re: A opinion about the Direction of the series

Post by jro54 on Wed Sep 29, 2010 3:21 pm

Zygomatic wrote:I totaly agree with the above comments: booth was not ready. How could he go from keeping it (presumabely) bottled up, talking about it (once!) with Cam to talking about forever? That is definetly (imo) the gambler in him. I think he needed to overstep himself to realize his mistake and come back to Brennan`s level. I still have faith in their relationship- it is true it may never go back to that fire we felt in s3ish, but thats not what we want is it? if they had jumped in bed years ago they could have quickly fizzled out- if they both screw it up, but eventually end up (as we know they have to) back at the same spot, we know they have staying power. that makes me happier then the thought of them jumping into it before they're BOTH ready and having one/both of them regret it and end up breaking up. its not their ability to realize they're in love; this isn't a fairy tale; its their ability to live THROUGH their happily ever after. thats where it gets real.

I agree (I've been typing "agree" way too much today lol) So many posters have expressed their opinions about how Booth wasn't really sure that he knew Brennan was the one, but if you think about it...B&B haven't missed their moment because they simply weren't ready yet. Brennan has to admit her feelings and Booth has make sure (like Cam suggested he do before he made his move) that she is the one.
avatar
jro54
Head of Forensics
Head of Forensics

Number of posts : 1740
Age : 26
Location : Flagstaff, Arizona
Say What You Want : No matter what happens and the twists and turns that this show takes, I will always be a Bones fan!!!! Bring it on Hart!!!!boxing
Registration date : 2010-03-25

Back to top Go down

Re: A opinion about the Direction of the series

Post by bella on Wed Sep 29, 2010 6:14 pm

DoctorB wrote:
This. I totally agree with everything you've said especially that the Booth we all know and love would NEVER intentionally hurt Brennan. What makes me nervous is that we're only one episode in, the worst is hardly over, how much more of Booth being uncaring, disinterested in and "over" Brennan will we have to sit through? The more of it we see the more his character and the BB relationship will be harder and harder to fix.

That's why this is such a risky story arc to have Booth plunging into this relationship with Hannah and laying it on thick that "SHE IS THE ONE AND ONLY AND I'VE MOVED ON" when Booth's character has always been protective, caring, loving and at times openly adoring of Bones (when she wasn't looking). He was never cruel or cold, I realise the writers/DB are going for the 'he's been really hurt, moving on, he's trying to make her jealous" angle but they run the risk of destroying what made fans root for Booth and Bones in the first place. Booth is meant to be a stand up guy, expecially with Bones, the woman he is supposed to love for 20,30,40 years....now we have to get our heads around a guy who says that but 7 months later has moved on (apparently) adores Hannah, his feelings for Bones have totally vanished but hey in about another 6 or 7 episodes he's going to have ditched wonderful Hannah and be back to adoring Bones as if nothing has happened and she's the love of his life! And of course we're meant to be so relieved about it we should forget Booth was such a jerk to her beforehand for weeks on end! Sorry none of that makes sense to me and I find it annoying that the writers seriously think you should buy into this kind of characterisation for Booth.

If Booth's image is tarnished it will be difficult to resurrect, why should Bones be in love guy that behaves like he currently is towards her? I know I wouldn't be no matter how great he had been to me in the past.

bella
Squint
Squint

Number of posts : 36
Registration date : 2010-09-25

Back to top Go down

Re: A opinion about the Direction of the series

Post by Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum