Have I slept for 8 months and just woke up?

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Have I slept for 8 months and just woke up?

Post by puckishbearscubsfan on Thu Sep 30, 2010 4:49 am

I see posts all over the net made by people who have had to have seen the whole season to be so sure about how they feel about it and what will happen.

Or am I the only one left willing to wait and see what happens?

Everyone is so sure it's RIP B&B because Katheryn Winnick's interview. I guess I missed the part where she said Booth and Hannah are getting married or she's a permanent cast member.

I'm being tongue in cheek but this reminds me of every November in my Cubs group when because the cubs don't have all 25 players everybody's panicking.

Since it must be May is there a baseball fan here who can tell me who the Cubs manager is? A football fan who can tell me the Bears head coach?

How did the November elections turn out?

Who is Chicago's mayor. Please tell me it's not Rahm Emanuel.

puckishbearscubsfan
Forensic Artist
Forensic Artist

Number of posts : 209
Registration date : 2009-10-12

Back to top Go down

Re: Have I slept for 8 months and just woke up?

Post by puckishbearscubsfan on Thu Sep 30, 2010 4:51 am

puckishbearscubsfan wrote:I see posts all over the net made by people who have had to have seen the whole season to be so sure about how they feel about it and what will happen.

Or am I the only one left willing to wait and see what happens?

Everyone is so sure it's RIP B&B because Katheryn Winnick's interview. I guess I missed the part where she said Booth and Hannah are getting married or she's a permanent cast member.

I'm being tongue in cheek but this reminds me of every November in my Cubs group when because the cubs don't have all 25 players everybody's panicking.

Since it must be May is there a baseball fan here who can tell me who the Cubs manager is? A football fan who can tell me the Bears head coach?

How did the November elections turn out?

Who is Chicago's mayor. Please tell me it's not Rahm Emanuel.

Please understand I am being more tongue in cheek than anything but it's starting to get out of hand. we haven't even seen episode 2 of the season yet!

I am as disappointed and flummoxed by this story as much as anything else but I'm willing to at least give it some of a chance.

I personally think Hart is being lazy. If he wanted to keep them apart he could have done a lot of other things besides this.

puckishbearscubsfan
Forensic Artist
Forensic Artist

Number of posts : 209
Registration date : 2009-10-12

Back to top Go down

Re: Have I slept for 8 months and just woke up?

Post by jhi1005 on Thu Sep 30, 2010 5:00 am

puckishbearscubsfan wrote:I see posts all over the net made by people who have had to have seen the whole season to be so sure about how they feel about it and what will happen.

Or am I the only one left willing to wait and see what happens?

Everyone is so sure it's RIP B&B because Katheryn Winnick's interview. I guess I missed the part where she said Booth and Hannah are getting married or she's a permanent cast member.

I'm being tongue in cheek but this reminds me of every November in my Cubs group when because the cubs don't have all 25 players everybody's panicking.

Since it must be May is there a baseball fan here who can tell me who the Cubs manager is? A football fan who can tell me the Bears head coach?

How did the November elections turn out?

Who is Chicago's mayor. Please tell me it's not Rahm Emanuel.

Umm, and if anyone does have the ability to see the future, let me know what tonight's wining lotto numbers are Laughing

jhi1005
Forensic Artist
Forensic Artist

Number of posts : 148
Registration date : 2010-04-07

Back to top Go down

Re: Have I slept for 8 months and just woke up?

Post by jro54 on Thu Sep 30, 2010 7:23 am

I agree. I think we miss the part where KW says that Booth and Hannah are going to get married.
avatar
jro54
Head of Forensics
Head of Forensics

Number of posts : 1740
Age : 26
Location : Flagstaff, Arizona
Say What You Want : No matter what happens and the twists and turns that this show takes, I will always be a Bones fan!!!! Bring it on Hart!!!!boxing
Registration date : 2010-03-25

Back to top Go down

Re: Have I slept for 8 months and just woke up?

Post by DoctorB on Thu Sep 30, 2010 7:51 am

I don't think Booth and Hannah will end up getting married. But like I said in the other thread... the more time they spend showing us how awesome and strong B/H's relationship is, the harder it will be to convincingly salvage what is left of BB's relationship. I HOPE HH knows what he is doing, but the way he did not see what Marisa and many of the fans saw in the premiere makes me worried he doesn't have a clue.

DoctorB
Forensic Artist
Forensic Artist

Number of posts : 113
Registration date : 2010-04-10

Back to top Go down

Re: Have I slept for 8 months and just woke up?

Post by Lorna Doone on Thu Sep 30, 2010 10:17 am

DoctorB wrote:I don't think Booth and Hannah will end up getting married. But like I said in the other thread... the more time they spend showing us how awesome and strong B/H's relationship is, the harder it will be to convincingly salvage what is left of BB's relationship. I HOPE HH knows what he is doing, but the way he did not see what Marisa and many of the fans saw in the premiere makes me worried he doesn't have a clue.

I agree. I swore after suffering through the final excruciating years of XFiles that I would never stick with a show that was going off the rails. Much easier on the soul to read about the series after it's over and decide what if any DVDs or episodes you want to watch.

There is a difference between watching a story as it unfolds in real time and reading about it afterward. I can tell because of all the people who have caught XFiles on cable or on DVDs and did not live through Chris Carter and Fox deciding that the XFiles could survive Duchovny's leaving. Generally, they think that XFiles is wonderful from beginning to end. For this real time viewer...not so much.

Life is too short.

Lorna Doone
Forensic Artist
Forensic Artist

Number of posts : 149
Registration date : 2009-12-03

Back to top Go down

Re: Have I slept for 8 months and just woke up?

Post by sanasus on Thu Sep 30, 2010 10:47 am

I completely agree.

From my angle, I got into the blogs about half-way through last season. I enjoyed reading thousands of comments on twitter, message boards and blogs. Now I've been almost totally put off by the depressing rants of some fans second-guessing what will happen and a general woe-is-me attitude that many people are displaying. It's not everyone, and I welcome those who express their disappointment yet are open to possibilities that may exist for certain characters in the future. And the humour is welcome too, it's the ranting and the bitching that has left me straying from the fansites. I don't usually get involved in those sort of posts as I'm not out to cause friction and I'm aware that everyone is entitled to their own opinion.

Another way to look at the whole Hannah-thing is imaging it being your friends. Most people have friends who should have got it together but for whatever reason, it didn't work out. Would you suddenly start hating the new girlfriend of the guy just because you thought they should be with someone else? (Especially true if some effort had been made by that person to work it out, i.e. 100th episode.) Especially if the potential couple had been apart for seven months? You might feel sad, bemused, disappointed and/or confused about the reasons it never worked out but you'd be a bit of a bad friend and incredibly presumptive if you started hating on the new girl. She is totally blameless.

I also think it's a true reflection of what happens often in real life.

Anyhoo, here's hoping B&B fans like myself will be in luck by the end of the season. I think Hannah might actually end up being the one who finally gets them together. She mentioned in the interview that she read people well so you never know...

Over and out. Wink
avatar
sanasus
Squint
Squint

Number of posts : 30
Age : 32
Location : Edinburgh, Scotland
Registration date : 2010-04-13

http://www.twitter.com/sanasus

Back to top Go down

Re: Have I slept for 8 months and just woke up?

Post by RubyRuby on Thu Sep 30, 2010 10:52 am

Lorna Doone wrote:
DoctorB wrote:I don't think Booth and Hannah will end up getting married. But like I said in the other thread... the more time they spend showing us how awesome and strong B/H's relationship is, the harder it will be to convincingly salvage what is left of BB's relationship. I HOPE HH knows what he is doing, but the way he did not see what Marisa and many of the fans saw in the premiere makes me worried he doesn't have a clue.

I agree. I swore after suffering through the final excruciating years of XFiles that I would never stick with a show that was going off the rails. Much easier on the soul to read about the series after it's over and decide what if any DVDs or episodes you want to watch.

There is a difference between watching a story as it unfolds in real time and reading about it afterward. I can tell because of all the people who have caught XFiles on cable or on DVDs and did not live through Chris Carter and Fox deciding that the XFiles could survive Duchovny's leaving. Generally, they think that XFiles is wonderful from beginning to end. For this real time viewer...not so much.

Life is too short.

Truer words have never been spoken. I still can't believe I survived.
avatar
RubyRuby
Agent
Agent

Number of posts : 451
Age : 31
Location : Sydney
Say What You Want : Credit goes to bones/tumblr for the beautiful banner. I do NOT support the SO storyline. Its an insult to wonderful characters and the talented actors who portray them.
Registration date : 2010-07-29

Back to top Go down

Re: Have I slept for 8 months and just woke up?

Post by Fi1975 on Thu Sep 30, 2010 10:57 am

I'm definitely in for the long haul with Bones.

The Hannah storyline - well, as long as she's not here for too long then I can bear that, and as long as, ultimately, she helps with B&B.

Puckishbearcubsfan, you say about people already making their mind up about the whole season when they've not seen any of the episodes. Of course, that's true, it would be better if people held back and gave every episode a chance.

Often, the tiniest of spoilers comes out, or a rumour is heard, and people just run with that, making assumptions about what it could mean, and in the process turning themselves off the show, rather than just waiting to see what will happen.

So, yes, definitely better to wait and see rather than speculate!


Last edited by Fi1975 on Thu Sep 30, 2010 4:11 pm; edited 1 time in total

Fi1975
Squint
Squint

Number of posts : 51
Age : 42
Location : London, originally from Wales
Say What You Want : Fail to prepare, prepare to fail!
Registration date : 2009-10-09

Back to top Go down

Re: Have I slept for 8 months and just woke up?

Post by Blue_Ink on Thu Sep 30, 2010 11:26 am

I compare Hannah to Cam and Sully. Everyone (including me) hated them at first. But now Cam's my 3rd favorite character on the show, after Brennan and Sweets. I recently re-watched Boneless Bride, the Sully/Brennan goldmine episode, and *gasp* enjoyed it. I always end up liking SOs eventually.

Blue_Ink
Squint
Squint

Number of posts : 28
Location : Awesome, USA. Population: Me.
Registration date : 2010-09-10

Back to top Go down

Re: Have I slept for 8 months and just woke up?

Post by Fi1975 on Thu Sep 30, 2010 11:39 am

Blue_Ink wrote:I compare Hannah to Cam and Sully. Everyone (including me) hated them at first. But now Cam's my 3rd favorite character on the show, after Brennan and Sweets. I recently re-watched Boneless Bride, the Sully/Brennan goldmine episode, and *gasp* enjoyed it. I always end up liking SOs eventually.

I really didn't mind the episodes where Cam/Sully were with Booth/Brennan. Maybe because I wasn't on the fan boards at the time and didn't read about the hate and get sucked in, though I've never really minded the SO storylines even since I've been on the fan boards. Maybe because I figured it was temporary. Maybe it was early on in B&B's friendship.

However, the Hannah storyline is testing me. I will always follow the show, be obsessive about it, but unless Hannah is a conduit for B&B getting together, I don't see that much point to her. I just have to think that there's a bigger purpose for her being there, and that we may not know yet what that purpose is...

Fi1975
Squint
Squint

Number of posts : 51
Age : 42
Location : London, originally from Wales
Say What You Want : Fail to prepare, prepare to fail!
Registration date : 2009-10-09

Back to top Go down

Re: Have I slept for 8 months and just woke up?

Post by treble21 on Thu Sep 30, 2010 1:46 pm

meh she's a stepping stone. that's all. I think she does genuinely love Booth... probably so did Rebecca and I don't see her hanging around too much anymore. While I understand people being upset about the storyline in general ( and I agree it is an overused plot device) But honestly guys... it will pass eventually.
avatar
treble21
Therapist
Therapist

Number of posts : 4680
Age : 37
Location : Ontario Canada
Say What You Want : I'm gonna miss the ABY.
Registration date : 2009-07-26

Back to top Go down

Re: Have I slept for 8 months and just woke up?

Post by joybrennan on Thu Sep 30, 2010 4:22 pm

Fi1975 wrote:
Blue_Ink wrote:I compare Hannah to Cam and Sully. Everyone (including me) hated them at first. But now Cam's my 3rd favorite character on the show, after Brennan and Sweets. I recently re-watched Boneless Bride, the Sully/Brennan goldmine episode, and *gasp* enjoyed it. I always end up liking SOs eventually.

I really didn't mind the episodes where Cam/Sully were with Booth/Brennan. Maybe because I wasn't on the fan boards at the time and didn't read about the hate and get sucked in, though I've never really minded the SO storylines even since I've been on the fan boards. Maybe because I figured it was temporary. Maybe it was early on in B&B's friendship.

However, the Hannah storyline is testing me. I will always follow the show, be obsessive about it, but unless Hannah is a conduit for B&B getting together, I don't see that much point to her. I just have to think that there's a bigger purpose for her being there, and that we may not know yet what that purpose is...

Of course you have to think there's a bigger purpose - otherwise it would be a ridiculous choice designed to keep B&B on the same hamster wheel so the writers don't have to think about what would happen if they got off of it Rolling Eyes Seriously. They've got a formula now and they're going to see how long fans will watch the same thing over and over again expecting different results. [Only admins are allowed to see this image]

The fact that people keep bring up Cam and Sully is, IMO, hysterical. Very Happy. Season two, characters are still getting to know each other. Season six....they've apparently forgotten whatever they knew about each other so they have to start all over again. Shocked

Incidently, I saw an episode of some show called Jag...the guy says to the girl "let's give this a shot." In terms of trying a relationship. Only the woman, after he surprise of it, points out she can't tell if he's really interested in her, or in love with the idea of an instant family. Now I never watched Jag before, but I've heard it was almost as bad as the X-files. affraid and as I watched the scene playing out, all I could think of was, "oh, this is where the idea for the hundreth ending came from. Point being, if you've been watching tv shows for a while, certain cues start popping up that let you know your show has left the land of creativity and gone to the land of formulaic mediocrity. Even within a show there are signs - like realizing they are trying to recreate the scenarios from season two in season six. Twisted Evil
avatar
joybrennan
Head of Forensics
Head of Forensics

Number of posts : 1532
Age : 41
Location : NYC
Say What You Want : I like to see the roller-coaster before I get on it. I mean, how many loops are we talking here?
Registration date : 2010-03-07

Back to top Go down

Re: Have I slept for 8 months and just woke up?

Post by future_anthro on Thu Sep 30, 2010 6:19 pm

I'm more than happy to sit back and enjoy the ride, bumpy or not, and see what happens.
avatar
future_anthro
Doctor
Doctor

Number of posts : 621
Age : 31
Location : Brisbane, Australia
Registration date : 2010-04-29

Back to top Go down

Re: Have I slept for 8 months and just woke up?

Post by bonesfan158 on Fri Oct 01, 2010 12:51 am

I loved Jag, but not the way it ended. The characters, like Bones, were more life-like, not fantasy. I was seriously disappointed in the ending though. I hope Bones doesn't follow suit. I'm hopeful that HH sticks to his statement about not having them come together for the series finale, which is what they did in Jag.
Writers in Hollywood are too focused on what they call the "Moonlighting Curse" to take a chance. Maybe some of them should do their homework and figure out exactly what happened on Moonlighting to cause it to fail. I think they would realize that it was much more than the main characters getting together romantically. I watched that show also.

bonesfan158
Squint
Squint

Number of posts : 84
Location : Boston area
Registration date : 2010-03-17

Back to top Go down

Re: Have I slept for 8 months and just woke up?

Post by puckishbearscubsfan on Fri Oct 01, 2010 2:43 am

This is going to sound weird but I pray Hart and Co. have advance warning of some sort of cancellation or end of series when it happens. This will give them time to do something and not rush it haphazardly to get them together.

puckishbearscubsfan
Forensic Artist
Forensic Artist

Number of posts : 209
Registration date : 2009-10-12

Back to top Go down

Re: Have I slept for 8 months and just woke up?

Post by Beliskner on Fri Oct 01, 2010 2:58 am

personally I thought Bones writers could be a little more creative then coming up with this cliche story line.

I also dislike the whole portrayel of Booth in the army, not accurate, not even close to reality, Bones writers don not have a clue about any of that.
avatar
Beliskner
Agent
Agent

Number of posts : 350
Age : 31
Location : My chair
Say What You Want : The man who goes alone can start today; but he who travels with another must wait till that other is ready, and it may be a long time before they get off
Registration date : 2010-04-15

Back to top Go down

Re: Have I slept for 8 months and just woke up?

Post by elyon on Fri Oct 01, 2010 3:02 am


Incidently, I saw an episode of some show called Jag...the guy says to the girl "let's give this a shot." In terms of trying a relationship. Only the woman, after he surprise of it, points out she can't tell if he's really interested in her, or in love with the idea of an instant family. Now I never watched Jag before, but I've heard it was almost as bad as the X-files. affraid and as I watched the scene playing out, all I could think of was, "oh, this is where the idea for the hundreth ending came from. Point being, if you've been watching tv shows for a while, certain cues start popping up that let you know your show has left the land of creativity and gone to the land of formulaic mediocrity. Even within a show there are signs - like realizing they are trying to recreate the scenarios from season two in season six. Twisted Evil [/quote]

I happened past the prom episode of 'Buffy' and what did I see but Buffy telling Angel, 'I can't change. I can't change.' Of course, she meant that she couldn't stop loving him but the similarities between that scene and the end of the 100th were striking. I loved Hart's tweet that said 'we don't emulate anyone'. Ha ha ha! Joss Whedon has been the ghost writer (metaphorically speaking) from the beginning.

elyon
Head of Forensics
Head of Forensics

Number of posts : 1073
Say What You Want : Pyramids are better at change than you are.
Registration date : 2010-04-25

Back to top Go down

Re: Have I slept for 8 months and just woke up?

Post by Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum