The 8th episode will "blow your mind."

Page 4 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: The 8th episode will "blow your mind."

Post by jro54 on Tue Oct 05, 2010 1:25 pm

What did Booth specifically say...like he bragged to Brennan how great having sex with Hannah was?...I had the volume muted for like than half the episode.
avatar
jro54
Head of Forensics
Head of Forensics

Number of posts : 1740
Age : 26
Location : Flagstaff, Arizona
Say What You Want : No matter what happens and the twists and turns that this show takes, I will always be a Bones fan!!!! Bring it on Hart!!!!boxing
Registration date : 2010-03-25

Back to top Go down

Re: The 8th episode will "blow your mind."

Post by crzy4bones on Tue Oct 05, 2010 1:32 pm

see what you miss? LOL

He didn't say how good the sex was...the closest he comes is to remarking that he didn't use to like figs and now he does...definitely not on the level of how Brennan bragged about how great the sex was with Sully..

crzy4bones
Doctor
Doctor

Number of posts : 586
Age : 49
Location : Virginia Beach, VA
Registration date : 2010-04-23

Back to top Go down

Re: The 8th episode will "blow your mind."

Post by joybrennan on Tue Oct 05, 2010 1:34 pm

treble21 wrote:
bailey wrote:
joybrennan wrote:@ rubyruby - you have forgotten that continuity has goes out of this show a while ago. Last year Brennan tells Booth, Jared, and Jared's fiance that although she can't prove it she believes it's possible that love is what CAUSES the cbemical reactions in the brain. Now she's back to just chemicals. Booth used like discretion and privacy when it came to his romantic relationships - obviously not anymore. Rolling Eyes So, he's never cheated on a woman in his life - oh well. I mean, he's never been dating someone else while knowing the love of his life is pinning for him either. Twisted Evil


Well actually .... I don't find that as a continuity issue. All Brennan says in Couple is that Booth is experiencing a rush of chemicals she doesn't say that the chemicals are making him love Hannah, she could just as easily as meant that because he fell in love he's now experiencing a rush of chemicals. Smile


Booth's talking so much about his sex life I agree is a continuity issue ... although I think there'll be an explanation for it. Best reason I can come up with at the moment is Booth's subconscious way of rubbing Brennan's face in it. David did say (not that we should ever believe him) that Booth would be trying to make Brennan jealous.

Maybe that's how DB is rationalizing the continuity issue, cause the writers seem to have no idea that Booth is "trying to make Brennan jealous" but they also seem to have no idea that Booth is the " what's between us is ours" guy either.... unless that only matters with Brennan.

Now, THAT, makes some sense. God knows trying to act in character when the writings all over the map has got to be infuriatingly difficult. They should get emmys on that fact alone. Twisted Evil
I myself am DYING to know what scene it was that Emily wanted to punch the writers! Very Happy
avatar
joybrennan
Head of Forensics
Head of Forensics

Number of posts : 1532
Age : 41
Location : NYC
Say What You Want : I like to see the roller-coaster before I get on it. I mean, how many loops are we talking here?
Registration date : 2010-03-07

Back to top Go down

Re: The 8th episode will "blow your mind."

Post by jro54 on Tue Oct 05, 2010 1:42 pm

crzy4bones wrote:see what you miss? LOL

He didn't say how good the sex was...the closest he comes is to remarking that he didn't use to like figs and now he does...definitely not on the level of how Brennan bragged about how great the sex was with Sully..

Thanks. That's what I thought. I muted the volume when showed Booth/Hannah/Brennan at the FF...because I didn't want to hear about the fig tree thing. puke...


Last edited by jro54 on Tue Oct 05, 2010 2:01 pm; edited 1 time in total
avatar
jro54
Head of Forensics
Head of Forensics

Number of posts : 1740
Age : 26
Location : Flagstaff, Arizona
Say What You Want : No matter what happens and the twists and turns that this show takes, I will always be a Bones fan!!!! Bring it on Hart!!!!boxing
Registration date : 2010-03-25

Back to top Go down

Re: The 8th episode will "blow your mind."

Post by joybrennan on Tue Oct 05, 2010 1:56 pm

crzy4bones wrote:see what you miss? LOL

He didn't say how good the sex was...the closest he comes is to remarking that he didn't use to like figs and now he does...definitely not on the level of how Brennan bragged about how great the sex was with Sully..

Rolling Eyes Still on season two? Anyway, if Booth started acting like Brennan he wouldn't be Booth and vice-versa. He never comments on his sex life - it's still out of character. Brennan steps on toes, but she doesn't even know she's doing it. It's a different thing if someone looks and then stomps on your feet. BOOTH knows she's never tried to hurt him, as do all the other regulars on the show. They read her actions in the context of who she is. Someone else saying or doing certain things would be mean - assuming they were people who sense of socialization was normal. The character of Brennan ISN'T normal, and judging her as if she is IMO is missing a large part of what the show is about. Also, who she is also is what Booth's been attracted too. The same person who is candid about her sex life is the same person who uses the money from her book sales to revitalize a small town, as opposed to something for herself. People would
also find such actions strange.
avatar
joybrennan
Head of Forensics
Head of Forensics

Number of posts : 1532
Age : 41
Location : NYC
Say What You Want : I like to see the roller-coaster before I get on it. I mean, how many loops are we talking here?
Registration date : 2010-03-07

Back to top Go down

Re: The 8th episode will "blow your mind."

Post by jro54 on Tue Oct 05, 2010 2:38 pm

Let's back on topic...and go back to speculating what might happen in the 8th episode, even though we don't much evidence to base anything on. Very Happy

I have few ideas. I'll start with my Twisted Evil one first...Assuming that HH's tweet is referring to the fans, Booth/Hannah get engaged and we get to see it from Brennan's POV. She realizes that she misses her chance...and tries to move on.
Maybe will learn something about Brennan...like we'll find out that she's the one that GG is talking about in Mayhem...OR I suppose something could happen that might push B&B together. Of course, they won't stay together...like what Joy wrote, that it is kind of the only thing that fans aren't expecting right now. Everyone thinks that something huge is going to happen that moves B&B further away from each other.

IDK I still have to think about it...because if HH's tweet is about that fans, I have a feeling that what happens will be huge and unexpected...but it wil also split the fan base (...even though I don't have any solid evidence to base this on,but after everything that's happened so far, I'm more inclined to believe that something huge will happen that will move B&B further away from each other, than something that would push them together Rolling Eyes) I wouldn't think that Brennan realizing her feelings or Booth pulling further away would be so unexpected...but I don't know how many time HH&Co. had said that the season 5 finale would be huge and unexpected...but it wasn't huge and unexpected at all. At least not to me it was. No
avatar
jro54
Head of Forensics
Head of Forensics

Number of posts : 1740
Age : 26
Location : Flagstaff, Arizona
Say What You Want : No matter what happens and the twists and turns that this show takes, I will always be a Bones fan!!!! Bring it on Hart!!!!boxing
Registration date : 2010-03-25

Back to top Go down

Re: The 8th episode will "blow your mind."

Post by RubyRuby on Tue Oct 05, 2010 3:22 pm

crzy4bones wrote:see what you miss? LOL

He didn't say how good the sex was...the closest he comes is to remarking that he didn't use to like figs and now he does...definitely not on the level of how Brennan bragged about how great the sex was with Sully..

Oh I see you are back to this again. Some of us here have not missed hashing this OVER and OVER again!
avatar
RubyRuby
Agent
Agent

Number of posts : 451
Age : 31
Location : Sydney
Say What You Want : Credit goes to bones/tumblr for the beautiful banner. I do NOT support the SO storyline. Its an insult to wonderful characters and the talented actors who portray them.
Registration date : 2010-07-29

Back to top Go down

Re: The 8th episode will "blow your mind."

Post by bonesparticulat on Tue Oct 05, 2010 3:43 pm

joybrennan wrote:
treble21 wrote:
bailey wrote:
joybrennan wrote:@ rubyruby - you have forgotten that continuity has goes out of this show a while ago. Last year Brennan tells Booth, Jared, and Jared's fiance that although she can't prove it she believes it's possible that love is what CAUSES the cbemical reactions in the brain. Now she's back to just chemicals. Booth used like discretion and privacy when it came to his romantic relationships - obviously not anymore. Rolling Eyes So, he's never cheated on a woman in his life - oh well. I mean, he's never been dating someone else while knowing the love of his life is pinning for him either. Twisted Evil


Well actually .... I don't find that as a continuity issue. All Brennan says in Couple is that Booth is experiencing a rush of chemicals she doesn't say that the chemicals are making him love Hannah, she could just as easily as meant that because he fell in love he's now experiencing a rush of chemicals. Smile


Booth's talking so much about his sex life I agree is a continuity issue ... although I think there'll be an explanation for it. Best reason I can come up with at the moment is Booth's subconscious way of rubbing Brennan's face in it. David did say (not that we should ever believe him) that Booth would be trying to make Brennan jealous.

Maybe that's how DB is rationalizing the continuity issue, cause the writers seem to have no idea that Booth is "trying to make Brennan jealous" but they also seem to have no idea that Booth is the " what's between us is ours" guy either.... unless that only matters with Brennan.

Now, THAT, makes some sense. God knows trying to act in character when the writings all over the map has got to be infuriatingly difficult. They should get emmys on that fact alone. Twisted Evil
I myself am DYING to know what scene it was that Emily wanted to punch the writers! Very Happy

When did Emily say what exactly? I don't remember.. Thanks. confused
avatar
bonesparticulat
Forensic Artist
Forensic Artist

Number of posts : 134
Age : 56
Location : Kansas, US
Registration date : 2009-12-10

http://bonesparticulat.livejournal.com

Back to top Go down

Re: The 8th episode will "blow your mind."

Post by joybrennan on Tue Oct 05, 2010 4:27 pm

jro54 wrote:Ummm...guys, I don't think Crzy4bones was trying to point out that Brennan was a sex obsessed hag who tries to make Booth jealous. All she did was point that Booth NEVER makes any comments about his sex life with Hannah (...and she actually watched that episode...because we talk about it in the "show discussion" thread)...unlike Brennan who DID say that sex with Sully was great. I don't think she ever intends to hurt Booth...and I don't think she rejected him because she doesn't love or that she doesn't want to be with him. She just says that after GG asks her a question and she's very honest. (ya know I'm a Brennan lover)...but PLEASE let's not make assumptions based off other people's posts.

@ jro54
Ummm...speaking of assumptions...no one made the leap you just did about crzy4bones's intentions. It's a particular issue about a particular scene in season two which is being used to compare and constrast Booth's behavior thus far in season six. Your statement about the season two scene is straightforward. Saying that Brennan was "bragging" about her sex life to Booth has a negative connotation, and is, as you stated, inaccurate as she was answering a direct question in a manner that fit her character. This entire conversation came up because we were discussing if Booth would kiss Brennan in the eighth episode. There was a split on if that would be in or out of character. However, I do agree that what Brennan did in season two has no bearing on who BOOTH is and what HIS character does. So why the comparison needed to be made at all... it didn't.

So, going back to the original topic. I think something will happen to bring B&B closer because it's a third way through the season and they don't know yet about being renewed for one or two seasons - if at all. Starting to bring them closer at this point would be hedging their bets. If they get renewed they can always find something to pull them apart. If they don't, the groundwork is in to put them together. Basically it would be covering their ass. Rolling Eyes


Last edited by joybrennan on Tue Oct 05, 2010 4:34 pm; edited 1 time in total
avatar
joybrennan
Head of Forensics
Head of Forensics

Number of posts : 1532
Age : 41
Location : NYC
Say What You Want : I like to see the roller-coaster before I get on it. I mean, how many loops are we talking here?
Registration date : 2010-03-07

Back to top Go down

Re: The 8th episode will "blow your mind."

Post by joybrennan on Tue Oct 05, 2010 4:31 pm

bonesparticulat wrote:
joybrennan wrote:
treble21 wrote:
bailey wrote:
joybrennan wrote:@ rubyruby - you have forgotten that continuity has goes out of this show a while ago. Last year Brennan tells Booth, Jared, and Jared's fiance that although she can't prove it she believes it's possible that love is what CAUSES the cbemical reactions in the brain. Now she's back to just chemicals. Booth used like discretion and privacy when it came to his romantic relationships - obviously not anymore. Rolling Eyes So, he's never cheated on a woman in his life - oh well. I mean, he's never been dating someone else while knowing the love of his life is pinning for him either. Twisted Evil


Well actually .... I don't find that as a continuity issue. All Brennan says in Couple is that Booth is experiencing a rush of chemicals she doesn't say that the chemicals are making him love Hannah, she could just as easily as meant that because he fell in love he's now experiencing a rush of chemicals. Smile


Booth's talking so much about his sex life I agree is a continuity issue ... although I think there'll be an explanation for it. Best reason I can come up with at the moment is Booth's subconscious way of rubbing Brennan's face in it. David did say (not that we should ever believe him) that Booth would be trying to make Brennan jealous.

Maybe that's how DB is rationalizing the continuity issue, cause the writers seem to have no idea that Booth is "trying to make Brennan jealous" but they also seem to have no idea that Booth is the " what's between us is ours" guy either.... unless that only matters with Brennan.

Now, THAT, makes some sense. God knows trying to act in character when the writings all over the map has got to be infuriatingly difficult. They should get emmys on that fact alone. Twisted Evil
I myself am DYING to know what scene it was that Emily wanted to punch the writers! Very Happy

When did Emily say what exactly? I don't remember.. Thanks. confused
It's in the season five gag reel. She and David are working on a scene and she's mad about whatever line she's trying to say, so totally frustrated she tells that to David. Very Happy
avatar
joybrennan
Head of Forensics
Head of Forensics

Number of posts : 1532
Age : 41
Location : NYC
Say What You Want : I like to see the roller-coaster before I get on it. I mean, how many loops are we talking here?
Registration date : 2010-03-07

Back to top Go down

Re: The 8th episode will "blow your mind."

Post by bonesparticulat on Tue Oct 05, 2010 4:41 pm

joybrennan wrote:
bonesparticulat wrote:
joybrennan wrote:
treble21 wrote:
bailey wrote:
joybrennan wrote:@ rubyruby - you have forgotten that continuity has goes out of this show a while ago. Last year Brennan tells Booth, Jared, and Jared's fiance that although she can't prove it she believes it's possible that love is what CAUSES the cbemical reactions in the brain. Now she's back to just chemicals. Booth used like discretion and privacy when it came to his romantic relationships - obviously not anymore. Rolling Eyes So, he's never cheated on a woman in his life - oh well. I mean, he's never been dating someone else while knowing the love of his life is pinning for him either. Twisted Evil


Well actually .... I don't find that as a continuity issue. All Brennan says in Couple is that Booth is experiencing a rush of chemicals she doesn't say that the chemicals are making him love Hannah, she could just as easily as meant that because he fell in love he's now experiencing a rush of chemicals. Smile


Booth's talking so much about his sex life I agree is a continuity issue ... although I think there'll be an explanation for it. Best reason I can come up with at the moment is Booth's subconscious way of rubbing Brennan's face in it. David did say (not that we should ever believe him) that Booth would be trying to make Brennan jealous.

Maybe that's how DB is rationalizing the continuity issue, cause the writers seem to have no idea that Booth is "trying to make Brennan jealous" but they also seem to have no idea that Booth is the " what's between us is ours" guy either.... unless that only matters with Brennan.

Now, THAT, makes some sense. God knows trying to act in character when the writings all over the map has got to be infuriatingly difficult. They should get emmys on that fact alone. Twisted Evil
I myself am DYING to know what scene it was that Emily wanted to punch the writers! Very Happy

When did Emily say what exactly? I don't remember.. Thanks. confused
It's in the season five gag reel. She and David are working on a scene and she's mad about whatever line she's trying to say, so totally frustrated she tells that to David. Very Happy

I love you Thanks. That sounds more like something about difficult jargon or so... Also, brings back the whole issue of how much influence actors have on their characters... but let's leave that for another time, enough hairs ruffled as it is Smile Good night by the way, really time to go to bed now.
avatar
bonesparticulat
Forensic Artist
Forensic Artist

Number of posts : 134
Age : 56
Location : Kansas, US
Registration date : 2009-12-10

http://bonesparticulat.livejournal.com

Back to top Go down

Re: The 8th episode will "blow your mind."

Post by adbyadby on Tue Oct 05, 2010 5:56 pm

[quote="Lorna Doone"]
elyon wrote:

I think Booth was trying to signal to Brennan not to blurt out how that was factually incorrect given his sniper background. Interesting that Brennan refrained from being her usual truthful self.

Lorna

Really Why should Brennan do anything for him when he is treating her like something he has just stepped on? And yes i know the Booth lovers are going to have a fun day at that one. All i can say is have fun and try not to get too over excited. I wouldnt want you all to have a stroke and not be able to watch lover boy in the newly named Hannah and Booth show, once known as Bones.

adbyadby
Squint
Squint

Number of posts : 91
Age : 104
Registration date : 2010-09-01

Back to top Go down

Re: The 8th episode will "blow your mind."

Post by bones fan 99 on Tue Oct 05, 2010 6:46 pm

I think they will get closer each episode even with Hannah there

example 1) episode 1 Brennan looked disappointed to know booth moved on.... implication of "feeling that disappointment in her face"

example 2) episode 2 Brennan admits in front of booth she fantacised about them being together.... implication of an admition of feelings

loving the new season even with Hannah (an arc with which I do hate)
much love to Db and ED for pulling it all off thats all I can say
avatar
bones fan 99
Doctor
Doctor

Number of posts : 621
Age : 38
Location : new zealand
Registration date : 2010-08-31

Back to top Go down

Re: The 8th episode will "blow your mind."

Post by crzy4bones on Tue Oct 05, 2010 9:35 pm

joybrennan wrote:
crzy4bones wrote:see what you miss? LOL

He didn't say how good the sex was...the closest he comes is to remarking that he didn't use to like figs and now he does...definitely not on the level of how Brennan bragged about how great the sex was with Sully..

Rolling Eyes Still on season two? Anyway, if Booth started acting like Brennan he wouldn't be Booth and vice-versa. He never comments on his sex life - it's still out of character. Brennan steps on toes, but she doesn't even know she's doing it. It's a different thing if someone looks and then stomps on your feet. BOOTH knows she's never tried to hurt him, as do all the other regulars on the show. They read her actions in the context of who she is. Someone else saying or doing certain things would be mean - assuming they were people who sense of socialization was normal. The character of Brennan ISN'T normal, and judging her as if she is IMO is missing a large part of what the show is about. Also, who she is also is what Booth's been attracted too. The same person who is candid about her sex life is the same person who uses the money from her book sales to revitalize a small town, as opposed to something for herself. People would
also find such actions strange.

HEY...let's be fair. It was JRO that asked if it was similar to when Brennan brought up sex with Sully. She edited the comment while I was typing my response. Even though it was edited by the time my post was ready to be posted, I decided to leave the Sully comment in my response because that is what she originally asked and must have wanted to know. And all I did was answer the question...I didn't make any character judgements or anything. Basic facts. Booth said he like figs, Brennan bragged about the great sex with Sully...I didn't say either was wrong or right or anything like that. If you think that by my saying that Brennan was "bragging" puts a negative connotation on Brennan then that's YOUR interpretation.

As for how this "subject" came up...MY response had nothing to do with anything else in this thread..it was just a simple answer to jro's simple question. Period. Nothing to do with character continuity or anything.


crzy4bones
Doctor
Doctor

Number of posts : 586
Age : 49
Location : Virginia Beach, VA
Registration date : 2010-04-23

Back to top Go down

Re: The 8th episode will "blow your mind."

Post by MI_Bonesgirl on Tue Oct 05, 2010 9:50 pm

I've read through everything here, and something that really bugs me about this ep- is it supposed to be a dream or what? Because Brennan seeing herself in the victim's pictures and hearing her own voice, and having a conversation with the victim-I would consider that a hallucination-and I seriously hope they are now going down that road again. Not to mention Hart's "Nothing happens unless 1st a dream".

I agree with joybrennan-the only thing that would shock me at this point would be for them to put B&B together. Booth/Hannah pregnancy scare. *yawn*. Booth/Hannah engagement? Nope-I expected them to come back from Afghanistan engaged. Any form or variation of the words "I love you" spoken between B&B? affraid
avatar
MI_Bonesgirl
Head of Forensics
Head of Forensics

Number of posts : 1147
Age : 39
Location : Michigan
Say What You Want : Onward and Upward, Season 6!!!
Registration date : 2010-03-23

Back to top Go down

Re: The 8th episode will "blow your mind."

Post by joybrennan on Tue Oct 05, 2010 11:48 pm

crzy4bones wrote:
joybrennan wrote:
crzy4bones wrote:see what you miss? LOL

He didn't say how good the sex was...the closest he comes is to remarking that he didn't use to like figs and now he does...definitely not on the level of how Brennan bragged about how great the sex was with Sully..

Rolling Eyes Still on season two? Anyway, if Booth started acting like Brennan he wouldn't be Booth and vice-versa. He never comments on his sex life - it's still out of character. Brennan steps on toes, but she doesn't even know she's doing it. It's a different thing if someone looks and then stomps on your feet. BOOTH knows she's never tried to hurt him, as do all the other regulars on the show. They read her actions in the context of who she is. Someone else saying or doing certain things would be mean - assuming they were people who sense of socialization was normal. The character of Brennan ISN'T normal, and judging her as if she is IMO is missing a large part of what the show is about. Also, who she is also is what Booth's been attracted too. The same person who is candid about her sex life is the same person who uses the money from her book sales to revitalize a small town, as opposed to something for herself. People would
also find such actions strange.

HEY...let's be fair. It was JRO that asked if it was similar to when Brennan brought up sex with Sully. She edited the comment while I was typing my response. Even though it was edited by the time my post was ready to be posted, I decided to leave the Sully comment in my response because that is what she originally asked and must have wanted to know. And all I did was answer the question...I didn't make any character judgements or anything. Basic facts. Booth said he like figs, Brennan bragged about the great sex with Sully...I didn't say either was wrong or right or anything like that. If you think that by my saying that Brennan was "bragging" puts a negative connotation on Brennan then that's YOUR interpretation.

As for how this "subject" came up...MY response had nothing to do with anything else in this thread..it was just a simple answer to jro's simple question. Period. Nothing to do with character continuity or anything.

Actually, it's not my interpretation, the word, by its definition, is not positive or neutral. Maybe you just didn't realize specifically what it meant?

bragged - to speak of (one's own achievements, possessions, etc.) arrogantly and boastfully. (Collins English Dictionary - unabridged)

Brag implies exaggerated claims and often an air of insolent superiority: He bragged about his grades. (American Heritage dictionary - under synonyms for "boast.")

arrogant - having or showing an exaggerated opinion of one's own importance, merit, ability, etc.; conceited; overbearingly proud. (Collins)

Brennan was asked the question, she answers it honestly and straightforwardly. Bragged? No. However, like I said, it just may have been a poor word choice, not your actual intent. Smile
avatar
joybrennan
Head of Forensics
Head of Forensics

Number of posts : 1532
Age : 41
Location : NYC
Say What You Want : I like to see the roller-coaster before I get on it. I mean, how many loops are we talking here?
Registration date : 2010-03-07

Back to top Go down

Re: The 8th episode will "blow your mind."

Post by joybrennan on Wed Oct 06, 2010 12:04 am

bones fan 99 wrote:I think they will get closer each episode even with Hannah there

example 1) episode 1 Brennan looked disappointed to know booth moved on.... implication of "feeling that disappointment in her face"

example 2) episode 2 Brennan admits in front of booth she fantacised about them being together.... implication of an admition of feelings

loving the new season even with Hannah (an arc with which I do hate)
much love to Db and ED for pulling it all off thats all I can say

Eventually. Right now it's basically Brennan revealing feelings and Booth either not seeing them or ignoring them (not sure which yet.) I find it tedious as a storyline, even if it's a means to an end, I think there are far more interesting and original means that would lead to the same end. Que Sera, Sera! Neutral Wink
avatar
joybrennan
Head of Forensics
Head of Forensics

Number of posts : 1532
Age : 41
Location : NYC
Say What You Want : I like to see the roller-coaster before I get on it. I mean, how many loops are we talking here?
Registration date : 2010-03-07

Back to top Go down

Re: The 8th episode will "blow your mind."

Post by crzy4bones on Wed Oct 06, 2010 12:35 am

joybrennan wrote:
crzy4bones wrote:
joybrennan wrote:
crzy4bones wrote:see what you miss? LOL

He didn't say how good the sex was...the closest he comes is to remarking that he didn't use to like figs and now he does...definitely not on the level of how Brennan bragged about how great the sex was with Sully..

Rolling Eyes Still on season two? Anyway, if Booth started acting like Brennan he wouldn't be Booth and vice-versa. He never comments on his sex life - it's still out of character. Brennan steps on toes, but she doesn't even know she's doing it. It's a different thing if someone looks and then stomps on your feet. BOOTH knows she's never tried to hurt him, as do all the other regulars on the show. They read her actions in the context of who she is. Someone else saying or doing certain things would be mean - assuming they were people who sense of socialization was normal. The character of Brennan ISN'T normal, and judging her as if she is IMO is missing a large part of what the show is about. Also, who she is also is what Booth's been attracted too. The same person who is candid about her sex life is the same person who uses the money from her book sales to revitalize a small town, as opposed to something for herself. People would
also find such actions strange.

HEY...let's be fair. It was JRO that asked if it was similar to when Brennan brought up sex with Sully. She edited the comment while I was typing my response. Even though it was edited by the time my post was ready to be posted, I decided to leave the Sully comment in my response because that is what she originally asked and must have wanted to know. And all I did was answer the question...I didn't make any character judgements or anything. Basic facts. Booth said he like figs, Brennan bragged about the great sex with Sully...I didn't say either was wrong or right or anything like that. If you think that by my saying that Brennan was "bragging" puts a negative connotation on Brennan then that's YOUR interpretation.

As for how this "subject" came up...MY response had nothing to do with anything else in this thread..it was just a simple answer to jro's simple question. Period. Nothing to do with character continuity or anything.

Actually, it's not my interpretation, the word, by its definition, is not positive or neutral. Maybe you just didn't realize specifically what it meant?

bragged - to speak of (one's own achievements, possessions, etc.) arrogantly and boastfully. (Collins English Dictionary - unabridged)

Brag implies exaggerated claims and often an air of insolent superiority: He bragged about his grades. (American Heritage dictionary - under synonyms for "boast.")

arrogant - having or showing an exaggerated opinion of one's own importance, merit, ability, etc.; conceited; overbearingly proud. (Collins)

Brennan was asked the question, she answers it honestly and straightforwardly. Bragged? No. However, like I said, it just may have been a poor word choice, not your actual intent. Smile

Look..I am not going to respond. I am tired of you attacking my every word and every post and I am not going to argue with you over something that has no point in this thread. She asked a question. I answered. Period.

BTW...just because someone answers a question straightforward does not mean that it's polite or correct or any less hurtful.

crzy4bones
Doctor
Doctor

Number of posts : 586
Age : 49
Location : Virginia Beach, VA
Registration date : 2010-04-23

Back to top Go down

Re: The 8th episode will "blow your mind."

Post by the beaver1965 on Wed Oct 06, 2010 1:16 am

All the posters on here have different point of views and that is what this forum is for. There is a poster however, who has such an intense dislike (Extreme Hatred) would be a better word for the Booth character that it borders on paranoia. As Hodgins said. dude CHILL OUT.

the beaver1965
Forensic Artist
Forensic Artist

Number of posts : 209
Registration date : 2009-09-24

Back to top Go down

Re: The 8th episode will "blow your mind."

Post by treble21 on Wed Oct 06, 2010 1:36 am

adbyadby wrote:
elyon wrote:

I think Booth was trying to signal to Brennan not to blurt out how that was factually incorrect given his sniper background. Interesting that Brennan refrained from being her usual truthful self.

Lorna

Really Why should Brennan do anything for him when he is treating her like something he has just stepped on? And yes i know the Booth lovers are going to have a fun day at that one. All i can say is have fun and try not to get too over excited. I wouldnt want you all to have a stroke and not be able to watch lover boy in the newly named Hannah and Booth show, once known as Bones.

Please do not attack other fans for their opinions, it is fine that you have your own, but it is not ok to belittle others for theirs. . The post comes off as antagonistic like you are trying to start a Booth vs. Brennan war, which will be kinda hard to do as most of the posters here are fans of BOTH Booth and Brennan.


Last edited by treble21 on Wed Oct 06, 2010 2:30 am; edited 1 time in total
avatar
treble21
Therapist
Therapist

Number of posts : 4680
Age : 37
Location : Ontario Canada
Say What You Want : I'm gonna miss the ABY.
Registration date : 2009-07-26

Back to top Go down

Re: The 8th episode will "blow your mind."

Post by joybrennan on Wed Oct 06, 2010 1:59 am

treble21 wrote:
adbyadby wrote:
elyon wrote:

I think Booth was trying to signal to Brennan not to blurt out how that was factually incorrect given his sniper background. Interesting that Brennan refrained from being her usual truthful self.

Lorna

Really Why should Brennan do anything for him when he is treating her like something he has just stepped on? And yes i know the Booth lovers are going to have a fun day at that one. All i can say is have fun and try not to get too over excited. I wouldnt want you all to have a stroke and not be able to watch lover boy in the newly named Hannah and Booth show, once known as Bones.

Please do not attack other fans for their opinions, it is fine that you have your own, but it is not ok to belittle others for theirs. . The post comes off as antagonistic like you are trying to start a Booth vs. Brennan war, which will be kinda hard to do as most of the posters here are fans of BOTH Booth and Brennan.

Ahhh - the voice of reason! THANK YOU, treble21. I love you
avatar
joybrennan
Head of Forensics
Head of Forensics

Number of posts : 1532
Age : 41
Location : NYC
Say What You Want : I like to see the roller-coaster before I get on it. I mean, how many loops are we talking here?
Registration date : 2010-03-07

Back to top Go down

Re: The 8th episode will "blow your mind."

Post by jro54 on Wed Oct 06, 2010 4:49 am

MI_Bonesgirl wrote:I've read through everything here, and something that really bugs me about this ep- is it supposed to be a dream or what? Because Brennan seeing herself in the victim's pictures and hearing her own voice, and having a conversation with the victim-I would consider that a hallucination-and I seriously hope they are now going down that road again. Not to mention Hart's "Nothing happens unless 1st a dream".

I agree with joybrennan-the only thing that would shock me at this point would be for them to put B&B together. Booth/Hannah pregnancy scare. *yawn*. Booth/Hannah engagement? Nope-I expected them to come back from Afghanistan engaged. Any form or variation of the words "I love you" spoken between B&B? affraid

I've been thinking that too, MI_Bonesgirl. I'm still not sure about a B&B kiss...but maybe there might be an exchange of the words "I love you" between B&B. I don't think anyone is expecting for B&B to get together right now. I originally expecting a Booth/Hannah engagement or a pregnancy scare...but after watching them on-screen together, I really don't see that happening. The obvious purpose for Hannah to wake Brennan up...and I totally think that she will somehow bring B&B closer together (...and I don't mean that we should rush to judgement and bring out the champagne just yet)
avatar
jro54
Head of Forensics
Head of Forensics

Number of posts : 1740
Age : 26
Location : Flagstaff, Arizona
Say What You Want : No matter what happens and the twists and turns that this show takes, I will always be a Bones fan!!!! Bring it on Hart!!!!boxing
Registration date : 2010-03-25

Back to top Go down

Re: The 8th episode will "blow your mind."

Post by adbyadby on Wed Oct 06, 2010 6:51 am

treble21 wrote:
adbyadby wrote:
elyon wrote:

I think Booth was trying to signal to Brennan not to blurt out how that was factually incorrect given his sniper background. Interesting that Brennan refrained from being her usual truthful self.

Lorna

Really Why should Brennan do anything for him when he is treating her like something he has just stepped on? And yes i know the Booth lovers are going to have a fun day at that one. All i can say is have fun and try not to get too over excited. I wouldnt want you all to have a stroke and not be able to watch lover boy in the newly named Hannah and Booth show, once known as Bones.

Please do not attack other fans for their opinions, it is fine that you have your own, but it is not ok to belittle others for theirs. . The post comes off as antagonistic like you are trying to start a Booth vs. Brennan war, which will be kinda hard to do as most of the posters here are fans of BOTH Booth and Brennan.

While i agree with what you are saying it seem that people that attack people regarding Brennan seem to go unnoticed it is only people that seem to have go at Booth that get noticed, we have had plan of this in this thread and this was not seen

adbyadby
Squint
Squint

Number of posts : 91
Age : 104
Registration date : 2010-09-01

Back to top Go down

Re: The 8th episode will "blow your mind."

Post by jro54 on Wed Oct 06, 2010 7:21 am

THIS thread is about the 8th episode...and speculating about what could possibly happen (even though we don't have a lot of information) PLEASE let's not derail this thread...with anymore "Booth vs Brennan" debates (...and it hard to do because most of the posters here are BOTH Booth and Brennan lovers)
avatar
jro54
Head of Forensics
Head of Forensics

Number of posts : 1740
Age : 26
Location : Flagstaff, Arizona
Say What You Want : No matter what happens and the twists and turns that this show takes, I will always be a Bones fan!!!! Bring it on Hart!!!!boxing
Registration date : 2010-03-25

Back to top Go down

Re: The 8th episode will "blow your mind."

Post by joybrennan on Wed Oct 06, 2010 7:39 am

adbyadby wrote:
treble21 wrote:
adbyadby wrote:
elyon wrote:

I think Booth was trying to signal to Brennan not to blurt out how that was factually incorrect given his sniper background. Interesting that Brennan refrained from being her usual truthful self.

Lorna

Really Why should Brennan do anything for him when he is treating her like something he has just stepped on? And yes i know the Booth lovers are going to have a fun day at that one. All i can say is have fun and try not to get too over excited. I wouldnt want you all to have a stroke and not be able to watch lover boy in the newly named Hannah and Booth show, once known as Bones.

Please do not attack other fans for their opinions, it is fine that you have your own, but it is not ok to belittle others for theirs. . The post comes off as antagonistic like you are trying to start a Booth vs. Brennan war, which will be kinda hard to do as most of the posters here are fans of BOTH Booth and Brennan.

While i agree with what you are saying it seem that people that attack people regarding Brennan seem to go unnoticed it is only people that seem to have go at Booth that get noticed, we have had plan of this in this thread and this was not seen

Rolling Eyes There's a difference between disagreement, dicussion, debate, and a personal attack. Goodness knows I disagree, discuss, dissect and debate pretty heavily on this board. A personal attack. doesn't deal with what a person says, it comments on their character and, as treble21 said, belittles them. No one is required to agree on what they like or don't on this board, but the respect of fellow fans is, in fact, a rule of the Aby. Dividing people into Booth and Brennan lovers and talking about either of them being liked only for their physical physical merits is personal and inappropriate. Incidently, I AM someone who is usually defending Brennan. Some of my best friends on this board completely disagree with me, but we respect each other. Different opinions does not make a person "the enemy."

If you feel passionate about your point of view then stick to the topic and explain and defend why you like or dislike what is happening on the show that pertains to the thread topic.

For instance - in the eighth episode, I hope Booth is concerned enough to seek out why Brennan is upset because his not noticing the changes in her by ep. eight would be completely annoying.

Smile
avatar
joybrennan
Head of Forensics
Head of Forensics

Number of posts : 1532
Age : 41
Location : NYC
Say What You Want : I like to see the roller-coaster before I get on it. I mean, how many loops are we talking here?
Registration date : 2010-03-07

Back to top Go down

Re: The 8th episode will "blow your mind."

Post by Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum